His Secret [Completed]

By Sophi__T

Despite Sophia defying the odds and securing a job at the most prestigious company in New York City, she stru... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
End
Original: Chapter 1 - Joey's
Original: Chapter 2 - Mr Noah McKenzie
Original: Chapter 3 - Married?
Original: Chapter 4 - Let's talk...
Original: Chapter 5 - Answer me now!
Original: Chapter 6 - Half naked...
Original: Chapter 7 - Is he on his period?
Original: Chapter 8 - Date?
Original: Chapter 9 - The Gala [1]
Original: Chapter 10 - The Gala [2]
Original: Chapter 11 - The Gala [3]
Original: Chapter 12 - Brooke?
Original: Chapter 13 - Sleep well Princess
Original: Chapter 14 - God I hate that bitch
Original: Chapter 15 - Complicated
Original: Chapter 16 - Strong, Independant Woman
Original: Chapter 17 - The boat house
Original: Chapter 18 - Inside the mind of Noah
Original: Chapter 19 - Hawaii
Original: Christmas Special - A trip to the past
Original: Chapter 20 - Jasmine
Original: Chapter 21 - Revenge
Original: Chapter 22 - Brad
Original: Chapter 23 - Revenge Plan
Original: Chapter 25 - Quad Bikes
Original: Chapter 26 - Party
Original: Chapter 27 - Unwanted Guest
Original: Chapter 28 - Dragon
Original: Chapter 29 - Hangover
Original: Chapter 30 - James
Original: Chapter 31 - Shopping Trip
Original: Chapter 32 - Clothes, Money, Men
Original: Chapter 33- 25th Birthday
Original: Chapter 34 - The envelope
Original: Chapter 35 - How much!
Original: Chapter 36 - Vacation
Original: Chapter 37 - 12 hours
Original: Chapter 38 - Midnight walks
Original: Chapter 39 - Love affairs
Original: Chapter 40 - Investments
Original: Chapter 41 - Transfers
Original: Chapter 42 - Family Is Everything
Original: Chapter 43 - Sorry
Original: Chapter 44 - Reunited
Original: Chapter 45 - Trackers
Original: Chapter 46 - The Plan
Original: Chapter 47 - Fear
Original: Chapter 48 - To Win You Have To Lose
Original: Chapter 49 - Pain
Original: Chapter 50 - Bonus Chapter

Original: Chapter 24 - Pizza and Chick-fliks

18.3K 630 41
By Sophi__T

"Thanks for this Kelly, I really appreciate it" I said as we pulled up to the McKenzie's mansion, I still can't believe how big it is and this will be my home for a little while. I wonder which of these hundreds of rooms I'll be staying in. 

"Sophia you have become one of my closest friends over the short time I have met you; my mother accepts you as her own daughter might be in for a bit of a shock that you are here but she will understand," Kelly said reaching over and placing her hand on my shoulder "we will find out why Noah is being such an arse and get revenge, I promise," Kelly pulled me towards her and embraced me in a hug. 

"Come on let's go inside...this is like a permanent sleepover," Kelly squealed causing me to giggle and follow her out of the car. "We'll get your things later once we've eaten, gosh I'm starving" 

"Okay," I said warily. I know I am supposed to be happy that I have another place to go but what if Mr and Mrs McKenzie don't accept me into their home; then I'll be homeless and probably go the same way my father did, I'll become a gambling alcohol and drug addict. 

"Mom....where is she...MOM I'm home!" Kelly screamed from the front door dragging me by the arm into her- well my home now. "MOM WHERE ARE YOU WE HAVE A GUEST!" 

As if that was Mrs McKenzie's calling she rushed to the top of the stairs and squealed just as Kelly had before and ran down the stairs. "Oh..uhhh...Sophia, it's so nice to see you again so soon!" She said, was she being sarcastic or am I just being extremely paranoid knowing that Noah hates me maybe so does his whole family. 

"Oh mother don't be like that, Sophia is my best friend in the whole world and she isn't after any money like Ellie and Patty..." Kelly said and then mumbled to herself "...those bitches" 

"I wasn't being like anything darling, I'm happy she is here, but wheres Noah is he in the car?" Mrs McKenzie asked the exact question I had been dreading since I got here 3 minutes ago. Maybe she meant it as a rhetorical question, surely she would have spoken to Noah after all they seemed really close the when I was here at the Gala. I remember that night like it was yesterday it was one of the only times Noah seemed to care for me more than a friend and more than an employee. When he took care of me after I blacked out it was the safest I'd ever felt since I was a little girl. 

My breathing picked up as if I was about to have a panic attack, I felt all of the colour drain from my face as I turned my head to look at Kelly who was staring intently at me.

"Well?" Mrs McKenzie said folding her arms across her chest glancing between Kelly and I. 

"Mother maybe we should sit in the living room, it's a long story" Kelly offered and her mother nodded. I began telling her about Noah and I's weird relationship, I have to admit it was a little awkward talking to his mother about our private, intimate kisses we shared but at the end of the day she is taking me into her home and she deserves to know why I am here. 

"...then he told me to get out and he never wants to see me again," I told her fighting back my tears. 

"Sophia I'm so sorry for the way Noah has treated you, I thought he really cared for you" Mrs McKenzie said sincerely and I gasped, she can't be serious Noah hates me and never saw me as anything more than an employee- I might not even be his employee anymore. The fact that he told me he never wants to see me again means that I may have lost it. "I'll have a word with him if that is what you want "

"Oh no, please don't I would like to...uhhh find out why he said those things myself if that is okay" I said and looked at Kelly, we both know there will only be revenge not civilised conversation but I can not tell her mother that, after all it is her son. 

"So mother, I hope it is okay but I have told Sophia she can stay here for a little while, it's not like we don't have the room" Kelly told her mother who sat up straighter and began breathing deeper which was an indication of her thinking. I slowly pulled one on my hands behind my back and crossed my fingers in hopes that she would say yes. 

"I don't think-" She began "-why mother, because you can't accept that your darling successful son has done something wrong" Kelly spat

"Will you let me finish" Mrs McKenzie shouted which immediately quietened Kelly, was she afraid of her mother? 

"I will let her stay but in the boat house, Noah hardly goes in there and I do not want Sophia to be homeless but I will also not go against my sons wishes. There has to be a reason he has done this when you find out then she can stay inside. I'm sorry Sophia but this is the only way I can help" Mrs McKenzie explained apologetically, instead of being upset about this I walked up to her and embraced her in a warm hug. 

"Thank you, this means so much to me" I said gratefully.

"Come on Sophia let's go get your stuff" Kelly said and I followed her out to the car. "I don't see why you can't just stay in the house, it's not like Noah ever visits" 

"Kelly it really doesn't bother me, I'm just so grateful that I can stay. I have no where else to go so this is super kind of you and your family!" I told her as we began pulling bags out of the car and depositing them on the doorstep ready to move into the boathouse. 

"Just to warn you the boathouse gets really cold in the winter time, so I'll have to try and persuade my mom to let you sleep inside and if that fails we can be ninjas and you can climb through my bedroom window" She joked 

"Never fear I'm a highly qualified ninja so I'll be a piece of cake" I replied jokingly as we finished removing the last of the bags from the car. I used to take karate lessons when I was aged 11, we lived in roughest part of New York; you know the main hub for drug trade, so my parents thought it was mandatory for me to learn how to defend myself. 

Trust me when I say that my black belt came in handy, when I was stranded in a club as a teenager- which me and my friends had used our fake id's to get into- and surrounded by drunk men. 

Transferring all of my belongings to the boat house didn't take too long, since I don't have a lot to my name but it gave Kelly and I time to get to know more about each other. Kelly is only 22 but she seems to have a lot of experience in the field of dating; well compared to me anyway, Kelly is most definitely not what the kids nowadays would call a slut, she just likes to date guys...a lot.

At the moment Kelly is dating some guy called Josh, and says she is totally in love with him; hopefully this will guy will be different from the others, she really does deserve someone as great as her... and so do I! I also deserve someone better than Noah, I need a distraction to get him out of my mind.

"There, all moved in," Kelly said and flopped onto the unmade bed. "I' gonna get my mom to order pizza because I'm so exhausted." 

"Me too," I said falling next to Kelly. 

"What time is it? Can I go to bed yet?" 

I checked the time on my phone, "Nope, it's only 7pm, and we still have to eat pizza and watch like 2 chickflicks, it's sleepover rule number 1." 

"Ughh, fine only if we can watch mean girls!" Kelly squealed and jumped from the bed and ran down the stairs to the lower floor of the boat house and searched for 'mean girls' amongst all of the dvd's. 

I hopped off of the bed too in order to find the my bed sheets which are located in one of my 12 boxes; even though there wasn't many to look through I'm so lazy, I just want to eat pizza and watch movies all night to take my mind off of...him. 

"Here, let me help," Kelly offered to help make the bed once I found the sheets. "So this officially our first night as roommates...kinda." I laid the duvet over the bed and slid into bed, it felt like I was laying on a cloud. Maybe I can just close my eyes for just a second. 

"Kelly your pizza is here!" Mrs McKenzie shouted from the door of the boathouse startling me, when did Kelly even ask her mom to order it? Oh well I don't care so long as I can stuff myself full of pizza until I explode.

"Mom can you bring it up, we are dying!" Kelly shouted to her mother and got into the bed with me. "Oh my God this is so comfy, why have I never slept in here before" 

"I can't believe how lazy you are" Mrs McKenzie said and placed the pizza on the bed between Kelly and I.

"Thanks mom"

"Try not to get sauce on the duvet please girls, it stains. Sophia, tomorrow morning breakfast will be ready for 8 if you would like to eat with us." Mrs McKenzie offered.

"Thank you, that will be lovely" I replied. 

"No problem darling, Kelly I presume you'll sleep in here tonight. Don't forget you have college tomorrow, please don't skip it again. Your father and I are fed up paying your tuition when you don't attend" 

"Yes, okay mother, goodnight" Kelly said to her mother kissing her cheek. Even though Kelly and her mother don't seem to have a solid relationship, seeing a mother and her daughter being in the same room together, having a conversation- even if it is while they are arguing- it's something I never had with my mother; maybe that is why I feel so at home here already, because I've been longing for a real family for so long. 

The rest of the night Kelly and I ate pizza, chatted and ate more pizza. I had managed to forget about Noah even though I was surrounded by his family and pictures of him he just seemed like a fantasy- a figure of my imagination. Kelly managed to refrain from mentioning Noah for most of the evening, but occasionally she would mention his name and then immediately cover her mouth with her hands, and apologised frantically. 

The day was so eventful with the move, but it turned out to be a pretty good one. I had solidified my friendship with Kelly and got to know her so much better. I had missed having a friend who was always there for me since Jasmine left, which reminded me earlier today she had up and left Noa- I mean his apartment so quickly I barely had the chance to say good bye. 

Was Jasmine late for work or something? She was so excited to visit me a few days ago but now she is acting weird and hasn't even called me. When I was a kid my mother always told me that I was too paranoid, but was I really being paranoid at this moment? Well maybe I was slightly, I know we didn't talk for a couple of weeks before she visited but we had both been extremely busy; and the truth is I miss the friendship we had.

I miss her screaming at me to get up and then threatening to pour freezing water on my bed if I didn't. I miss working at Joey's where we would gossip all day about the customers that would come into the cafe, but most of all I miss the friendship we had. Of course Kelly has now become one of my closest friends over this short period of time, but Jas was there for me when I needed her the most and had been there ever since, until now.

I miss my best friend...

-------------------------------

Word count: 2137

Good evening,

So recently I read the Storm and Silence series on Wattpad, and I have to say that I was so impressed by the talented Sir Rob, seriously his creative writing skills are mind blowing, no wonder the books are a huge success and have been published!Oh My God the plots are spectacular as well! (big word, I know XD) 

So the reason for me mentioning this in the authors note is that it has inspired me to keep checking my punctuation and try to make the chapters more detailed with scenery and stuff like that. 

Leave comments if you think I sorta achieved this because I would really like some feedback on if my writing has improved since chapter 1. Personally I think it has come a long way but that's up to everyone else to decide. 

-XoxSophixoX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 743 57
[EDITING] It's been four years since we broke up, since I last saw him. I am no longer the person I used to be. I have gained a reputation as the mo...
350K 8.6K 86
18-year-old Farrah gets thrown into a whole new life with her best friend Olly. Moving half way across the world comes with complications and trouble...
5.2M 163K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
152K 4.4K 42
She knew his identity. He didn't know hers. She just wanted to have him around. He didn't. She knew they could not be together. He didn't. She didn't...