Dangerous Vibes - Book I of t...

Galing kay Pink_Candy

THIS STORY WAS A WATTY AWARDS 2012 FINALIST FOR VAMPIRE UNDISCOVERED GEMS - 2ND PLACE. Miranda's average life... Higit pa

Story Description
Chapter 1 - Anxious
Chapter 2 - Awkward
Chapter 3 - Happy
Chapter 4 - Butterflies
Chapter 5 - Shock
Chapter 6 - Lust
Chapter 7 - Content
Chapter 8 - Jealous
Chapter 9 - Unsure
Chapter 10 - Reckless
Chapter 11 - Overwhelmed
Chapter 12 - Guilt
Chapter 13 - Desperation
Chapter 14 - Disbelief
Chapter 15 - Confused
Chapter 16 - Distracted
Chapter 17 - Realisation
Chapter 18 - Impulsive
Chapter 19 - Astonished
Chapter 20 - Fear
Chapter 21 - Danger
Chapter 22 - Uncertain
Chapter 23 - Anger
Chapter 24 - Betrayed
Chapter 25 - Defeat
Chapter 26 - Insane
Chapter 27 - Bewildered
Chapter 28 - Brutal
Chapter 29 - Relief
Chapter 31 - Passion
Chapter 32 - Deceived
Chapter 33 - Confronted
Chapter 34 - Doubt
Chapter 35 - Love...?
Chapter 36 - Affection
Chapter 37 - Scared
Chapter 38 - Exhausted
Chapter 39 - Depressed
Chapter 40 - Refreshed
Chapter 41 - Comfortable
Chapter 42 - Surprised
Chapter 43 - Envious
Chapter 44 - Shaken
Chapter 45 - Attraction
Chapter 46 - Temptation
Chapter 47 - Grief
Chapter 48 - Cravings
Chapter 49 - Dread
Chapter 50 - Hatred
Chapter 51 - Dazed
Chapter 52 - Crushed
Chapter 53 - Peaceful
Authors Note

Chapter 30 - Desire

22.1K 301 11
Galing kay Pink_Candy

Chapter 30 - Desire

I suddenly felt so cold, and opened my eyes, only to see that Will was no longer cornering me here to the kitchen bench, and my arms were no longer wrapped around his neck. What the heck had just happened? He literally just disappeared in about one second, so fast that I didn't even see it, and I could still feel the cool trail of air that his abrupt exit had left behind.

I was still breathing frantically, having being worked up from his seduction, but immediately became so frustrated at him. Why would he do that to me? All of the lust and emotions that he'd brought out in me just a moment ago were beginning to subside. Argh! I hated that he did this to me!

I frustratingly bent over to pick up the Nutella tub and spoon that I'd dropped, and placed the spoon into the sink. I rummaged through the draw to pull another one out, and took a large spoon full into my mouth. I think that was all I wanted right now, I was too aggravated to feel like eating anything else.

I put the tub back into the pantry and stormed off back up the stairs, and back into my room. Maybe he only did that to me involuntarily, maybe he was just hungry for blood and I happened to get in the way? Either way though it was cruel. I mean he'd basically caused me to admit to him straight out that I'd missed him, and show him how desperate I was by pulling him into me. Damn him and his stupid irresistible characteristics!

I threw my shoes off and crawled into bed fully clothed, and hoped for yet another dreamless slumber.

Luckily for me when I'd woken up, that was exactly what I'd gotten. It was the next morning, and I'd stupidly slept in my clothes. I could feel them stuck to my skin with sweat, so headed straight for the shower. Once I was done, I decided to dress in something overly nice. Perhaps something seductive. If Will was going to play these games with me, then I'd play them back. I wanted to make him realise what he could have had, and I'd try my hardest now to resist him. How dare he play these mind games with me; tease me at every chance he'd gotten.

I couldn't even remember the last time we'd kissed - if I was correct, we hadn't kissed since that afternoon that he told me he was a vampire! That felt like so long ago. Yet every time I was around him there was so much tension between the two of us, so many times that we should have kissed, that I wanted to kiss him, but we never did. All because of his stupid belief that we could never be together. All because of the stupid vampire society, and his stupid evil brother, Sebastian.

Sebastian - I suddenly was taken back to the night that Will had come to rescue me, how I'd ran away from the two brawling in front of me. What had happened to him? Will found me on the side of the road, so did that mean that will had won? That he'd...he'd...perhaps, killed Sebastian? The thought of it made me shudder, and I also felt a slight amount of pity. I had no idea why I felt some sort of emotion towards Seb, as evil as he was, it would still probably effect me if I'd known he was dead.

So, that's what I was going to do today. I was going to find out from Will what had happened to Seb, and I was also going to try my hardest to make him want me, and reject him back, just like he'd been doing to me, for, what was it, about two weeks? I put on a tight fitting, short white dress, which also happened to show off my cleavage. It wasn't slutty enough to be classed merely as a clubbing dress - I could only barely just get away with wearing it during the day - coupled with a pair of white sandals. I applied some light make up, ensuring to coat my long, seductive lashes with a thick layer of mascara.

I made my way out into the hall, and down the stairs, in search for Will. I headed for the kitchen first, as I could smell that someone had been cooking bacon and eggs, and I was kind of hoping it was Will. I walked in, only to see Jacob standing there by the stove.

"Morning Miranda, I thought you might be hungry." He said before even turning his head to see that it was me. He then turned it slightly to flash me a warm smile, which I happily returned. I hesitantly took a seat at the table, feeling somewhat awkward. I didn't know this man, yet I was intruding in on his house, forcing him to baby sit me, and cook me meals. I felt so invasive.

"You don't have to feel uncomfortable; we wouldn't have you here if we didn't want to." He reassured me, turning around to plate up the delicious smelling meal. He also plated up himself a serve and walked over to the table, serving my plate and taking a seat opposite me.

"Thank you so much Jacob, I really do appreciate what you've done for me." I shyly answered, not sure of what else to talk to him about. I began eating and snuck in a few glances at him. He was incredibly good looking for someone that appeared in their forties. Now I knew where Will had gotten his good looks from.

"So, where's Beth and Will this morning?" I asked, curious as to why they weren't joining us.

"Beth is always quite busy, she has quite a lot of work to do. And Will, he hasn't come back since he left to go hunting last night." He replied with much warmth. It was hard to believe these polite, elegant, almost royal-like people were vampires. And the fact that Will had been out hunting all night kind of scared me a bit. I needed to distract that from my mind...

"So what does Beth do?" I curiously questioned, wondering how on earth they afforded this place. Although that was a silly thought, they were vampires, so who knows how long they'd been living for, of course they would have saved up plenty of money by now.

He paused for a moment, as if trying to gather up the correct words to tell me. "Will hasn't told you yet, has he my dear?" He asked me, looking rather concentrated, deep in thought. He made it sound so serious. But why?

"Um, no..." I meekly replied, feeling a little intimidated that I had been intruding in on their house yet I still never managed to ask them such basic questions.

He paused again. "Let's just say that our roles are closely linked to the government. We have great responsibilities. It's probably best that you don't know the details, it could put not only yourself, but us at risk, from the other vampires." Ok now that was just strange. It sounded like they were involved in some weird secret service type stuff. I decided not to invade anymore, and continue on eating my breakfast. It was a very odd conversation though I thought.

Once we were done, Jacob took our plates to the sink and began to wash up. "Do you want some help? I don't mind, it's not like I have anything better to do." I asked, feeling somewhat useless.

"No, my dear, please don't feel that you have to help out around here. You're a guest here and I don't want you feeling otherwise. The housekeepers come daily anyway, what isn't done around here they'll be sure to finish." He replied, before turning to face the sink once more.

"Um, ok, thanks Jacob." I replied, eager to leave the room from the awkwardness that sat between us. I headed straight for the lounge room couch, and flicked on the TV. I slumped down, feeling a slight bit disappointed that Will wasn't around. I'd dressed up like this for nothing? I got bored of the TV after about ten minutes, so decided to do some snooping around. What the hell, I mean it wasn't like every day you go into hiding in a massive mansion, protected by a bunch of elegant and polite vampires, was it?

I walked around on the ground floor for a bit, across the shiny white marbled floor, observing the beautiful paintings that had lined the walls. They looked so ancient, and so elegant, and were lined with what appeared to be gold plated, intricately patterned frames. I headed up the stairs, and peered down a few hallways. I didn't know which one to make my way down first. I decided to take the one which I was familiar with, the one which not only my room, but Will's room was situated in.

As I approached Will's door, something inside of me was curious to near it. I walked right up to it, and noticed that it wasn't closed completely shut. That was practically an invitation to open it up and invite myself in, right? And that's exactly what I did. I didn't know why but I felt so drawn to his room, almost as drawn as I'd felt to him. I peered around the door and noticed that he wasn't there, thankfully. I closed the door behind me, being careful not to shut it completely, leaving it just the way I'd found it.

His room was so incredibly neat. I wondered if that was because he was a neat freak like me - if he was then I certainly knew that we would get along if we'd lived together. Or perhaps it was just the housekeepers which apparently came daily, probably the more viable option. I walked up to his bed, and took in that intoxicating cologne that I'd always smelt on him. That smell drove me crazy, it had made my heart race. It was funny how strongly linked ones sense of smell was to their emotions. A true detail, in fact, I'd learnt it back in my Physiology class at college.

My heart then jumped as I felt a pair of warm hands on either side of my waist. My instincts caused me to turn around immediately, and defensively prepare myself for an attacker. But that was far from what had startled me. None other than Will was standing there in front of me, with his hands on my waist and mine resting against his rock hard chest, getting ready to shove him away from me. But I didn't. I didn't want to shove him, as much as I'd planned to put my defences up, I didn't want to just yet.

"Miranda, what are you doing in here?" He gently asked me, still gripping my waist and staring down into my eyes. I could see that his were filled with passion, and only slightly dilated, probably due to him having finally fed, and hopefully not becoming completely frenzied with me like he had just last night.

"S-sorry, I was just, I was, looking for you..." I trailed off, becoming completely and utterly lost in his amazingly alluring sapphire eyes. I noticed that his eyes were moving between mine and my lips, yet he looked so serious. I could tell that he too didn't have the strength to resist me either. He just hovered there, inches from my face, gripping my waist, as we stared into each other's eyes and each others lips.

"Will...I...we need to talk." I said so softy, completely mesmerised by his presence. It took so much strength for me to get that out, to try to break the tension that was once again forming between us. I pulled away from him and sat down on the bed. I crossed my legs and leaned on one arm, the other in my lap, attempting to look sexy, to try to make him feel even more uncomfortable.

He just stared at me, and I could see the hunger and the lust in his eyes, although he was trying hard to hide it. He didn't leave my gaze as he made his way towards the bed and took a seat next to me.

"What happened to Sebastian?" I asked, with a bit of involuntary desperation in my voice, something that I hated. He almost rolled his eyes at my question, which had caused him to break my gaze and stare at the floor in frustration. He took in a breath and trailed his eyes back up to mine.

"You'll be happy to know, that I didn't kill him. I'm not like that heartless pig Miranda, I couldn't do it. I just injured him, badly. It would have taken him a good few days to recover." He told me, bitterness in his tone.

I felt relief wash over me, but I had no idea why. Why did I care so much whether Seb was dead or not? I hated that so I immediately pushed it to the back of my mind. I just flashed him a brief sympathy smile, so that he knew I respected that about him. He was clearly nothing like Seb, he actually had a heart deep down within his soul.

"And Seb, he told me everything Will. He told me about my dad. Something that you didn't even have the guts to tell me." I threw at him, staring at him with a completely serious face. I wanted him to know that it had hurt me.

"I'm sorry Miranda, I really am. I didn't think it was the right time for you to know. You had enough on your plate as it was. Everything I do Miranda, is to protect you. I would never want to purposely hurt you Miranda..." He trailed off, moving even closer and closer towards me there on the bed. Before I knew it he'd cupped my cheek with one of his hands, and his face was just mere inches from mine.

"I...I care about you Miranda. I would never want to hurt you." He whispered, so seductively into my ear. I couldn't believe it. Finally, he had finally let out some sort of hint of emotion, he'd exposed to me of how he'd felt about me. And it felt great. The butterflies in my stomach had now exploded, and I almost felt like I wanted to cry. I wasn't expecting him to admit this, and I certainly wasn't expecting to react like this. I was still trying very hard to hold up my defences, not to give in just yet.

He was still staring into my eyes with his amazing sapphire ones, luring me in by my very soul. He was slowly advancing towards my lips, his eyes locked onto them now. I couldn't help but do the same - slowly advance onto his deliciously tempting looking lips. We were now only about a cm apart, just hovering there, so close now, about to ultimately, finally...

OUCH!! I doubled over in pain onto the bed, clutching my head and squeezing my eyes so tight as if to somehow subside the intense migraine-like pain that I had felt so suddenly creep up into my head. It was so incredibly intense that I didn't know what to do with my body, I felt like I was about to pass out. It had literally felt like my head was about to explode.

"Miranda?! Miranda what's wrong?!" Will frantically shouted into my ear, holding me by my shoulders as I laid there on my back in complete and utter agony. Was I having a brain aneurism? Was I about to die?! Not now, please not now, not when Will had just admitted that he cared for me...

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

10.4K 305 30
Abby is a normal girl till she finds her soulmate. With their love and bound, she discovers a part of herself she had no idea existed: her dark side...
63K 2.8K 24
Who wouldn't want a happily ever after; Rafael Constantine had wished for his in a very long time, but alas, fate still didn't answered his prayers...
45.9K 2K 55
*** Fair warning: This story is an acid trip. It's on steroids 24/7*** *Touch is werewolves' love language* What makes a person weak or powerful? Fe...
369K 10K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...