Bat-Bogey Hexers

Od sandpipergirl

Ginny Weasley is a bright, vivacious girl born into a loving family. Despite seeming small, and helpless Ginn... Více

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Cast
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
Authors Note
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Authors Note
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Acknowledgements
Sequel

37

415 31 9
Od sandpipergirl

"Who-" Viola started.

"It was Ginny," said Hugo. "Ginny wrote those words on the Wall."

Viola turned to him with wide eyes. "What're you talking about?"

"C'mon, lets go into the bathroom and I'll tell you. If a teacher catches alone we'll be in big trouble," said Hugo.

The two slipped into the out of order bathroom.

"Tell me everything," said Viola said, leaning against a sink.

"Alright so I really had to go to pee, so I asked Professor Snape, he was escorting is Hufflepuffs to our next class, if I could use the bathroom. He said - using that grim voice of his; you know the one-" Viola nodded, trying to hurry the boy along. "He said that I could hold it, and that we really didn't have time to stop. I told him I really couldn't hold it, and 'when you gotta go you gotta go' but he just glowered at me. So I just slipped away. Then when I came to this hallway, I found Ginny."

"Go on!" Viola urged Hugo, who had paused. "What was she doing?"

"Well she was on one of Filches step stools, and her hands were covered in blood-red paint and she was painting those words on the wall! She was crying too, sobbing uncontrollably. I called her name but she didn't seem to hear! So I climbed up on the stool and shook her by the shoulders. She didn't even notice! It was like she was in a. . . A trance or something," explained Hugo.

"But what does the message even mean?" asked Viola. Her eyebrows were drawn together in confusion. "Who's skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever? Did Ginny attack someone else?"

Hugo swallowed. His face was pale and Viola had never seen him look so worried.

"Viola. . . I think it's Ginny's skeleton. Ginny's skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever," said Hugo. "Actually I know so. I heard some Ghosts talking about it."

Viola could only stare at Hugo. A sick feeling swam around her stomach like a fish in a bowl. Hugo stared right back at her. Finally Viola turned away. She headed toward the bathroom door.

"Well. . . There is nothing we can do."

"Nothing we can do?" demanded Hugo.

Viola looked over at the boy to see him wearing an expression of incredulity.

"Viola, Ginny could die! We have to go save her!"

Viola turned to face him. "She's probably already dead!" Hugo Blanched. "What's the point in us going after her and getting ourselves killed as well?"

Hugo's expression hardened. "Oh so you're afraid?" he countered.

Viola looked down at the stone floor. "I am not afraid."

"Yes you are! And I am too, but we have to at least try!" said Hugo.

Viola looked up sharply. "Why do we have to try? Ginny attacked all those people, don't you think she got what she had coming to her?"

Hugo stared at her as if she were a stranger. When he spoke his voice was low. "Do you really still believe she is the culprit? Why would she be a victim now then?"

"I don't know," muttered Viola. "Maybe she lost control of the monster . . . "

Hugo shook his curly head. "I really can't believe you. Viola we have to save Ginny. I'm certain she wouldn't hesitate to save you."

Viola didn't say anything. She knew what he said was probably true. A small trickle of guilt swept through her.

"And I mean . . . It doesn't hurt that we'll be heroes after this!" A grin split over the boys face at the idea.

Viola looked up at Hugo, excitement dawning.

"We would be . . . Wouldn't we?" said Viola.

"Yeah?" said Hugo, surprised at the eager change that had taken over the girl. He wasn't at all aware of what he had said to change her mind.

"Yes! Alright, lets go," said Viola determinedly. She pulled out her wand and gripped it tightly.

You mean it?" asked Hugo.

Viola nodded.

"Yes!" cheered Hugo. "Lets show everyone what Slytherins and Hufflepuffs are made of!"

"But what should we do first?" asked Viola. "I mean how on earth will we find the Chamber? It could be anywhere in the castle!"

"Well," said Hugo looking around at the peeling paint and chipped toilets. "Well I think we can safely assume it isn't in this bathroom. Salazar Slytherin seems like he was a classy guy, I'm sure he wouldn't want his grand Chamber surrounded by toilets!"

Viola gave a nervous giggle.

"I think you're right about that." said Viola.

"So let's go look somewhere else," said Hugo.

With that the two left the bathroom.

"All students to return to their House dormitories at once. All teachers return to the staff room. Immediately, please."

Professor McGongall's voice came echoing through the corridors, magically magnified.

Viola and Hugo stopped and looked at each other.

"What should we do?" asked Viola.

"Keep going, of course," said Hugo. "We've got to think, where would Slytherin make a secrete Chamber?"

Viola bit her lip, thinking hard. "Um. . . The trophy room?"

"Yeah!" said Hugo. "That's a good idea! I'm sure he'd want his Chamber to be located in a place with a sense of grandeur!"

They set off in pursuit of the Trophy Room.

Upon turning the corner however, they found themselves in a sticky patch of trouble.

Professor McGonagall  was walking straight toward them.

Viola stopped in her tracks and Hugo ran into her. "Uh-oh," he said.

They didn't have time to run away. McGonagall's eyes widened. "Miss Lestrange! Mr Leonard! What on earth are you doing?"

"I- we-" stammered Viola.

"Ginny Weasley been taken to the Chamber, Professor!" blurted Hugo.

McGonagall's eyes widened. "I am well aware of that Mr Leonard, but that does not explain why you're not in your Common Room! I don't think I need to remind you that I just gave an announcement just a few minutes ago!"

"We we're going to save Ginny!" said Hugo.

Viola looked back and forth between her friend and their teacher. McGonagall looked taken aback.

"Going to . . ? Well as noble a cause as that is, the job is far beyond the capabilities of two first years!"

"But-" started Hugo.

"No questions about it. I will escort you to your Common rooms, and I assure you we are doing everything in our power to rescue the girl. Come along."

Hugo looked extremely put out. Viola gave him a helpless smile. They had to hurry to keep up with McGonagall's brisk pace as she strode through the corridors with purpose. They left Hugo at the Hufflepuff Common Room first, then McGonagall brought Viola to the Slytherin Common Room.

It was a buzz as everyone wondered what had happened.

Viola easily faded into the background.

She couldn't help but feel slightly relieved. Her and Hugo would never have been able to find the Chamber on their own and more than likely would have been attacked as they wandered about the hallway.

Guilt was a stronger emotion right then than relief, however.

If Ginny died . . . Viola wasn't sure if she would ever recover.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

149K 4.2K 39
"i know life well enough to know you can't count on things staying around or standing still, no matter how much you want them to. you can't stop peop...
207 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...
651 51 9
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...
335 37 39
That night at dinner, when Camille's parents reveal that they have to move again, Camille can only sigh wearily. Again. As usual. She barely bothered...