The Unveiling Truth [TVD FanF...

By slRose18qn

Laura Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, the sassy and sarcastic twin. The most popular girl in... More

Pilot
The Night of the Comet
Friday Night Bites
Family Ties
You're Undead to Me
Lost Girls
The Haunted
History Repeating
The Turning Point
Bloodlines
Unpleasantville
Children of the Damned
Fool Me Once
A Few Good Men
There Goes the Neighbourhood
Let the Right One In
Under Control
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
Season 2 - The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

162 Candles

4.6K 95 12
By slRose18qn

*This chapter was originally left out

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

The day after we witnessed Vicki die Sheriff Forbes called us in to question about her disappearance. Elena, Stefan and I had already discussed it with each other the story behind her disappearance to make sure it flows through when we're being asked. Matt and Jeremy will answer honestly from what they know.

We were called in one by one and the sheriff asked us the same questions; if we knew where she was going and what was her behaviour like before she disappeared.

Once we were done she let us go. Elena and I walked out together and we saw Stefan waiting for us outside the office. I figured Elena wanted to talk to Stefan alone so I went with Jenna and Jeremy.

"We'll meet you at the car." I told her and she nodded.

Elena couldn't keep up with this vampire facade anymore, and she especially couldn't deal with the fact her boyfriend was a vampire and his brother is also a vampire who hates him. So she's choosing to break up with him.

It's a real a pity because I know Stefan's a great guy and he's doing everything he can to gain her trust but things just aren't going smoothly for him. This all happened because Damon couldn't let go of their past with Katherine so now their relationship is at it's breaking point.

I was getting the feeling that life wasn't going to get any easier now that we know what Stefan and Damon are. There was problem a long road ahead of us and we have to deal with it even when we don't want to.

I sighed a long breath.

"What's wrong?" Jenna asked.

"Oh, nothing. It just felt weird being in there." I said.

~ ~ ~

When we got home Elena and I were sitting on the couch wallowing with each other just staring at the blank tv. Jenna came over and slump down between us.

"You girls are wallowing." She said.

We looked at her. "So are you." We said in union.

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped." She told us. "Yeah. Well, Logan's jerk." Elena said boredly.

"I told you he was no good." I said unintentionally rubbing it in. "I didn't even get a brush-off e-mail saying 'I'm leaving town. See ya'." She said upset.

"Wanna keep it down over there?" Jeremy called out from the dining table doing something. "Why? What are you doing?" Jenna turned back to him.

"Homework." He responded which surprised all of us.

"Since when do you do homework?" Elena said looking at him.

He looked really concentrated with his papers and was determined to finish it. "I gotta finish this. I'm way behind and I have a quiz tomorrow so..." He said.

We shared surprised glances at each other lowered our voice together. "What do you think? Alien?" Elena asked trying to be funny.

"Some sort of replicant." Jenna said.

Jeremy looked up. "He can hear you." He made a face.

"Oh, and he's got an attitude." I said and he glared at me. I laughed it off. "Need any help?" I asked him.

"Why would I ask help from you?" He looked at me.

"What's wrong with getting help from me?" I frowned.

"Have you seen your report card?" He said. I raise a brow at him. "At least it's better than yours." I retorted.

He scoffed and shake his head.

I turn back with a smirk.

~ ~ ~

I went up to my room and crawled in bed flicking through my twitter page on my phone when Elena came in and slumped herself over my bed.

"Do you mind?" I look at her.

"I need to talk to you." She said and I raise my brow.

"You want to talk to be about boy problems. I thought you said I had terrible taste so why are you coming to me?" I said.

She sat up. "You can't honestly still be upset about that." She said.

I sat up to face her. "I actually forgot about it until now, and yes, I'm still mad at you." She slumped her shoulders and sighed.

"I broke up with Stefan today." She told me which didn't surprise me at all. "I figured you would." I said with little interest.

"It's just that I thought he was different, I thought he could help me turn my life around. You know, after Mom and Dad died I wanted someone to make me feel more alive and special." She told me.

"And Stefan is treating you special." I told her.

"But this is far from what I expected. When I first saw him I felt gravity pulling me to him and I thought he was the one." She said going into a daze thinking about him.

I watch her and realised that she really loves him. "Do you love him?"

She looked at me trying to figure out her feelings. "...Yeah. I guess I do." She said.

"Then fix it." I told her.

"There's nothing you can't get through together. As far as I can see Stefan genuinely loves you. You wanted to know the truth about him and you did. He made the effort to explain everything to you. You're hurting him by throwing him away." I told her, practically scolding her for throwing a decent guy like Stefan away.

I find it unfair that Elena was blaming Stefan for everything that we've learnt when she was the one who insisted on learning more about him. Stefan didn't want this, he didn't want her to know but she kept pushing until he would tell her.

She listened to what I said in deep thought when there was a knock on my door. It was Bonnie.

"Hey." She said.

We smiled at her. "Hey, what brings you here?" I asked her.

She came over to my bed and squeezed herself on. "Sorry I've been MIA. What'd I miss?" She asked.

I looked at Elena to do the talking. "I'm just... I don't know what I should do!" She said throwing her face into the pillow.

Bonnie looked at me confused so I had to tell her. "They broke up." I told her.

She gave Elena a sad and sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" She asked and I looked at her.

Bonnie realised what she just asked. "Right. Stupid question. I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me most." She said.

Elena finally lift her head from the pillow. "You want to make it up to me. Get my mind off of it." She said and I rolled my eyes at her wailing.

"Just remember that you asked for it." Bonnie said.

She went to close the window I left opened because it was hot inside. She came back and took the pillow from Elena. She pulled off the covers and picked up the scissors I left on my dresser and cut open my pillow.

"Hey! That's my good pillow!" I exclaimed.

"Be patient." Bonnie said with excitement. I looked at Elena and she was also confused with what's going on.

"Okay."

Bonnie pulled out some of the feathers and spread them over my bed and hopped back on. "I need you guys to swear to secrecy." She said.

"It's kind of a bad week for that kind of stuff." Elena said.

"Swear 'cause I'm not supposed to be showing you this." Bonnie insisted.

Elena and I looked at each other before we agreed to keep whatever she's going to show us a secret. "Okay, we swear." I told her.

"There's no windows open, right?" She asked and we nodded.

"Right."

"There's no fan. No air conditioning." She said.

"None. What are you doing?" I asked. "Grams just showed me this. You're gonna love it." She said looking excited.

"You guys ready?" She looked at us rubbing her hands. I breathed in preparing for what she's about to show us.

Bonnie raised her hand and a feather floated into the air and my jaw dropped. How is she doing that?

"Bonnie what's going on?" Elena asked her.

Bonnie doesn't respond and used both hands, several more feathers start to float in the air at her calling.

"Oh my god." I breathed.

The feathers start to float around the room and I stare at them in amazement. A smile was spreading across my face as I reached out to touch them.

Elena was just as amazed as I was.

"It's true, you guys. Everything my Grams told me. It's impossible and it's true." She said and I looked at her.

"I'm a witch." She said.

"I believe you." I told her.

We hung out in my room still amazed that Bonnie's a witch. After finding out Stefan and Damon are vampires it didn't surprise me that much when Bonnie said she was a witch.

"It's weird huh? After all this time joking about being psychic. I really am a witch." Bonnie said.

"I never would have expected this." I told her still amazed.

"You guys don't think I'm a freak now, do you?" She asked worried about our judgement of her.

"No, of course not." I said.

"Bonne I just... don't understand though. If your Grams asked you to keep it all a secret, why did you tell us?" Elena asked.

"You guys are my best friends. I can't keep secrets from you." She said honestly.

What she said made us nervous because we were both keeping a secret from her but we can't tell anyone not even her. It was worrying.

~ ~ ~ Nightfall ~ ~ ~

After Bonnie left I kicked Elena out of my room because it was my personal space. I got a call from Caroline saying she was throwing a party at the grill which was odd because I don't remember today being anything special.

Elena went to Stefan's to start things over with him but she came back looking upset. Apparently she met this girl in a towel at his place. I smirked in amusement at the fact she was being jealous.

Well that what happens when you throw away a hot chunky guy like Stefan.

I thought nothing could free me from this boredom so I figured I should just go this party Caroline threw so I went to get ready.

By the time I was finished I heard Stefan downstairs and he was talking to Elena. He asked if she was going to the grill tonight but she didn't want to go.

He was hoping she would go if she knew it was his birthday today. It came to me by surprise that it was his birthday, and there just so happens to be a party tonight. It could be a coincidence.

I came downstairs with my heels clicking grabbing their attention. "Well if she's not going, Stefan, can I go with you? If you don't mind." I said.

"Of course not." He smiled.

I smiled. "Happy Birthday." I hugged him.

"Thanks."

I pulled away and slipped my arm through his and turned to my sister. "Mind if you borrow your... ex?" I asked not sure if they made up yet.

Elena looked at Stefan for a while before she answered. "...Sure." She said.

She looked like she was struggling there. I guess she doesn't like it when other girls touches him. I smirked at her thinking I should use this chance to tease her a little.

"Come on, Stefan. We're going to be late." I said and dragged him out the door.

He drove me down to the grill and explained to me the girl in the towel was his best friend, Lexi who's also a vampire and over 300 years old. She was the one helped him through his dark ages of being a vampire.

"Don't mind Elena. She's always one to jump to conclusion." I told him.

"And you're always one to jump into a cat fight." He made a remark about me and I scoff at him. "If people don't piss me off I wouldn't have to attack them." I said and he let out a laugh.

"I'm assuming Elena's no.1 on that list." He said.

"Yep."

He glanced over to me. "You know she's just trying to look out for you right?" He said.

"I've heard that before." I sighed and looked at him.

"Look, I know every annoying thing she does is because she wants to protect us. She thinks it's because she's the oldest she should be responsible for us. But... who's responsible for her if she does anything stupid." I told him.

"She's never lived her life before and she's always playing by the rules. I think meeting you could change that about her." I told him and he looked at me.

"You really think there's a chance for us to get through this together?" He asked hopefully.

I shrugged at his question. "You've got to try and prove it's worth it." I told him.

"Giving up before you even start just means that you guys aren't good enough for each other." I said bluntly.

Stefan took in what I said quietly and was deep thought driving in silence until we reached the grill. We walked in and the place was packed with people, loud music was playing and people were dancing.

Stefan saw Matt and went up to him in attempt to explain to him about Vicki. "Matt."

He stopped but wasn't pleased to see Stefan. "Just hear me out please. I was just trying to help Vicki. I went through something similar once, I'm really sorry." He said hoping that Matt would understand.

But Matt's expression remained the same. "Don't be. It's not the first time she's run off." He said looking bitter. "Turns out Vicki's just like our mother; I can't count on either of them." He said and I felt bad for him.

Matt's dad was out of the picture for a long time and his mother left him and Vicki from time to time because she wasn't happy with the life she was leading here. Matt was left to be responsible and care for his sister who didn't care about herself.

"Thanks for trying." He said and walked away.

I looked at Stefan with a sad look.

Stefan and I walked up to the bar when a blonde haired woman came up to us with a bright smile. "You finally came, what took you so long?" She said and hugged him.

She must be Lexi. The girl in the towel.

She turned to me. "Hey, look I'm sorry about this morning. It was a whole misunderstanding." She told me.

I was confused for a second when I realised she mistook me for Elena. "Oh, no. You're mistaking me for my sister Elena. I'm Laura." I told her.

She looked at me clueless. "Wait. You're twins?" She asked and I nodded.

She looked at Stefan. "There's two of them?" She exclaimed and I was confused by her reaction. Stefan just didn't say anything and tried to change the topic.

"Who wants a drink?" He asked and moved to the bar.

~ ~ ~

Lexi dragged Stefan out to dance but it was just her dancing and Stefan just looked awkward. So they moved over to the pool table. I ordered a drink to pass the time when I heard a voice behind me.

"Stefan smiles. Alert the media."

I turned around and saw Damon. I rolled my eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"It's my brother's birthday. I'm here for his party. I put a lot of effort to make this happen." He said coming around to sit next to me.

I looked at him with a frown. "You had Caroline throw this for you." I realised putting the pieces together. "Well, if I threw it no one would show up now would they?" He said.

"You're right. No one would because they're not a fan of you." I said cynically.

He smirked at me. "I have to disagree because I'm everyone's desire." He said being full of himself and I rolled my eyes at him.

I watched Stefan by the pool table and saw how happy he was having fun. It was the first time I've seen him smile like that. He must be truly having fun with someone he's comfortable with.

I glared at Damon. "I'm warning you, don't do anything stupid on his birthday."

"Oh, yes. Poor Stefan persecuted throughout eternity by his depraved brother, does it get tiring being so righteous?" He said with little feeling.

"It flares up in the presence of psychopaths." I said with a bitter smile and walk away from him.

"Ouch! Well, consider this psychopath's feelings get hurt." He said.

I stop walking and turn back to him. "You don't have feelings, and what did you do to Jeremy?" I asked him.

Something has been a little different about him. He's staying out of trouble lately which was good but worrying in the change of behaviour.

"I'm gonna need a less vague question." He said.

"How exactly does your compulsion work? He's acting different now. He seems okay with everything, a little too okay. I mean he's studying, he's not doing drugs and he's not drinking." I told him.

"What did you do?" I asked him.

He came up closer and looked me in the eye. "I took away the suffering. With no pain or the memory of Vicki's death there's nothing for him to suffer about." He told me.

I try to read him of his intention but it was as I expected. He wasn't easy to get through.

~ ~ ~

Elena suddenly decided to show up and was hanging out with Lexi so I went over to join them. "Hey, mind if I join?" I asked and set down my drink on the table.

I stood next to Elena and Lexi took the time to look at us. "Wow. If you didn't show up I wouldn't believe it. You two really do look alike." She said.

"Well, we are twins." I told her.

"Right." She hand me a tequila and I gladly accept it because I couldn't get a pass from any of the bartenders.

"I've never seen Stefan drunk. He always seem so..." Elena said.

"Uptight?" Lexi finished for her.

"Yeah, but not with you." She said sounding jealous. "Well that's the benefit for knowing someone for over a hundred years. You can just be yourself." She said.

"Yeah, he can't be himself with me." She said upset.

I look at her. "You only just dated the guy. You didn't give him enough time to be comfortable with you before you broke up with him." I told her.

"He can't be comfortable with you yet." Lexi told her. "The first step was him telling you. The rest comes with time."

"You seem so sure." I said.

Lexi set down her drink and looked at Elena."The love of my life was human. He went through, what I imagine you're going through; denial, anger, et cetera. But at the end of the day love really did conquer all." Lexi shared with us.

She notice Elena hasn't touched her tequila and asked for it. "Are you going to drink that?" Elena didn't want it so she gave it to her. "Go for it. "

Lexi didn't hesitate and drained it quickly.

"I'm scared." Elena said not sure of how she should handle this.

"But you're here...'cause you're crazy about him, I get it okay? I mean what's not to love." She said and looked at Stefan who was by the pool table by himself.

She turned back to us. "Listen take it from someone who's been around a long time. When it's real, you can't walk away." She advised and drank the last tequila before she walked away.

"Hey Lexi. It was really nice meeting you." Elena said to her.

She just smiled pleasantly before walking away over to Stefan. I have to say I kinda like her. "Wow. Girl's got spunk. I like her." I said.

"See, stop jumping to conclusions. It creates a misunderstanding." I scold my sister.

Elena was protesting. "What would you do if you saw a girl in towel at your boyfriend's house?" She asked.

"I would have ripped out her perfect good blonde hair." I told her with a straight face and she laughed.

I smirked and drank my glass. I thought about what Lexi said. 'When it's real, you can't walk away.'

When I first met Damon I felt something luring me to him, my mind kept telling me he's dangerous and I should walk away. But there was just something about him that I couldn't ignore.

I look over at Damon who was by the bar drinking away by himself. Damon turned around and our eyes met. I quickly looked away and fidget with my drink.

~ ~ ~

Elena and Stefan were spending time together at the table and I was dancing out on the dance floor with random people all circling me when Sheriff Forbes and two cops came in.

I stopped dancing a little and looked at them curiously. They're not here to bust us are they?

I watched them head straight over to Damon and Lexi by the bar. Sheriff Forbes injected Lexi with vervain and she collapsed. Then the two cops dragged her out of the bar.

That's when I knew something was wrong. "Oh my god." I said and moved from the dance floor.

Stefan noticed something too and took action. Elena was the only one still clueless. I went after the Stefan to the exit when the cops standing at the door blocked us from leaving.

He shook his head. "Can't go out this way." He said.

"Stefan, what's happening?" I asked.

But he doesn't answer me and turned around heading to the back door. Elena and I just followed him. We went around the back and heard gunshots firing and moved faster.

When we got to the corner we saw Lexi trying to attack Sheriff Forbes when Damon appeared out of nowhere and staked her.

Elena was shocked and Stefan covered her mouth and pulled her out of sight. I gasped and held my breath when I saw Damon kill her.

Damon. What are you doing?

I was more worried about Stefan and looked at him. He was hurt and betrayed watching his brother killed his best friend. I just knew he wasn't going to let Damon get away with it.

He's going to kill Damon. I was sure of it.

We watched Damon and the sheriff take Lexi's body away.

~ ~ ~

When the authorities cleared the scene everyone was allowed to leave the bar and Stefan was already out the door.

Stefan was angry and vengeful. He was more than angry. He was furious. He was devastated. His best friend was killed in front of him and there was no way he could forgive his brother for it.

Elena and I were chasing after him hoping to calm him down but it was useless. He wouldn't stop.

"Stefan. Stefan!" Elena grabbed him but he pulled away from her.

"He killed her." Stefan said.

"He killed Zach, he killed Tanner, he turned Vicki...and Laura! He bit you, Laura! I have to kill him." He said with rage.

I stopped him from going to murder his brother. "No, Stefan, you can't do that!" I told him.

"Why are you trying to save him, Laura? He bit you!" Stefan pointed at my neck. "He's never going to change don't you see that!" He said and tried to walk away.

"I'm not trying to save him, Stefan, I'm trying to save yours, you have no idea how this will make you feel if you kill him. Please Stefan!" I look at him and got in his way.

"Everywhere I go, death follows. Damon follows me. No more." He shook his head.

His eyes showed pain and I froze at his sadness. He walked past me. "Stefan. Please. Please." Elena tried to stop him after I failed.

"Just talk to me, let me be here for you. Talk to me." She said softly but he shook his head.

"No. You were right to stay away from me." He said and left. Elena and I stayed behind and watched him leave.

That whole night I couldn't sleep because of the fear I had Stefan killing Damon for what he did to Lexi. I didn't want him to kill Damon for two reasons; even if he did kill his brother he wasn't going to feel any better, and because... I didn't want Damon to die. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 6.1K 65
I could hear her heart race and her breath get heavy. When she looked up at me, I saw tears run down her red cheeks. She flipped over onto her back a...
23.6K 271 24
Evangeline Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's little sister and Jeremy Gilbert's twin. She's genius, beautiful, kind but also bad-ass. When the Gilbert's paren...
212K 5K 51
[Second Book to The Unveiling Truth] For two months she was taken by the devil, she misses her home, her family, her friends. But mostly she misses h...
91.4K 2.4K 49
What happens when Leah Gilbert returns to her town a little over a year after the death of her parents. Everything has been turned upside down. Vampi...