My One and Only - A CaptainSp...

By sunnypak

I smiled sweetly. "I just wish I could relive the nineteen years I've wasted and smush them into six months b... More

My One and Only - A CaptainSparklez FanFiction
Chapter One - The Steps of Living
Chapter Two - Getting Ready
Chapter Three - Meeting Him
Chapter Four - The Ring
Chapter Five - Dreamland
Chapter Six - The Look
Chapter Seven - The Meeting
Chapter Eight - Park Encounters
Chapter Ten - 1K SPECIAL
Chapter Eleven - Arguments
Chapter Twelve - Encounter
Chapter Thirteen - The Pool
Chapter Fourteen - Back to Santa Barbara
Chapter Fifteen - Two Months Later
Chapter Sixteen - Back Together
Chapter Seventeen - I'm Not Gonna Be There
Chapter Eighteen - Everyone Except For You
Chapter Nineteen - The New Condo
Chapter Twenty - Let Go
Chapter Twenty-One - Rule Number Two
Epilogue - One And A Half Years Later
NEW BOOK!
Bonus Epilogue II - Wedding

Chapter Nine - Wedding Dress

3K 103 102
By sunnypak

Chapter Nine - Wedding Dress

ELLIE'S POV

I groaned and moved, flopping over onto my side. I opened my eyes, smiled, and got out of my bed. I checked the time. 8:30.

I smiled and skipped to the bathroom in my bedroom, happy because I was going over Jordan's house at 9:30. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water drench over me.

I felt the ring on my left hand and started shifting it around. Why am I still wearing this? I thought. I quickly slipped it off of my finger and threw it onto the counter, opening the curtain slightly.

When I finished taking my shower, I dried my hair, and dressed into a CaptainSparklez t-shirt with some skinny jeans. I put on my beanie and grabbed my phone.

I ran down the stairs quickly and bolted to the door, hoping I wouldn't have to make any interactions with my mother.

"Honey, wherever you're going, be back by twelve o'clock, we're going--" my mother began to say from the kitchen table, but I slammed the door before she could finish her sentence.

I ran to Jordan's house, not bothering to take my car since we lived on the same street. I knocked on the door and stepped back.

Within seconds, Jordan opened the door, smiling. He brought me in for a hug and we walked into the house together.

We strolled into the kitchen together and Jordan took out the pancake mix. I grabbed it from him before he could make burnt pancakes.

"Hey!" he yelled playfully, running behind me to grab the box out of my hand. Before he could take it, I slipped out of the way and grabbed the bowl, already putting the ingredients in, all while giggling.

Once the batter was made, I took the spoon and flicked it towards Jordan's direction, getting it in his hair.

At first, his face was pure shock, and I was laughing harder than ever. But I stopped laughing when Jordan had an evil smirk playing on his face.

Jordan grabbed the bowl and started chasing me around the house. I was screaming, "No, Jordan! Don't do it!"

Eventually when we were both splattered with batter, we made pancakes.

At one point, Jordan had the last pancake on the pan and was ready to flip it when he said, "Ready, Ellie? Watch this!"

He flipped the pan and the pancake spun in mid air, and it came down, but only half of it made it, the other half landing on the tile floor.

"Shit..." Jordan muttered, laughing.

We settled down in the chairs of his small kitchen table and we began eating the pancakes while wiping the batter off us.

I was deep in thought about Jordan and I, how were we going to work out? I mean, I'm getting married in five and a half months...

"Penny for your thoughts?" Jordan asked suddenly.

I looked up at him and sighed. "Jordan, I'm getting married," I said to him for what must have been the millionth time in the past few weeks.

Jordan set down the napkin he was holding in his hands. "Yes, in five and a half months," he said, "And if that's all the time I ever get to spend with you, then I will spend every second of every day with you."

I felt my heart swell up and I leaned across the table and kissed him, a small peck, before getting up and putting both of our plates into the sink.

"But, hey, my offer's still out there. We could still do it. Move to LA, do whatever we want," Jordan proposed.

I shook my head. "Jordan, I already told you that can't happen."

I felt Jordan nod. "Now, next lesson to living," Jordan said, leaning against the counter.

"We're still doing that?" I asked, confused.

"I made a promise didn't I?" he replied, smiling. I smiled back and sat on the counter opposite from him.

"Continue," I said.

"I'm taking you out on a date tonight, your first ever movie theater date," he announced, walking towards me and standing between my legs, putting his hands on my thighs.

"Oh, I don't know, Jordan," I began, "My mom said I had to be home by twelve for something."

"Then let's go now," he said, grabbing my hand and running to the front of the house. I laughed and we left the house hand in hand.

When we had gotten to the movie theater, he grabbed my hand and ran to the building and went up to the counter.

"Two tickets for Frozen please," he said. (I believe it's out of theaters now, but there's no other movies that I am aware of XD) 

We walked into the larger room, handing the tickets to the man at the entrance. We went to get popcorn, and this time, I took out my wallet.

I felt Jordan grab my hand. "Next lesson of life, the gentleman always pays," he said, smiling.

I looked around. "What gentleman?" I joked.

He shot me a sarcastic glance, laughing, and we bought our popcorn, and we entered the movie theater.

(I'm going to skip the movie because I'm too lazy and it will be boring...)

We left the theater, laughing. "Oh, God, Jordan, nothing can ruin this day," I said, leaning my head against his shouler as we walked out of the building.

As if on cue, my text tone went off from my phone in my back pocket.

I took it out swiftly and looked at the screen. 

Honey, we're going wedding dress shopping. We're meeting Mitch there. You know that wedding dress shop downtown? Meet us there at twelve o'clock sharp. It read, from my mother.

"Nevermind, Jordan, obviously my god damn mother can ruin my day!" I exclaimed, shoving my phone back in my pocket.

Jordan looked at me curiously.

"I have to go dress shopping. Ugh! This is gonna be torture!" I yelled, still walking to the car. Suddenly, I thought of an idea to make the time go by faster. "Come with?" I asked Jordan.

I saw him smile and nod. "Of course, Ellie."

*TIME SKIP*

When we had gotten to the shop, we walked into the large building and was immediately greeted by the woman at the counter.

"Hello! Are you looking for a wedding dress today with your fiance?" she said cheerily, glancing at Jordan.

I felt my cheeks heat up at the sound of it. "No, just a friend, helping her out," Jordan spoke up behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"My, um, mother and a brown-haired boy named Mitch should already be here," I said.

"Oh, yes! Right this way, please," she said, leading us towards a room in the large fancy hallway.

I entered the room first, and my mother immediately shot up out of her seat. "Oh honey! Thank goodness you made it!" she said, hugging me. "...And you brought Jordan," she continued when Jordan stepped into the room.

I saw Mitch stand up suddenly, balling up his fists. I put my hand on his chest and said quietly, "Shh, it's fine."

He nodded and sat back down. My mother ran to the other side of the room. "Honey, I already picked out a few dresses for you to try!" she exclaimed, clearly excited.

I looked through them all, and to be honest, I didn't like any of them. They were either 1) too simple, or 2) too dressy.

If I was being forced to get married, I at least wanted to pick out a beautiful dress that I wanted, not what my mother wished she could've worn on her wedding day.

A dress in the corner in the discarded pile caught my eye though. It was truly beautiful. The top was embroidered with beautiful patterns and the bottom puffed out.

"I want to try that one," I said, pointing to the dress in the corner.

"Oh, well, sure, I guess, honey," my mother said, slightly disappointed.

I grabbed the dress and walked outside into the large fitting area across the hall, closing the door. I took off all of my clothes and began to slip on the dress.

I tried to reach for the zipper in the back, but I couldn't. I walked towards the entrance of the room and opened the door slightly.

"Jordan, can you help me with this?" I said quietly, poking my head inside the other room, not comfortable with Mitch helping me, and not wanting my mother to either.

I saw both Mitch and my mom look up at me, surprised, but Jordan just nodded and stood up, walking into the room with me.

He zipped up the dress and I turned around. He stepped back and I saw him put his hand to his mouth. It reminded me of those photos of the fiance's reaction when he sees his future wife in her dress for the first time. 

I thought Jordan was going to cry, so I stepped towards him, and I grasped his upper arm and smiled.

Jordan took a deep breath and said, "Mitch sure is a lucky man, marrying such a beautiful lady."

When those words escaped his mouth, I felt a sudden wave of emotion come over me, one that wanted to hold Jordan in a tight hug forever.

"And I wish it was you," I whispered, stepping forward and kissing him.

"Ellie, are you almost ready to show us--" I heard my mother say before opening the door.

---

A/N Doesn't this sound familiar? O_o It's deja vu!

 XD

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

-Sunny

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 953 32
The Apoclypse arrived. Everyone just liked the thought of having one, being able to survive and fight zombies without having to worry about money or...
7.4K 133 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
131K 4.5K 50
{ Old and ew, read at your own risk!! } "All my life has been heartache. Since when did it become so interesting and colorful?" "I usually try to lo...
34.8K 1.2K 22
Ellie is a young teacher who grew up with a single Pa and older sisters, and a younger sister. after everyone but her and her younger sibling left, E...