Harry potter and the war of l...

By paterdave2

This is a Harry Potter Fanfiction. I don't own any rights they all are J.K.Rowlins The story starts the day a... More

Harry potter and the war of life
Chapter 2 Home sweet home
Chapter 3 Sirius' Return
Chapter 4 Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 5 Details and Arrangements
Chapter 6 Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 7 At the ministry
Chapter 8 Statements and Confrontation
Chapter 9 A birthday to remember
Chapter 10 Trouble in paradise
Chapter 11 Letters
Chapter 12 The three broomsticks
Chapter 13 Diagon Alley
Chapter 14 George
Chapter 15 the Hogwarts express
Chapter 16 The New Teachers
Chapter 17 first lesson
Chapter 18 A lunar problem
Chapter 19 Meeting the Baylay's
Chapter 20 wolf talk
Chapter 21 Revelations
Chapter 22 Fighting Voldemort
Chapter 23 More revelations
Chapter 24 What is it with Malfoy
Chapter 25 Halloween
Chapter 26 Something Forgotten
Chapter 27 Wandless Wonders
Chapter 28 Travel arrangements
Chapter 29 Unexpected
Chapter 30 What to give to the Weasley's
Chapter 31 Fight with Ginny
Chapter 32 Talks with Molly
Chapter 33 Change of plans
Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters
Chapter 36 Arriving for diner
Chapter 37 Diner
Chapter 38 Talks
Chapter 39 Taking Dudley home
Chapter 40 Trip to Paris
Chapter 41 Trouble at the ministry
Chapter 42 Back at Hogwarts
Chapter 43 Decisions
Chapter 44 The voice of Hogwarts
Chapter 45 What to do with Sirius
Chapter 46 Draco Forgiven
Chapter 47 New Problems
Chapter 48 Trapped
Chapter 49 New information
Chapter 50 The Leader
Chapter 51 Wonders and attacks
Chapter 52 No time to Celebrate
Chapter 53 Letters from home
Chapter 54 Family Talks part 1
Chapter 55 Family Talks part2/Last train ride

Chapter 35 Unexpected presents

590 10 1
By paterdave2

AN/ Well here it is finally.

It took me a little longer than I thought it would.

Thanks all of you for the comments and the votes.

I really like hearing from you.

Chapter 36 is already in the making and I can say that will also have a small surprise.

Happy reading.

END AN/

Chapter 35 Unexpected presents

Harry woke up and when he looked around he could not see the presents. 

He than knew that the elves had done as he ordered and had collected all the presents when everybody was sleeping. He went to the bathroom and dressed. He went downstairs to instruct the elves about how he wanted breakfast, also he instructed them that Mrs. Weasley would help them with diner. The elves started protesting that they didn't want to have help and that they would make their master and his family a great diner. Harry let them go on for some time. But when he looked at the clock and saw the time he worried that breakfast would not be done in time if he didn't stop this. "Listen up everybody." he said out loud. All the elves went quit at once. "Look if you don't want her to help I will order you all out of the kitchen and let her make diner. It was her wish or else she would have all of us moved to the Burrow and you would have nothing to do. I changed the plans to come here she was already planing a dinner. I will not let my change of plans destroy her wish to make a great diner. You hear me!!!!!!" The last part he said with extra force. All the elves were quit and looked at Harry. Granny walked over to him. "Master isses not pleased with his elves and wants usses be supervised by mistresses mother?" She asked him. Harry looked at his elves. All of them looked hurt and beaten as they all had disappointed him. "No Granny," he said. "You all did great work. With the Manor and with all the food that you have served us. It is that Mrs. Weasley has been looking forward to making this diner that I don't want to take it away from her." Granny looked at him, she was the oldest of the elves and all the elves looked up to her. "Master is good wizard," She said."We elves will help Mistresses mother if she askses us. If she wanses us gone we will leave her be. Please Master for rest lets usses do all work is ourses duty." Granny looked at Harry and than at all the other elves. "As youses heard we will does as Madam Weasley askses of uses." Granny said to the rest of the elves. 

All the elves agreed with her. "Thank you Granny" Said Harry. "We did also as Master said and collected presents and placed them under tree in large living room." Twinky said. "Thank you all," Harry said as he bowed to his elves. "You all did great with that." After the praise and bow of their Master all the elves looked proud of themselves. Harry went to wait in the dining room he wanted to wait there for the others. He was just wondering how Ron's reaction will be when he discovers that his presents were not at the end of his bed when he heard him screaming. "WHAT NO PRESENTS!!!!!!" Harry laughed out loud at this. "What have you done Harry?" It was Hermione who jut had entered the dining room."Nothing, well nothing huge. I just asked the elves to collect all presents to the open them all together nothing more. He just has to wait after breakfast before he can open them." Ron came running down the stairs. He was still in his boxer. "Harry my presents are gone. I charmed mine so they would appear late at night and now they are gone." He looked as he had overlooked something. "Oh Merlin." He said. "I didn't change the spell so they are probably at the Burrow." Harry looked at his friend. "We will let an elf check that later don't worry." He said. "First you have to put some clothes on." he laughed. Ron now noticed he only wore his boxer. He went as red as his hair and ran back upstairs to get dressed and a shower. Hermione and Harry were crying with laughter when Ginny entered. "Who was screaming?" She asked. "I could hear it even when the shower was running." "That would be your brother." Said Hermione. "He even came running down in his boxer to check if we knew where the presents were." Ginny laughed at this. "Well I hope he will be dressed when he gets down again." Ginny joked. Harry got up and excused himself for a second. He never thought about that the presents would be at the Burrow. He went to the kitchen where he knew that all his elves would be. When he walked in Granny looked up and bowed to him. 

"Breakfast almost done Master." She said to him. "Thank you Granny but I have a question." said Harry. "Did all the presents arrived here even the ones that were at the Burrow?" "yes Master." Granny said. "Twinky and Kreacher got all that was at the Weasley homestead and brought it here. They checked this morning early if they has forgotten anies." The elf told her master with a bow. Harry was relieved that his elves were such loyal and hard working servants. No he thought not servants. He didn't want any servants he wanted them as friends. He knew that the elves always would see him as their Master but well he could dream. He walked back to Ginny and Hermione and when he entered he could see that the rest was also down. Ron still looked worried because his presents were gone. Harry called Granny to say breakfast could be served. They ate and after breakfast Harry told them they would have some tea in the living room. Hermione and Ginny went in after Harry as they wanted to see Ron's face when he would see all the presents here. 

When Ron entered as the last one in the line his jaw dropped as he saw the stack of presents. "WOW!" He said. Harry, Ginny and Hermione broke out laughing. "You knew!" Ron said. "Well Hermione just found out this morning but Ginny knew what I planned yeah." Harry told him. When Molly looked at the stack and recognized the wrappings of her presents she looked at Harry. "Harry how?" She asked. Harry knew what she meant and told her that he ordered the elves that he wanted all presents here at the Manor. The elves were so smart that they went to the Burrow to collect the presents of everybody that had not brought them with them. Molly nodded her understanding. "Your elves are very loyal Harry treat them well." She said. "I know and will." Said Harry. "Can we open them now?" Ron complained. "yes Ron we can." said Harry. He passed the first present to his friend who opened it with excitement. 

When Ginny opened Harry's first present she was stunned. It was a necklace with a small heart with two wands over it side by side. At the tip of the wands there were two small diamonds. "it is gorgeous." she said. Hermione looked at Harry as she knew what he had talked about to get Ginny. After some time she got his second present. When she unwrapped it there was a little note with it and four packages. She opened the note. The first line she read for herself, but as it said that she should read it out loud she asked everybody to be quit and started reading. 

"Dear Ginny. 

When I first started to think about a present for you I thought it would be great to give you something that you never expected.  

I thought a lot and wanted to take you to the most romantic and magical place there is. 

Because I didn't knew anything about those places but I knew a very good friend who had traveled a lot so when we discussed this a plan was made. After telling your parents what I wanted to do I hope you want to join me for a little trip. We will go the 27th and be back at the 30th. In your present are 4 small packages. I hope you want to give them to the persons they are labeled for.  

Love Harry"

She looked at the gifts and could see now that they had her name on one of them on the other ones were Ron, Hermione and her parents. 

She gave all the presents to the right person and looked at them. They all opened their present at the same time. Ginny looked at the destination she had heard of it and knew it was great. Hermione looked at her package and when she noticed she was also invited to go on the trip she looked at Harry. Ron also looked at him. "Harry what is this?" He asked. 

Molly opened her package and when she read she and her husband also were going on a trip to the romantic city of Rome, she also looked at Harry.  

"Harry please tell me this is not the reason I denied the plan of Ginny." She said to Harry. Harry blushed a bit. "Well I am afraid that it is a bit of both." He said. "I already bought the trip for you but did not tell Ginny or Ron to surprise all of you. But when I came back I was told that Ginny had written to you to go on a trip. I could not have you buy a trip because you were already getting one." Harry explained. Molly looked at her daughter. "I am truly sorry dear, I had no idea. All I knew was Harry was planning on taking you on a trip and that when I was asked to decline your request I got a bit carried away." Molly said to Ginny. "It is alright mom." Was Ginny's reply. "Harry told me about his plan on sending you on a trip the morning after that big fight we had. I was angry at first when I heard he was the reason you wrote me that letter but when he explained why I was just happy it work out as it did." She added. Molly smiled at her daughter as she knew what she was referring to. After the great presents of George and Sirius all gifts were unpacked. "Harry there is another present for you." It was Hermione who had seen the present with a red ribbon that almost lay behind the tree. It had a letter with Harry's name attached to it. 

Harry opened the letter and read. 

"Dear Harry. 

You have a very very smart owl. 

I had bought you this present when I remembered that I did not have your addresses. 

At that moment an white owl came to me when I was out and followed me home. Than I remembered you had an white owl so I thought it should be yours.  

I hope you are well and also that small boy Damien is also doing good at school and that you are not to hard on him. 

Please let me know how you are doing, and have a great Christmas. 

With Love 

Dudley"

Harry could not believe it. He had received a present from his cousin. He had bought Dudley some wizarding stuff like some chocolate frogs. He had spelled the present with the letter - that told him that he better could open it when he was alone and not let his parents see it.- to appear in in his bedroom when his aunt was not there, but he never thought he would get a present from his cousin himself. 

"It is from Dudley." He said with disbelief still in his voice. 

He let the others read the letter while he unwrapped the present. It was a book -The Lord of the rings. When Harry opened it a small note fell out.  

"Harry, when you told me what happened last year about that war you were in I remembered this book I had read. It is about a war in a far and magical land and also has wizards in it(wow I wrote the w- word hahaha) I hope you get some comfort in it. I thought that it showed a lot of the problems the characters went through. 

Dudley"

Harry could not believe what he was reading. He would read it when he was more ready for it. Hermione looked at the book and smiled. "That is a great book." she said. "I would not read it just yet if I were you but well that is your choice."  

"I think I will wait some more before I read it." Harry said to her. 

"Why Harry?" Ron asked. 

"This book is about a war with wizards and other magical creatures." Said Hermione.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.2K 1.1K 47
The life of a girl who felt she was second best to everyone but one day a secret is revealed and she finds out she isn't where she belongs. Follow In...
34 18 17
This is a Hogwarts story. I do not what to say. All rights go to JK Rowling except my characters.
363K 9.7K 50
The Battle of Hogwarts has ended. The damage has been repaired and the school is re opening. Life in the wizarding world is resuming and everyone is...
220K 4.2K 65
a sirius black love story *currently editing* ••• i do not own the rights to any of the characters except maude collins and her family ••• #1 in fanf...