His Territory (Old Version)

By splendidlyhorrid

"I own you, Cassia. Your body, your heart, your soul- they belong to me. Don't ever try to deny me something... More

One
One (Bonus Chapter//Colton's POV)
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Epilogue
Author's Note

Three

64.7K 1.7K 254
By splendidlyhorrid

Three (Edited) NEW VERSION IS UP

        Running. I am running, dodging trees left and right, trying my best to not fall over my two left feet. There's something chasing me and just the i of it fills me with a sense of dread. I pinch my arm to try and wake myself up from this awful nightmare but nothing changes. It goes on for what feels like hours- run, dodge, don't trip; never knowing what's even chasing me.

        Finally, I come to a clearing and my shoe clad feet begin to slow down. For the first time since this horrid nightmare began I feel calm when I stop moving at the neck breaking pace my dream self decided to run at. Collapsing onto the dead grass and catching my breath, I pray to our goddess that this nightmare is about to end but I've never been lucky. The ground starts to shake and I quickly try standing up but the dead grass lengthens then starts to wrap around my arms and legs, not stopping until I'm completely consumed by the nasty stuff and the only thing left is my head.

        A wolf so black that he could have been the night itself comes out of the surrounding woods and snarls at me, his yellow eyes glowing brightly. I helplessly struggle against my restraints as he stalks towards me, the evil simply radiating off of him. All of a sudden, he transforms into a man and a whimper escapes my trembling lips.

        "What's wrong, mate? Surprised?"

        Then the darkness consumes me.

        I bolt straight up, terror resonating throughout my entire body. My heart is beating at an abnormal rate and I'm drenched from head to toe in sweat. Calm down, calm down, calm down, I keep chanting to myself in hopes that it will help my current state. I close my blue eyes to try and gain some composure but all I see are bright glowing yellow orbs that knock the wind out of me. Looking around the unfamiliar room, I figure that I must be in one of the estate's many guest bedrooms. There's a bathroom to my right so I quickly untangle my body from the white sheets and sprint towards the welcoming sight, barely making it to the toilet in time and heaving last nights dinner into the porcelain bowl. It had been so good, too; what a waste.

        Once there is nothing left in my stomach to throw up I decide a cold shower would be beneficiary in my current sweaty, icky, sticky state. I turn on the shower then hop in and let the spray of cold water relax me. That freakish nightmare was... terrifying. Why would I dream something so awful about someone I'm supposed to love so much? I mentally shake my head and make up my mind to just drop it. It isn't like it's real anyway, so I really should not be stressing about it. The more important issue right now is how I even got into a guest room last night when I don't remember ever falling asleep. Plus, I was somehow dressed in different clothes than what I arrived in! If Colton thinks he can violate me like that when I'm sleeping well, he's got another thing coming!

        Taking a deep, calming breath, I decide it's time to get out and wrap a white fluffy towel around my petite figure. Opening one of the light brown wooden drawers by the sink, I confiscate a toothbrush and other seemingly clean necessities I need to start my day. Thankfully, Colton was smart enough to not stick me in his room for the night like most males who have recently found their mate would do. I definitely would've had a hissy fit if that were the case. I know he's my mate and all, but I'm not comfortable with that yet. I barely know the man (albeit a very handsome, very attractive man)!

        I pull on a pair of red checkered pajama pants and a black tank top that are folded neatly on the dresser along with a bra and some underwear (worrying about why they're my size seems pointless at the moment). When I look at the digital clock the green numbers blink five-thirty AM and I groan at the ungodly hour. My stomach doesn't miss a beat in rumbling for food, though so I contemplate on trying to find the kitchen in this bigger than life house. It's not like I have anything to lose, and if I do end up lost then someone is bound to find me eventually. My stomach grumbles a second time, making up my mind for me.

        Creaking open the white bedroom door, I immediately trip over something that's blocking the doorway. Looking up from the awkward position I fell in, I spot a figure roll over to face me and breathe out a cute little snore. Colton mumbles something in his sleep and scrunches his face like a bunny which earns an audible 'aw' from me. He actually fell asleep outside of my door on the ground! How cute is that?! I give him a small smile and wonder how it's possible for me to have gotten so lucky. I walked onto this estate last night wishing I didn't have to go to a stupid party and twelve hours later I have a mate who already cares about me enough to sleep outside my door just so I won't get mad.

        Standing up, I quietly tip-toe away from Colton's sleeping figure. Hopefully he's not too uncomfortable on the tan carpet floor. I'll feel terrible if he gets a crick in his neck.

        After about fifteen minutes of wandering I manage to find some stairs leading to the first floor although I know I'll never make it back to my room with all of the twists and turns I had made. I'm hopeful that there will be a couch for me to crash on if sleep wants to make a reappearance. Finding the kitchen to the left, not only is it ridiculously beautiful, but also up-to-date with a comfortable and homey vibe to it. It's like he designed this kitchen with me in mind! I've always loved cooking and I have so many recipes I would love to try in here! My stomach complains at me for a third time and I stick a pin in fangirling about this kitchen later. I know I'll be spending a lot of my free time in here anyway if I stay (a matter that is still under review).

        I spot the stainless steel fridge and trifle through it, deciding on a bowl of Lucky Charms, my favorite cereal. It's heavenly for this early in the morning and it reminds me of my mom who I already miss dearly. Even though I conceded to Colton's wishes last night, with a new day comes new insight. I simply can't comprehend how I will leave my mother to go and be selfish with my mate. Wouldn't it kill her to not only lose her other half, but her only daughter as well?

        "Well, I guess it's confirmed. You must be my mate if you like Lucky Charms," a deep voice rumbles from behind me. I jump so high at the surprising intrusion that I practically chuck my spoon across the room and come close to falling off of my stool.

        "You scared me half to death, Alpha Calloway," I mutter when my heart rate goes back to normal. He makes his way over to me and I can feel his eyes following my every move as I readjust myself.

        "What did I say about calling me Colton, baby? The formality is no longer necessary." My heart flutters from his endearment and I shyly smile.

        Quietly, he slides my bowl and spoon in front of him then starts eating the rest of my cereal as if it's no big deal. I look at him in disbelief because, well, that's just plain gross! My germs are all over the cereal!

        "Don't look so startled; you make Lucky Charms taste way better than they already do. Plus, this isn't the grossest thing we'll do babe." He chuckles darkly. I feel my entire face heat up and he suggestively winks at me.

        "You should probably get your mind out of the gutter because that's not going to happen, like, ever," I scoff. I don't remember signing up to do... that with him. My plan is to stay celibate for the rest of my life or become a nun.

        He laughs entirely too loud for this early in the morning and I cringe. "You say that now but once your heat comes... goddess my dick is hard simply thinking about it. Let's just say we won't be leaving my bedroom anytime soon."

        I try and cover up my sadness at his comment by letting disgust become evident in my features and all I can think about is that I will be far, far away before I let that happen. The doctors said I would never have a heat, so he's in for the disappointment of a lifetime. I've already accepted that the one thing I'm supposed to be able to do I can't. Just another reason to add to the list of why we shouldn't be together, I sigh dejectedly.

        Snapping out of my reverie, I discard his comments regarding the subject with a shake of the head. "Who dressed me last night? I don't even remember falling asleep."

        "No need to worry, I had an Omega dress you. You were out like a light and although I really wanted to take you back to my room, I didn't think you'd have appreciated it much," he shrugs nonchalantly.

        "Oh... well, thanks. I do appreciate it and I totally tripped over you this morning, by the way." I laugh. "I didn't know you'd have to literally babysit me every second of the day." I don't let him know how adorable I thought his gesture was. If he wants to make me squirm with his weird sexual comments then I'm going to push his buttons a little bit, too.

        "Damn right I'm going to babysit you every second of the day. Do you know how many enemies I have that will be trying to get to you now? I'm already putting together a full security detail of my best men to keep an eye on you at all times. If you so much as sneeze I'm going to hear about it," he says, drinking the excess milk inside of the bowl. I look into his intense eyes and see not a single trace of humor in them. He can't be serious. Who does he think he is to assign me a babysitter? My father? I'm seventeen, not eleven!

        "You've got to be kidding. I'm not some piece of property that you keep hidden away from the world, Colton. I don't want to be followed around by a bunch of your guard dogs, it sounds so suffocating," I argue. Normally, I'd let it go and do whatever someone told me because that's naturally who I am. I'm a pushover who has the need to please everyone- a naturally submissive wolf, but for some reason I feel that with him I can actually push a little. Most likely not my wisest idea, but now would be as good a time as any to grow a pair and voice my opinion.

        He growls under his breath and glares at me. "The decision has been made, Cassia. I want you safe at all times. I understand that you're not just 'some piece of property' but I need to be assured that you're safe and no one will take you from me." His eyes soften from their glare and he sighs. "You're my only weakness, my love. If someone kidnaps or does anything that harms you then it's all over for me, do you understand that? You're officially the center of my world and I need you safe. Do you hear that, Cassia? Need, not want, but need. I promise to give you the universe if you don't fight me about anything regarding your safety. If I say run, then you have to run, no questions asked."

        My eyes soften at his speech and I compliantly nod. When he says it like that it makes me feel bad that I ever spoke out. Why can't I do anything right? The first time I want to try to give my own opinion and it makes me feel like total crap!

        I don't know how long we sit there for but my eyes begin to droop as sleep threatens to overtake me again, "I think I'm going to go take a nap." I yawn.

        "Hey, wait a minute. This is our first full day as mates and we should do something together. I'll take you out on a date tonight. That should be fun, right?" I look at him for a moment and ponder his suggestion. I mean, of course I want to go on a date with him, but I don't want to get too attached. What's going to happen when he decides to drop me like a fly? I know he says all of these sweet things but there's still doubt. There's still the whisper in the back of my mind that says I should reject him and put him out of his misery. He needs to be with Ashley, or at least someone like her. I feel as if I should keep the option open of going through with the rejection and maybe keep my distance for now. I like him, I like him a lot, but would he have ever even taken the time of day to look at me without the mate bond? Probably not! I'm nothing special, not like Ashley in all of her perfection. I want to be his mate but I don't want to be led on. Ugh! Who knew this would be so difficult? My mind says he deserves better and it would be selfish of me to keep the charade going, but my heart says that he's mine just as much as I'm his. I inwardly groan at the complicated-ness of the situation. In the end though, logic has never lead me astray. Plus, I can't forget about my mom who's probably worried sick about me. This is only another reason why we shouldn't be mates. The odds are not stacking up in our favor.

        "Just because I won't say the words to reject you doesn't mean I want to be your mate. I think the best thing for us would be to go our separate ways and find other people. We'll just mate with them and our connection will be severed. Problem solved," I say, going with what my brain is telling me instead of my heart. I need to care for my mom and he needs someone who is strong. I can't even have pups- the one thing Alpha's want the most out of their mates. This is logical. This is safe.

        "Y'know, that's the second time you've said something along the lines of not wanting to be my mate, and it makes me really angry. No, not angry, furious. Does it bother you that I would jump in front of a bullet to save you and you act like that doesn't matter? Do you not know how this mate stuff works in general, let alone with an Alpha? I will happily drill it into your brain, Cassia." He suddenly stands up to his full six feet, four inches height and knocks down his stool in the process. Power starts to surge off of him in waves and I bend my head down in submission. My wolf, who has been practically dormant through the years, starts scratching at the inner walls of my soul.

        So powerful, so beautiful, she swoons like a little girl raving about her first crush.

        "You were made for me," his voice thunders. "Even if you don't want me, I will make sure no other man touches you. I may never pressure you into anything, but I sure as hell will overbearingly protect you and be more possessive than you can ever imagine. It is my job to not only ensure your happiness, but fulfill the job our goddess has given us. She paired us together for a damn good reason and I'm not going to let anybody get in the way of that. I love you so much that it hurts, but I can't change if you don't feel the same way about me. Just remember who you belong to when you try running away or something else foolish. I'll always find you, I'll always catch you when you fall, and, above all else, I'll always love you no matter what you do to me. I may not understand why you won't give me a chance, but I'll be here when you change your mind."

        He storms off through the back door and a sad howl echoes throughout the area. Tears spring to my eyes and I feel the need to hit my head against a hard object. I've hurt him; I can't do anything right.

        It's scary having to blindly follow someone you're destined to love. No matter how anyone looks at it Colton is supposed to be my husband, the father of my children (I wish), and just flat out my everything. But worst of all, how am I to be reassured that he won't get bored and leave me? Where will I be then? A broken shell of the person I once was? There are so many prettier girls that are more than qualified to run this pack and be the perfect Luna. There are too many 'what ifs' and I absolutely despise change. It would be selfish of me to leave him without his input on the matter, though. Goddess forbid he did that to me. I've always been a logical thinker because ever since my dad died I've been too scared to let anyone else in. Now it seems that I need to throw what I know out the window and learn what it means to be an Alpha's mate. He says he loves me, yet it's only been hours since we've met. How am I to believe that?

        Across the room I see a home phone sitting in its charger and I quickly make my way to it. If there's one person in this world I know can help me it's my mom. Dialing the phone number that's been engraved into my heart, I wait as the other end rings.

        "Hello?" a feminine voice answers after the second tone.

        "Mom! It's Cassia." My voice quivers with emotion at hearing her voice. Would she understand my problems? From leaving her to Colton getting tired of me in a few months, I hope my mom's wisdom won't let me down.

        "Oh, honey! How are you, sweetie? I'm so sorry that Smith and I didn't get the chance to say goodbye yesterday, but something came up and we had to leave. Is Alpha Calloway treating you well?" she worries over me as I pick up my dirty bowl and spoon and put them in the dishwasher.

        "I'm fine, mom. I just need some help. Everything is so confusing. I don't know what I'm doing!" I voice my concerns. A chair screeching across the floor comes from the other end of the phone and I can tell my mom is smiling.

        "Tell me what's wrong, Cas," she lovingly says.

        It takes me awhile before I finally mutter, "I can't be his mate, mom."

        "What do you mean, honey?" I think hard about how I'm supposed to tell her that I want a love like her and my dad had. Every time they were together they would always send each other these little looks of adoration and tease one another and even when they fought they did it with love. I can't have any of that. Not with Colton, anyway. He needs someone strong; someone who compliments him nicely.

        "Well, he's... him, and I'm... me. We're too different. Plus, I can't leave you. We're all we have left, mom. It's selfish of me to let you be alone." My eyes fall to my pink painted toes and I smile at the memory of getting them done with Smith. He's such a diva.

        "Cassia Rose Blackwell. You have got to be kidding me. I am a big girl, y'know! If you think I need you to take care of me then you've got another thing coming. And what's this talk of you two being different?! That's how it's supposed to be! What's the fun in being with someone who's exactly like you? The goddess paired you guys together for a reason. Why are you questioning it? I want you to be happy, Cassia. That's all a parent should ever want for their child. Alpha Calloway is going to make you happy; something you haven't been since your father died. I know you try and hide it, but I've always known your sadness has been there." I'm crying by the time she stops talking and I grab a paper towel to dry my tears. Of course I miss my dad. How do you get over something like that? How did my mom get over something like that?

        "But mom-"

        "No if's, and's, or but's! I will be fine, your mate loves you, and you're together for a reason. Love him. Cherish him. Don't spend your time in self doubt. Be the beautiful, confident Luna I know you are. I love you, baby. Trust me on this." I sigh and we say our goodbye's. My mom has never been wrong but it's still so hard. What am I going to do? At least I have the peace of mind that my mom isn't mad at me for possibly leaving her. That's one less thing I need to worry about.

        Plopping down on the floor, I make the final decision to take things as they come. If in a few years he finally realizes I'm not good enough, then so be it. Right now is where I want to live, and I have a mate to apologize to.

(A/N: OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THE VOTES THIS HAS GOTTEN. I love you all! I'm so sorry for the late update but I passed all of my finals and got all A's and B's on my report card! I'm so proud of myself! This story surpasses my expectation every time I log back into Wattpad and it's all because of you beautiful people! <3 Thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope you all like this boring chapter! So sorry for any mistakes!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 9K 32
Lea has always been strong willed with six older brothers a girl has to be. When she turns eighteen and doesn't shift into her bear her family sends...
633K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
232K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
28.7M 879K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...