The Ninja of Time

By MultiFangirl7148

You almost never hear about adventure stories that start with a boy getting crushed by a tree. But Omar's sto... More

Chapter 1 A Normal Life
Chapter 2 Time for Training and I'm Getting Started
Chapter 3 Spinjitsu Power Inside
Chapter 4 Sensei Found Him and Warned Him of a Darker Side
Chapter 5 Get up, Get Your Ninja On
Chapter 6 On a Path to Bring Them All to Light
Chapter 7 Take It Out On Garmadon
Chapter 8 Do Not Look the Snakes in Their Eyes
Chapter 9 Straight Home
Chapter 11 The Best Way to Defeat Your Enemy
Chapter 12 To Know Your Enemy
Chapter 13 We Feel Defeated
Chapter 14 Ice
Chapter 15 Lightning
Chapter 16 I Knew the Time Would Come
Chapter 17 Earth
Chapter 18 Fire
Chapter 19 Something to Prove
Chapter 20 Time to Save this City and I'm Ready For It ~Part 1
Chapter 21 Time to Save This City and I'm Ready for It~Part 2
Chapter 22 Gotta Push Our Game
Chapter 23 Gotta Know Your Friend
Chapter 24 Messin' with the Ninja Has a Penalty
Chapter 25 Nobody's Gonna Stop Us Now
Chapter 26: Growing Up is Such a Blast
Chapter 27 Causing History to Unfold
Chapter 28 Danger Lurking in the Depths of Ninjago
Chapter 29: Not One But A Million
Chapter 30: In Too Deep to Cash Out Now
Chapter 31: Ready for the Fight
Chapter 32: Each Second Counts
Chapter 33: Ninjago's in Trouble
Chapter 34: Evil Can't Stay

Chapter 10 Something Ill is Going Down

56 4 0
By MultiFangirl7148

The next morning, the first thing that greeted me wasn't the glorious sunrise, on the amazing Sea of Sand, but a series of loud BANGS. BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Sensei Wu marched into the room with a gong. "Evil doesn't sleep and neither should you! In order to reach your full potential, you must treat every day as an opportunity!" He finished of with two more BANGS.

"If I'm not evil why shouldn't I sleep." I groaned. "Alright, alright. We're up. But if we're going to unlock our Full Potential shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" Kai asked sleepily.

He opened the blinds only for them to fall apart. "You call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress." Cole cracked his back.

"We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters that I guess we lost track of time. Since the serpentine burnt down the monastery I am just glad to have a roof over our heads- BLECH! BLEH!" Jay coughed as he spit out the mud from the faucet.

"I don't lose track of time. I'm the Master of Time." I reached to get my ninja suit, but the dresser fell apart.

"What will be our lesson today Sensei? Mastering the strike of the scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of- Oof!" Zane fell through a floorboard, kicking up a lot of dust and coughing because of it.

"I believe today's lesson will be chores." Sensei said. "Chores?!" We all shrieked in unison.

"Ninja fight Sensei. They do not clean." Cole winced, disgusted by the thought.

I was so tired, that I didn't hear a word of what sensei said. Something about respecting our home and making this place a ninja headquarters or something.

"I expect this place to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it." He finished with a loud gong.

Cole helped Zane out of his mini-crater. "This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up." Kai complained. "Unless we put more than our backs into it. Eh?" Jay smiled.

We all knew he had a plan. We used our golden weapons and Spinjitzu to clean up, and to install it plumbing, electricity, to clean, air our the sails, fix the wood, and even to get three bar wifi! Thanks Jay.

We were playing Spinjitzu Smash DX, the game I dominate in, when Sensei and Nya came home.

"Wow! This place looks amazing! You guys did all this?" Nya asked in disbelief. "Ninja don't just fight, Nya, they clean." Cole smirked. "You need to have more faith in us." I bragged.

"You have exceeded my expectations, but can you keep it up?" Sensei asked. "I can keep beating you guys for the high score!" I laughed.

Then, there was loud beeping outside. "Looks like we have visitors. And loud ones at that." Nya said.

"Aw, it's my parents." Jay sulked. "Please, if they start talking, just don't em going, 'cause they don't know when to quit! And you start talking then they start talking and before you know it half the day is gone before you know it and it's not even-" Jay was cut off, allowing him to breathe.

"We get it! They talk a lot. Cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom." Kai mumbled.

We all went outside to see a large car, and two, uh, golden agers piloting the thing. Jays mom and dad walked up to us.

"Oh, it's my baby boy! It's been so long since we heard from you." His mom squealed. "Ma! I called you two days ago." Jay tried to hide his embarrassment.

"Well, that's not soon enough son. Say, when are you coming back to the junkyard? You say you're coming and then you don't." His dad smiled.

"Do you have to talk about the junkyard around my friends?" He asked. I seriously had to try not to laugh by now, and I could see the others were straining too. Even Sensei Wu couldn't hide a smirk.

"He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard." His mom teased. That felt so good. His mom turned to Nya.

"Oh, and who are you? You are so cute! You're just my son's type." She almost sang. Now, we all know Nya HATES being called cute, but she handled it surprisingly well.

"It's a pleasure meeting you. I'm sure if you want, Jay could give you the tour. He very hard on it." She recovered.

"We'd love a tour!" They chorused. "Two old people should not be able to be so perky!" I whispered to Kai.

We followed Jay around while he gave the tour, and while his mom told us more humiliating stories. I literally almost died restraining laughter.

"Is And this is the Bridge." Jay said as we got to the controls. He pulled down a periscope. "This tells us what's going on in Ninjago. And this." He said, gesturing to the cappuccino machine.

"When a serpentine isn't giving us the answers we want, and we're up late at night-" Jays parents cut him off. "A neuro-apparatus to read their minds?" His mom said, excitedly.

I have absolutely no clue what his dad said, but it's something to make someone talk. "No. A cappuccino machine." Jay said bluntly. "That you're not allowed to touch." I added. Jay glared at me.

"Why don't you tell them about the button?" Cole asked mischievously. I seriously needed to excuse myself now.

"Hehe. It's not ready yet." Jay said, grinding his teeth. "You okay, Omar?" Kai whispered to me. I nodded and kept holding my breath and biting my tounge.

"Ooh, what's the button?" His mom asked, adding to Jays humiliation. "He's working on a special defense system." Zane said. "Something everything ninja headquarters needs." Kai added.

"Oh, what does it do? Can I help?" Jays dad asked, observing the red button. "No, I don't your help dad. Let's just leave it alone. Hey, look at the time, don't you need to get going? I told you there are dangerous serpentine." Jay rushed.

The smile disappeared from his parents face, killing my urge to laugh. "I suppose we could get back." His dad said.

"Edna, it was a pleasure hearing about Jays first potty time." Cole with a smirk. "And the time he swallowed his toothbrush when he was learning to brush his teeth." I said finally letting out some of my laughter.

"If you think that was good, let me tell you about the time I caught him kissing his pillow." Edna told us.

My eyes widened and I had yet another wave of laughter to let out. "Snakes, Ma! Snakes!" Jay flailed his hands in the air.

"Okay, we're going, we're going." She started to walk out of the door. We followed close behind. They got back into their large car and started the engine.

"So you promise to come to the junkyard to visit your mother and father?" His mom asked eagerly.

"Yes, I promise, but only if you leave. I don't want you getting hurt, it's getting dark. Your headlights are working right?" Jays asked.

Two lights blasted from the headlights, sending me writhing to the ground. "Like 'em? I used a little extra juice."

The light turned off as they drove away. "Bye son! Couldn't be more proud!" His dad shouted.

"And bring Nya with you when you come. I can see why you like her." His mom called. "Mom!" Jay grunted.

"Now that they have left, perhaps Jay can teach us the art of, kissing pillows." Sensei chuckled. "Ugh!" Jay groaned. We all burst out laughing, satisfying my urge.

We had our dinner, which we threw at each other, and went to sleep.

The next morning, Jay was working on the button, and we were working on various different tasks.

"Sure do have a lot of junk piling up. If only there a place where we could get rid of it..." Kai trailed off. "If you don't mind, I'm trying to focus." Jay said.

"Hi mom and dad. Of course, I'd love to visit! What kind of son would I be if I didn't want to?" Cole said into his phone. We all knew he wasn't talking to anyone but Jay.

"I see what you're trying to do. Look, I know I promised to visit my parents, but I have a lot of stuff on my plate." He told us. We all heard Nya come in to the room.

"Hey Nya." Jay said, swooning like a girl. "You gonna visit your parents today?" She asked him. "Uh, yeah. Just about to leave." He lied. "Tell them I say hi." She walked out.

We watched her leave in awe. Then we looked angrily at Jay. "What? So my plates not that full." He said. "On the bright side, we found a way for him to do our chores." I whispered to Kai.

We walked into the daylight and tried to ride our dragons. They wouldn't budge!

"Come on, Wisp! It'll be a quick visit, just in and out. Nothing more!" Jay grunted at his dragon. Then Sensei Wu came with a dragon-sized thermometer.

"It is as I suspected. The dragons are molting. They're shedding their scales." I looked at the piles of turquoise, blue and white scales in Infinity's pen.

"What does that mean?" Jay asked. "It means their skin is falling off you dipstick." I said. Sensei kept going.

"Every adolescent dragon goes through a transformation before it becomes an adult. We must allow them the travel to the Spirit Coves for their transformation to be complete." He finished.

"Rocky's going east?" Cole asked. "Say it ain't so, Rocky." Cole said sadly. "What do you care? A month ago, we had to glue you to your saddle." I said.

Cole made a face then went back to petting his dragon. "Looks like I have to go on this long walk, all by myself. Sure would be nice to have company..." Jay said to Nya.

She nodded, but just to tease him, we decided to come. "Of course we'll go buddy!" Cole said. "I could use a break." Kai added. "All you had to do was ask." Zane said innocently.

"I want to hear more embarrassing stories, I mean, visit your parents." I stuttered. "Ugh." Jay groaned.

We walked along a path in the baking heat as our dragons flew off. "Of all the days to lose our ride." Jay complained.

"You never told us why that flute is so special." Zane said to Sensei. "Long ago, there were many flutes, created to drive the serpentine underground. But Ninjago has long since forgotten its ancestors wisdom, and this is the only one left." Sensei explained.

"I get the lesson. Respect your elders or suffer the consequences. Gosh, you guys are laying it on thick!" Jay said to us.

"Perhaps you are only hearing what you need to hear." Sensei told him. Jay stopped to look inside the junkyard. "What is it?" Nya asked.

"It's quiet. My family's never quiet!" Jay flipped on his good and ran in, and we followed him. He ran over to an old porta-potty and kicked it open.

His parents were inside, struggling to get on. Jay ripped the duck tape off of their mouths. They looked really sick.

"Oh, sweetheart, you came!" Edna said to Jay. "But you gotta get outa here! You shouldn't have come, it's the sssnakes!" Ed hissed.

"The bite of the Fangpyre! Once they sink their teeth, their venom can turn anything into a serpent! It's only a matter of time before the transformation is complete!" Sensei said.

Then we heard a noise, like a huge vehicle. A wrecking ball came from around a corner. The creepy part is, the thing had eyes!

"Is that wrecking ball staring at me?" Cole asked. "Duck!" Jay yelled. The wrecking ball swung at us, we jumped out of the way and Jay tackled his parents.

Then we saw the little, black hooded menace. "Lloyd!" Sensei shouted.

"Hello, uncle! I see we're not the only family reunion. I'm glad you brought the ninja. I could use some help taking out the trash." Lloyd laughed.

"That kid is seriously getting annoying!" I growled. "If you want to change your parents back, we need the anti-venom from the staff!" Nya told Jay.

"Second dose! To the dirt!" Cole commanded. We all dropped to the ground as the wrecking ball almost crushed us. As the dust cleared, we saw about 20 Fangpyre coming towards us.

"Easier said than done sis. We're bid outnumbered!" Kai readied his sword. "That was never a problem before!" I yelled, preparing my Glaive.

"Nobody messes with my family!" Jay charged in with his nunchucks and beat off some snakes. He Spinjitzued the next wave into oblivion, and we followed behind him. Jay managed to get the wrecking ball jammed in some junk.

"Young nephew! Must I teach which side you should be on?" Sensei shouted at Lloyd. He turned up the music to spite him.

"Sorry uncle! Can't hear you!" We chased some more snakes off with Spinjitzu. Next thing I saw, a giant robot came from the same place as the wrecking ball.

"What is that thing?" Jay asked. "It was supposed to be in your honor, son, but, do you like it?" Ed asked Jay. "Thanks, but no thanks!" Jay said as we ran away. "I'd like it better if it wasn't trying to kill us!" I yelled.

We ran back around the corner, just to see the wrecking ball was free. "Why'd you have to be born in a junkyard?" Cole asked as we ran. "I know, tell me about it!" Jay responded.

"Look out!" I screamed as the wrecking ball swung at us. For a few seconds, we were all in a cloud of dust. When it cleared, everyone but Jay was there!

"Uh, weren't there five of us?" Kai asked. "And now that idiot is on the death machine." I said as I looked up.

The rest of the guys looked up to see Jay jump off the wrecking ball and take out the operator. But then the robot had caught up with us, and it swung a pair of giant nunchucks!

Cole blocked it with his Scythe for a while. "Don't worry, I got it!" He strained. We could all see he was going down.

"I told you, I had it." Cole said as the wrecking ball knocked out the mech. "No you didn't, stop lying." I told him. "Retreat!" Lloyd shouted.

"He's getting away with the staff!" Nya observed. "Ah. Right now would be a good time to have those dragons." Jay said.

"Unh, it's okay, son." Ed told Jay. His parents looked really sick now. "There is still a way." Sensei said. "How?" Jay asked.

"Part of reaching your own full potential is understanding your weapon's potential. Once it is in tune with a focused heart, its secrets and powers can be unlocked." Sensei told us.

"What? This is not the time to be cryptic." Jay panicked. "He's saying our weapons are vehicles themselves." Zane explained.

"This would be great info if we got it on the way here. Besides I can't drive or fly this thing. It's a gold boomerang!" I yelled. "Don't tell me I have to ride this like a broom stick?" Kai complained.

Sensei ignored us. "Jay, concentrate on unlocking your golden weapon. Let your heart guide you. Imagine you're taking flight." He said.

Jay then looked extremely focused, and he swung his nunchucks around, almost hitting my face. But when we was done, instead of wielding nunchucks , he was piloting an awesome lightning jet!

"Whoa! Ha-ha! Did I just do that?" I heard him say from inside. Then Kai gave it a try. He looked super epic as a flaming read and gold motorbike appeared from thin air.

"I'm not gonna be last!" I said as I spun my glaive. I flung it through the air and it flew around me, making a super cool, dual rocket propelled hover board! "Haha! How cool is this?"

Then Zane did some classic, Zane-y shuriken techniques. He formed an epic snowmobile out of pure ice!

Then Cole swung his Scythe in dead awesome ways, formed a mound of earth and out of it came an amazing, all terrain, almost monster truck-like roader!

"Hate to hurt Rocky's feelings, but I think he's just been replaced." Cole said.

We raced off to catch the serpentine. Jay flew right past the snakes helicopter, disorienting the pilot.

"Oops. Ha-ha. Overshot that a little." We heard Jay say through the radio. He turned the jet around. "I got it Jay!" I shot a rocket into the windshield of the copter, shaking and confusing everyone on board!

"Let's see what this baby can do." Jay said, but then, the aircraft shook, making him do really weird maneuvers. He grabbed the staff in the confusion, surprising us and the general.

"I got it? I got it!" Jay exclaimed. Then his vehicle disappeared and he started to fall and scream! "Jay, you have to concentrate!" Kai yelled from below. "I cant!" He screamed.

He continued to fall from the sky, bracing for inevitable impact. "We're gonna have to catch him." Cole said. We looked at each other and went for him.

"I got him." Kai said. "No, I got him!" Cole grunted. "I'll catch him!" I yelled. "He's mine." Zane says. We all lost focus and crashed, and I fell from the air too!

Thankfully, Nya drove Jay's parents car to catch us. I landed head first in the back seat. "Heh, nice catch." Jay chuckled. "Oh, I knew I liked this girl." Edna hissed.

"Everyone, attack!" The Fangpyre general yelled. The guys on the ground tried to reactivate their vehicles, but nothing worked!

"Huh? Why isn't it working?" Kai yelled. "Your weapon is merely an extension of your mind. If your mind is immobile, so is your weapon." Sensei explained.

"Oh, boy. Oh gosh. Oh, golly. Oh, darn. Get in, boys!" Ed told the three of them. They hopped in and we drove back to the Bounty.

"We have to get back to headquarters!" Jay said. "Come with me." Nya said to Jays parents. "Once we reverse the venom, we can fix you."

"Man the stations, everyone!" Jay commanded. We readied the defenses for the incoming horde. "Jay, we better hurry." Kai panicked.

"I've been waiting for this moment." Jay hit the button, but it didn't work!
"They're gaining on us!" Kai worried. "Faster Jay!" I yelled.

"Bottoms up." Ed said as he and Edna downed the anti venom. They turned back into relatively normal people again!

"Unh, I don't get what's wrong. I spent forever on this. It's supposed to work." Jay complained as he hit the button. "Uh, son, maybe I can help?" Ed asked Jay.

"Dad. You're okay?" He asked. "You're darn tooting. Oh, let's have a look." He said. "Oh, yeah, uh-huh. Oh, that should do it. Now try it." He said.

The Bounty shook, and rose into the air, then flew off. This was so cool we now lived on a flight ship!

"We'll get you back to the junkyard just as soon as we see the coast is clear. But stay as long as you'd like. It's nice having you here." Jay smiled warmly.

"Oh, take a note, Edna. Of all our inventions, this one is our greatest." Ed put his hand on Jays shoulder. "I already know, dear." Edna said.

That night, Cole was supposed to make dinner, but to make a good impression, Zane took over. That night we slept well, Jay even let his parents tell us one last embarrassing story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 47 13
Jay is back with the ninja. But what they don't know, is that he isn't on their team. Along with all the failures that have been happening, Kai ends...
5K 170 41
"Get them out of here, that's all Ive ever wanted." It's all started as a simple case. A case of a few people that had gone missing. It was nothing n...