Bahama Breeze (Completed)

By KylaKnowlesCarter

Beyoncé just got out of an abusive marriage. A start over is what she needs, so when her best friend Nicki Of... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVIII
Epilogue
Read
Bonus Chapter
Bahama breeze 2

XVII

4.3K 230 79
By KylaKnowlesCarter

July 25, 2016

Shawn sat in an interview for the Essence magazine. He wanted to get this over with as soon as possible so he could bury himself in some extra work. He found himself doing that since he left Beyoncé in the Bahamas.

His sister had been trying to get him out and about but he refused most of the time. He just saw no reason to anymore unless it was for business moves.

"So we've seen you around with a New woman is she the reason you cancelled your wedding?" The lady conducting the interview asked him.
Her name was Silvia and she was planning on asking him just about everything. She was huge fan of his Ex and believe that black women should always stick together no matter what. So In her eyes Beyoncé broke that code.

"No, she's not. I met her after I called the wedding off." Shawn replied.

"Why did you call your wedding off?"

"Does it matter?" He asked. He really didn't want to do any interviews on Alexus. She wasn't worth his time and he wasn't going to pencil her in it either.

"To the people it does."

"Well to me it doesn't so move on." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"So what's your new girls name?" Silvia asked with an attitude and Shawn rolled his eyes.

"She not my girl, she's a lady." he said in a nasty tone.

"No need to get upset I'm just calling it like I see it. Only a real woman knows to keep you legs close to men that are taken." This interview was no longer professional and Shawn wasn't having it.

"I don't know if this is your first job or what. But you're very disrespectful. She's a lady that had nothing to do with my breakup. She didn't even know who I was until I left the Bahamas. I understand you're an advocate for woman and you love to 'sis' this and 'sis' that but check your 'sis'" she slept with my brother for years and and that's why I called off the wedding. There's your exclusive sis I'm out." He said removing the mic and the adapter from his body.

The media had been portraying something that didn't sit well with him and now that the cat would be out of the bag he felt like he could live his life. He had one more thing to handle and he would be good.

*

*

*

"You know my sister been crying right?" Derrick said to Shawn.

"Well maybe she'll get her act together this time." Shawn said. They were at his home talking business. Shawn and Derrick connect with each other right after the Bahamas. It was Shawn's way of getting help when it came to Beyoncé.

"Aye that still my sister!" Derrick said laughing.

"I'm just playing but you got everything right?"

"Yes but you sure about this? It might not go over to well." Shawn was sure he wanted her and he'd go beyond just to have her.

"I'm sure it will."

"How can you be so sure?" Derrick asked. He's known his sister and things like this she hated.

"I just am."

"You better be glad I like you otherwise I'd kick your ass for making her cry."

"She made me cry first though. I promise she had me in my feelings when she said 'don't make this harder than it had to be' man I was a little bitch."

"Woman will do that."

"Tell me about it."

"I think she'll like it."

"She better I spent all my good money on her." Shawn joked.

"There's no way," Derrick said.

"I didn't spend all my money, that would be a lot to spend. But I would if she wanted me too."

"You love her that much, huh?"

"With all my heart! I just want her to love me back. I know she can she just has to know she can."

"My sister has been through a lot though." Derrick told him.

"I know and I love her more for it because she's learned from the things that harmed her." Shawn replied.

"I don't know," Derrick hesitated a little.

"At least y'all have something in common." Shawn chuckled.

"Shut up," Derrick laughed.

"I'm just saying just trust me, I got her. If anything you should be scared for me." Shawn laughed.

"You're right, just take care of my sister. She's the only one I have and she's all I got." Derrick said reaching his hand out for a hand out. Shawn shook his hand and gave him a brotherly hug.

"I got her, I promise." With that Derrick and Shawn continued to talk and gather the things around them.

*

*

*

Beyoncé

July 26, 2016

"I really don't think this is necessary," Beyoncé groaned. Pulling the dress out of the box.

"Yes it is!" Nicki said looking at the dress.

"Nicki I'm not giving you 25,000 back you do realize I'm on a teachers salary and unemployment doesn't pay me this much right."

"Yes, just think of it as a gift." Nicki said waving her off. She didn't pay for it anyway.

"You're use to this, I'm not. This is a lot of money."

"And its money we have, so put the damn dress on so we can go."

"What if I see him," Beyoncé whined.

"Then you'll face him, but that's not what we are worried about." Nicki and Beyoncé were going to the met Gala tonight. Meek was suppose to meet them there along with Shawn.

Beyoncé was dreading seeing Shawn because they were on bad terms but because they lived in the same city and had best friends who were married they were bound to see each other.

"Nicki I never asked but what is the Met Gala?"

"Officially, it's the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit, a black-tie extravaganza-"

"How much is this shit?"

"Tickets this year are $30,000 apiece, and tables are $275,000. The party and exhibit are sponsored, so all the money raised from ticket sales goes to the Costume Institute."

"I don't have have money like that, I'm not going to this go get your money back!"

"Yes you are its paid for already, and I don't get my money back so you are going!" Beyoncé groaned because honestly she just wanted to stay in Bed and sulk.

*

"I'm promise your ass is aggravating put the damn camera down!" Nicki laughed.

"But I'm pretty," she said in awe.

"Correction you're sexy as hell! You might snatch a few niggas tonight," Nicki smiled.

"But I only wanted one," Beyoncé frowned and started looking out of the window. Nicki smiled hearing her friend verbally speak her mind. She was containing her excitement because Beyoncé had no idea what she was in for tonight.

*

Beyoncé stood in the middle of the Carpet not knowing what to do. Camera's were flashing and her nerves were getting the best of her.

Her and Nicki came together but somehow they ended up getting separated. Beyoncé had never been here before so she didn't know what to do or how to act.

"Hey! Over here!" A reporter called. So far it was the first reporter and she was thankful for that.

"Hi my name is Terrence J! I'm with E news-"

"I know who you are," Beyoncé smiled."

"Good and I know of you too! I'm sure nobody else has figured it out because with out the shades we see your full face." Beyoncé frowned.

"Excuse me?"

"You're the new Lady in Shawn Carters Life." He said.

"Oh!" She said realizing this was the first time the public had fully seen her face.

"Yes we seen you all over the Bahamas with him and it looks like y'all had a time."

"No comment?" She said in a confused tone. She never did one of these so she didn't know what she was suppose to say. She knew for a fact you never tell your personal business though.

"I see what you did there-"

"Bey! There you are I've been looking all over for you!" Nicki said trying to save her from the interview.

"Nicki Minaj! You came with Nicki Minaj?" Terrence asked in a shocked tone.

"She's my best friend," Beyoncé smiled.

"Well can I get a picture of you two ladies!" They both took the picture for him and began walking.

Beyoncé started walking and after awhile Nicki was no where to be found again. It was aggravating because she kept losing her. This time Beyoncé kept walking. occasionally she would stop so somebody could snap a picture just in case she was somebody important.

"Your dress is beautiful! Pose I want a picture!" One of the camera men yelled.

"Over the shoulder!" Another one yelled behind her.

"Damn Nicki did a good job." She heard his voice and her head snapped forward quickly.

"Corey?" She whispered and he smiled grabbing her hand and kissing it looking into her eyes.

"Shawn! Shawn! over here," they heard but didn't pay it any attention. They were so focused on each other that the crowed didn't matter.

"Yeah," he finally answered after awhile."

"Can we uh go somewhere and talk?" She smiled at him a little.

"Yeah right after I take a picture with my girlfriend." Beyoncé's smile dropped when he released her hand. He then pulled her by the waist and turned for the cameramen.

Beyoncé tried so hard not to smile when he did that and she almost couldn't help it.

When they were done, they walked into the building. Beyoncé didn't know how to feel because as soon as they walked in Meek came out and pulled Shawn away.

"I'm sorry Bey." Shawn said before leaving and Beyoncé nodded sadly.

*

*

*

Shawn

Everything was ruined. He was suppose to be with Beyoncé tonight but his mother had a heart attach. Meek informed him and Shawn had to leave early.

Tonight was suppose to be one of the best nights of his life. He was planning on proposing to Beyoncé but now it was halted because of this.

Shawn walked through the hospital doors and immediately walked to the desk with his security guard right behind him.

"Gloria Carter?"

"Are you Family?" The nurse asked him.

"Yes I'm her son."

"The doctor is talking to the rest of your family now."

"Alright but is she okay?"

"The doctor needs to tell you everything." The nurse said.

"Okay what room?"

"Their in the ICU lobby now, floor 4" she told him and he rushed to the elevator with his security right behind him.

Once he reached the floor he saw his brother and Alexus hugged up and crying. The doctor was just leaving and he stopped. He tenses up not because of them but because he knew right then his mother was gone.

He could see it in their eyes but he didn't want to believe it.

"She's gone?" He asked the doctor and he shook his head yes.

"We tried everything we could but her heart was just too weak.

"She's gone," he whispered again. He couldn't even cry. He just turned to walk away.

*

*

Thanks for Reading!

Comment and Vote!

Until Next Time! ✌🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

674K 26K 40
"If you asked me three months ago what heartbreak was, I would tell you it's losing somebody close to you due to unspeakable circumstances. But right...
HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

931 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...
128K 8.2K 40
No family,only a trust fund. Finally able to move on from the death of her boyfriend. Beyoncé finds herself in a bind. She's offered a position as a...
Always By Liberia

Fanfiction

42.7K 3.2K 35
This is the story of a girl who was born into a family so different compared to who she was. They had a high status in society, often holding dinner...