Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

By exquisites

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... More

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 13 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 33 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 74 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 82 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 85 ♡
Chapter 86 ♡
Chapter 87 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 43 ♡

38.3K 1.7K 571
By exquisites

I'm dedicating this to my best reader @AlizahZahid ! You should all follow her because she's the sweetest person you will ever meet. I love you babe. Double updating just for you. <3

AND ON A SIDE NOTE, 2K READERS !!! IM SO HAPPY YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.

----------

Chapter 43

(Zayn's POV)

Mark and I stood outside of the room. I hated leaving Kat inside but what choice did I have?

"Alright Zayn," Mark started, "what's your problem? Why aren't you leaving Kat alone?"

I stuffed my hands inside my pockets, "why should I leave her? I love her and she loves me."

He laughed, "you kids know nothing about love. All you do is date for a couple of weeks and you call it love."

Kat and I had been dating for about six months now, not a couple of weeks.

But he continued, "and besides, you don't think I'm going to let you see her again, do you?"

"And you don't think I'm going to let that stop me," I raised an eyebrow, "do you?"

He glared at me, obviously agitated. "I'm not going to let someone like you near my daughter. I mean, look at yourself. You drive a motorcycle, you treat your body like a coloring book, you smoke, and you've probably been to jail a couple of times."

How very stereotypical of him. I've been to jail only once, and that too, with Kat.

"Now tell me Zayn," he said to me, "would you want your daughter hanging around someone like you?"

"I wouldn't want my daughter hanging around with the person you just described. But if she were to hang around with someone like me, I wouldn't stop her."

Now he got annoyed. He stormed to me and said in a low but harsh voice, "I will call the cops on you."

"By telling them what?" I was amused.

"I don't care! I can make up shit to get you in jail."

"Well just to let you know," I replied easily, "it's going to take much more than a simple threat to take Kat away from me."

He stood there, frozen at my words.

"Why don't you want me around Kat anyways?" I continued, "I've been protecting her. I've been helping her. Hell, I was the one who convinced her to talk to you just a few minutes ago."

"You're taking her away from reality Zayn," he said seriously, "she won't always have someone to protect her. She can't just quit a job if she doesn't like it. She can't avoid me because I don't like you. You may not even know it Zayn, but you're hurting her by making her happy."

I passed him a confused look. Honestly, I had no idea what the hell he just said. I was hurting her by making her happy?

"That makes no sense." I replied truthfully.

He shook his head, "you'll understand one day. But for now, I need you to leave. I don't want you around my daughter."

I smiled at him, which I knew would drive him insane. Then, shoved passed him and walked back into the room.

"Zayn!" He shouted, his voice echoing in the room as I walked in.

I knew he was following me, but I didn't mind. I made my way towards Kat, sitting in the empty seat beside her.

"Zayn! Did you not hear me?" Mark stormed into the room, shouting at me.

I took Kat's hand into mine and smiled down at her. She was looking around, worried at what her dad was yelling about. But I ignored him.

"Get out of here!" He yelled.

I placed a kiss on Kat's hand, "how are you feeling babe?" I asked her.

"What's going on?" She asked me, obviously concerned.

"He wants me to leave," I replied, "but I'm not going to leave until you're better."

"Zayn," she whispered.

"Zayn!" Mark yelled. He was now towering over me, staring down at me while I paid no attention to him. "Get out of here, now!"

I got up now, standing up to face him. He was a bit taller than me, but not that much. "What the fuck is your problem?"

Cora ran over to our side, grabbing Mark's arm in order to hold him back.

"You're my problem!" He yelled.

"Dad please," Kat croaked, "just leave him alone."

He ignored her, "I'm not joking."

I smiled at him, "it seems like a joke to me."

He grabbed my shirt collar and I heard Kat cry. "This is your last warning, leave now, or else."

I was prepared to fight back. Kat was worth it all and I knew that. I wasn't going to leave her. But everything changed once Kat spoke up.

"Zayn," she whispered, "just get out, there's no use."

I turned to her to see tears forming in her eyes. I felt as if an arrow shot through my heart and left a huge hole. I swallowed the lump in my throat, blinking back the pain I felt from seeing her cry because of me.

"Don't cry, I'm leaving" I said to her. I bent down and placed a soft kiss on her cheek, "I love you."

I looked at her one last time before shoving past Mark and walking out the door.

I had just walked out on my everything, and I wasn't sure if we could figure something out this time.

***

(Kat's POV)

I shut my eyes, trying to block everything out.

Zayn had just walked out because of me. He had gotten so hurt because of me. It brought me pain to see even a tear in his eye. He had suffered so much for me.

Dad was the reason for my happiness to disappear. He was the reason for all this in the first place. I wouldn't have been in this hospital bed if he hadn't told me to leave Zayn.

"Kat, it's time to go home," I heard Cora whisper.

Tears started falling out of my eyes. Why did I have so many emotions? Couldn't I just be happy and get it over with.

"Kat," Jack's voice echoed through my head.

I shot open my eyes, "what?! What do all of you want?! Can't you just leave me alone?"

"Katrina," dad said sternly, "what has gotten into you?"

I didn't even bother replying to him. He wasn't worth it.

"Kat, it's okay." Carlee tried reassuring me.

But it wasn't. Nothing was okay. I didn't have Zayn with me and I was once again alone. Nobody was here to help me. Nobody was here to hug me and tell me things that would actually make me feel like everything was fine. Zayn wasn't here, and that was the problem.

"We only care about you Kat," Cora said, "that's why we're doing this."

My heart stopped. Care? Did she say that they cared about me? Yeah right, the last thing they did was care about me.

"So you care about me now!" I said loudly, "you care about me when I'm hurt? You care about me when I can't get up physically? What about when I'm actually emotionally hurt, then nobody gives a fuck because I have a smile on my face, right?"

I felt my head beginning to spin, my heart pounding in my chest, and a very familiar feeling coming back to me; insanity.

"Well guess what? I don't need anyone's help. I'm better off alone, falling and falling all over again. At least it's better than someone who will help me up then let me fall!"

I breathed heavily, everyone's eyes on me. I felt a hand on mine and I turned to see Jack staring down at me, "Kat, I'm here, don't worry."

I pulled my hand back, "I don't need your pity."

"That's enough!" I heard Dad demand. "We're going home, now Cora, get her in the car, I'm going to go wait outside."

Dad stormed out of the room, annoyed with my behavior but I could care less. If he thought I was going to be okay with what he just did to Zayn, he was wrong.

------

VOTE, COMMENT, SPREAD THE WORD. ILY ALL.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
142K 2.7K 61
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
21.8K 580 14
"Wherever you go, I'll be with you. There's not a place on Earth where you can hide from me; I'll follow you beyond the afterlife if I have to." Dark...
98.8K 8.1K 35
WINNER OF THE FANFICTION AWARDS 2017. Ranked #1 out of 77.1k Zayn stories, April 26 2020. Ranked #1 out of 252k Poetry books, May 8 2020. ~¤~ "You kn...