Should Have Walked Away | Aar...

By LovableTabbyCat

"I'm unique, what can I say?" Book 1. Completed: 1 January 2019 *Second story I've ever completed* ⠁⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑... More

𝔬 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔴 𝔬
𝔱 𝔥 𝔯 𝔢 𝔢
𝔣 𝔦 𝔳 𝔢
𝔰 𝔦 𝔵
𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱
𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔢 𝔫
𝔢 𝔩 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔩 𝔳 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔣 𝔦 𝔣 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔰 𝔦 𝔵 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔬 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔴 o
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔥 𝔯 𝔢 𝔢
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔦 𝔳 𝔢
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔦 𝔵
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔬 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔴 𝔬
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔥 𝔯 𝔢 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔦 𝔳 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔦 𝔵
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢
𝔣 𝔬 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶

𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯

808 34 6
By LovableTabbyCat

Aaron finds me around lunch, and I was watching the family at the farm again. They seemed so kind and loving, and. . . Happy.

Their life and emotions reflected on the plants and they looked so vibrant, healthy, thriving.

"That's Molly and Dale. The little girl is their blood daughter Alexis, and the little boy is their adopted son Levin. They're also thinking about getting another son, Malachi from the orphanage on the far side of the city."

"They seem nice."

"They are. And their produce is fantastic."

I turned to him with my hands in my front pockets now. "Well? Where are the people you want to introduce me to?"

He smiled and started walking the other way. Today he wore the same jacket as last night but with white pants and the jacket was closed.

He itches at his wrist and I guessed he didn't really like it much.

The light blinded me for a second when reflecting on the sun-bleached pavement of a portion on the ground. I squinted and pulled my hood farther over my face. My natural hair is straight with curl in the ends and it fell a bit over my eye, making me move it out of the way as I followed him around the castle to one of the neighborhoods.

We got to a house slightly separate from the others, a large tree hanging over it and the door a dark green. Flowers and other flora popped out from every corner of the small home.

Aaron knocked on the door and I heard a familiar voice call: "Coming!"

Surely enough, a few seconds later a blue eyed elf opened the door and smiled at the prince, then turning to me and clapping giddily.

I sighed. "Hi, Zoey."

"Hi, hi!" She grabbed my wrist, "Come in, you two!"

She pulled me inside and I nearly stumbled into her living room. Just like the outside, it was all wood, green, and flowers. There were some scattered books and it was slightly cluttered but entirely charming.

There were a few people sitting in the room. One had red hair that faded to orange and a little bit of yellow, like fire, as well as bright green eyes. She wore a dress with thick tank-top sleeves and it was tight on her torso, but below a belt it loosened and flared into a casual princess-worthy dress.

I saw Emmalyn, obviously Zoey, and two guys. They had armor nearby and I realized I saw them my first day in Falcon Claw. Guards. One was blonde with blue and slight teal eyes, and one had pale brown hair and light baby blue eyes.

The brunette smirked and the blonde smiled kindly. Emmalyn smiled and waved, adjusting her glasses and tucking hair behind her ear.

The fire-head looked me up and down with a bright spark in her eyes.

"Aphmau, this is Cadenza, Laurence, Garroth, and-"

"Emmalyn. I bought a book from her the other day." I nodded to everyone she pointed out and took mental notes on them.

Cadenza seems proper. She looks happy as if she takes pride in being here. Her dress is beautiful, and her nails were painted to a T.

Laurence's smirk alone identified him as a Casanova. But I noticed that even in his loose and carefree state of having his arm on the back of the couch, he was tense in his upper torso and he had his sword nearby, as well as his armor including his helmet. He took his job seriously.

Garroth seemed proper as well and I noticed the tension in his hand and fingers when they were near the sword. Attachment.

"You can hold the sword if you want. I guarantee all of you are good friends and it won't affect me." I shrugged. "Plus, I'm probably stronger than you so I'm not scared whatsoever."

Hesitantly, Garroth grabbed his sword and put it on his lap. I nodded, and Laurence jumped in. "Is that a bet?"

"That I could beat you? Hell yeah."

"You're on."

"Wait, could you take off the hood, miss. . . Uh, Aphmoo?" Cadenza asked, clearly sorry for mispronouncing my name. I laughed a little to ease her.

"It's Aphmau, but don't feel bad. If I had a crown for every time someone said my name wrong, I'd probably be rich." I assured while lowering my hood and unclipping the cloak. I hug it on a rack in Zoey's mud room.

"There we go." I put my hands on my hips perkily once back in the living space. Laurance and Garroth scrutinized all my weaponry with a keen eye, noticing the shine. Probably thought it was used recently and I cleaned it to cover my tracks. I looked and touched my sword as I spoke. "I don't use any of them. They're safety only and I have more than necessary because often common villagers and people don't have the proper equipment when caught in surprise. I keep them clean because, honestly, I have nothing better to do. Like I said, I don't use them. I don't kill." I dropped my arm. The subject dropped.

"What about the mask? Could you take that off too?" Why is she asking this?

"I would prefer to keep it on," I touched the mask with my fingers.

"Please!"

I shook my head and dropped my hand but noticed the guards tense.

"Has she been checked?" Garroth asked Aaron. He nodded but it only eased him a little bit.

I guess it couldn't hurt. Just can't loose track of time. Besides, I can't get caught here. Show them without my fangs, and they'll trust me until I have to leave.

With that, I went to the mud room again and retracted my fangs as I made a show of the noise my weapons make, concealing the sound of my fangs. I had to try to make noise at least, it's surprisingly hard because I travel so light and comfortable. Regardless of my fangs being hidden, I stuffed my mask into my pocket.

Once back in the living room, Cadenza squealed and I blinked in shock.

"I knew it! Aphmau! You're beautiful!" She quelled with a little kick in her legs out of excitement.

My cheeks went hot and I shifted on my feet uncomfortably, hands behind my back.

"Yeah, she is." Laurence purred. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

Garroth seemed a little uneasy still as I hadn't opened my mouth. But in my response to Laurance, he calmed.

"Save it Casanova. You still up for that bet?" I wiggled an eyebrow and smirked and in reply he laughed and hopped up.

Zoey guided us to the kitchen where we went on either side of the island.

We rested our elbows on the table and Cadenza commenced the countdown.

"Three," We clasped our hands.

"Two," he cocked his eyebrow and I rolled my eyes.

"One," he started pushing light as to go easy on me - a girl - but when I pushed back easily I started winning.

He looked between our hands and my face and I cocked an eyebrow at him, now.

"Are you even trying?" I laughed as my hand went the smallest bit back.

"No, you?" He was lying and everyone knew it. He pushed harder and you could even see sweat gathering on his forehead in the smallest bit.

"Ok, you're trying too hard, sweetheart. Don't tire yourself out." I laughed at his comment.

"Actually, I'm not. Here," I put his hand on the table proving his defeat. "Now I'm not trying." I put my head in my hand as sassily blew on my nails.

He just stared at me. "How. . ."

I laughed at his shock and Garroth slapped him on the shoulder. "You just lost to a girl, bro."

I looked sideways and smiled to annoy him and he laughed. "Wow. How much do you work out?"

"Not much, but I do kind of live everywhere so I have to stay fit to survive." I shrugged. And my super-human strength, but uh. They don't need to know that.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't stay in one place very long, and I know basically every survival skill, but I have to be strong to do some of them."

"Hm." He hummed. Garroth looked thoughtful as well.

I tapped my nails on the counter and Cadenza squealed again. "Aphmau! Your. Nails. Are. Perfect! Please let me do them!"

I blinked in confusion. "Huh?"

"Your nails?" She grabbed my hand and poked my nails with hers.

"Yeah, what about them?"

She squealed and bent her knees in excitement. "Please let me paint your nails!"

"Uhhhh, sure?" Instantly I was grabbed and pulled into the living room.

"Okay! Gloves off! And this side of the room is really warm so you might want to change your shirt."

I noticed she was right. The sun hit that side of the room perfectly but even in the slight shade, it was warm. I swallowed. 7 minutes in, 23 left.

"I'll be fine."

Avoiding the light, I walked to the corner of the room and sat on a stool while she sat opposite me. She looked at me as if telling me I was going to get hot.

I rolled up my sleeves a bit but refused to take it off even if I have a tank top always underneath it.

The others took note of my arm.

"You have a tattoo?"

I looked at my wrist and up. You could tell it went farther up but you couldn't see all of it due to the long sleeves.

"Yeah. A few actually. They're just normally out of sight." I shrugged and Cadenza put my hands on the table. I was glad my wrists faced down so nobody asked about the symbols on my right wrist.

"What color do you like?"

I considered. "I only really wear the clothes I have, so black and brown. Not often colorful."

"Okay, well lets change that! I've been staying here recently so I have everything I need!"

"Okay, I guess."

She started grabbing colors out and held them up, closing one eye and sticking her tongue out to figure out the right color for me. Finally, she smiled. "This! Purple totally fits you!" She picked out a few more with an expert eye.

I smiled a little bit. I used to love purple. I haven't seen it - other than flowers - in a long time. This might not be so torturous after all.

Laurance pulled up a chair beside me as Cadenza began. "So, tell me about yourself gorgeous." His eyes flickered to my covered chest with a corset and I rolled my eyes.

"Eyes are up here, Casanova. And no thanks."

"Come on, just a little bit?"

"Ask, then maybe."

"Okay, let's see." He tapped his chin and looked out the window. He was probably trying to be endearing.

"Where were you born?"

"Pass."

"Last name?"

"Pass."

"Blood type?" He mocked a vampire of legend and I had to admit it was kinda funny.

I smiled slightly. "H deficient, O negative," I informed and he looked shocked.

"That's like, one in a million."

"Yeah so am I," I smirked and focused on Cadenza doing designs on one of my fingers. If only they knew how true that was.

"Ha. I bet." He said, making me scoff.

"Not gunna work, flirt."

I saw Aaron out of the corner of my eye. He had been silent the whole time, just as Emmalyn but I now saw them talking. By how excited she looked it was probably about books - I got an insane bookworm vibe from her.

"Oh! Did you hear about the recent attacks?" She asked him suddenly worried.

My head shot up from my nails. "What attacks?"

She turned to me. "There was another vampire attack. On Scaleswind."

"What? That's not a village or town - that's a city just under half the size of Falcon Claw!" Aaron exclaimed. Emmalyn turned to him.

She nodded, fidgeting with her sleeves. "They said there was something really powerful practically barreling through people and the casualty rate was higher than ever."

My eyes widened and I spoke without thinking. "Hybrids."

⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽

Word count: 2049
є∂ιтє∂*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 312 3
hello guys... It's my another imagination based story with ashdeep ❤
610K 9K 34
This book started out as a means to my own desires. I wanted to have a x-male-reader book with CORRECTLY SPELT WORDS AND STORIES THAT MADE SENSE, so...
4.4K 184 20
AAAAA I LOVE WRITING TSP SO MUCH <33 I'm gonna write this one by like, uhm, Chapter one will be Day One Chapter Two will be like Night one and so...
15.5K 200 20
A love story of two college students falling in love with each other being from different parts of the world. [PART 2 IS OUT NOW!] started part 1: Ju...