Becca's Moments

Par lazy_writr

Trust - the firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something. Due to her past traum... Plus

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Chapter TwentyFive
Chapter TwentySix
Chapter TwentySeven
Chapter TwentyEight
Chapter TwentyNine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter ThirtyOne
Chapter ThirtyTwo
Chapter ThirtyThree Part 1
Chapter ThirtyThree Part 2
Chapter ThirtyFour
Chapter ThirtyFive
Chapter ThirtySix
Chapter ThirtySeven
Chapter ThirtyEight
Chapter ThirtyNine
Chapter Forty
Chapter FortyOne
Chapter FortyTwo
Chapter FortyThree
Chapter FourtyFour
Chapter FortyFive
Chapter FortySix
Chapter FortySeven
Chapter FortyEight
Chapter FortyNine
Chapter Fifty (Part one)
Chapter Fifty (Part two)

Chapter Eleven

18.4K 213 26
Par lazy_writr

Kayden

The sound of birds chirping stirred me out of my sleep. I turned on my back and opened my eyes.

Only two hours of sleep again.

I reached under my pillow to grab my phone and saw a few texts from the boys. I sent a few replies and got out of bed with a yawn.

I knew I had work, but fuck it. Today I would take my time. After brushing my teeth, I stepped into the shower and let the hot water run over me.

My head was still hazy from bunning the night before. It'd been a long time since I really indulged. Lemon haze was my favourite, but now my brain felt scattered and my body was sluggish. After the job yesterday, it made sense to keep some for myself. After all, I'd worked hard for it.

I was dressed half an hour later and went downstairs to the kitchen to grab something to eat. The house was quiet. I grabbed a bowl and fetched cereal from the cupboard, wincing at the mild throbbing in my skull.

Fuck. My head was killing.

I sat at the table. Yesterday's events played through my mind as I ate. Something happened, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

What was it to do with? Whatever it was, it was niggling at the back of my mind.

Was it Rebecca? She was here or something. I recalled her coming to visit, and she was in my room. She didn't stay long. But why?

"Shit," I groaned, cradling my forehead.

"Oh, you're still here?" I heard Dad before I saw him. He entered fully dressed in his work suit and munching on a piece of toast. "You not working today?"

"Day off," I lied, taking another spoonful.

Dad hummed. "You look mash up. Wah'um?"

"Had a late night," I half-lied. Truthfully the lemon and ammo had fucked me up; my vision was still blurry and my head was swimming.

He approached the cupboard and pulled something small out, stuffing it in his pocket. "Hope you make this day productive, instead of sitting roun' here like some bum."

"Alright."

"And I don't mean running roun' doing foolishness either."

I rubbed my forehead. "Yeah."

He stepped closer and rested his hand on my head then laughed. "When are you gonna cut this tough head? It's grown way too long."

"I'm letting it grow out." I moved my head from under his heavy hand. "You let yours grow when you were my age."

"Yeah, till your mum told me to cut it."

"That's where we're different. No girl can make me cut my hair."

He chuckled. "Alright, big man. One day you'll cut it and look just like me."

"I don't wanna look old."

He kissed his teeth. "Man's only 32."

My migraine grew stronger. Worst thing about having young parents was the fact that they thought they could chat the way I did. Using my generation's slang was a criminal offence, but they did it anyway. Dad was the primary culprit; always saying words like skeen and peak.

"I keep telling you you're way past your prime." I ate another spoonful, my head still feeling light.

He laughed and slapped me on the back in the fatherly way he always did. Then he leaned closer and stared at the gash above my eyebrow.

"What happened?" he asked, his face turning dark. He reached to touch the cut, but I moved my face away.

"It's nothin'."

He watched me silently for a few seconds. I knew exactly what was coming.

"Did you do what I said?" he asked sternly. I didn't answer. "Kayden, what did he say?"

"He was moving sketchy, so I walked away, but he tried dragging me back so–"

"You didn't..." he trailed off in disbelief then he kissed his teeth, looking frustrated. "You didn't fight him, did you?"

I didn't reply.

Dad slammed his hand on the table. "Dammit, Kayden!"

"Self-defence." I shrugged.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You should never mess with a guy like him. I already told you ."

"He provoked me. What was I supposed to do?"

"Listen to me," he bellowed. "The last thing you want to do is piss off a man with power. Trust me. I know. He'll just come after you. Then what?"

I finished my cereal and stood up to place my bowl in the sink. I could wash it up later, my body was too tired. "Then I'll handle it when the time comes."

Dad's eyes were piercing as he crossed his arms. "I'm not getting involved with your fuckery, Kayden. When shit goes south, don't come to me about it."

"Alright, I won't."

Just then Mum walked in. She wore her dressing gown and fluffy slippers, looking refreshed and energetic.

"Morning," she chimed.

"Morning," I said, giving her a kiss on the forehead. Mum had no idea about what I got up to in my spare time. Dad only knew because he caught me out one time, and has tried to get me to stop ever since. Lately, I've gotten into some altercations, but luckily Dad was there to cover for me when Mum grew curious. It was better that she never found out.

She switched on the kettle before turning to Dad. "Shouldn't you get going?"

"And leave you?" Dad feigned a frown.

Mum laughed and wrapped her arms around him. "How else will you provide for this family, Marcus?"

His hands held her waist. "I could quit my job and still provide for you." Mum cooed, and they leaned in for a kiss. I looked away. They were always overly affectionate. No one should ever have to see their parents suck face like this.

"I met Kayden's friend yesterday," Mum said with a smile.

Dad raised a brow. "Which friend is this?"

"Rebecca. Beautiful young girl from work."

Dad hummed and turned to me. "Sure she ain't your girlfriend?"

"You'd know if she was," I said.

Mum sighed. "It's a shame she didn't stay long. She looked like she was worried about you."

Worried? What would Rebecca be worried about? My extreme brain fog stopped me from recollecting anything, and it frustrated me that I was missing something crucial.

I eventually went back upstairs and took my phone off charge. It was still before midday and she was probably at sixth form but I wanted to try my luck. I called Rebecca's number, and it rang through to voicemail. I tried once more, and she busied the call.

Fuck.

She didn't busy my calls anymore, so either she was pissed at me, or she was busy. I knew it was the former.

I kissed my teeth and threw my phone down. How did we get here? We went from being strangers to becoming friends, to dancing in the rave to sharing our first kiss, and now she was busying my calls?

All I could do was give her space until I figured this out, but it was hard to keep a rational mind when she was all I could think about. Rebecca had clouded my thoughts from the very first time I laid eyes on her. Even back when she only gave me attitude, it intrigued me. From our first meeting I knew I wanted her. Even though she had a man, I couldn't help myself. Rebecca didn't try to be irresistible, she just was, and she was turning out to be my only weakness.

We took one step forward and two steps back. I remembered being angry. Was I angry with her? Nah, not possible. But it felt like we were mad at each other. What would I be vex about that would lead her to ignore me?

Fuck, this was frustrating. All I wanted was to have her right here under me. I wanted to feel her lips and taste her skin. I wanted to hear her breathy moans when she became overwhelmed, and I wanted to see that shy face whenever she realised just how strongly she'd reacted.

I just wanted her.

But something happened yesterday. Something big. And I couldn't work it out.

"You weren't at work. I came to check if you were okay..."

Her voice came to mind, and I instantly remembered her standing in the doorway in her work clothes looking concerned. I must have just come back home then. That part made sense; she came and waited for me to return home and when I did; she followed me to my room.

I sat on my bed and wracked my brain for more forgotten memories. Through the foggy haze in my mind, I slowly uncovered the day before.

"I was worried about you..."

She had been standing close with her eyes searching mine. Whenever Rebecca had that thoughtful expression it made me want her even more. I was stupid to not pull her close at that moment.

My phone snapped me out of my thoughts. I answered the call from Aaliyah. "Li?"

"Hey." She sounded tired.

"Everything alright?"

She sighed. "They're arguing again."

Aaliyah's lived in a household full of strained relationships ever since we were young. I couldn't remember the last time her parents got along.

"I just needed someone to talk to," she explained, her voice low and feeble.

"I'm here."

She gulped. "I think he hit her again. They're shouting at each other now."

Knowing that Aaliyah had gone through years of witnessing her father's abuse was enough to tip me over the edge. If it wasn't for Dad, I would have fucked him up ages ago, but I was told it wasn't my place. But if this continued, I planned to make it my place.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"In my room. They were talking about divorce the other day."

I breathed deeply. "Separation is the best option. You know that."

"Yeah. A small part of me wants them to work it out, though."

"Your dad is a prick, Aaliyah. If he wanted to change, he would've. You and your mum don't deserve it."

"I know..." She sniffed. "I just want to move out. I can't take this anymore."

Hearing her cry broke me. I was so protective of Aaliyah. Being in that house was ruining her more and more each day.

"Stay at mine tonight," I offered.

Another sniff. "Okay."

"You need to do something for me."

"What?"

"When you get off the phone, check on your mum and see if she's okay. If she's not, I want you to tell me."

"But–"

"Then later on I want you to pack your bags and come here. Are we clear?"

"Yes," she muttered, her voice raspy from tears.

"Then we can watch Match of the Day."

"Shut up," she giggled. "You know I hate football."

Hearing her light-hearted chuckle made me smile. It was a start, at least.

"Thanks, Kayden."

"Anytime. See you later."

I hung up and laid back on the bed. Now I had a responsibility to tend to Aaliyah. She was incredibly unstable because of her dad's fuckeries and she was only getting worse. Any more mishaps and she would spiral out of control. Aside from suggesting she go to counselling, the most I could do was comfort her and assure her that everything would be okay. Despite being three weeks older than me, Aaliyah was like a little sister. She was fragile and prone to self-harm so I've helped her to cope ever since.

I stood and went over to my third drawer to check the stash. Apart from when I bunned last night, there was still a substantial amount left. I just needed to push it so that I didn't smoke myself into a coma.

Suddenly my brain clicked, and yesterday's conversation with Rebecca flooded back.

"What are you doing?"

"..."

"I asked you a question."

"I was just–"

"Going through my stuff? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Calm down."

"Nah, fuck that. You can't go through my shit like that."

"I'm just looking out for you. What's all that doing in there?"

"Stay out my business, Rebecca. It hasn't got shit to do with you."

"You know what? Fuck you, Kayden."

"Fuck off then."

I blinked the memory away and ran my hands over my face when the realisation finally hit me. I was rude to her. She worried for me, and instead of appreciating her concern, I threw it back in her face.

It all made sense now.

I'm such a dickhead. There was no way she'd give me the time of day after this. Rebecca saw a different side to me that I never showed. Weed had an intense effect on me and I knew that—this was something she could hold against me for a very long time.

"Shit," I muttered. I couldn't leave things like this. If I didn't do the right thing, Ree's anger would fester and we would be back to square one.

I slipped on my trainers and grabbed my pouch full of essentials before heading downstairs. After saying bye to Mum I was off. Pacing down the road, I recalled Rebecca's shocked expression after my outburst. Knowing that I treated her like shit made me pissed at myself. She didn't deserve that kind of behaviour from me.

Time was getting on. I guessed she'd already left sixth form and was on her way to work. I hopped on the bus and headed toward Brixton. Not to Footlocker, but to somewhere much better.

Becca

"So, how's Kayden?" Brooklyn asked as we left sixth form. Walking over the threshold to freedom lifted the weight off my shoulders. After suffering through a restless night, rushing in the morning and skipping breakfast, my entire day was shit. I scoffed at the mention of his name.

"Still a prick," I answered.

She blinked in shock. "I thought you two were close?"

"He's close to getting these hands."

Brooklyn laughed as we crossed the road and headed towards the bus stop. "What happened?"

"He got rude to me yesterday. And I don't mean 'banter' rude. Told me to fuck off and everything."

She whistled. "Wow. What did you do to him?"

I shot her a glare. "Why's it got to be my fault?"

"Because you're the rudest person on earth. Did you say anything to set him off?"

"Not this time. He's just a dickhead."

Brooklyn sighed. "Just when you were getting somewhere. I was rooting for you two."

"That's his fault," I said with a shrug. We caught the bus and sat on the bottom deck. Brooklyn followed me to work hoping to treat herself to some new sportswear.

"You and Shanay still not talking?" she asked, biting into her Galaxy chocolate.

I shrugged. Things weren't as weird in sixth form as I thought they'd be. For starters, Shanay still spoke to everyone during class and break times, just not me—and vice versa. Instead of chilling with us, she'd found another group of friends to bitch to at lunchtime.

"I don't think we'll ever talk again," I muttered truthfully. "Unless she apologises. Even then, I still wouldn't give her the time of day."

"That girl is blinded by love."

"She's blinded by dick." I turned to her. "You know I served Hayden at work yesterday."

Brooklyn nodded, waiting for the rest.

"He was with another girl. Buying her clothes. Had his arm round her and everything."

Her eyes widened and her jaw hung low, showing the chocolate in her mouth. "Nooo..."

"Yes. I tried to tell Shanay he was trash but did she listen?" I shrugged my shoulders again.

"I can't believe he's openly cheating like that."

"Let's see how long she takes to figure it out."

We reached Footlocker and Brooklyn looked around the store while I went to the back to put my belongings away. I realised my phone vibrated and checked the screen. Then I scowled. What the hell did Kayden want? There was no way I'd answer his calls, not after he spoke to me the way he did. I left my phone in my bag and shut my locker.

"Alright, Beccs?" Nathan offered a friendly smile and headed to the fridge. It must be his break time.

"Yeah, you?"

"I'm cool. You heard from Stacey lately?"

I raised a brow. Stacey came and went whenever she wanted without repercussions. Maybe because Nathan had a crush on her and would never let Herman know about her absences? Either way, it was concerning.

I shook my head. "Not since yesterday."

He sighed and whipped his phone out from his pocket. "Her and Kayden aren't in for their shifts." Then his eyes flashed to me. "You know where he is?"

"No clue." His eyes regarded me for a moment, doubtful and judging. "I really don't know. Haven't spoken to him."

He nodded. "Alright. Suppose you can't pull a double?"

"Sorry, I have coursework to do."

"It's cool, no worries. I'll call in for some cover."

I changed into my uniform and headed back to the shop floor. Today would prove quiet since Stacey or Kayden weren't in. Luckily I had Brooklyn to entertain me for a short while. I found her by the Adidas section trying to decide between two different jumpers.

"Grey one," I said.

She looked at me before turning to the stone-coloured jumper again. "You think?"

"Yeah. Blue looks nice on you, but you've already got a jumper similar to that."

She bit her lip as she considered her extensive wardrobe. "Yeah, you're right." She picked the grey jumper up and held it against her. "I really like this."

"Cool. Bring it over to the counter whenever you're ready."

"Will do..." she trailed off, and I noticed her eyes on someone else. She quickly nudged me. "Oh my God, who's that?" I spun around to see who had her so mesmerised. Nathan had just come out of the stockroom with a box of items.

"Oh, that's Nathan."

"He's so fine," she whispered, her eyes roaming his form. I couldn't really blame her; Nathan was quite a catch. "Is he single?" Brooks asked.

"I actually don't know. He might be seeing someone who works here, though."

She groaned. "It's always the good ones."

"How do you know he's good? He could be a drug dealer." Just like the devil himself...

"So? Just means he's business-oriented."

"You're out of your damn mind."

"Beccs, c'mere a sec," Nathan called from across the store. Considering Mohammed was still on his way and two other staff members were MIA, it was just the two of us manning the store. I went over to the counter where he'd dumped the box.

"What's up?"

"I just need you to hang these up for me while I go out back and try to find cover."

"Okay, no problem."

He placed the box down and straightened his back with a stretch. "This place will kill me, man."

I frowned. "You okay?"

"Yeah. All the heavy lifting is fucking up my back."

"That's because you're not bending your knees." I nudged him in the ribs and he chuckled.

"I'm not gonna start now. Might as well injure myself and claim compensation."

I laughed. "Not a bad idea, actually." We bumped fists, and he told me he'd be back before disappearing into the staff room again.

Brooklyn sashayed close out of nowhere. "He's so hot. I was watching him stretch."

"You're a lost cause."

She grinned and placed her stuff by the till. "Ready to pay."

"Cool, I'll hook you up."

She clapped her hands together, happy to get a discount. Once she paid for her things, I hung the clothes in the Junior section and folded some sale t-shirts. Brooklyn kept me company by the counter. I served a few customers and checked the time on the till. It was already after five. Time didn't seem to drag since Brooklyn was around.

"Don't think you need to stay for my whole shift," I told her, popping a receipt in the bag before handing it over to a middle-aged black woman. I faced Brooklyn properly when the woman left. "It's Wednesday. You don't have any plans?"

She shrugged and opened up another Haribo packet. This girl could eat for the whole of England, yet she had the healthiest set of teeth. "Not really. I think family are coming down for dinner but I can't be assed to entertain them."

"You're so bad."

"I don't mind chilling here. You make this job sound so bad but it's actually calm."

"I only complained about working here because Kayden suffocated me."

She nodded. "Fair point. Is he not coming in today?"

I shrugged. "Apparently not. He was supposed to, though."

"I still want to meet him." She sighed wistfully. "I don't even think I've seen a picture of him."

I rolled my eyes. "I can show you..." I tapped my pocket and realised I'd left my phone in my locker. "Ah, nevermind."

She chuckled and brought her own phone out. "What's his Facebook?"

I paused. I don't even know if Kayden had a Facebook account. Still, I told her his name: "Try Kayden Brooks."

"Sexy."

"Will you just type it!"

She laughed and searched his name. There were a few results, but none were him. I hummed. Maybe he just wasn't on social media like that. Not that it was a bad thing; sites like Facebook and Twitter were distracting, anyway.

"Ah man, I really wanted to see his face." Brooklyn frowned. "I can imagine how sexy he is."

I didn't respond. Kayden's attitude had put me off completely. I didn't want to see his stupid handsome face for at least a week, maybe two. It would take a while for me to even be near him again, let alone forgive him.

Yesterday's events played through my mind. He was constantly on edge, aggressive and dismissive. He was the complete opposite of his normal self, and that annoyed me to no end.

Eventually, Brooklyn left, and I reluctantly said bye. I told her she didn't have to stay, but I didn't mean it. I was feeling lonely and sorry for myself when Stacey walked in; her face flushed and her hair a mess. I blinked in shock as she signed in.

"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded, too breathless to speak. She gave me a sign that she'd be back before using her fob to go to the staff room. I served a couple more customers before she returned with a bottle of water in her hand. Her chest heaved and she had tied her hair back into a high ponytail.

"Sorry," she rasped after taking a massive gulp of water.

"Where've you been?" She was three hours late for her shift. I just assumed she wasn't coming in; that might have been a better option, considering.

"I was coming back from Manchester but the train was delayed."

"Ohhh."

She sighed and joined me behind the counter. "It was so annoying because I left extra early, as well."

"Well, at least you're here to join in the fun," I said with a sarcastic smile.

She breathed a laugh. "Nathan sounded so pissed over the phone. I felt so bad."

"Don't worry, at least now he won't have to get cover. He likes you too much to even hold a grudge."

She gave a small smile. "You think he likes me?"

"It's so obvious."

"So why do you find it hard to believe when I say Kayden likes you?"

"Please, let's not talk about him today."

She raised a brow. "Did something happen?"

I sighed and told Stacey about the altercation with Kayden, only leaving out what I'd seen in his drawer. I mainly focused on his behaviour and how rude he had gotten. Stacey breathed a 'wow' when I was finished.

"Doesn't sound like him at all," she said.

"He has a different side to him and I'm not here for it."

"Maybe he was going through something."

"Something like what?"

She shrugged. "Not to say it's anything drastic, but if it was something involving family or a personal matter, that might have been him reacting. I don't think he meant it."

I sighed. No matter what, Stacey would always be Team Kayden. "Maybe."

"I just think it's best to give him some space."

"I'm giving him space. Indefinitely."

She laughed. "Any items to price?"

"Nah, we covered that already."

Stacey frowned. "What time is it, anyway?" She pulled up her sleeve to check her watch. In that moment, I saw a violent purple bruise on her wrist.

"What happened there?" I asked, pointing to the bruise.

Stacey's usually tanned face drained of all colour. I saw her visibly gulp before yanking down her sleeve again. "Nothing serious," she answered tensely.

"Oh, okay. Looks painful."

"Yeah, I bumped into something ages ago. Bruises show so easily on me." Her smile didn't reach her eyes.

I nodded and straightened up. Since the store was picking up, I couldn't slouch around anymore.

"I'm gonna check if there's delivery," she muttered before walking off. I watched her disappear out back. Whatever secret she was hiding must be serious.

***

I got home that evening in no time. The thought of unwinding in bed and having an early night's rest was a mere dream during the day, but it was quickly becoming a reality.

The house was quiet aside from the TV in the living room. I walked in there to see Andre watching a film by himself in the dark.

"Hi," he greeted casually.

"Hey. Dad in?"

"He's out. Think he's got a night shift though."

"And Kieran?"

"In his room."

I left Andre to his own devices, kicking off my trainers and hanging my jacket on the hook before heading up to my room. I pushed open my door and stopped in my tracks at the figure sat on my bed. Kayden glanced up from his phone and we watched each other for a few moments in silence.

"Why are you here?" I finally asked.

"For you."

I shook my head. Seeing the sincere look on his face irritated me. Yesterday was so fresh, it made my chest ache to see him again so soon.

"You need to go." Kayden's expression told me he wouldn't budge. "Kayden."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't wanna hear it." I slid off my Footlocker shirt and threw it in the wash basket, clad in my black bra and trousers. I felt his eyes burn into my back but I refused to look at him. "Why are you still here? Get out."

He sighed. "Don't do this."

"Do what? You told me to fuck off, remember? That's what I did."

"You know I didn't mean that."

"I don't know shit."

I heard my bed creak as Kayden stood up. I chanced looking in his direction and our eyes locked. I had to admit; he looked sexy in his crew neck jumper and fitted black jeans. But it wasn't his clothes I found attractive, it was his face; so stern and sombre. He approached me with the confidence and grace of a saint, but I stepped back.

"I was a prick," he said.

"You were."

"A dickhead," he went on, stalking closer.

"Exactly."

"I never should've spoken to you like that."

"Then why did you?"

He was close now, eyes shining with regret. "Because I panicked."

I quirked a brow. "Why?"

"Because I thought you'd judge me about what you saw. And I have boundary issues."

He was incredibly close, and I had backed myself into the wall. I could smell him. I could see every detail on his handsome face. He was truly sorry. But I couldn't let him off too easily.

"It's too late," I said. "You should never treat a girl like that."

"I know. It won't happen again," he promised.

I slipped away from the wall and approached my door, opening it wider so that he knew where to go. Kayden didn't even flinch. Instead, he walked over to the door and closed it with the swipe of his hand. I regarded him with frustration.

"I'm not going anywhere until you forgive me."

I watched those stubborn eyes and moved to stand by my bed instead. "Then it's gonna be a long day."

We battled with our eyes. He was fighting to win my companionship, and I was fighting for some distance between us. What would happen if I let Kayden back in? It wouldn't be long before he hurt me again. I hoped I wouldn't see him for a while, that way I could get over this fantasy of him. Truthfully, he was too perfect and I was losing myself just from being in his presence.

I wondered what he was thinking, why he couldn't just leave and save us both the trouble. The fact that he invaded my home was insanity in itself. But then again, he knew exactly how to push my buttons.

Kayden gazed at me and I glared back. His eyes shifted from mine to my chest. I realised that I was still in my bra.

I scowled. "Eyes up here."

His eyes penetrated mine once again. Then he walked over to me. I stood my ground this time; I didn't want him to think that I was completely helpless against him, even if I was.

"You know how I feel. Last thing I want to do is hurt your feelings."

I sighed. "I just find it funny how I came to check on you because I was worried and all I got in return was your shit attitude. You told me to fuck off. Now I want you to do the same. Please leave."

But he didn't leave. His eyes lowered to my chest again. He ignored me while he ogled my breasts, and he expected me to forgive him?

"You're not even listening to me," I hissed.

"I am." He stepped closer to the point where our bodies touched, hard against soft. Kayden's expression changed into one I knew all too well. "I'm listening, Ree. I hear you. I just wanna..." He exhaled, his warm breath fanning my lips. Goosebumps washed over my arms. His hands grabbed my waist and pulled me flush against him as his head dipped to kiss my cheek, right by my lips. "I wanna taste you," he whispered.

My body stiffened as his lips trailed sweet kisses from my cheek to my jaw. I was paralysed with the burning realisation that he'd already ensnared me. His body thrust me up against the wall, and I swallowed hard as his lips explored my skin. Somehow, I regained the strength I needed to turn my face away from that sinful mouth.

"You need to go," I whispered, my best attempt to sound stern ruined when his thigh rested between my legs, causing me to whimper instead.

Kayden pressed his frame against mine. I felt all the hard flesh beneath his clothes and revelled in his scent. He kissed my neck whilst tracing his fingers along my arms.

"You expect me to leave when you look like this?" he murmured, his teeth grazing my skin. I was angry that he was still here, but even angrier that he was turning me on. He pressed me harder against the wall as he kissed down to my collarbone, as if he'd heard my thoughts. "Forgive me," he pleaded, although it sounded like a demand, his breath warm on my neck.

I didn't want him to captivate me like this, but I was losing the will to fight. Kayden knew how I operated, and he used it to his advantage to get me on side. He pulled back to peer at me. I froze in anticipation, hoping he wouldn't do the one thing that made my body surrender. But he did.

His lips crashed against mine hungrily. I moaned at the familiar feel of his mouth and joined my arms around his neck, tugging him closer. I loved Kayden's lips; they were incredibly soft. I especially loved the way he kissed, like he was desperate for me, like he couldn't get enough. All too soon, Kayden broke the kiss, biting my bottom lip with a dangerous gleam in his eyes.

"I still don't like you," I panted.

"That's fine." His gaze fell to my chest and his tongue ran along the curve of his lip. I didn't understand his fascination, but it was a turn-on.

He reached up to cup my breast. I gulped and shut my eyes, embarrassed that he was touching such an intimate part of me. It wasn't long ago when we shared our first kiss and now he was already fondling me. He teased my nipple through my bra and I shook my head.

"You want me to," he declared.

He was right. I did.

Kayden's other hand rested on my breast and he gently played with them as his lips met mine. He massaged my hardening nipples with the pads of his thumbs, soliciting a moan from my throat. 

He used that as an opportunity to suck on my tongue. My heart thumped as our tongues slid and curled, battling for dominance. Then he broke the kiss, his eyes pinning me to the spot while his tongue trailed between the valley of my breasts. I shivered and clenched my thighs, never wanting to let him go.

"Hate you," I breathed with my head against the wall.

"Then tell me to stop."

I opened my mouth, but a moan slipped out as his tongue ran over my collarbone. "Kayden," I sighed, my stomach coiling in desire.

His mouth was by my neck again, peppering kisses before sucking on the spot below my ear. I indulged in the feel of his lips on my skin. Everything he did left a tingling sensation, one that I wasn't familiar with or couldn't control—that's what terrified me. I couldn't remember the last time I'd been so turned on before Kayden swooped into my life. Nothing came to mind.

Without warning, he pulled away from the wall and carried me over to my bed, gently placing me down to sit. I breathed through a heaving chest, trying to calm myself and make sense of what just happened.

"Forgive me?" he asked, his intense eyes watching my every move.

I caught my breath. "Not yet," I muttered as I had nothing else to say. "But I'll get over it."

He sighed. "Good. Now put a top on," he warned, eyeing my bra. The look on his face told me he would rip it off if I didn't comply. I noticed the wetness of his tongue glistening on my chest. I padded to my drawers and pulled out a random lounge top then dragged it on before joining Kayden on the bed again. His eyes were still on me. "You know I'm sorry."

"Yeah. Just don't ever swear at me again, no matter how angry you are."

He nodded. "Won't happen again."

"And I don't usually go searching through people's drawers. I know that was wrong, so sorry about that."

His face softened, and he held my face with his hands, pulling me closer and pecking me on the lips. My stomach tingled again. "You're killing me, Ree."

"I wish."

He simply smiled.

"How long did you wait for me?" I asked.

He shrugged. "About an hour?"

"You were really dedicated."

"Because I care for you."

I laid back on the bed and peered up at the ceiling with a sigh. I desperately wanted to ask Kayden about whatever he was going through yesterday, but I wouldn't want to stir up anything again, especially when he was back to his peaceful self. Whatever dodgy business Kayden had going on, I didn't want it to get between our friendship.

Unless that happened, I wouldn't get involved.

"You coming back to work?" I asked.

"Yeah. Already spoke to Nathan. He's letting me off."

"You're lucky he's so understanding."

He laughed, and we fell into silence again. I shut my eyes, a feeling of peace settling in. It was a shame that Shanay couldn't come to me and apologise in this fashion. Well ... maybe without the kissing and sensual tension. She would rather act stoosh and give me weird looks at sixth form. All because she would rather stay by her cheating boyfriend's side than admit that I was right about her failing relationships. A shame.

"What's it going to take for you to forgive me?" Kayden asked. He had spoken after a few minutes, as if he had been wracking his brain on how to get things back to normal again.

"Time. And if you don't piss me off for a while then that helps, too."

He chuckled and without missing a beat, Kayden eased on top of me and hovered over my body. "What about this in the meantime?" He bent down and kissed my neck gently, causing my body to stiffen. "Let me make it up to you," he whispered.

I gasped when his teeth sank into my skin, sucking gently. The edge of pain shot a spike of pleasure through me, tingling my nerves. He was confident with my body, as if he already knew what to do with it, which was weird considering we weren't in the position to explore each other like that. In fact ... I still had a boyfriend, as far as Kayden was concerned.

"You know my situation," I reasoned.

"I can't stop when you react like this," he rasped. "You enjoy it."

I gripped the sheets in my hands, refraining from touching him and proving his point. "I can't help that."

"And I can't help this."

"You can."

He looked into my eyes, his lips moist from sucking on my skin. "I don't want to stop."

I gulped and avoided his ardent gaze. "What happened to respecting my relationship?"

"I did, until I realised your boyfriend didn't. So fuck him."

I sighed and held his shoulders, loving the aggressive edge to his voice. Had Kayden realised how unhappy I was with Leon over the past few weeks? I divulged my concerns with Leon and his distant behaviour and Kayden had given me advice. Come to think of it, Kayden wasn't as hands-on back then. The more I told Kayden about my crumbling relationship, the more touchy he became. That was probably when he decided he would do whatever he wanted since Leon wasn't treating me properly. It was bad, but I didn't care anymore.

Kayden turned playful with his kisses, sometimes pecking me on the lips and sometimes raining kisses on my face and jaw. I laughed when he kissed my nose, then he broke away to kiss down to my collarbone.

"Still hate you," I breathed as he nibbled on my skin. I felt him smile.

"I know." Then he continued. He saw through my lie like he always did.

How could one person overwhelm me this much? I was supposed to be firm and impenetrable. Heartless. Uncaring. The old me would have kicked him where the sun didn't shine, but instead, I encouraged him, opened myself up to him—I let him in.

Speaking of letting him in ... we were in a very compromising position right now. Luckily, Kayden stuck to kissing. He pulled away and shifted some stray hairs from my face, studying me with a wistful expression. "I can't get enough of you," he said on my lips.

"Are you attracted to all girls that tell you how much they hate you?"

He chuckled. "You're the only one so far." Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He moved away from me and checked the screen. Then he sighed. "I have to go."

I couldn't help the frown on my face. I wanted to ask why, but I didn't want to sound desperate and needy. "Okay."

He stood up. "Don't miss me too much."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, alright. But if I call you, you'll come running."

He laughed. "Not tonight. Aaliyah's waiting for me."

I sat up then. Sounding needy wasn't my biggest issue anymore. "How come?"

"She's going through some things so she's staying with me tonight."

Staying ... with him?

"In the same bed?" I asked in disbelief.

He noticed my expression. "She's like a sister, man."

"Siblings don't sleep together."

He laughed. "This is different." I stayed silent, and he sat back down beside me, rubbing his face into my neck. "Don't be jealous. It's not like that with her."

I shrugged him off. "I'm not jealous."

"Good. Don't be." He stood up once again. "You'll see me in your dreams, anyway."

I threw a pillow at him but he dodged. "Out!"

He smirked, showing off that dimple, and left. I heard his footsteps descend the stairs and the front door opening and shutting seconds later. I sighed, my mind running rampant at the thought of Kayden sharing his bed with another girl. Sorry. His 'sister'. I knew they were childhood friends, but surely there had to be some boundaries?

I've shared a bed with Kayden, so I knew exactly what it was like to lie there and get sucked in by his sexual aura. Did Aaliyah ever feel the same way? It sounded like they played sleepover often. How many times had their bodies touched? Had they shared a kiss before? Were they ever intimate? All of these things I'd never know. Kayden would never tell me something like that.

She was clearly high on his priority list. The fact that he left me for her was proof enough. All she had to do was text and he galloped to see her. I thought I was the only one with that power. I shouldn't even care this much; they've known each other since birth whereas Kayden and I only met a couple of months ago. I shouldn't care. I don't care. Of course I don't. Why would I?

I grabbed my phone and texted him.

If you touch her, I'll never forgive you

I pressed send and felt 10 times lighter. Kayden wanted nothing more than for me to forgive him, so he would refrain from doing anything that would piss me off. Hopefully. I sighed and threw my phone down. I don't know what was coming over me, but it was intense. Hearing Aaliyah's name really got my back up, but I could never admit that to Kayden. I wouldn't want to give him the satisfaction. He'd think I was jealous. Well, I guess my text gives that impression, but I couldn't take it back now.

Either way, I wasn't a jealous person. Not anymore.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

strayed Par Neelima pradhan

Mystère / Thriller

5.8K 215 18
Nora, a beautiful and independent girl falls for neil, a smart and spunky guy and they start dating leading to a marriage. The marriage turns out to...
123 10 7
"Never love a stranger, you may put your heart in danger."
3.4K 137 34
A story filled with love, beauty, and pain. Read to find out...
301 0 36
Is it betrayal if it's something you really want? Brandon Reed knew pain from a young age. He also knew betrayal. His uncle instilled in him to never...