Unexpected (Chicago Med) Unde...

By fangirling_slightly

"Sometimes the greatest stories come from the most unexpected places." The best love story is when you fall i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Merry Christmas!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
book two

Chapter 16

1.3K 24 2
By fangirling_slightly

Two Days later...

Sophia and I were talking on our way to our patients room. "So, would you like to go out for a drink or something tonight? We don't have work tomorrow." I ask her. (I know that they still have to work weekends and stuff, but in my story they get the weekend's off, and someone else does those shifts.) "Yeah sure, sounds fun." She answers excitedly.

"Hello sir, My name is Dr. Rose, I'm going to be taking care of you for now." I say walking into the room and seeing a man in a suit sitting there. "I don't need to be taken care of. I just want to go back to work!" The man shouts at me. "I'll be back in a minute. You stay in here." I say to Sophia before walking out of the room. I see two paramedics that are getting ready to leave. "Did you two bring that man in?" I ask running up to them. "The one in the suit?" I nod my head slightly at the blonde girl's question. "Yeah." She answers looking slightly lost. "Oh, sorry I'm Tiffany Rose. I'm a newish doctor here." I introduce myself. "Gabby Dawson, and that's Sylvie Brett." The other girl introduces. "Right. So the reason I was asking, what was wrong with him when you brought him in?" I ask getting back on topic. "He passed out in his work space. He woke up on the ambulance ride over here and was lashing out so we had to put restraints on him." She answers me. "I didn't see any restraints." I say.

I hear a big crash from the room that the man is in. I run in to see the man trying to go after Sophia with a needle in his hand. "I need some help in here!!" I shout running over and grabbing the man's hand before he can hurt her. "Go." I urge her to leave the room. As she ran out Will, Connor, and Ethan ran into the room. Will and Ethan grabbed the guys arms while Connor grabbed the needle and then walking over to me and grabbing me around the shoulders, leading me out of the room.

"You alright?" I looked up at him through my lashes. "Yeah. Is Sophia alright? Where'd she run off to?" I ask looking around for her. "I'm not sure. She ran off that way." He says nodding his head towards the right. "Dr. Rhodes, Dr. Rose! Little help?" I hear Ethan through the door. "Restraints?" I ask sticking my head in. They both nod at me signaling to go get them. "Can you help them? I'll be back with restraints in a minute." I ask him before running off. I grab some restraints from the supply area before running back to the room. Connor was holding the mans feet still while Will and Ethan both had his arms and were holding his chest down.

"Dr. Choi, can you move his arm down here?" I ask motioning to the spot that I need to fasten it. Once the man's wrist is in and I have tightened the strap as tight as it could go and made sure it won't come off I move over to the other side, having Will do the same thing. Then I moved onto the man's feet. All three men watching what I was doing, except the guy thrashing around trying to get out. Seeing as Connor had to hold both of the guys feet I got one strap ready before grabbing his foot and starting to fasten it in the restraint. However, before I get it tight enough he pulls his foot out kicking me in the chest. I lay on the ground groaning from the pain. I sit there for a minute before I see three people standing over me.

"Are you okay? Let's get you up." Will says as he holds his hand out to me. "I'm good." I say grabbing onto his hand letting him pull me up. "Shit!" I exclaim from the pain in my chest. "Damn it! Fuck! OW!" I start letting profanities out of my mouth. "You aren't good." Connor says shaking his head. "I am, I just need to sit for a minute." I answer before I hear laughter. All four of us look over to see the man laughing. "Not so tough now are you?" He asks. "Don't...." Connor starts to defend me walking over to the man before I put a hand on his chest. Shaking my head I say, "Go get Dr. Charles. Have him come in here to talk to him, I'm gonna go find Sophia." I remove my hand from his chest.

"You need to have someone look at that. I can already see a bruise starting to form." Will says pointing to the top of my shirt where, sure enough, you can see a dark bruise starting to form. I sigh reluctantly. "You're lucky we're family." I say before walking out of the room. "Dr. Rose, Dr. Choi informed me of what happened, I presume you'll be having that looked at?" I hear Ms. Goodwin behind me. "Yep, just need to make a call first." I say wincing from the pain when I took a breath in. She nods before walking off.

Dialing his number I wait for him to answer. "Hello?" I hear his voice through the phone. "Hank, can you send someone up to the hospital? To watch a patient?" I ask him. "Hold on, let me put it on speaker. What happened?" I hear a little bit of chatter through the phone. "A guy was brought in  by a Sylvie Brett and a Gabby Dawson, he had passed out at work, said he didn't want to be here. I was asking what happened and he attacked a nurse who was in there with him." I say coming to an end and wheezing a little bit at the end. "Are you okay? You weren't hurt were you?" Hank asks. "The guy was thrashing around as I was putting restraints on him. He kicked me in the chest, it's nothing too serious." I say through the line. "She says its not serious, but she already has a big purple bruise on her chest, and she can hardly breathe without it hurting." Connor comes up behind me grabbing the phone and putting it on speaker. "Is she okay!? I'm coming down there!" I hear Jay through the phone. "I'm fine, Will is gonna check it out. See if anything is seriously wrong." I say back. "He already left." Hank says back. "I'm going to send Antonio down there."

After getting off the phone with Hank I go over to the nurses station. "You can go to room twelve. Will, will be there in a minute." Connor says following me over. "Thanks." I say sarcastically walking to room twelve and waiting. "Where is Tiffany?" I hear from the corridor. "I assume someone gave him directions, because about thirty seconds later Jay burst into the room. "Oh my god! You said it wasn't bad you liar!" Jay says smacking me on the arm once he saw the bruise. "Ow! I've had worse, this isn't even that bad." I say rubbing my arm. "I'm here! I'm so sorry I just left you in there, I just didn't know what to do.... a-and I was really shaken up...." Sophia starts bursting in the room. "Hey, it's okay." I say cutting her off. "You can make it up to me by calling Zach." I say handing her my phone.

The three of us waited in the room for five more minutes before will walked in the room. "I'll go now." Sophia says getting up and handing me my phone back. I nod at her before turning to will. "I'm gonna need to look at it." Will says. I nod again not looking up. "You need to take your shirt off so I can see." He says getting up and closing the curtains. I nod again reaching for the bottom of my shirt, I start pulling it up but I can't get it fully off due to the pain in my chest. 'It hurts." I say to him. "Jay, can you help me?" He asks our brother who is sat in the corner of the room. "That alright with you?" He asks me. I nod my head before they start to help with my shirt. Once it was off Will has me lay back on the bed. "I suggest maybe putting something on the bruise. We are gonna need to have you x-rayed to see if anything is broken or if it's just bruised." He says patting my shoulder. The two of them help me sit back up and Jay is about to help with my shirt again when Will says, "Don't put that shirt back on her. I think she needs to wear something looser. The tight shirt will just hurt her." Right after he finished that sentence Connor walks into the room.

He opens his mouth to speak before looking at me. I bring my arms up around my stomach trying to cover myself when Jay steps in front of me. I rest my hand on his back in a form of thanks before putting it back down. "Did you need something?" Will asks standing beside Jay. "Uh, yeah. Your patient in room three, they requested you for something. I'm not sure what." He responds awkwardly. "Okay. I'll be back. Jay can you call Hank or somebody about a shirt? She trusts him." As Will walks away Jay crosses his arms looking at Connor who is still standing there. "Oh right." He says scratching the back of his head and leaving the room. "Here." Jay says taking off his jacket and putting it around me. "I'm gonna call Hank, see if he can come down here, bring a shirt." He says. "Do you guys have a case right now?" I ask. "Yeah, but Hank gave me the go ahead to come down here."  "Don't bother Hank then, can you call Kelly?" I ask him. "Unless he's busy or something." I say trying not to distract them from their case. "Kelly Severide?" He asks surprised.

After about five minutes Sophia walked into the room. "Hey." She says. "Hey." "So, I don't know if you still want to go out tonight, but if you don't I completely understand." She says. "Why would I want to cancel? Sometimes you have to be kicked in the chest to get a break around here." I say with a stupid grin on my face. Sophia started laughing right as Jay, who had been on the phone walked back in the room. "What's so funny?" He asks eyeing the girl who is still laughing. "Oh nothing..." I say trailing off and winking at him. "I don't think it's a good thing to flirt with your brother." He retorts. This caused the girl to laugh even harder. I looked him up and down before saying, "Eh, not my type." After I looked at my nails like I was inspecting them. Sophia looked at what I was doing still laughing before laughing even harder, she laughed hard enough that she fell out of her chair. Jay and I shared a look before we both started laughing along with her. My laughter soon turned into a grimace though, the pain in my chest making it hard to breath. I groaned witch caused both of the still laughing people to look at me in worry, both calming down slightly. "I'm okay." I squeaked holding my chest.

We waited about ten more minutes for Kelly. "Knock, knock" He says from outside the curtain. "Come in." Jay said. "I brought you one of my shirts." He says holding it out in front of him. I take it with shaky hands before awkwardly looking at the people in the room. Both Kelly and Sophia get the picture turning around as Jay helps me take off the jacket and put on the shirt. After a short struggle we got the shirt on and gave them the okay to turn around. "Hey, I gotta get back to work." Kelly says walking over to me and hugging me. "I hope you feel better." He says turning on his heal. "Kelly." I say my voice cracking. "Yeah?" I give him a knowing look. "Have you talked to her since what happened?" He shakes his head before replying. "She's called a few times, but I haven't talked to her because I was too afraid to pick up the phone." He says looking down. "Do me a favor, the next time she calls, answer. She isn't mad at you." I say as he walks out of the room.

(Thank you so much for reading! I'm not going to be able to update on Friday, so I'm just going to update now. I hope you all liked it. And you'll be happy to hear, that even though there hasn't been much romance between Connor and Tiffany yet, there will be soon! ;)  anyway, leave a comment with any suggestions, or feedback, or anyway that I can possibly improve my story.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 1.8K 44
Lily Jacobs is the new paramedic on ambulance 61 with Leslie Shay. On Jacobs first day she catches the eye of the lieutenant Kelly Severide. The only...
17K 345 14
Sequel to my first fic, What Now?
133K 1.7K 36
(Y\N) is a medical prodigy who moves to Chicago but when a massive warehouse fire leads to many casualties she realises emergency medicine is harder...
69.7K 934 117
A bunch of imagines from Chicago Fire, Med and PD. More over on Tumblr