Sacrifice [ BOOK TWO ]

By nectophiliac

Blair Gilbert spent five years in Chicago, then returned back to Mystic Falls. She had planned to finish her... More

0: Disclaimer
1: Three Weeks
2: Old Times
3: Justin Bieber
4: Proposition
5: April Twenty-Seventh
6: Werewolves
7: Leverage
8: Masquerade
9: Useless
10: Boxed
11: Rule One
12: Sun Burnt
13: Sister
14: Guilty
15: Thumper
16: Magnolia
17: Not-Boyfriend
18: The Death of Rose-Marie
19: Disposal
20: Chicago
21: Late Night Phone Calls
22: Date Night
23: Cabin
24: Party-Crasher
25: Fond
26: Trust
27: A Whole Lot Of Maybes
28: The Grill
29: Jenna Meets Isobel
30: The Fuzzy
31: Family Meeting
33: Vampires
34: Calls From The Past
35: Elijah
36: The Last Day
37: The Sacrifice 1
38: The Sacrifice 2
EXTRA
dlair edit.
jensen cassidy.
q+a answers.
q+a answers pt 2.
instagrams.
final q&a answers
small update, please read
tiktok
book 3

32: Confession And Compulsion

26.9K 697 257
By nectophiliac

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
" confession and compulsion "

Elena, Bonnie and a lawyer stood in the middle of the boarding house while Damon, Stefan, and I were outside the front door. "You really think bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asked, glancing between Stefan and I.

"She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an original, so." Stefan shrugged.

"We just need to find him." Both Salvatore's looked at me.

"If I see him, I'll let ya know." I faked a smile as I crossed my arms and leaned against the door. "But I doubt he's just walking around town waiting for the full moon. We should have Bon do a spell to find him."

"She would need something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked." Stefan sighed, both Damon and I nodded.

We were all silent for a second before Damon spoke up again, "do you think he killed her?"

My heart broke a little. I knew he was talking about Katherine. I just didn't know why he was asking, but my first thought was that he didn't want her to be dead because he was still in love with her.

"Katherine? Probably." Stefan said. I think Damon could tell that I wasn't all that happy with the question.

"It's not like she didn't have it coming." Damon spoke just as Elena opened the door. The lawyer walked out, Elena yelling out a thank you as he did.

"Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?" Elena smiled as she said my.

"I would love to, thank you." Stefan smiled back, walking past the threshold. Damon and I stood on the opposite side as Elena's smile fell.

"What are we, twelve?" Damon smirked at her, annoyed.

Elena crossed her arms over her chest. "One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner?"

"No."

Elena sighed, "Seriously, Damon. My way, you promised. I call the shots. No lies. No secret agendas. Remember?"

"Yes, Elena. Sure."

"Then, please, come in." Elena gestured her hand into the house and allowed Damon in.

"Really? Why am I the last one invited in?" I groaned as Elena stepped closer to the seal.

"If I let you in -"

"Don't even give me some ultimatum, E. I don't really need to come in this house." I rolled my eyes as Elena frowned.

"I'll invite you in as long as you promise that you won't take anymore pills." Elena pretty much ignored me.

"I've been clean for years. I was in a low state, and I slipped. It was a one time thing, not going to happen again."

"But you haven't been clean for years, B. You've been drinking since the day you got back, and you shouldn't be doing anything. Drugs, alcohol, nothing."

"Okay, whatever, mom, I promise." I crossed my arms over my chest, "invite me in already."

"You can come in." Elena smiled again, repeating the same gesture she did for Damon.

I came out of the basement, blood bag in hand, to see Damon, Elena, Bonnie and Stefan in the near the front door arguing. "-guys. Klaus is out there. We know that." Stefan said, brows furrowed as usual.

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And ill be able to sleep at night knowing i'll be safe here, but i'm not going to be a prisoner." Elena sighed with a shrug. She looked at Damon, waiting for him to make a comment about how it was stupid for her to leave the house.

"Klaus had us." I spoke up, getting the attention of everyone. "Or Isobel, who was working for Klaus, but he had us. If he wanted Elena, he would have her. I think she'll be fine at school."

Damon clicked his tongue, "Your way, Elena."

"Don't worry. I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. Know how." Bonnie nodded, confident in herself.

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place I can be." Elena stated, "And Blair, of course."

I coughed slightly as I swallowed the blood. "Uh, what?"

"You're the only one who knows what Klaus looks like. If you're with us, you can point Klaus out, and Bonnie can take him down."

"I really didn't plan on going back to school." I frowned taking another sip of blood, "like, ever."

"Blair." Elena put her hands together in a praying motion and begged.

"Fine. Let me finish my bag." I sighed as Stefan announced he'd come as well.

Us four were sitting in Ric's class, and Elena was trying to convince the three of us to go the decade dance. Stefan had a stern no, I only shrugged and Bonnie was more than happy to go. "Hello, class. What are we learning today?" Ric asked as he came in.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week." Dana answered, and she was the only one really willing to. I wouldn't be able to answer even if I wanted to.

"Right, the sixties." Ric said before looking between Elena and I for a second then turned to the board. "the, uh, ahem. The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing. " Ric paused as Mrs. Douglas, our school counselor peaked her head through the door. "What can I do for you?"

"I'd like to steal Blair Gilbert, please." Mrs. Douglas smiled small at Ric before looking at me.

"Of course." Ric glanced at me, "go ahead, Blair."

"Actually, I'm quite busy learning about the sixties, Mrs. Hart. We'll have to make plans for another time." I shrugged, waiting for her to leave. Ric had a grin on his face, waiting for her to leave as well.

Mrs. Hart sighed, "Blair. I've been trying to talk to you for two weeks, you just haven't been to school for me to do so. Please, it's important."

I groaned before standing up, "fine." Mrs. Hart and I walked silently to her office, neither of us saying a word until both of us were sitting down across from each other. "So, what's going to happen here? You lay me down, make me tell you all my deep dark secrets?"

Mrs. Hart let out a small laugh. "I'd like to talk about you."

"My name is Blair Eliza Gilbert. I'm seventeen years old. I've got a kinda-boyfriend who's like way older than me. I live with my aunt, my siblings and sometimes my history teacher. My parents are dead." I shrugged, "That's me. Can I go?"

Mrs. Hart shook her head as she smiled. "I want to know you deeper than what everyone would know by looking at you. I mean, I didn't know about your boyfriend, or that Mr. Saltzman sometimes lived with you, but I want to know the Blair that very few people know."

"Oh, so you want to know things like the fact that I spent a year in a rehabilitation center because I took a few too many pills as a young teen? Or like that my uncle is really my father? Or that my sister is currently dating my ex-boyfriend?" I asked, though nothing of what I said was really a question.

Mrs. Hart nodded. "Like that, yeah."

"Alright, i'll let it all out. But remember, you asked for it." Hart smiled, waiting. "My boyfriend that's way older that me, isn't like ten years older, or even thirty, he's a hundred and sixty years older, give or take a few years. But trust me when I tell you he doesn't look a day over twenty five. My boyfriends brother was the love of my life. My first 'love' is a psychopath who's trying to kill my sister. I killed a guy a few months back. He definitely didn't deserve it, but I couldn't control myself. My boyfriend, and my ex boyfriend have both killed probably hundreds of people. My best friends are a witch, a vampire, a werewolf and my sister is a doppelganger. My biological mother was a vampire. I, myself, am a vampire."

"I- uh, excuse me?" Mrs. Hart let out an unbelieving laugh. "Blair, I want you to be serious."

"I am being completely serious. See, watch." I let the veins under my eyes grow, as well as my fangs. "Maybe now you'll understand why I am missing so much school."

Hart gripped the arm rests on her chair as her eyes grew, definitely terrified. "But of course, you can remember any of this. I mean, if my boyfriend knew I told you all of this, he'd rip your head off in a heartbeat." I stood up and walked around Hart's desk, until I was right in front of her chair, my hands on her arm rests. "I'll be honest with you, I have only done this like once, maybe twice, so it may not stick. So if you happen to remember this, I apologize for what my boyfriend will do to you." I looked her directly in her eyes, seeing my own reflection in my glasses. "You will forget everything I've just told you. You'll write that I had very good reasons to have missed school all the times I did. Do you understand?"

"I understand." She blinked as I backed away, leaving her office without another word.

   I walked up to the table that Elena and Bonnie were sitting at, lunch tray in hand. "What'd Mrs. Hart want?" Bonnie asked, and Elena nodded, wanting the same answer.

   "Not really even sure." I shrugged, "probably about my absences. I compelled her to say I had good reasons to miss school."

   "Blair! You can't compel people." Elena sighed after swallowing her food.

   "I may have been annoyed with her and told her everything so I had to." Elena was about to yell again but Dana walked up to our table.

   "Hey, Elena, there you are. Okay. This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight."

   "Tell him she has a boyfriend." Bonnie huffed.

   "And a hungry sister." I grinned but Elena slapped my arm. "Kidding, kidding."

   "You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. His name is Klaus." Dana smiled.

   Elena scoffed, "I'm sorry, what did you just day?"

   "His name is Klaus. I know the names stupid but I swear he's hot."

   "Where is he? Is he here?" Bonnie asked, looking around the cafeteria as if she would recognize him if he was. My eyes scanned the entire room, not seeing Klaus anywhere.

   "I don't know." Dana shrugged.

   "He's not. If he was here, he's already gone." I sat back down.

   "She's been compelled." Bonnie whispered to elena.

   Dana smiled again, "but he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance. How cute it that?"

   I walked into the gym, where everyone was in hideous dresses and bright colors. Ric, Caroline and Matt were on the only ones I seen. Ric was awkwardly dancing near some students. Matt and Caroline were dancing together, although Matt didn't look at all comfortable. I walked up to Ric and the students he was with. "Hey, can I steal you, Mr. Saltzman?" I asked, and he nodded, following me away from the two teens he was with.

   "Did I miss anything?" I whispered, "I couldn't find a dress. They were all too fifties."

   Ric smiled, "well, you made the right choice. This one looks good on you."

   I let out a breathy laugh, feeling awkward. "Thank you."

   "As far as I know, Klaus isn't here. Elena said she recognized everyone." Ric shrugged, "Everyone left. They're still in the school, just not in here."

   "Alright, I'll look for them. Thanks." I smiled at him quickly before making my way back into the hall.

   I seen Jeremy instantly, on the ground with three guys hovering over him. "Get off him!" I yelled as I ran over to the four. I threw one kid off quickly, he hit the wall pretty hard, yet still came back to fight again. "What the hell, kid?" I pushed him back, this time he hit his head on the locker, but again came back to fight.

   Damon and Stefan came out of no where as well. "Hey, idiots!" Damon yells as the boys start pulling out weapons. They all backed away from Jeremy and aimed their weapons at Damon, Stefan and I. I helped Jeremy get on his feet and stood in front of him. One of the boys used his crossbow to shoot Damon in the shoulder with a stake. "Let me guess, Klaus says hi?"

   The boys all tried using their weapons against us. Stefan knocked one of them out, and Damon held a stake to another. "No, no, no, no. Don't kill him, he's compelled."

   "So?" Damon and I said at the same time.

   "So, this is whole thing is a distraction. Go find Bonnie and Elena. I got this. Go." Damon knocked out the kid instead of killing him and the two of us ran in different directions. I went towards the entrance, and Damon went back toward the dance. I checked every classroom, but the girls were nowhere I looked.

I tried listening for them, but the music was too loud to hear anything else. "Damnit." I yelled, running to the otherside of the school. Coming to the cafeteria, where Ric was standing on one side of the room and Bonnie on the other.

"Is that all you got?" Ric tested, smirking, watching Bonnie's nose start to bleed.

Bonnie held her hand up, breaking Ric's leg. "Let's find out."

"Ric?" As I was about to barg into the cafeteria, Damon stopped me. "What are you doing?"

"You can't stop her. She has to kill him." Damon's hands gripped my biceps and held me still. "Klaus needs to die, Blair."

Realizing that Klaus had somehow taken over Ric's body - and that the compliment 'Ric' gave me wasn't as creepy as I thought - I shook my head, "no! Damon, I have to stop her. All she's going to do is kill herself!"

Damon sighed as he kept his grip, "are you wanting to stop her so she doesn't die, or so Klaus doesn't?"

I stopped struggling. "That's what you think? That I don't want him to die? Damon, he broke me! I want him dead more than anything in the world. I want Bonnie to live. I want her to put herself first and do something for herself! She's only doing this for Jeremy, because she doesnt want him to lose another family member. Let me help her, please!"

"This was her idea, and she wants to do it, B. We can't stop her. Give up." Damon shook his head as Elena and Stefan ran up as well, demanding to be told where Bonnie was. Stefan tried to break down the doors but Bonnie used her magic to keep them closed.

   "Bonnie, no!" Elena screamed while pounding on the door. Tears were brimming my eyes as I leaned against the wall beside the door, feeling useless. Even if we could get in the cafeteria, Bonnie would still do everything to stop Klaus. There wasn't anything we could do, and if I had just found Bonnie sooner, I may have been able to talk to out of all this.

   The room that once had sparks shooting from the broken lights and papers flying around was now dark, and the doors were no longer locked by Bonnie's magic. Elena ran into the room first, grabbing the unconscious Bonnie and pulling her into her arms. "No! Oh! Bonnie, Bonnie! Hey, hey!" Elena yelled, trying to get her to wake up, but she wouldn't.

   My tears started falling when I couldn't hear Bonnie's heartbeat. "I should have been faster." I mumbled as I stared at the ground, not having the guts to look at Bonnie.

   "Stefan, she's not breathing!" Elena's tears started to fall as well when she realized Bonnie wasn't just unconscious. "Stefan! Stefan, I can't find her pulse! Stefan! Do something, please!" Elena's voice broke over and over but she wouldn't stop talking. "Stefan, please! Give her blood, do something, please!"

   Elena finally looked up at Stefan, "it's too late. I'm sorry."

   "I should have been faster." I repeated, over and over again. Damon came in the room finally.

   "Stefan, get them out of here. I'll deal with the body." Damon said, crouching down beside Bonnie.

   I didn't hesitate to leave, where as Elena and Stefan fought with Damon. I just went back to the boarding house, grabbed a bottle of bourbon and laid in Damon's bed. I chugged the bottle quickly, falling asleep with it still in my hand.

I didn't know how to end this chapter
lmao. sorry it's not great, it was rushed
and I just wanted to get another chapter
out. pls vote and comment your opinions!
also there's a gif below of who I imagined
for mrs. hart. lmao fuck miss grundy amirite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 8.2K 23
When Gideon resigned from the BAU, he left the Doctor Spencer Reid a letter, explaining himself and why he left. But he also left a picture of a gir...
364K 6.9K 29
Beth Kane, a girl from the sky. Lincoln never thought he would betray his clan for a girl he hardly knew but there was something about her he couldn'...
9.7K 198 12
Scarlett Winchester is Dean and Sam's half little sister. When she was 10, Sam left the hunting business and left her with her father, John and her o...
11K 80 27
What if Jessica had a twin sister and Christopher had a twin brother? The adventure will be the same but just twice the fun. All rights go to Disney.