His Harem, his women and his...

By Fionalibby

Through times we have heard unconventional love stories, there was 'Layla and Majnu' 'Romeo and Juliet' 'Jodh... More

His Harem, his women and his WOMAN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61 part-one
Chapter 61 part-two
Author's note and a Thank you
Epilogue
Sequel / Book two

Chapter 60

6.6K 324 37
By Fionalibby

Not Edited

Today was the twins third birthday. Omeed woke early keeping with her usual routine. Except this day was anything but usual for Omeed and all of Persia. Asal was about to bear the brunt of Omeed's wrath but first of all the same ministers who had petitioned to make her queen of Persia will dethrone her.

'What she had thought all along was her sheer malevolent brilliance will be coming to naught by the time I am through with her. The most I am giving is four days for her to be deposed as queen of Persia.' Omeed thought to herself with a wicked glint in her eyes as she waits for the ministers to shift the blame for the eventual calamity that will befall them all.

"I have everything prepared your highness." Omeed's closest confidante says as he enters her study. Omeed nods her head emotionlessly. "Non of these can be traced back to us." He informs Omeed as she examines the content of what he had handed her.

"Good, send a copy to each and every minister on this list. They will hand back my position as queen of Persia to me in less than seven days." She says emotionlessly handing him several missives. "Oh in the main time we best start putting our things together. Any word yet on Ali?" She ask with indifference.

"Not yet your highness, but I am told they are close to nabbing him." He says with a smirk.

"Good they had better hurry up. But for now I have two very curiously anxious boys to take into town." She smiles at the thought of her sons first step outside her estate. They had refused to sleep the night before, chattering about their expectation.

"The guards are ready and the gifts have been prepared." He notifies Omeed. "I have gone through the safety measures with them just in case." Omeed just nods her head as he goes through the safety procedures with her.

"They'll both share a palanquin while you sit alone in yours. Or you can all share one." He suggests to Omeed who remained thoughtful for a while then said.

"I would rather share with them so it easier to answer their queries. You know what they are like, there will be a lot of questions." They both laughed. "I sometimes wonder if they took after me or their father when it comes to their curious mind." She smiles sadly thinking of Hafez.

Omeed inhales deeply as she rises from her chair to make her way out into the courtyard where Prince Nouri and prince Arsham awaits her. "Royal mother!" They both squealed as soon as they see Omeed's approaching figure. "Can we go now please?"

Omeed has never before now seen her sons this excited. It made her feel guilty for keeping them indoors all this time. But she consoled herself knowing it meant they were safe.

"Alright children get in." She says as she gently shoves them into her palanquin. "You must be on your best behaviour and no running off." She warns them even though the chances of them actually doing as they've been told was next to none.

"Yes, royal mother." The chorused with a grin of their chubby faces. They didn't realise how nervous their mother was as her heart hammers. Even after going through all possible scenarios in her head for over a year, Omeed was still nervous not just for her sake but for her boys.

"Royal look at that!" Omeed heard them say. "What is that called?" They question her. "Can we touch it?" They ask with excitement. "Let's get closer so we can feel it." These were some of the words the twins use as they sat inside Omeed's elaborate palanquin.

Many who knew and recognised her palanquin stopped and stared. Most bowed their heads in greetings as she was escorted. Some wondered out loud why her security seemed a lot more than usual. Whilst others were just too happy to catch a glimpse of their gracious queen.

Even now most have bluntly refused to acknowledge Asal as their queen. To many she has done nothing but sit on her throne looking pretty in extravagant clothes. They had no idea Hafez had stripped her of such influence.

Coming to an halt outside the medical centre, Omeed and her sons stepped out of her palanquin to an astound crowd. People starred openly their mouths agape with incredulity.

Even though Omeed frequented the streets of Isfahan and they always thought her beautiful. Today she looked exceptionally stunning. And her best accessories were the little boys with firm grip of her hands. "Royal mother, why are they staring at us?" Nouri ask shyly.

"They are staring because they've never seen a more good looking boy than yourself and your brother." Omeed teased making Nouri blush as he unknowingly shield himself from the prying eyes all around them. He hid behind Omeed seeking solace.

But Arsham was different. He was lapping all the attention as he learnt about the world around him. "Your highness, what a surprise to see you." The head physician ran out to welcome Omeed and her group. "It's been a while since you last came over."

"Yes it has." Omeed replies with a smile. "It's been a few months actually." The last time Omeed was at the medical centre was on princess Ladan's birthday. Omeed goes to the medical centre on her children's birthday except for the first time she has decided to take her sons along.

"Who are these little rascals?" The head physician ask smiling at the twins. "I can already tell they must be quite an handful."

"Oh, they are my sons. Prince Arsham and Prince Nouri." Omeed watched with glee as the man's face went from smiling to shock then anger before turning into a wide grin. She kept quiet as she watched him take in the new bit of information. The bystanders that were close enough all gasp.

"Your highness--do you mean--?" Omeed just nods her head and said.

"Yes they are." She says loudly. "It's their birthday today and I wanted them to see the outside world for the first time in their lives."

"Royal mother, can we go inside now?" Arsham ask impatiently pulling on Omeed's hand as she smiles apologetically.

"Arsham!" Omeed chastises him for his rude behaviour. "Please pardon him. His excitement at seeing new things is quite overwhelming." Omeed apologises as the doctor shook with laughter.

"It is to be expected of them." He says dropping to his knees so he was eye level with both boys. "What are your names your highness?" He asked prince Nouri.

"I am called prince Nouri and my big brother is called prince Arsham." He replies calmly. "Please lead the way! We still have a lot to see today." Omeed rolled her eyes as she watch their interaction.

"Yes my prince. This way." The children toured the clinic and were saddened to know what life meant for people a lot less privileged than themselves. Seeing sick children in pain brought tears to their eyes as they ask what could be done to help.

Their next stop was the street market of Isfahan. Words had already gone out and merchants stood outside their shops ignoring their businesses and customers as Omeed and her group walked by. They all stared in amazement at the realisation Persia already had two capable heirs.

"Royal mother, can we have those sweets?" Nouri cried out with excitement as he stands in front of a sweet vendor. "They look really delicious." He gulps licking his lips.

"Yes you may." Omeed states as she approaches the vendor whose hands shook as he sold some sweets to the group. Unfortunately though, Arsham had other ideas. He wanted to explore some more before his mother beckons him to return to their estate.

Taking off into a sprint, a bored Arsham leaves the group. "Arsham!" Nouri shouts after his brother as three guards run after the boys. Cursing themselves for not expecting him to take off whilst wishing they had held his hands more firmly.

Prince Arsham bumped into someone as he ran tripping on abandoned pebbles. With a scoff of disbelief he remained on his knees waiting to be assisted up. "Let me help you up." A male voice says giving his hands to a grumpy Arsham who takes it with hesitation.

"Big brother, there you are!" Nouri sighs. "You are in a lot of trouble for running away from royal mother and the guards. Now she'll never let us outside again." He says with folded hand and a pout. "Thank you kind sir for helping my brother."

"Your highness, you shouldn't take off running like that. It is dangerous--." The guard named Azad who had been speaking stopped abruptly looking at the people stood in front of him. "Your--your majesty." He says quietly as he bows his head discreetly.

Hafez stared at the young boys before him in confusion. Then back at the guards who he knew were part of his elite team. Azad referring to the boys as highnesses hasn't gone unnoticed to Hafez who wondered why a member of his elite team was guarding a foreign royalty.

Amir though has already spotted the resemblance between Hafez and the boys. Making the connection to Omeed who had ask for their service years ago when she left the palace. "Come on Arsham we best return to royal mother." Nouri pulls his older brother from Hafez's grip.

Hafez didn't realise he was still holding onto the young boy until he felt Nouri's tug. "I will never let them out after today." Omeed grumbles loudly to her maid as she pushes past the stream of market visitors like a raging bull.

"I am highly disappointed in Arsham." She continues to complain loudly as she makes her way towards her children. "He is the oldest and also the wild--." she stops talking and walking midstride as she takes in the sight before her. She quickly blinked a few times hoping it was just her imagination.

"Royal mother, I tripped over and it's bleeding." Arsham says running towards a stiffened Omeed. She couldn't tear her eyes away from Hafez's as both their hearts clenches in despair. It's been four years since they last saw each other. "Forgive me." Arsham continues to say.

Hafez felt desolate and bereft as he continues to stare at his Omeed. "Royal mother, why are you crying?" Nouri asked in an unchanged tone breaking Hafez and Omeed out of their reverie as a lone tear escapes Omeed's eye.

"It's nothing son." Omeed says inhaling deeply she licks her dried lips. "Let's return home immediately." She says suddenly as she watches Hafez stare between her and their sons continuously. In his eyes were the look of betrayal.

Hafez felt betrayed by Omeed. He couldn't believe she had moved on to someone else. They were still married under Islamic law. Yet the boys looked like an older Aaban. Their eyes were green like his. Hafez was sure once upon a time he too must have looked like them.

A part of him told him they were his sons since he felt connected to them, but if they were his why has Omeed not informed him all this time? She knew how much pressure he faced from every side of the spectrum to produce an heir.

"What was that all about?" Hafez says with gritted teeth once Omeed and her group has finally disappeared into the crowd. He turns to Amir sharply. "Tell me you knew nothing of this." He growls with an underline warning.

"I knew nothing your majesty. Her majesty had only requested their service and I thought you would have approved of it." Amir rushes out. "I also knew nothing about the children--." Amir starts to say but Hafez cuts him off.

"The children--the children are mine." He swallows hard. "They are mine. Are they not?" His voice was hoarse and strained as he tries to accept the fact that was displayed right before him. He had two sons, identical twins at that and he has had no part in their lives. Hafez laughs mockingly at himself.

He felt like he was about to go crazy, this was far too much for him to take. Hafez believed someone out there was out to make a mockery of him. If this was fate then the fates must be barking up the wrong tree. He had merely gotten the ministers to accept Omeed's return earlier that morning.

Hafez couldn't get over the look in Omeed's big brown orbs as they reflected her changing emotions in their shadowy depths. "She looked so sad Amir." He whispers. "I have to see them Amir, let's go to her estate immediately!" He orders even though they were already at the palace gates.

With those words Hafez and his entourage turned towards Omeed's estate. There was no way Hafez was going to return to the palace without answers from Omeed. "What I don't understand is why didn't Azad and his team inform us of the twins." Amir mutters offhandedly.

"Isn't it obvious where their allegiance lies?" A guard replies dismissively. "Even I won't have said a word." He says as an afterthought.

"Me too." Another guard says. "Her majesty lost two sons to very suspicious circumstances, it's only natural to be extremely protective of any other son." He says quietly so Hafez wouldn't hear. "I can still hear her heart-breaking sob when prince Aaban died and I thought she would die of grief as well."

"I won't want my sons in the palace either. Especially not after all the pain it brought her majesty." The first guard concludes with a sigh. He could already feel the chaos this discovery would bring Persia.

"Where is Omeed?" Hafez says as soon as he gets off his horse.

"Her highness is in the courtyard with the children." Azad replies with a bow as he gulps watching Hafez storms towards the courtyard where Omeed and her sons played with their birds. "Lord Amir." He greets Amir who just gives him an incredulous glare.

"We have no regrets, we will accept our punishment." The other guards quickly states. "We were sworn to secrecy and are bound by honour to her highness." Amir just shakes his head as he dashes after Hafez.

Hafez stood away from view as he watches Omeed and their sons play. Every anger he had initially muster up evaporated into thin air. The sight before him was too surreal to ruin with his wrath. "Are you just going to keep watching us from afar Hafez?" Omeed's voice rang in the courtyard.

She knew he would come to them if he was anything like the husband she remembered him to be. Omeed knew him better than he knew himself. "Didn't you come to see your sons?" She continues to say without looking at Hafez. "Why watch from afar?"

"Royal mother, who are you speaking to?" A baffled Arsham ask his mother.

"I am speaking to your father. He seems angry that I hid you boys away from him all this time." Omeed says with a calm voice as Hafez slowly walks towards them.

"Why did you hide us from royal father?" Nouri questions innocently.

"Because it was the safest way to keep you both alive and I was very selfish." Omeed says loudly. "I didn't want to have to loose you boys like I did your brothers." She says as unrestrained tears stream down her face.

"Perhaps if you explain to royal father then he would understand your reason for hiding away." Arsham assures Omeed who just nods her head.

"Would you boys like to meet your father?" Omeed ask them.

"Yes!" They both shout in the affirmative making Omeed chuckle. "Can we really do that royal mother?" Nouri cries. Even though Omeed sheltered them they always wanted to meet their father.

"We know how sad you always get when you speak or think about him." Arsham adds.

"Hafez, you heard them. They want to meet their father." Omeed says turning towards Hafez who was now merely few feet away from them.

"What are you doing here?" Arsham ask Hafez with a smile recognising him from their run in at the market. "Royal mother do you know him?"

"Yes, I do Arsham." Omeed says walking towards Hafez. "I know him because he is your father." Omeed says as Hafez pulls her into his arms. "I have missed you every moment of my life since we got separated." She cried.

"I failed you Omeed. I should have fought harder. I shouldn't have let you have your way." Hafez replies nuzzling Omeed's neck.

"I would have ran away if you forcefully tried to keep me in there." She says with a chuckle. "Nobody would have been able to keep me." She says stubbornly. "You know how stubborn I can get."

"Royal father?" The voice of their children broke their tender moment as two pairs of green eyes glare at them. They quickly pulled away from each other. Hafez dropped to his knees beckoning his sons over. They looked at  Omeed for permission so she just nods her head.

The both rushed towards Hafez as he hugged them. Hafez was emotional as much as he tried to control his emotions he just couldn't when faced with the overwhelming joy and pride in meeting his children for the first time.

The family spent the next few hours together. "You have to return to the palace Omeed." Hafez says.

"I will Hafez, but I will return as queen of Persia." He looked at her astonishingly. "Don't worry Hafez, sit back and watch the ministers who had me dethroned have me reinstated." She says coldly with a smile plastered on her face.

"Omeed, what are you up to?" Hafez ask sceptically. "Please don't endanger your life." He pleads.

"I won't be doing anything Hafez. They will." She says in annoyance. "Every single one of them will pay dearly for my suffering and that of my children." He voice cracked as she spoke. "They will motion to have Asal dethroned tomorrow. Just act surprised and take it from there."

Hafez gasp knowing this wasn't the young naïve Omeed he once knew. This new Omeed was calculating and was vengeful. With so much restrained bitterness. "Just let me know when you need my assistance." He responds yielding to her.

"Royal father, will you be spending the night with us?" Nouri ask Hafez who sighs dejectedly as he was torn between returning to the palace and remaining with them. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay as it would alert way too many people.

"I promise to visit tomorrow." He says sadly. With that Hafez returned to the eye of an unravelling storm. One he feared might shake the foundation of Persia if handled carelessly.

Hafez was up early the next morning. In actuality he hadn't slept a wink as the excitement from the previous day was too overwhelming for him. "Your majesty, it's time for court session." Amir arrives in time to remind him.

"Well let's go see what Omeed has been up to." He says with sarcasm as they make their way towards the royal hall. Hafez's face was devoid of any emotions he walked into the hall but the tension in the air had been awe-inspiring. "What has Omeed done?" He whispers in Amir's ear.

"Your majesty, we would like to motion for queen Asal to be dethroned." A minister announces.

"Yes your majesty. It has come to our attention that she has been interacting with ex prime minister Ali and she also sent assassins to deposed queen Omeed's home a few days ago." Another says. "She isn't virtuous enough as the mother of Persia."

"The citizens of Persia would rather have deposed queen Omeed as their queen since she is the mother of your heirs." Several gasps were heard since not many knew about Omeed's sons.

"It is only befitting that the mother of the future king is the queen of Persia. It would stabilize his stand as an heir apparent." A minister joins in. "Queen Asal treats the other consorts terribly and they are afraid of her. She should have embraced them as a senior member of the royal family."

"Also deposed queen Omeed has paid for her crime in hiding her identity. She is as much a Persian as anyone here." Hafez's heart hammers as he wonders what Omeed has on these ministers to make them do her bidding. Even the scholars were shocked to say the least.

"The twins are now three years old and should be receiving royal training as future king of Persia." Hafez had heard enough.

"Are there evidence backing your claims?" Hafez ask hoping there was something at least anything to seal the deal. He wanted his Omeed and his sons to return home where they belong.

"Yes your majesty." A minister says passing several scrolls to Hafez that implicates Asal. "Also, ex prime minister Ali was caught last night and has confessed to his dealings with queen Asal."

That was all Hafez needed to dethrone Asal.

Authors note: Sorry about the late update...just finished from work

Tell me what you think....and pardon the errors...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 397K 69
That 'yes' could mean my death, torture, hate, disrespect, rape or anything more heartless and brutal. But, keeping my head high I said 'I am ready...
501K 30.4K 46
Highest ranking, #1 in spiritual ( 10/7/2016 ) until ( 5/ 9/ 2016 ). How can you fix something that's already been broken, several times? I a...
26K 828 21
#1st Rank in #boldness "Go. Go. Go. Go." Both of them said pushing me inside and walking me towards my room. "Going. Going. Going, girls. Going." I...
9.7M 737K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...