~Just Like Rules, Promises Ar...

By MidnightShadow32

~An unforgettable past, An overwhelming present, and a treacherous fut... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Chapter 2 Part 13
Part 14
Part 15

Part 9

191 4 2
By MidnightShadow32

(sorry bout that i forgot to put a certain part but now its fixed :) hope you enjoy also I put the music video Monster by Skillet because it goes with how Jason feels about himself x3)

~Midnights POV~

I don't know what has gotten into him! I tried to struggle, but his grip wouldn't loosen.

"What the hell happened in there!?" His voice sounded harsh, angry, pissed, any other word I couldn't think of that means mad! Maybe even a hint of worry. "Why did you hesitate! Imagine this was a real life situation where it was either you or him, then what would've you done if nobody was there to help you?!" My own temper was rising, but just like when I was arguing with Mr. Gustav it suddenly just vanished.

"I never asked you to jump in! I had things under control." I weakly fought back knowing very well that he had a point. What could've happened if he didn't notice, let alone wasn't there? Would the others had done the same thing he had and taken Damien away or would've they joined in?

"Maybe you hadn't noticed, but you were practically giving yourself up to him!" He stated tightening his grip. "He had you compelled yet you were able to shake it off, and instead of taking advantage of that you choked!" I was on the verge of tears from the pain I felt after the fight with Damien and Isaac's grip seeing as how the adrenaline rush ended from the sudden turn of events.

"I was caught of guard! What did you expect? I never saw a vampire that way before..." I recalled watching Damien -white as snow, with black holes for eyes, and fangs that seemed sharp enough to pierce through steel. This caused Isaac to loosen his grip and let go of me as regret caressed his face.

"But I told you before what was to come.." He stated softly now as if he was talking to a child. I wiped the tears away.

"One thing is knowing another completely different is seeing." I said as I grew ashamed of my weakness.

"Then next time when your in a dangerous position don't hold back! Once your in a safe place that's when you could ask questions."

Then Isaac had a thoughtful look and placed a hand on top of my head.

"Have you ever seen a wolf before?"

~Jason's POV~

Stop, Drop, and Roll

This allowed me to avoid being mauled by the other two students who were in their wolf form. I haven't transformed only because I was scared. Just the idea of becoming the monster, that had murdered innocent people, by choice was killing me.

I could feel it though -the monster- just scratching beneath my skin, asking to be released, wanting to defeat these idiots...

Stepping aside I dodged the first wolf and punched him in the muzzle to make him turn away from me. Then I did a round house kick to the other one that tried to sneak up behind me.

The monster in me was pleased by my technique, but it wanted more, it wanted to be free..

Our teacher was the beta wolf Johnson. Apparently Michael, my uncle, got the position as the alpha wolf and promoted Johnson to be his second hand man. He looked like the kind of person to get his way through force. He had a dark tan, brown eyes, and a military hair cut.

The night of the massacre crossed my mind as well and I recalled my uncle forcing me to leave the pack with just the bloody clothes I wore, my bear, and necklace. Banishing me from the home I grew up in without even keeping in mind that I was but a kid.

Distracted, my movements became sluggish and one of the wolves bit my calf, but before she could do any real damage the other wolf grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me away from her throwing me against the wall. I heard a horrible crack as my back made contact with the wall, but Johnson didn't do anything, on the contrary he was enjoying every bit of my suffering.

He wanted me to undergo pain...

I tried to get up using the wall as support, but the calf wound hadn't healed yet and my arm had puncture holes that were bleeding excessively. Before I was able to recover the wolf girl tried to tackle me, but I just dropped down to the ground and in doing so she hit the wall causing her to knock out from the impact. She had landed on me all limp and turned back to her human form, but just as quickly though Johnson sent another student to take her place. I threw the girl off of me, but the other wolf was on top of me in order to pin me down and he tried to bite my face but I used both my arms to push his head up even though my wounded arm was slowly healing. The replacement kid hadn't transformed and took advantage of my position to kick my head.

Little stars were covering my view as I tried to blink it away.

The wolf that was on top also turned to his human form, but stood where he was on me and tried to punch my face instead. Then I noticed that more students surrounded us and they joined in by kicking me!

Everything was going dark as I struggled to block the kids punches by trying to give some of my own, but I grew weaker and weaker as everybody overpowered me.

Even the monster was growing quiet as if he was suffering the same cruelty as me.

Until the pain vanished....

The only thing I heard was someone screaming my name, but the numbness was more welcoming so I gave into it....

~Midnight POV~

"JASON!!" I shrieked

Isaac took immediate action and ran up to the teacher. "Call Them Off Now!!" He ordered as the man merely crossed his arms.

I wasn't about to let this continue.

Crossing the room as fast as possible I stopped in front of the bastards and tried to squeeze through, but the outer group of the circle pushed me out.

Then behind me I heard a grunt and I spun around in time to witness Isaac knock the man down, then getting on top of him in order to grab a hold of the mans shirt, bringing his face a mere few centimeters away from his own. "I just gave you an order Johnson..."

Venom poured out of his lips as his eyes held no emotion. "Either you do things the easy way now and suffer the consequences or suffer an even more deadly punishment.." Isaac didn't finish for he grabbed hold of Johnson's finger and twisted it back causing a horrifying popping noise to echo in the whole basement floor. The man looked like he was about to scream, but Isaac covered Johnson's mouth with his other hand.

As this was happening I had tried punching the students' backs and kicking them but they weren't phased!

It was only until this Johnson guy was about to scream that everybody stopped what they were doing and looked at their mentor. I took the advantage and went through the crowd and saw Jason on the ground covered in blood. Crouching down I tried to wake him up, but he didn't move. I was scared, my body trembled, I looked around but nobody noticed me except for two kids on the other side of the room.

They didn't seem like part of this crowd, more like they were trying to stay away. They looked sad and I realized that it was for Jason's well being

"Everyone line up against the wall" Johnson stated once Isaac whispered something to him an got off of him.

All of the students -more like robots- did as they were told.

I was crying now as I cradled Jason's bloody body. "Jason everything's going to be alright, just stay with me now" I bellowed as I began rocking him back and forth.

Isaac then looked at Johnson "Lets have a private chat outside" There was only one way to get to this floor and that was where the two teachers headed. The moment the door closed behind them I knew that they were just going to be gone for a few seconds but I felt the sudden feeling of being surrounded. My crying was growing stronger as I hugged Jason's limp body

"Why would a girl like you try to protect this monster?" One girl asked in disgust but I ignored her

"That Jason is weak no wonder his parents died so easily! They must've been just as pathetic as he was!"

I had a crawling feeling in my head like someone was digging into my mind.

'Get them'

The moment I heard that voice I felt all the anger that had mysteriously disappeared before just shoot through my body. Everything that had me angry or should've normally gotten me infuriated was engulfing me as the memories were running through my mind: Jason's story of being framed, Emily's outburst about my friends, getting lost in the halls, the way people treated me as a child, the weaknesses I have, losing to Damien, Mr. Gustav disrespect, Johnson's unforgivable actions, the beasts attacking me friend and now the condition Jason's in...

My crying abruptly stopped. My heart began pounding at odd intervals. I put Jason down slowly on the ground as I noticed a bright light come from my collar's gem.

Nobody in this room had theirs on -maybe because they were given permission to take it off by Johnson- but that didn't matter.

All I know is that the two kids in the background were on the ground pressing their backs against the wall as if trying to get away. All the other kids were looking at me as I got up slowly with my bangs covering my eyes.

"Aw did the poor little girl get her feelings hurt?" The leader -I assumed- was in the back of the crowd and when he spoken up with a mocking tone everybody cleared a way.

I couldn't think straight! all of my movement felt controlled...

Without looking up I spoke with a whisper knowing very well that it would force them to listen. "Who was it?"

Everybody seemed to notice something was off but the leader spoke up.

"It was I Johnson's son, Edward and the pack..."

I prevented him from continuing as the gem started flashing from a dark blue to an almost pitch black...

"so it was all of you?"

"What if it was..." He didn't finish, my body moved according to what ever force was possessing it.

I ran up to Edward at a speed that surpasses even the vampires and I saw the fear etched in his eyes, as time slowed, and they showed me the demon that was unleashed..

The gem shattered unable to contain whatever energy it was withdrawing from me, the same pitch black that was in the gem escaped and was slowly engulfing all of us.

The only escape in the room slammed open, Isaac was running towards us as Johnson followed all battered, but just like us time was slowing them down...

Everybody's speed slackened, but just before the dark light flooded us completely, I saw my manifestation in Edward's eyes just seconds before my fist made contact with him...

My eyes were a demonic blood red....

Time resumed....

Isaac had outstretched his hand in a hopeless attempt to reach me...

The light blinded everybody...

Within seconds screams of pain was heard as I blacked out.....

An inhuman laughter filled the darkness....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote or comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 257 22
They were supposed to have a normal life. Instead they must save the world. Five teens are whisked off to a parallel world, Paravald, where they mus...
470K 6.9K 32
"I’ve been beaten, I’ve been raped, and I’ve been battered and bruised, ruined all around. I don’t like to trust, I don’t like it when boys look at m...
223K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
484 99 26
After a spectacular fail of some of Jessy's GCSE's she finds herself in the worst possible situation. The finding of some of the most heartbreaking n...