When the Right One Comes (Les...

By darksideofme17

Destiny Fukui is forced to return to her hometown for her mother's wedding. Can a wedding change the lives of... More

Chapter 1: California
Chapter 2: Preparing for Dinner
Chapter 3: Kate Pierce
Chapter 4: Sun, Waves and Bikini Bods
Chapter 5: Mother-Daughter Bonding
Chapter 6: Bowling
Chapter 7: Charity
Chapter 8: Samantha Baltimore
Chapter 9: Accidental Kiss
Chapter 10: Truth
Chapter 11: Fixing Things
Chapter 12: Jealousy Leaves a Bitter Taste
Chapter 13: Confused Heart
Chapter 14: Confession
Chapter 15: Complications
Chapter 16: Decisions are Made
Character Profiles
Chapter 17: The Pieces Have Fallen
Chapter 18: A Night Before Everything Changes
Chapter 19: Dinner Rehearsal
Chapter 20: Weddings and Choices
Chapter 21: A Sweet Goodbye and A Beautiful Beginning
Epilogue
Half of the Ornaments are Red (DestinyxSam ONE SHOT)
A Tale of Christmas Dinner (DestinyxSam Oneshot)
Trivia
Take It Off, She Said
Until We're Gray and Old Part 1

Until We're Gray and Old Part 2

7.7K 243 55
By darksideofme17

Soft kisses peppering across Sam's shoulders wakes her up from her wonderful dream and she can't even be mad at the person responsible for it. She turns around to be greeted by soft lips pressing softly on her own making her lean forward to get more pressure but the chuckle that makes its way to her ears makes her eyes flutter open and she's greeted by blue eyes filled with mirth.

"Good morning." Destiny whispers before kissing her gently once again, she smiles into the kiss the feeling of satisfaction and contentment coursing through her.

"A very good morning indeed." She replies getting another lighthearted chuckle from her wife. Clearly she's still over the moon at the knowledge that the breathtaking woman beside her is now her wife. "Is this real?" She asks.

"It is." Destiny answers taking her left hand and kissing it. The gold band on her finger tells her this is real and they're on their honeymoon. "You're stuck with me for all eternity." Destiny smirks.

"Mmm. It doesn't seem like such a daunting thing." Sam tells her scanning all over the brunette's face, noticing the sunlight creating a halo effect behind Destiny's head.

"We should go get breakfast or are you too tired from last night's activities?" Destiny grins, remembering what they have done last night.

"Mmm remind me what we did last night." Sam pulls her on top letting the sheets slide down their bodies. 

Destiny shakes her head but a smile still present on her face as she leans in to passionately kiss her wife. Before they can relive last night's activities, a grumble echoes around the room making them break their kiss to laugh. 

Sam blushes as Destiny laughs falling to the side. "Breakfast sounds perfect right about now." She mutters getting a harder laugh from the brunette.

Flashback

Sam watches as Ella chillingly looks at their joined hands before green eyes lock with hers. She is certain her hands are sweaty as her heart pounded against her chest but Destiny doesn't seem to mind, in fact she feels a squeeze as a sign of comfort.

"What is this about? I have a meeting to attend to." Ella states coldly already guessing what this visit is about.

"Mom, Destiny and I have some news." Sam starts, her voice shaking as she still fears her mother's reaction.

"Hurry up." The older woman responds.

"Destiny has asked me to marry her." The younger woman starts flinching slightly at the glare her mom is giving. "And I said yes." She finishes gripping the hand on her own tighter. She can see the jaw tightening, see the clenching of hands and the angry fire in her mother's eyes.

"Get out of my house." Ella hiss lowly standing up and glares at the two women. "Do not expect me to attend this wedding of yours." She turns away and Sam's heart still breaks despite knowing fully how her mom will react to such news. "Now get out." Sam knows this was her mom's way of ending the subject, she tugs at the hand standing up and leading Destiny out of the house. She wills herself not to cry but as soon as the car doors are slammed close, she breaks down. Destiny pulls Sam to her and rubs her back in comfort.

"I'm sorry." Destiny whispers. "Everything will get better love." She adds kissing the top of the woman's head.

"I just can't understand." Sam hiccups. "Why can't she just accept me, us? She's my mom." She finishes wiping her tears. "I should have known better." Sam shakes her head in disbelief.

"We can't force her to change her beliefs. All we can do is wait for her to come around." Destiny answers.

"And if she never comes around?" Sam doesn't mean to sound harsh but it comes off that way.

"I'll make it better okay?" Destiny vaguely reassures her turning the engine on. Sam doesn't bother responding as she looks out the window.

When they do get home Sam directly goes to their room with Destiny silently following her. The brunette watches her love fall to the bed and listens to her quiet cries against their pillows. She walks to the bed, sits at the edge and runs her hand across those red tresses. 

Sam is aware Destiny is giving her best to comfort her but the hurt, the disappointment and the anger towards her mother makes her put her walls up, shutting Destiny out. It takes a few minutes before Sam falls asleep with Destiny stroking her hair, it was inevitable. 

Once Destiny is sure her angel is deep in sleep, she slowly exits their room and walk to the living room, sending her mom a message. She sits at the dining table waiting for her mom to get there, deep in her thoughts she missed her mother's arrival.

"Hey baby." Clarice greets softly seeing that Destiny was in such deep thoughts. "How did it go with Ella?" She asks taking a seat.

"Hi mom." Destiny stands and hugs her mom before sitting back down. "As expected. Ella won't be joining us any time soon." She states sighing.

"She'll come around honey." Clarice knows that's a long shot. She has known Ella long enough to really understand the woman can be rigid in her beliefs. "How is Sam?" She inquires.

"Heartbroken. Despite knowing Ella's reaction, she was hoping that she'll have her mom at her wedding." Destiny explains. "How can I make this better for Sam mom? I want to give Sam everything she needs, everything she wants. I just want her happy." She confesses and Clarice smiles taking hold of her hand.

"Well you can make her happy in other things but we can't bend this one to our will." Clarice says sadly. "The most important thing is for you to be there and always be there for Sam." She adds getting a nod from her daughter.

End of Flashback

Sam snaps out of her thoughts when Destiny sits down on the other side of the table, her plate filled with breakfast. She smiles at the huge amount of food on the plate before turning her attention back to the child and her mom. 

Destiny notices this and reaches out her hand to give Sam's hand a gentle squeeze. When the other woman looks back at her, she gives her a smile and getting a sad one back.

"I haven't talked to her ever since we announced the engagement." Sam muses sadly. It has been 5 months and her mom did not bother to contact her. The only time they ever talk is at work but the older Baltimore treats it as an employer-employee instead of a mother-daughter.

"Hey. Come on. It's our honeymoon." Destiny tries to cheer her better half up to no avail. Despite the smile the woman is giving her, she can see the sorrow in those blue-gray eyes she loves so much.

"You're right. I shouldn't be sad. It's our honeymoon. I'm sorry." Sam smiles but it never reaches her eyes. "Let's eat." She announces digging into her plate while Destiny stares at her before eating her own breakfast. 

They finish their breakfast an hour later, Sam wondering what they would be doing for the day since they will be having dinner at Aroma Avlis.

"Hey babe. Do you wanna explore the place or go back to our room to rest up some more?" Destiny asks, holding Sam's hand as they walk around the hotel.

"Anything you wanna do baby." Sam answers, stops in her tracks before being lifted by her wife.

"In that case, I would very much like to cuddle with my wife." Destiny grins at the blush that's covering Sam's cheek. Before she can respond, Destiny is running across the lobby getting some stares from the other hotel guests. They laugh all the way back to their room and Sam squirms against the arms that are holding her.

"Put me down." She chuckles as Destiny fishes the key and opens the door. Sam's back hits the bed with Destiny positioning on top of her. "You're crazy." She states through a chuckle.

"Mmm just one of my charms." Destiny grins and Sam can't help but smile at her. "You love me because I'm crazy."

"Sure I do." Sam replies wrapping her arms around strong shoulders. Despite her mom's absence in her life, she's very blessed to have such a wonderful woman to share her life with. "You promised me cuddles and I want my wifey's cuddles right now." She says getting a laugh before Destiny positions herself beside her, opening her arms for Sam to snuggle into.

Destiny stirs awake, careful not to wake up the sleeping woman beside her as she extracts herself and slowly walk out to the balcony. She sighs at the scenery before her, the sun setting in the horizon creating an orange, red, pink hues in the sky. She takes it in, treasuring the beauty of nature as she watches the last rays of the sun disappear letting the stars come out.

"Hey." The voice behind her makes her smile, she turns around to find Sam in an oversize shirt, hair a mess and sleep still present on her face. "What are you doing out here?" Sam asks stepping out to the balcony.

"I was just looking at the sunset." Destiny opens her arms for her girl who happily settles in them. "I didn't wanna disturb you. You were so peaceful sleeping." She whispers against red locks. Sam doesn't answer but snuggles closer as she watches the stars and the city below.

"What time is our reservation?" Sam questions after a minute of silence.

"7. We probably should get ready." Destiny answers not bothering to move out of the embrace.

"We should." Sam echoes forcing herself to move, bringing her girl with her back into their room. "How about we shower together to save time and water?" Sam suggest as they both get into the bathroom, Destiny's laugh echoing around the room.

Flashback

Clarice walks into the studio, her strides determined and her blue eyes hardened as she sees the woman she has been wanting to talk to. Everyone in the room sees her before she meets green eyes, a smile plastered on thin lips before it falls seeing the look in Clarice's eyes. One look from Ella, everyone in the room leaves sensing something private is about to be discussed.

"Clarice. To what do I owe this visit?" Ella asks politely.

"Hello Ella. I'm pretty sure you have an idea as to why I'm here." Clarice replies, voice calm and collected. "Destiny told me." She adds.

"I'm sure she did." Ella responds coldly. "You know this is wrong Clarice. I'm not sure why you're supporting this, supporting them." The venom in Ella's voice is enough for Clarice to snap at but she maintains her composure. "You're doing this because you feel guilty for not being there while your daughter was growing up." Ella finishes and Clarice know she's pushing her buttons.

"Yes maybe I have regrets for not being there for Destiny as she grew up but I love her and I will support her in everything because that's what mothers do." She replies calmly. "Destiny is happy with Sam and Sam is happy with Destiny. No one should stand in the way of love."

"I don't want Sam to suffer the same fate as I did and as your late ex-husband did." Ella says and she can see Clarice's jaw clenching. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree after all." She adds to put more fuel into the anger.

"That's crossing the line Ella and you know it." Clarice fumes, her eyes hardens as she looks at the other woman. "I know you don't support Sam and Destiny but I will not let you insult my daughter. She is her own person and if you're just willing to open your eyes to see how much they love each other, you would attend your daughter's wedding and be happy for her." Clarice states, turning on her heels and leaving Ella to ponder on her words.

End of Flashback

A moan echoes through the room as one hand clenches on the sheets while the other tangles on brown hair, back arching at the pleasure coursing through Sam's body, specifically between her legs. A swear, a pant and a shout of Destiny's name rings out before she slumps back down the bed, definitely satiated. Light kisses are planted on her thighs, slowly creeping up her stomach, reaching her neck and finally her lips. She can feel the upward curve of those lips as she kisses them roughly. She tries to pin her wife down the bed to repay her for the satisfaction she has received but she hears a chuckle and she's holding still.

"I'm not done with you yet." A breathy whisper against her ear and a hand slowly descending down her stomach, stopping against her wet center. Destiny teases her folds, running it along the length but avoiding her bundle of nerves.

"Baby..please. Don't tease." Sam groans bucking her hips up to get her wife and taking hold of the wrist to direct her to where she wants her.

"Tsk. Such an impatient woman you are." Destiny teases before rubbing her finger against Sam's clit. It should have been enough but it wasn't and Sam glares at her wife.

"More baby. Please." She commands, one hand traveling down taut stomach and reaching wet folds. "I want us to come together." She starts rubbing Destiny's bundle of nerve. The other woman can't help but moan loudly at the pleasure. "Inside please!" She shouts and Destiny happily enters her with two fingers.

"Fuck." Destiny lets out, she can barely focus with Sam's finger rubbing her right.

"Faster Des." Sam rasps out. She can feel her orgasm approaching fast and doubles her effort to make her wife climax with her. "I'm coming." She moans. 

Destiny feels her walls clenching around her fingers and she too can feel herself about to come.

"Come for me love." Destiny whispers. Sam's body locks, the loudest moan ringing throughout the room as she reaches her high, Destiny following right behind her. She pulls her fingers out and lies next to her equally satisfied wife. "Now we're done." She adds getting a chuckle from Sam.

"Good because I'm so tired." Sam throws her arm and leg over Destiny, resting her head on the woman's chest. Destiny absentmindedly run her fingers up and down Sam's arm and feeling her breathing even out telling her Sam is asleep. She kisses the redhead's temple before falling into deep sleep herself.

Sam wakes up to find herself wrapped around Destiny. She smiles at the peaceful look on her girl's face making her wish she had her phone closer so she can take a picture. She looks at the clock to see it was still too early for her to be awake but she's not feeling drowsy. This will be the last leg of their honeymoon and it has been nothing short of amazing. 

Currently on a cruise ship touring around Asia, Sam could not feel more fortunate in her life. She looks back at the woman beside her whose grip tightens around her waist to pull her closer to her front. She lightly chuckles at the unconscious display. Ever since her and Destiny started dating, she found out that the brunette was a huge cuddle monster which she would deny vehemently when brought up. She's given another 5 minutes before Destiny stirs awake and she meets blue eyes.

"How long have you been up?" Destiny asks not bothering to untangle her arms around her wife.

"Not that long." She turns to her side to be face to face with Destiny, wrapping an arm around the woman.

"Were you staring at me again? I'm just gonna tell you this, that's very creepy." Destiny teases getting an eye roll.

"Mmm. I was just confirming what a cuddle monster you are." Sam bites back knowing it would push some buttons. "You can deny it all you want but I have evidence that will prove it." She smirks at seeing the look Destiny is giving her.

"Okay okay. I'm a cuddle monster." Destiny gives up, snuggling closer to Sam making the other woman laugh. "There's no use denying it since you are my wife after all." She adds getting a hum as a response. "We should make the most out of our honeymoon before we go back and get bombarded with questions from everyone." She states after a minute of silence. 

Sam thinks about it and agrees. They are scheduled to fly back home Sunday night and they're sure everyone will ask them how it was.

"What do you have in mind?" Sam questions, feels Destiny untangling herself to stand up on the side of the bed.

"Come with me if you want to have fun." Destiny extends her hand with a goofy grin making Sam shake her head but takes it anyway.

"You're such a dork." Sam claims only to get a grin and a nod in response.

Flashback

Destiny knew that preparing for a wedding will pose some challenges but she did not expect it will pose some problems with her own fiancée. She had learned that saying yes to everything Sam decides is not a good idea as Sam have pointedly told her that she needs her input as well. So now she has been evicted to sleep on the couch after she failed to give her input on the music to use and just nodded along with everything Sam has suggested. 

Destiny sighs trying to get comfortable on the couch, turning and tossing before looking at their bedroom door. This is ridiculous, she thinks to herself standing up and walking to the door. Just open the door and stand your ground if she tries to kick you out, with that in mind she turns the knob and enters the bedroom. Sam is sitting on the bed before her eyes meet Destiny's. One quirk of a perfectly sculpted eyebrow makes Destiny rethink her decision but she will stand her ground.

"I know you're angry but I am not sleeping on the couch." Destiny states holding her breath as Sam looks at her. "You can't punish me for agreeing to everything you want for the wedding. I want it to be perfect for you and I know everything you decide on will be perfect." She adds still rooted on her spot near the door.

"That's the thing Des. It's not just my wedding. It's our wedding." Sam sighs leaning her head on the headboard. "I want it to represent both of us, not just me." 

Destiny looks at her feet, sighing herself. "I'm sorry." She murmurs loud enough for Sam to hear who looks at her. "I know I'm not a huge help with preparations. I just thought you'd want to handle everything which is selfish of me." She meets her girl's eyes. "I promise to help out more because you're right. It is our wedding." She smiles shyly making Sam's anger at her dissipate.

"You know I can never stay mad at you when you smile like that." Sam tells her patting the bed telling the woman to get in. Destiny smiles brightly, walking to the bed and jumping right in.

"I know. You can never resist me." Destiny gloats opening her arms for Sam who snuggles right away.

"Don't push it." Sam mutters resting her head on her chest. A low chuckle rumbles out of Destiny as they get comfortable for the night. They had a long day ahead tomorrow and they need all the rest they can get.

The day's agenda was cake tasting and as Destiny promised, she's listening diligently as the woman drones on and on about the components of one cake after another. 

Sam takes pity on her girl and tells the woman they'd like to start tasting the different cakes.

"You okay there baby?" Sam asks as she tries the vanilla cake while Destiny tries the dark chocolate one.

"I can't believe cake tasting takes a lot of talking and not a lot of eating." Destiny answers taking a bite of her cake. Sam chuckles taking a bite off her own cake before drinking water. They finish tasting all 9 cake samples before deciding on the red velvet with chocolate ganache filling and frosting.

"Excellent choice." The woman gives them a polite smile as Sam gives her some of the things she wants to have on the cake. Destiny keeps their hands laced, listening to her fiancée talk before being led to the front door of the store. 

Sam mentally checks off cake tasting on her list while Destiny contentedly watches her. The redhead noticed eyes on her making her turn to see a smiling woman. Destiny has made good of her promise to help out and Sam thinks she deserves a reward.

"What do you say after picking the wine, we go home and have some time to ourselves?" Sam suggests as they start walking to the wine store.

"Are you sure? We still need to pick the music." Destiny answers thinking back to the list of things they still need to do before the wedding.

"We can do that tomorrow." The other woman replies as they reach the store. "Besides Kate and Amanda can handle some of the things on the list. They are our maids of honor after all." She adds as they are greeted by a man this time.

"Okay then. Let's finish this so I can ravage you." Destiny whispers getting a shiver from Sam who tries to listen on the man describing the best wine to use for such occasion.

End of Flashback

Sam looks out the window to see the city of Los Angeles as the plane starts its descent towards the runway. They have reached the end of their honeymoon and are ready to just be home. They are not looking forward to going back to work though but they have been gone long enough. The captain announces they will be touching down in 15 minutes and everything should be back to it's proper position. Sam looks at her sleeping wife, slowly shaking her up until her eyes open with confusion.

"We're about to land." Sam informs Destiny who shakes the sleep out of her system before putting her seat back to its upright position. "How was your sleep?" She asks trying to not laugh at the yawn Destiny is trying to suppress.

"Good. I can't wait to be home though so I can sleep properly." Destiny answers with a smile directed towards Sam. "And we can have some cuddle time." She adds.

"As much as I'm looking forward to just sleeping and cuddling baby, we promised your mom and aunt Ellie that we're gonna have dinner with them as soon as we get back." Sam sighs, already regretting the moment she agreed to dinner. She knew that she and Destiny will be tired from their long flight from Asia to L.A. but she didn't have the heart to say no to the ladies who supported them every step of the way. Destiny groans and Sam swears she almost cries but sighs in defeat, realizing there's no backing down from the agreement. 

The plane lands safely and as soon as they are allowed to move, Destiny takes Sam's hand and guides them out of the plane. The two women wait for their suitcases to come into the carousel before hauling them out and they make their way out of the airport. It doesn't take them long to find their family, who are holding signs and waving at them like they haven't seen them for years when in fact they only have been gone for three weeks and three days. Clarice and Ellie walk to them and pulls the two women into a hug. They are soon joined by the other members of the family. Destiny can't help but be glad she's home and when she turns to look at her wife, she knows that Sam shares the same sentiment.

It has been two weeks since they have been home and they have easily got back into their normal lives. Destiny hears the front door slam close and knows that Sam has had a bad day at work. She turns off the stove, filling a glass wine with their favorite wine before walking to the living room in time to see Sam plopping down the couch and letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Hey babe. Bad day at work?" Destiny asks taking a seat beside the woman. She gives her the wine glass which the redhead smiles gratefully.

"My mom has been screwing me." Sam explain as she takes a large gulp of the wine.

"I didn't know you were into that thing Sam." Destiny tries to joke only to get a glare from the woman. "All kidding aside, what did she do this time?" Ever since they got back from their honeymoon, Sam has always come home from work in a bad mood and every time she does the reason was her mom.

"Aside from making my life at work hell, she's managed to take a jab at me every single time. I swear her mission in life is to give me hell in the field that I actually enjoy." Sam growls taking another large gulp of her wine. "Why can't she be happy for us?" It was a rhetorical question and Destiny knows it.

"She'll come around." Destiny replies, rubbing Sam's arm in comfort.

"I highly doubt that." Sam retorts with an angry huff of breath.

"Come on. I made you your favorite." Destiny stands up, holds out her hand for Sam to take before leading them to the dining room. "I got the perfect plan to get your mind off your bad day." Destiny smiles and Sam can't help but smile back. She is pretty lucky to have Destiny in her life.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" Sam inquires playfully as they walk to the dining room.

"You'll see. First, we'll eat." Destiny grins at her, turning around as they reach the dining room. 

When they're done with dinner, Destiny tells Sam to take a bath as she washes the dishes. Sam reluctantly obliges, not wanting to give her wife the chore of cleaning when she did the cooking. Once Sam disappears Destiny starts cleaning up, she gives Sherlock his food petting him before going to the living room. She makes takes out her special gift for her wife hidden behind the T.V. and makes her way to their bedroom. She knows Sam takes a longer baths when she's had a bad day and starts preparing her surprise for the woman. Destiny starts with their bed, making sure it's neat and tidy with enough pillows then goes to their vanity cabinet taking out the lotion and setting it down the night stand. 

Once she's happy with everything she puts her gift down the center of the bed for Sam to see before going to her laptop to quickly check some emails as she waits for her better half to be finish. 

After 25 minutes, the bathroom door opens as Sam steps out wrapped up in her robe. She stops when she notices the box at the center of the bed, the lotion on the nightstand and her wife sitting in front of the laptop. Sam walks to the other woman knowing full well she has earphones on and wraps her arms around her neck making Destiny jump before relaxing into her. 

Destiny takes out her earphones to turn to Sam with a smile, wrapping her arms around her hips.

"Hi beautiful." Destiny greets resisting the urge to tickle her wife. Sam smiles lovingly down at her as she strokes the soft hair.

"Hi." Sam greets back, her cheeks hurting from the smile plastered on her face. God, she's just perfect, they both think to themselves. "Are you going to tell me your plan now?" She teases, her smile turning into a smirk.

"Well" Destiny stands but keeps her arms wrapped around Sam's waist. "I would say you can get comfortable in bed and even open the box while I wash up." She kisses Sam quickly before vanishing to the bathroom, leaving a confused and amused Sam. She changes to her sleepwear before going to the bed and taking the box into her hands. She slowly unwraps the paper to see a velvet box. As she opens it Destiny comes out of the bathroom with a smile, her eyes lock on the redhead as she takes out the earrings from the velvet cushion. Sam can't find the words to convey how she feels as she looks at the diamond earrings so when Destiny sits on the bed she pulls her into a kiss pouring her love into it. Destiny chuckles as they pull away.

"I take it you like my gift?" Destiny states rather than ask. Sam nods her head quickly before putting the earrings back into the box and tackling her wife to the bed.

"They're lovely." Sam gushes peppering kisses all over the brunette's face. "Thank you." She adds, her heart about to burst with the love she feels for this amazing human being.

"You're welcome my love." Destiny responds, tucking the stray hair behind Sam's ear before proceeding to caress her face.

"What's the occasion baby?" Sam inquires. "I didn't forget our anniversary right?" She muses making Destiny laugh.

"No babe. That's quite far." Destiny tells her. "No occasion. I just wanted to buy my wife something. Am I not allowed to?" She teases, getting a head shake from the woman on top of her. "I know you've been having a hard time at work and I saw that while I was walking home. So I thought why not buy it and surprise you." She explains grinning. "And I'm not done yet." Destiny sits up making Sam sit up as well. "Take your shirt off." She commands and on queue sees the smirk slowly making its way to kissable lips.

"My oh my. So forward." Sam teases taking the hem of her shirt and pulling it over her head. "A little foreplay won't hurt my love." She continues getting an eye roll from her wife.

"Pretty sure you don't need much foreplay babe." Destiny retorts walking to get the lotion. "I know the effects my hands does to your body." She whispers smirking as Sam tries to stop a shudder. "Alright lie on your stomach. I believe my baby needs a massage." It still boggles Sam how this woman can turn sexy to cute in a blink of an eye nevertheless she lies on her stomach, smiling up at Destiny. She squeals when she feels the cold liquid come into contact and moans when heavenly hands start kneading the tight knots on her back. She closes her eyes as she enjoys the relief it brings and not before long falling asleep. 

Destiny chuckles quietly when she notices the woman is now enjoying the dreamworld, continuing to rub the knots in the muscles knowing it'll help Sam wake up relax and happy. She smiles fondly and thinks to herself how they end up here, how her life is now better with Sam in it and how her heart is full of love for this woman.

Sam wakes up an hour after Destiny is done, feeling refreshed and obviously relaxed. She turns to see Destiny lying beside her.

"Hey." She whispers sleepily as she tries to blink the sleep away. "Sorry I fell asleep." She reaches, rests her arm over flat stomach and her head on Destiny's chest. Destiny automatically slides an arm under Sam's neck and her fingers raking through her scalp making Sam drowsy once again.

"No need to say sorry. I know you're tired." Destiny kisses the top of her head. "Let's sleep." She whispers not wanting to fully wake up the woman who is clearly fighting off sleep.

"Mmm 'kay." Sam replies already falling back to dreaming. "Goodnight Des."

"Goodnight my love." Destiny replies and Sam leans up to press their lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." Sam tucks herself back into Destiny and falls back to sleep instantly. Destiny spends a few more seconds admiring this beautiful goddess before falling asleep herself.

Flashback

Destiny walks into the building and sees the man right away. The man with blue eyes smiles at her and she returns it politely.

"Thank you for meeting with me Destiny." Sam's father, Cole, says.

"It's no problem at all Mr Christenson." Destiny tells him, he gestures for them to take a seat before starting the conversation. Once settled, Destiny takes a deep breath to ready herself. She's not particularly sure why Cole wanted to meet with her.

"I know you're wondering as to why I asked you to meet me today." Cole starts and waits for Destiny to nod before continuing. "First I want to congratulate you and Sam. I heard about your engagement." He smiles easing some of Destiny's nervousness. "I would personally congratulate Sam but she doesn't want to do anything with me." His smile turns into a sad one. "I don't blame her though. I'm the one who walked out on her." Cole meets Destiny's eyes making her see the remorse in them. "Cutting to the chase. I wish to be there for my daughter." At that Destiny's eyebrows rise up in surprise. "I know this is a huge thing to ask but I've missed all her life and I don't want to miss this important event." Cole finishes.

"That would be great. I have to run this with Sam." Destiny tells him not wanting to make a decision without the consent of her future wife.

"That's all I'm asking." Cole smiles getting one back from the young girl.

Sam sits stiffly on the chair as she awaits her father's arrival at the agreed coffee shop. Destiny has told her about the meeting and the request from her dad. Of course her first reaction was no but after some rational talk from Destiny and her aunt Ellie, she contacted her dad and told him she would like to talk to him personally. 

When she sees him come in with a small boy holding his hand, Sam's entire body goes rigid and she wishes she let Destiny accompany her but she knows she needs to face her father alone. She watches as they take a seat across from her, the young boy barely reaches the table and she couldn't help but smile. She takes a deep breath to calm herself before locking yes with her dad.

"I hope you'd consider my request." Cole smiles but doesn't get one back from his daughter.

"If I'm going to be honest with you, when Destiny told me about your meeting and request my answer is no." Sam fidgets her hands. "But Destiny talked to me and so did aunt Ellie. I've reconsidered my decision." Sam watches as Cole's face lights up. "But you're only a guest. Aunt Ellie will be the one who will give me away." Sam firmly tells him, she can see that's not what her dad wants but he nods in agreement nonetheless.

"As long as I don't miss this important milestone in your life." Cole smiles and this time Sam gives him a small smile.

"Daddy I'm hungry." The little boy whines getting the attention of Sam.

"Okay champ. Let's order something." Cole tells him before looking back at his daughter whose eyes are transfixed with the boy. "What do you want to eat Samantha?" Cole asks snapping Sam from her thoughts.

"No thank you. I'm not hungry." Sam answers once again looking at the tiny human being whose blue eyes meet hers.

"Samantha, if I can ask a favor." Cole pauses waiting for his daughter's attention to be on him. "Can Michael at least be part of your entourage?" He asks, hopeful. 

Sam thinks it through looking back and forth from her dad to her brother. She met Michael the first time her dad asked to meet her, wanting the siblings to meet and a part of her is envious of the little boy but he didn't do her any wrong. He is an innocent child and she is willing to accept him in her heart. Michael looks up, big blue eyes staring into her and he grins tugging at her heartstrings.

"We still do need a ring bearer. I'll talk to Destiny about this and will contact you." Sam finally replies, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. She then reaches inside her purse, pulling out the invitation and placing it on the table.

"Thank you." Cole says genuinely as he takes the invitation. Sam stands up and tells them she'll see them at the wedding. "Oh and Samantha." She stops as she nears the door, she turns to look at her dad. "Congratulations." Her dad tells her and she smiles as she looks at him before looking at her brother, thankful that she did this.

End of Flashback

Destiny whistles when she sees her wife in a gorgeous Versace dress. Ever since Cole reached out to Sam, the father and daughter are slowly working on amending their strained relationship. It's a slow process but at least they are both trying. So it didn't surprise Destiny when Cole had invited them to a formal event. She's also not surprised when he offered her a job although she turned it down politely. She still needs to run the business her dad left her and partially work for her mom. Instead she strikes up a partnership with Cole's company and tonight they are celebrating the success of the said partnership.

"If you're done staring at me, can we get going now?" Sam teases her eyes scanning her woman. Destiny is wearing a black with gold accents dress and black pumps.

"Now look who's staring." Destiny playfully jabs back taking Sam's hand and lacing their fingers. "You ready to go?" She inquires resisting the urge to kiss her.

"Let's go." Sam answers and leans in to peck Destiny's lips, not able to resist the temptation.

"Okay. Let's go." Destiny smiles fondly at her and leads them out of the house. 

They arrive at the venue on time and make their way to Cole. Destiny has not let go of Sam's hand ever since they left the house. Cole gives them a smile and immediately strikes up a conversation with Destiny in regards to the partnership as Sam excuses herself. She makes her way to the bar and orders a cocktail as she scans the room. This isn't the first time she's attended such events but it is the first event she attended that was hosted by her dad. It was an exclusive occasion, most of the attendees are Destiny's co-workers and her dad's employees mingling together to get to know who they are working with now that the partnership is done. Sam soon finds herself in the company of Destiny's colleagues and they talk about something that is more in her field, photo editing.

"How's being married so far?" Cole asks after noticing Destiny's gaze lock on Samantha at the bar. At his words, Destiny turns to face him blushing lightly at being caught but recovering right away.

"It's going great so far." Destiny tells him with a grin. "Of course there's the occasional small fights but nothing we can't work on." She adds her gaze going back to Sam, watching her laugh along her colleagues. Cole follows her gaze before looking back at Destiny.

"I'm glad she's met you." Cole admits. "Promise me you'll protect her." He adds getting the young woman's attention. She looks at him before nodding firmly. "Go enjoy the event with your wife." Cole tells her and Destiny smiles gratefully at him, making her way to her wife. 

She strides up until she can hear the conversation and chuckles when Sam reveals she takes pictures of Destiny when she's unaware.

"I married a stalker." She comments getting everyone's attention and Sam blushes. "I'll steal my wife if you ladies don't mind." Destiny takes hold of Sam's hand and walk them to the table. No one would ever mind since one, Destiny is their boss and two, they are wives so all they can do is watch the two ladies walk away from the bar.

"How was the conversation with my dad go?" Sam questions as soon as they take their seats with their plates in front of them.

"It went smoothly." Destiny answers eating straight away. Sam feels like there's something but doesn't push. "So you take pictures of me when I'm not looking huh?" Destiny teases, a smirk pasted on her lips. Sam rolls her eyes but she has a fond smile on her face.

"You do the same with me and don't even deny it." Sam retorts getting a hearty laugh from the brunette.

"Of course I do. I love to capture moments and that way I can always look at the photos when I miss you." Destiny confesses smoothly. There it is, the smile that gives Sam butterflies in her stomach. Sam didn't resist the pull of leaning in and kissing Destiny chastely on the lips.

"Such a charmer." She whispers when they pull back and she sees those lips grin up.

"Only for you my love." Destiny replies leaning back in and kissing her just a little bit more.

When the pair have gone home after the party, they are exhausted but happy. It was a success and Destiny can see that she made the right decision. Reaching their bedroom, she smiles as her eyes follow Sam. There's something breathtaking about the woman and she's trying to wrap her mind around the fact that she is going to spend her eternity with such beauty.

"Help me out of the dress baby?" Sam asks snapping Destiny from her thoughts. "You okay?" She smiles playfully seeing the far away look in those blue eyes. Destiny doesn't say anything but simply walks to where she is and wraps her arms around her waist to pull her close. 

Despite the formality of the event, they did have a little party once everything is done and the dancing with each other awakened their carnal desires. Sam can see them swirling in those blue eyes no doubt mirroring her own. Destiny presses their lips together and a moan rips out of her when she feels a tongue swiping her bottom lip followed by teeth softly biting down. She opens her mouth and welcomes the familiar intruder, her hands tangling themselves in soft brown hair. 

Destiny finds the zipper, slowly pulling it down and lets the garment fall to the floor. She backs them until Sam feels the bed on the back of her knees. When air became an apparent need, she pulls away just as Destiny pulls off her own dress. Sam keeps her gaze on her wife who pushes her down the bed before taking off their pumps. It never ceases to take Sam's breath away when she sees Destiny's toned body but she has no idea Destiny feels the same way as her eyes rakes over Sam. She looks back up to see Sam smiling at her, not the lustful smile but the smile that gets her heart racing. She settles on top, one arm holding her up as the other make its way to the woman's lacy underwear. Sam connects their lips once again as she feels the garment being drag down until she's completely naked underneath her wife. She bites down on plump lips getting the desired moan from the woman whose fingers are tracing patterns on her inner thigh, teasing her.

"I love you." Destiny whispers after pulling back for air. She will never get tired of saying that to her soulmate and she's determined to show her just how much. She slowly descends, placing kisses all across flat stomach before reaching her desired location. She can smell Sam's arousal but before she starts devouring her wife, a gentle caress on her cheek makes her look up to meet those blue eyes. 

They know each other enough to not need words to convey what they feel, a simple look is all they need to understand what the other one is trying to say. Without breaking their eye contact, Destiny swipes her tongue and Sam can't stop the loud moan escaping out of her mouth as she feels pleasure coursing through her entire body. A pleasure that only Destiny can give her. Destiny feels hands tangling in her hair and doubles her effort. She watches as Sam breaks their eye contact to throw her head back and she can't help but fall in love all over again. She knows Sam is about to reach her high with the way her body is arch over and her hands gripping her hair tightly.

"Des." Sam moans out loud not bothering if she can be heard at the other end of the street as she climaxes. She rides out her high with Destiny's help before relaxing down the bed while the brunette makes her way up her body, kissing every available skin and playfully nipping her collarbone before she feels those lips press up against her own. She's still trying to catch her breath and when she opens her eyes, she's greeted by that smile. 

"I love you too." She replies to the earlier I love you from Destiny. She pushes the woman down and repay her for the high she has been given.

Once their desires are satiated, they lay tangled together in their bed. Sam resting her head on Destiny's chest as the other woman run her hand along the length of her arm. Both feel contentment as they feel each other breathing in and out, the silence of their room providing peace. 

If you had told a younger Destiny that one day she will marry the girl at the airport, she would have given you a peace of her mind but now, having the said girl in her arms, she can't help but let out a satisfied sigh. Sam looks up tilting her head to the side asking her in silence which Destiny finds adorable.

"What?" Sam whispers.

"Nothing. I just love you so much." Destiny admits getting a kiss from the other woman.

"And I love you so much more." Sam replies laying her head back down and tracing her fingers over flat stomach. "You know I realized something." She starts getting a hum in response. "After everything we've gone through in life, we're pretty lucky we found each other. I heard before that what can a broken person offer to another broken person." She muses and looks up to meet loving blue eyes. "At first I thought two broken things can't possibly complete one another." She pauses keeping their eyes locked. "But then now I realize that despite being broken, when the right one comes all those broken pieces fit perfectly with one another making each other complete." She finishes. "I know we have a long way to go but I want to spend it all with you. Because you have completed me and I-"she stops when lips firmly press against hers.

"We'll spend this life together and the next life because we complete each other and nothing will change that." Destiny tells her. "As long as you won't let go because I will never let go Sam. I intend to keep the vows I've made on our wedding day." She adds giving Sam an adoring smile.

"I intend to keep my vows as well. We're stuck together forever and ever." Sam says to her getting a nod from the woman. "We should have a baby soon." She settles back down and smiles when she hears that melodic laugh ring through the room.

"Agreed. Mom has been asking me about a grandchild." Destiny chuckles remembering her conversation with her mom.

"Same as aunt Ellie and dad. They've been asking me when we're planning to have a child." Sam informs her.

"Well we are having a child soon so that should suffice them." Destiny replies already imagining her life with Sam and their child. Sam hums as the same imagery runs in her mind. She can't wait for them to start another chapter in their lives together knowing that they are both strong enough to get through life. 

Sam looks up to Destiny who looks down at her and thinks to herself that yes, this is the woman she wants to spend her eternity with and the woman she wants to have a child with. Destiny on her part can't help the burst of love in her heart as she looks at the beautiful woman in her arms and the future of raising a child with this woman. They gravitate towards each other until lips press up in a gentle yet love-filled kiss.

~THE END~

Author's Note: That is the end of our story. I'd like to thank everyone who has given this story a read. I couldn't thank you enough for the support. I hope everyone enjoyed it. This is one of those stories that is so hard to let go but I have to because I believe Destiny and Sam deserves their happy ending. Let me know your thoughts. With that I bow down. Love each other guys. Author is out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584 0 14
Story of how something happened to someone unexpectedly. Unexpectedly changes and circumstances happened in their life, and this circumstances can ch...
488K 15.6K 81
"Why are you naked?" I asked him avoiding the sight in front of me. My face is heating up more now. "Are you sure princess, this is what they call n...
870 50 42
She is broken .... He is a happy guy what will happen if these two cross their paths will he able to heal the girl let's peep into the story to know
2.2K 159 15
(A short Story 🦋🥀). She is a lively girl and makes the darkness shine in her presence but was married to a man against her wish . The man who is...