The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
162 Candles
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

There Goes the Neighbourhood

2.8K 86 11
By slRose18qn

*This chapter was originally left out.

Hey guys,

I will apologise beforehand that it is a very short chapter because it was very rushed and wasn't particularly my favourite chapter.

Please enjoy and leave a comment after.

<3 <3 <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

It's been a few days since the fundraising and I haven't seen Damon since then, more like I've been avoiding him. That night Alaric tried to kill Damon but he got killed instead, however the strangest thing was Alaric coming back to life as human. We believe it's the ring Isobel gave him brought him back.

Yep, our lives just gets more mysterious by the day.

We were at school when Stefan told us how Damon's been dealing these days, and it was the same old answer. At this point I wasn't that worried about him like I use to because it was Damon's twisted way of depression.

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him he shuts me down." Stefan explained to us at Elena's locker.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" She asked in a snappy tone.

"I don't know. He waited a hundred and forty five years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean it's gotta hurt, right?" He said trying to be sympathetic for Damon. I rolled my eyes at it.

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." Elena snidely mocks him. She was still upset over the ordeal about Damon killing our birth mother.

"Let it go, Elena. He's not going to change." I look at her tirelessly at her attitude.

"You have every reason to be upset with him." Stefan told Elena and she nodded. He looked at both of us. "Have you guys thought any more about what you're going to do?" He asked.

"About what? Isobel, our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestor Katherine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah...I haven't thought about it at all." She said sarcastically.

Stefan smiled sheepishly at her. "I'm sorry I brought it up."

She sighed heavily. "It'd just be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother." She said being hopeful about it but I doubt that's going to happen for her.

Stefan look at her sideways with a grin. "No vampires at all?" He asked and she smirked. "No vampires but you."

They flirt with each other and I turn away to gag at them. "Ugh, now I'm getting sick."

They laughed at me and looked at each other affectionately again. "I just want to get us back to normal stuff like school and homework and here's a thought: fun." Elena suggested.

Stefan looked interested. "Ooh, that sounds good to me, when do we start?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at their lovey-dovey affair that I don't have. "Okay, while you guys think of some 'normal romantic' things to do I'm gonna head off to class." I said and walked away in huff to get to class.

~ ~ ~

Once school was over we were at our lockers getting ready to go home when Caroline came up to us with a terrible suggestion. Well, for me. "I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the grill maybe a late movie." She suggested to get Elena and Stefan interested.

"You mean like a double date?" Stefan asked shoving his books into his bag. "Two pair out on a Friday night coupled. Yeah a double date." She said brightly.

Elena wasn't sure about the idea because Caroline's date was her ex-boyfriend, Matt. And this whole idea of a double date was obviously Caroline testing both of them. She was obviously jealous of Elena's past relationship with Matt.

"Do you think that's a good idea?" Elena asked.

"Why not? We all haven't gone out together before and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us." Caroline said trying to convince her to go along with the idea. "Look the couple dynamics have changed and there's been a little awkwardness between you, Matt, and me and I just think it's important that we get over it."

Elena still wasn't all on board with it. "I don't know."

This was when Stefan decided to step in and came up next to her. "I think that sounds like a great idea." He said and Caroline perked up at his enthusiasm.

Elena furrow her brow at him. "You do?"

"Yeah. A nice evening out with friends. Sounds fun, as in "fun"." He phrased the 'fun' Elena suggested this morning to remind her the 'normal fun' idea. She smirked and finally agreed to the idea.

"A double date it is." She said and Caroline smiled even brighter.

I look at them dissatisfied. "Okay, hold up. You guys are going on a double date and leaving me out of the fun?" I stare at them.

"Well, we could have done a triple date if you and Tyler were still together." Caroline said sheepishly. I look at her appalled. "Well, couldn't you have suggested-- I don't know-- a friend's night out?"

She just shrugged like it wasn't her business. "Sorry."

I looked at Stefan and Elena, they just felt bad for me. I gritted my teeth but bit my tongue back. "You know what, I think this is great. No friends, no family to bother me the whole night. I'll find my entertainment else where." I told them and walked away.

"Laura..." Elena called out to me but I ignored her.

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

I walked into the grill to spend time for myself but it was a mistake because it was where the double date was happening which was a slammer. I was about to head over to the bar when I saw my Aunt Jenna, Kelly Donovan and Damon Salvatore getting wasted at the bar, a double slammer.

The night just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it. If Bonnie was here I wouldn't be so depressed right now she would be my date.

I walked over to a table of my own and ordered my dinner but I was getting mildly distracted at the two groups in the room. I really want a drink to drain my sorrows but I wasn't possible for me to get a pass from the manager to let me drink alcohol.

I was just momentarily distracted when I saw Damon staring at me from the bar and he had his famous smirk on. He raised his bottle of beer to me and I glared at him.

I turn away from him. I can't believe I'm in love with this jerk.

As time passed by the double dating pack left the bar and so it was just the adults still getting wasted at the bar. I was in real need of alcohol so I've been eyeing the bar most of the night.

I saw the bartender pouring out shots for Damon and the others so I thought I was my opportunity to steal it from them. When the bartender turned away to serve other customers I quickly ran up to Damon and grabbed his drink and drained it before he could say anything.

He smirked at me. "Laura, won't you join us?"

"As long as you're paying for it." I said and poured myself a scotch.

Jenna looked over the counter from the other side and glared when she saw me. "Laura, what are you doing here?"

"Moping. Everyone ditched me to go on a stupid double date because I don't have one." I said pouting and drained my glass.

"Aw, don't worry. I'll comfort you tonight." Damon grinned and grabbed my chin.

Jenna quickly came around and slapped his hand away and wrapped her arm around me protectively. "Ah-a! No way, Damon. Don't even think about making a move on my adorable niece. She's too good for you." Jenna said strictly.

"Oh, come on. I'm good for anybody." He said smirking at me.

"Eccch." I rolled my eyes.

Kelly seemed a little drunk and came in closer to Damon. "Hmm, I'd like to see for myself." She said trying to flirt with him. Damon turned to her and smirked.

I tried to get myself another drink when Jenna stopped me from taking another drink. "Oh, no. You're not drinking under my watch." She said and took the glass from me.

"Oh, come on. Just for tonight please." I pleaded her and gave her my puppy dog eyes and she sighed.

"Fine. But be discreet about it." She whispered harshly so the bartender doesn't hear. I smiled at her cheekily and grabbed another drink from the counter without the bartender looking.

I kept drinking another few rounds until things got really uncomfortable for me to keep watching Kelly making moves on Damon. The shameless thing was....he was enjoying it!

It was an unbelievable sight to see Kelly trying to hook up with some guy half her age. Correction-- Damon looks half her age. He's over a hundred years old so maybe it works for her.

Now I really understand how Matt feels, she was completely making a fool of herself.

I put down my last glass. "I think I'm done. Damon, you'll pay for this right." I said being unnecessarily jealous and quickly left for the bathroom.

After I was done in there I walked back out when I saw something I shouldn't have. Kelly and Damon were eating cherries... from each other's mouths! They were seriously flirting with each other shamelessly ignoring all the stares they were getting. Jenna noticed the heated tension between them building up and left.

I was staring at them and felt something churning inside of me. It was definitely jealousy. Just watching them made me angry. Damon glanced my way and smirked at me, I wavered at his gaze. He kept his eyes on me and took another cherry from Kelly's mouth.

He was doing it on purpose. I felt tears forming at the rim of my eyes and looked away. I didn't want to be there witness them take another step so I walked out of the grill.

~ ~ ~

I drove towards the Boarding House to steal some bourbon from Damon since he pissed me off earlier. He was probably still getting wasted at the grill with Matt's mom so I didn't have to worry about bumping into him here. Just seeing them flirt was making me sick to the stomach and vomit out any alcohol I consumed.

I parked my car in the driveway when I saw Elena's car and Matt's rusty old car here as well. "What rotten luck." I muttered to myself. I didn't think I would run into the double date here. This is the worst night ever.

Oh well. I'm already here anyway.

I walked up to the front door where everybody was, and it was expected, they were surprised to see me there. "Laura, what are you doing here?" Elena asked.

"Well, this is the only place I can get free drinks without getting arrested for under age drinking." I told them and she rolled her eyes at me. I held up my hands in defence. "I didn't think you guys were going to be here." I said.

"It's fine, you can join us." Matt said being generous.

I smiled brightly to him. 'Thanks, Matt."

Caroline wasn't so pleased to see me crashing her date and crossed her arms glaring at me. "Are you really just here for just a couple of drinks, or are you really here to crash the party?" She said accusingly.

Matt looked at her sternly shaking his head. "Caroline."

I stare at her with my brow raised."I have better things to do, Caroline. At least I don't go around pretending this is a normal double date when it's really to test boyfriend's reaction around his ex." I stated loudly which shut her right up.

Everyone else was just shocked at what I said.

I smiled deviously at them. "So, if you would excuse me..." I slipped past them to the front door. I could feel Caroline glaring daggers at me but I ignored her.

I walked right in and was about to go straight into the living room when I stopped in the middle of the foyer. I could hear moaning and raspy breaths echoing in the from hall. I turned to the dark and saw something disturbing.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing and dropped my jaw.

"Laura, what's going on?" Matt asked and came up next to me. He froze when he saw what I was seeing.

Hiding out in the dark was Matt's mom making out with Damon, she was kissing him and he had his hands all over her. I stood there horrified just as much as Matt was at his mom.

"Mom?!" Matt called out unbelievably at her.

"Damon?!" Caroline glared in surprise.

Kelly looked up and was horrified to see her son witnessing her making out with Damon. "Oh my god. Matt! Oh my god." She said looking ashamed and quickly got off of Damon.

Damon stood there looking rather annoyed that we ruined his fun and didn't look apologetic at all. He looked rather drunk when his eyes met mine.

Matt shook his head at Kelly being embarrassed for having someone like her as his mother. Kelly kept her head down avoiding our eyes in shame and walked out the door.

"I got to..." Matt struggled to gather his words at the embarrassment.

"It's fine, just go." Caroline said being understanding for him, he nodded and gave Stefan his keys and left with his mother.

Once they left we all turned to Damon in disappointment. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say or what to think. Caroline noticed how I was feeling and rubbed my back in comfort.

Damon looked at me a bit guilty but he quickly brushed it off as if it was nothing and poured himself another drink. "Look, I'm not going to apologise for what happened. We were having so much fun until you little kids showed up and ruined it." He said walking up to me.

I nod my head excepting his attitude. Fine, if he's going to be this way then...

"Well then, I'm not sorry you couldn't get Katherine back." I said and his face fell. I knew that if I brought Katherine up it would hit a nerve on him and he might lash out at me but I didn't care.

"I'm not sorry that she didn't care about your sorry ass and that you've wasted all your life for her for nothing!" I glared at him taking out my frustration and anger on him.

"Laura, stop." Stefan said.

Damon was glaring at me clearly furious that I was prickling at his sensitivity but I didn't want to stop. "It makes me so happy that you're miserable right now because that's how I felt about you and your lies."

His expression softened and he stared at me hurt by my words.

I glare at him through my tears. "Have a nice pathetic life, Damon." I walked out of the door without looking back at him.

Damon's POV

After everyone's minded their own business and left, I was stuck with Stefan lecturing me about my actions tonight and about Laura.

"Was that really necessary?" Stefan asked.

"Nothing's necessary, Stefan. I just do it because it's fun." I told him and drank my bourbon. He looked at me unimpressed. "So, making Laura angry is fun to you?"

It's not that I was my intention to make her angry, I just have to. If I don't make her hate me then she's never know when to give up. I'm not exactly a good person for her. She doesn't know this but I've long given up on Katherine ever since I knew she wasn't in the tomb.

When she asked me to stay I was so close to saying yes. After everything that I've done to hurt her I didn't think she would still want me to stay. But because of everything I've done I couldn't possibly stay with her. Not only that but her uncanny resemblance to Katherine. I was scared that if I stayed I was going to mistake her for that lying bitch and I don't want to hurt her again.

So I put a distance between us and do everything to make her hate me, it would make it easier for both of us that way. Every time she brings up Katherine to hurt me I know she's hurting inside too. I don't get hurt because she used Katherine to get to me, my heart only aches when I look at her eyes.

I won't tell her this but... every time I see her I don't see Katherine, the manipulative bitch who used me. I just see Laura, a lonely girl desperate for my love just for her. Ever since I've met her I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

Yes, from the start it was because she looked like Katherine but as I got to spend time with her, I knew she was different. I just knew I had to protect her.

I look back at my brother and shrugged it off. "Because it's cute to see her get angry." I smirked. I stubbornly feign ignorance and continue to act as though she doesn't mean anything to me.

Stefan scoffed and shake his head. "Damon, she's not just angry, she's hurt." He told me.

I know that.

I don't look at him and poured myself another drink. "Why can't you just admit that you like her?" He asked.

I was taken back at his statement and turn back to him. "What the hell are you blabbering on about?" I said.

He shrugged. "Isn't it obvious? You're starting to realise that Laura is not Katherine." He pointed out. "You didn't find her in the tomb so you have no reason to stay here but you still are. Which can only mean you're staying here because of Laura."

I stare at my brother stunned that he was able to read through my mind. I brush it off with a smirk. "Don't try to get into my thoughts, Stefan. I'm unpredictable." I told him.

I set the glass down and was about to go back to my room when someone broke through the window and attacked us. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.9K 2.5K 43
Emely Gilbert is no ordinary girl but she is also the sister of the famous Elena Gilbert, she loves her sister with all her heart, but she can annoy...
86.8K 1.7K 82
--Vampire Diaries Fanfiction-- We're all born and one day we all die. But the world isn't that simple. We all know the stories our parents told us be...
187K 4.9K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...
78.9K 2K 27
Kenzie Gilbert is dead. Gone is the mute, depressed teenage girl she was before she met Stefan Salvatore. Left behind was the young woman she became...