Silent Love (PUBLISHED)

By OutOfMyLimit17

Carter Miller has always been in the spotlight. When your parents happen to be a rich CEO and a famous author... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1...
Chapter 2...
Chapter 3...
Chapter 4...
Chapter 5...
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7...
Chapter 8...
Chapter 9...
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14...
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17...
Chapter 18...
Chapter 19...
Chapter 20...
Chapter 21...
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
NEW STORY!
Chapter 26....
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28...
Chapter 29....
Chapter 30...
Chapter 31...
The Hidden Shadow!
Chapter 32...
Chapter 33...
Release Day!
Chapter 34...
Chapter 35...
Chapter 36....
RELEASE DAY 2!
Chapter 37....
Chapter 38....
Chapter 39...
Chapter 40...
Chapter 41...
Chapter 42...
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 43....
Chapter 44...
Chapter 45...
Chapter 46....
Chapter 47...
Chapter 48...
Chapter 49...
Epilogue Part 2...
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Bonus Chapter 3...
HUGE NEWS
COVER+PRE-ORDER!
PUBLISHED!!

Epilogue Part 1....

185K 4.6K 1.3K
By OutOfMyLimit17

Semi-edited.

Pretty sure I posted this cover before...but it fits with the chapter :)

 Song is...I'll Be by Edwin McCain. Love, love, love this song! <3

Happy Reading!! 

2 weeks later....

"You can do this Carter. It isn't that big of a deal." I chanted softly to myself as I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

I nervously smooth out my new dress that I got for tonight. Even though I kept telling myself this wasn't a huge deal, it was. Not everyone gets their art work displayed in one of the biggest Art Gallery's in New York. The entire place was going to be filled with all of my painting and drawings.

Over the last year I went to a few art galleries where they put a few of my paintings up. Apparently the head coordinator of Grey Art Gallery saw one of my pieces and contacted me saying she wanted to feature me. At first I thought it was a joke of course, I mean me getting my art showcased?!

Now three months later here I am. It has taken a while to put together entire pieces to show to people. A lot of my painting/drawings I thought weren't good enough to show others but after everyone telling me to use them I did. I barely just finished the last painting two days ago, which of course made me even more nervous it tonight.

"Babe you ready to go?" A head popped through the door. I glanced at my boyfriend through the mirror. My eye traveled the length of him greedily. I noticed he was wearing a light purple tie that matched my dress. While I looked him over I noticed he was doing the same thing to me. 

(I know this is Lily Collins but this dress is just beautiful!) 

"You look beautiful."

"Not too much?" I asked, biting on my lower lip as I looked back into the mirror.

"It can never be too much babe." He came up on me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Tonight is going to be great princess. I am so proud of you." He moved my hair off my neck and pressed a soft kiss to the side of my neck.

"Thank you." I leaned into his touch. It was nothing sexual, his touch just calmed me down.

"We better get going so we can get there on time." He mumbled against my skin. I shivered at this warm breath against me and nodded. I want to get there before the gallery officially opened and see everything first. So sadly Gage had to come along early as well but he didn't seem to mind. Everyone else would meet us there at 7 o'clock.

Gage unlaced his arms from around me and moved around the room. I once more checked my reflection before I sighed. It would have to do. Grabbing my clutch from the bed I checked to make sure I had everything I needed before following Gage out of our bedroom.

I was lucky to have Gage in this situation. He was the calm and steady force in my life. He knew how to calm my nerves and let me know things will be okay. If it wasn't for him I was definitely be a pool of nervousness and maybe have an anxiety attack.

Of course I am know to be nervous about anything but tonight it seemed 10 times worse. I have wanted my work to be displayed for so long and now with it finally happening I wasn't prepared. I really should have prepared myself more.

The entire ride to the gallery Gage kept his hand on my thigh as he drove. It was enough to stop me from jiggling my leg every two seconds but my hands shook slightly. I was afraid no one would like my art work and that is the worst thing that can happen to an artist.

When we pulled into the parking lot I noticed there were already a few cars, more would come soon as the clock ticked closer to 7 o'clock. I sat in the car staring at the building. I wasn't ready to go in and see all my work up on the walls with people scrutinizing them.

"Princess, everyone is going to love them. Don't worry." Gage spoke, his hand grabbing mine.

"But what if they don't? What if they hate my art work?"

"They will, how could they not? Mrs. Perkins would not have chosen your stuff is she didn't think you were good enough. And you are going to have everyone here to support you too."

"Their my family of course they have to like my stuff."

"Carter, look at me." I moved my gaze from the building to look at Gage. He twisted to the side to see me better. "Don't doubt yourself. I am not going to let you sit here and berate yourself. Your art work is amazing and if someone doesn't think so fuck them. I will hurt anyone that says otherwise."

Somehow his words made me smile. Leave it up to Gage to be the one to make me feel better every time. I brought my hand up and placed it on his cheek. The scruff on his face tickled my palm.

"Thank you."

"Always." He grinned at me. Turning his head he placed a soft kiss on my palm. "Now lets go show everyone how great of an artist my girlfriend is."

Entering the building I squeezed Gage's hand tighter as we made our way towards the open doors to the right. Walking through the doors I stopped in my tracks. All around me were my paintings. They were placed perfectly on the walls, so every turn you made you saw a painting. There were already a few people here gazing at one painting off to the side.

My eyes darted around the entire place. I couldn't see all the paintings but I was in awe at how great everything looked. I have spent weeks with Mrs. Perkins to set everything up perfectly and it looked exactly how I wanted it to be.

"Ms. Miller you are here!" Came a high pitched voice. I looked away from the room to see Mrs. Perkins making her way towards us. "Everything looks wonderful doesn't it?"

"It looks amazing Mrs. Perkins. Thank you again for all of this."

"No need to thank me. You did all the work." She placed a hand on my arm and squeezed. "Enjoy this moment. It is 7 o'clock so people start coming in any moment." She started to walk away before she paused. "There is an open bar over there. Have a glass of wine, it calms the nerves." Sending me a smile she walked off.

"How about we go get a drink?" Gage offered. I nodded. A drink actually sounded good right now.

For the next thirty minutes things became busy. It seemed right as the clock ticked 7 o'clock people came through the doors. Group after group walked in. I stood off to the side watching it all, amazed at how many people were here. I thought maybe 10 would come and my family/friends; not this much. Of course Gage kept whispering in my ear every few minutes about how he was right everyone liked my stuff.

I knew the moment my family walked through the door. Things got kind of quite, the soft music playing in the background. Everyone here knew my family. I mean half of these people are probably some rich people that my father knows but I didn't care.

One after another my entire came. And I mean every single person. All my aunts, uncles, grandparents, Gage's grandma. My family alone was enough to fill this room up. I made my way over to my mom who was clearly searching for me.

"Mom you guys made it!" I said once I was near.

"Like we would miss this." My mom, Layla, instantly pulled me into a tight hug. I inhaled her perfume and relaxed in her hold. Now that my family was here I was better.

"This looks incredible sweetheart." My dad said once my mother let go of me. After I hugged my dad I was then passed down the line to everyone else. Kacey and Nick congratulated me. Neena and Liam gushed about how great it all looked. My grandparents kept saying how they knew I would become a great artist. My real aunt and uncle-Ariel and Alex-went on about how proud they were of me. Gage's grandma just hugged me tightly, no words needed.

Everyone was so sweet and I was happy they all came. Slowly they all dispersed and moved around the room. Just as the last person walked off in walked my favorite people-Luke, Macey, Ethan, and Dylan. I was surprised to see neither Dylan or Ethan had a girl on their arm.

"Car this place looks great!" Macey said as she hugged me.

"Of course it does. My sister did it." Luke beamed at me. I grinned back.

"Who knew the girl who sat in her room all day, everyday either reading or painting would have her art work in such a big gallery." Ethan teased.

"It wasn't everyday." I pushed him although he didn't even move an inch. Dude was built.

"Whatever you say." He smirked at me. Rolling my eyes I turned to Dylan. He was standing there with a huge grin on his face, his hands behind his back.

"These are for you." He pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind his back. My eyes widened at them. They were my favorite too, yellow lilies.

"You didn't have to." I whispered as I grabbed them.

"Well seeing as no one else did does this mean I am your favorite?" He joked.

"You are definitely my favorite Dyl." I pulled him into a tight hug.

"I thought I was your favorite?" Gage asked, making me pull away from Dylan.

"You didn't buy me flowers."

"If anyone is her favorite it is me." Luke said shoving past Gage to stand in front of me. "I am her brother after all."

"Yeah right, we all know it is me. Hello I am her best friend, practically her sister." Macey pushed Luke to the side and smiled at me.

"Who is the one who bought you paint supplies for christmas almost every year." Ethan butted in. I looked at all of them as they started to argue with one another on who was my favorite. I smiled shaking my head at them.

I took a step back as they moved closer to one another. Leaving the circle I stood off to the side watching them. A pair of arms wrapping around my waist and immediately I knew it was Gage. I leaned back in his hold.

"I may not have gotten you flowers but I have a surprise for you after this." Gage whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"You do?"

"Yes. And it will be a lot better than flowers I can guarantee."

* * * * * * *

The art gallery was a hit. The entire room was filled with people raving about my paintings. Every time I passed by someone complimenting the painting I felt as if was dreaming. I was even told by Mrs. Perkins that a few people wanted to buy some of the paintings. When I heard that I had to hold onto Gage so I wouldn't faint.

It was nearing 9:30 pm and everyone was starting to leave. Most of my family had already left having to go home and rescue the babysitter from their kids. My parents just barely left leaving Luke, Macey, Dylan and Ethan. It was only us 6 left in the gallery now.

"Ms. Miller you can head on home. I can close up here." Mrs. Perkins said showing up.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. This was a big night for you, go out and celebrate."

"Thank you so much Mrs. Perkins for all of this." She just waved me off.

"I just know a good artist when I see one. Have a good night."

"You too." Smiling at her I laced my fingers through Gage's as we all left the room.

"Thank you guys for coming." I said once we left the building.

"Like we would miss this." After another series of hugs, Gage grabbed my hand.

"We better get going." As he said that I remember he had a surprise for me. Feeling excited I nodded. Waving bye to my friends I noticed my brother and Ethan giving Gage a nod. Dylan winking at me. And Macey smiled but her eyes looked like they were watering. I wanted to ask what was going on but Gage pulling me towards the car made me forget.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked the moment he started driving.

"I'm not telling. It is a surprise."

"Not even a clue?" I whined.

"No."

"Please! Please!" I placed my hands together and looked at him, pleading.

"One clue." He said, I nodded my head quickly. "We have been there before." Yeah cause that is a lot of help. We have been to a lot of places in New York.

Huffing I fell back in my seat, Gage just chuckled as he continued on driving. The remainder of the ride I tired to think of where he was taking me. It could literally be anywhere. A restaurant, the bowling alley, the diner we go to by campus, the aquarium, home, the new gym. The places were endless.

When he finally stopped the car I looked outside my window. Because it was dark and the windows were tinted, I couldn't see much but it looked familiar. I waited as Gage came around and opened my door. Clasping my arm in his I finally got to see where we were.

"The Empire State Building." I breathed out.

We haven't been here since we first met years ago. I remember it clearly. Gage had finally stopped being a jackass to me and I was trying to come up with someone to take a picture of for my art class portfolio. He ended up bringing me here, up to the top of the Empire State Building. I think that was the moment I saw Gage as someone other than what others said.

Only when Gage started towards the elevator instead the building did I realize how late it was.

"Gage, can we be here right now? Isn't it kind of late?" I asked, looking around. There was no one around. This did feel like last time. We snuck up to the top but that was during broad daylight.

"Have you forgotten princess? I am kind of a big deal around here now." Gage boasted as the elevator dinged open.

"You a big deal?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yes. I help run a multi-million dollar company and have Ashton and Layla Miller's daughter as my girlfriend." He stated.

"Using me for my title aren't you?" I teased. I knew Gage would never do that. He never cared about who my father was or the fact that my mom was a best-selling author. He never cared about anything like that and that is what made me fall in love with him. He never treated me any different.

"Why else would I put up with you." I stuck my tongue out at him. "See." With a firm tug on my arm I fell into his body. His arm came around me and held me against him. My hands came to rest on his chest as I tilted my head up to look at him.

"You know, this reminds me of the day we came here all those years ago. Although then we tricked the guard and ran up all those stairs. Still surprised we didn't get caught."

"I never get caught." I scoffed but didn't reply. The elevator rose up silently.

"By the way. Why are we taking the elevator when we had to take the stairs last time?" I asked.

"Because I got permission to be here this time. But we will have to go up some stairs because the elevator won't take us all the way up." I glanced down at my high heels. It was literally a minute later the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened.

Gage lead me out of the elevator, passed the beautiful set of windows that over looked the city, to a door off to the side. Taking out a key I didn't know he had he unlocked the door and held it open of me.

"After you m'lady." He said in a fake british accent, he even did a little bow. Grinning, I grabbed the skirt of my dress and curtsied back to him.

"Why thank you good sir." I swept passed him and up the stairs. My heels click along the stairs as I made my way up them. Gage trailed behind me and occasionally I would feel a pat on my butt, making me look over my shoulder to see a smirking Gage.

It took us a good 5 minutes climbing the stairs before we reached a familiar door. The same door we went out of years ago. Before I opened the door a hand on my arm stopped me. I looked at Gage questionably but he didn't say a word. Instead he opened the door himself and swept an arm out. What I saw next made me gasp.

The entire balcony was covered in candles and rose petals. There sat a table that held plates that had a cover over them, two empty glasses, a bottle of what looked like wine in a ice cooler and some more flowers.

Once I looked past all the decorations I noticed the skyline of New York City. Everything was lit up and being this high up you could see past all the clouds and fog and actually see the stars above.

My eyes moved away from the view to land on Gage. My breath was caught in my throat and I felt my eyes water a bit. He stood there smiling softly down at me.

"Surprise."

"Y-you did this for me?" I squeaked out. Everything looked so amazing and beautiful.

"Of course. Anything for you." Gently grasping my hand, he pulled me towards the table that sat there waiting for us. It was set out perfectly and I wondered what was under the lids.

Like a gentlemen Gage pulled out my chair for me. We were seated right where you couldn't feel any breeze from being up so high, for which I was thankful for; I had no jacket with me. Sitting down I looked around us. All the rose petals on the ground, the hundreds of candles lit. It all looked so beautiful.

"Would you like some wine?" Gage asked as he took a seat. I nodded, all my words stuck in my throat. I still wasn't much of a drinker but a glass or two of wine I didn't mind. Over the years I have gotten use to the taste of alcohol but that didn't mean I drank every night.

I stared at Gage as he poured two glasses of red wine. I wasn't sure what to say about all of this. It was so unexpected and so romantic. Out of all the places to take me after tonight this was the best.

After taking a few sips of wine and watching Gage I finally spoke.

"What is all of this for?" I asked.

"Well..." Gage trailed off. He seemed to be thinking of something and cleared his throat. He looked nervous and ran his hands through his hair a few times before he spoke again.

"Carter. You have been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I know when we first met I was an ass to you. I was absolutely terrible and I wish I could go back and change how I treated you. But no matter what I did or said to you, you kept coming back. You kept pushing at the walls I built around myself over the years. In a matter of weeks you knocked them all down.

"Before you I wasn't a good guy. I didn't care for other peoples feelings and I didn't care for anyone beside my grandma and Dylan. Once I got to know you I realized I was missing something in my life. I was missing someone who actually cared about me. Who didn't see what was on the outside but on the inside. You made me feel like a whole different person, a person who could one day love someone they way they should be loved.

"Carter, you changed me for the better. If I hadn't run into you that very first night I don't know where I would be right now. I know I would not be half as happy as I am right now. I would not have found Ethan or had a whole new family. You have given me a life I didn't think I deserved. So..."

My eyes went wide and my body started to shake as Gage stood up. I watched him frozen as he moved around the table until he was right next to me. He slowly dropped down onto one knee, a hand going into the pocket of his suit jacket. When he pulled out a red velvet ring box I almost fainted.

This was definitely not what I thought would happen tonight.

"Carter Miller....will you marry me?" He opened the ring box and my breath caught in my throat. It was the most beautiful wedding ring I have ever seen. At the sight of it my eyes started to tear up. I could do nothing to stop tears from rolling down my cheeks.

I looked into Gage's brown eyes and saw uncertainty in them as well as fear. Fear that I would say no to him. How could I say no to him? How could I not agree to marry the love of my life.

I nodded my head before I finally spoke.

"Yes!" I chocked out. "Yes!" This time it was louder but my voice was wobbly. Gage's face lit up like a christmas tree at my answer. He grabbed my shaking hand and pulled the ring from the box. I placed my other hand to my mouth as tears rolled down my cheek, watching him slide the ring on my ring finger.

The ring was silver with diamonds all along the band. Right in the middle was a single circular diamond that in different lights looked almost rose gold. It fit my finger perfectly as Gage slide it all the way on.

(I want this ring!!)

Once the ring was on I wasted no time I launching myself at him. I basically tackled him as my arms went around his neck, his around my waist to steady me, and my lips crashed onto his. Good thing he was sturdy or else we would have fallen backwards.

I kissed him harder, letting my kiss show him exactly how I felt about him. My heart was beating a million miles per hour in my chest. I kissed Gage for all I was worth until we had to break away to breathe.

I rested my forehead against his as I panted. My eyes were once again tearing up as I opened them to look at him. I never thought I would see the day that Gage and I got engaged. I never thought that the moment I laid eyes on this man that I would fall so deeply, madly in love with him. But here he is holding me to him, giving every single piece of him to me, and promising to always be mine.

I could not have picked a better man to marry. Smiling I once against kissed him with everything I had.

* * * * * * *

8 Months Later...

"Hair, done! Makeup, done! Dress, done! Flowers...where the hell are the flowers?!" Macey screamed right in my ear. I flinched as she stomped past me to figure out where my flowers were.

Once she was gone I was able to breathe for a second. I stared at my reflection in the full length mirror in front of me. I ignored everyone moving busily behind me. Today was the day and I was more nervous than I have been about anything in my life.

I thought opening my own photography business was nerve wrecking, or having my art work displayed at multiple art galleries in New York was bad. No none of those were as nerve-wrecking as this moment was. I wanted everything to be perfect on my big day. I didn't want to ruin anything or be walking down the aisle only to see it empty. That was my biggest fear. Although I knew Gage would never do such a thing to me.

"Okay got the flowers!" Macey scream once more. "Okay now where is Carter's veil?" I watched Macey through the mirror look around the room, glaring at everyone wondering where it was.

"Uh Mace? I am not wearing one remember?" I called out. She looked at me almost like she didn't hear me before she started to nod.

"Right." Coming up next to her my Aunt Kacey and Macey's mom, placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Honey. Everything looks amazing and is going fine. Relax." I guess making Macey my maid of honor may not have been the best idea. I mean she was doing a great job making sure everything was in order and going smoothly but she was taking it very serious. You so much as breathed and she was down your throat about how loud you are being. I needed her to calm down a bit.

My own mom, Layla Miller, came up beside me. I turned and smiled at her. She reached out and pushed a piece of my hair away from my face. I decided on leaving my hair down in soft curls since that is how Gage liked it.

"You look so beautiful sweetheart." I could see tears welling in her eyes and I forced myself not to do the same. I could not ruin my makeup again. I did not need Macey or even Aunt Kay to yell at me again about having to re-do it.

"I cannot believe my own baby is getting married." My mom continued on touching my hair and my face. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Mom I will always be your little girl. No matter what." That made her start to cry. Even though Macey told me not to do it I pulled her into a hug, not caring about my dress at the moment.

"Sorry I shouldn't be crying all over you. I can't ruin your dress." My mom pulled away from me and touched my dress.

"Mom it is okay. No worries."

"Carter!" Macey yelled once more. I took a deep breath, which my mom grinned at, before turning to Macey.

"You have 5 minutes." Trying hard not to sound demanding she sent me a smile. At the mention of walking down the aisle in 5 minutes made my eyes go wide.

I can do this. I can do this! I chanted. I turned back to the mirror and smoothed my hand down my dress. I smiled softly at the gown. It was beyond gorgeous. Simple yet perfect for me. I didn't want anything too out there or too fancy. It wasn't me. My makeup was the same way, simple. Curtesy of Aunt Kacey.

(This dress is just ugh...my wedding dress better be this pretty!)

That is why Gage and I's wedding was simple. Instead of having the wedding somewhere fancy we decided on doing it at my family's beach house in the Hampton's. It was a wedding on the beach, every girls dream wedding.

Even though I didn't want a lot of people to be here my mom insisted I invite at least a hundred people. At least I knew most of them but a some where people my parents knew and invited. It was a lot of people but I only cared about one. My fiancé.

"Okay Carter it is time." Mom called out. Taking a deep breath I turned away from the mirror and faced everyone in the room. My bridesmaids- Macey, Amy, and Elizabeth; Macey's younger sister. Amy came all the way from Australia to be here, something I was very thankful for.

They all looked beautiful. We all decided on them wearing a cute yet simple peach strapless colored dresses. In their hands they carried a bundle of peach colored lilies that matched their dresses. 

Macey handed me my own bundle of flowers. I forced a smile getting more nervous by the second. A hand on my elbow made me look over at my mom.

"It is okay to be nervous. I was a mess when I married your father." My mom grinned at the memory. "It is only natural you are nervous, but once you see Gage standing there waiting for you it will all go away."

"Okay, okay people we need to get going. Can't help the guys waiting." Macey clapped her hands. Getting smiles from everyone I waited back as they all trailed out of the room. Closing my eyes I tried to relax. In just a minute I would see Gage and everything will be fine.

Not wanting to keep anyone waiting I finally left the room. I held my dress as I walked down the stairs until I reached the doors leading outside. Everyone stood there talking. I wasn't wearing any shoes because who wants to walk in heals on the beach? Hearing the swish of my dress they all stopped talking and looked at me. I smiled as they all looked at me.

"Car-bear." Dylan was the first to speak. He pushed past everyone and yanked me into a hug. "You look gorgeous." He said pulling away and looked me up and down.

"Thank you." I blushed. He started to say something but he was pushed aside by my brother.

"My little sister is getting married." His hug was tight. "And I gave Gage the brotherly talk, don't worry." I raised an eyebrow at that.

"You gave him what?"

"You know the brotherly talk. The don't you ever hurt my sister or I will hunt you down and kill you." He puffed his chest out as he spoke. We were all silent for a moment before I couldn't hold back my laughter anymore.

"What?" Luke looked at each of us wondering why we were laughing so hard.

"Like you could take on Gage." I wheezed out.

"I could!" Macey came up and patted his arm.

"Don't worry babe I know you could." He grinned at her before turning to face us. Not looking at her Macey shook her head at us. Even she agreed he couldn't kick Gage's ass.

"Whatever you say dude." Ethan patted his best friend on the back. Moving past him he came towards me.

"Carter you look great. I am very happy for you." Ethan smiled down at me.

"Thank you Ethan." I stood up on my toes and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Gage is lucky to have you. He better make make you happy, even if he is my brother I will kick his ass." I smiled widely at him.

"You could take him."

"Oh I know." He winked. "Now...don't trip." Before I could punch him he quickly moved away.

"Jerk!" He just grinned and smirked at me.

"It is time people!" Macey cheered, breaking apart everyone's conversations. "Luke with Elizabeth. Ethan with Amy. And Dylan with me. Chloe you get to walk down the aisle first, throwing flowers kay? Just like we rehearsed."

Chloe was our little flower girl. She was my little cousin, Neena and Liam's little girl. She was the cutest thing ever.

"Wait, where is dad?" I asked suddenly, looking around. I haven't seen him yet. "Mom do you know where he is?" When I didn't see him I suddenly started to panic. I couldn't do this without my dad. He is suppose to give me away.

"Honey-" My mom started but my dad's voice interrupted her.

"Sorry I am here!" My dad, Ashton, came around the corner. Upon seeing him I relaxed. "Gage had a problem with his tie and I had to help him." Giving my mom a kiss she blew me one before exiting out the door to take her seat.

"Since everyone is here now, lets get this thing started. Chloe you go out first." Macey opened the door and out went Chloe, grinning from ear to ear. Slowly everyone trickled out until it was only me and my dad.

"You look beautiful honey." My dad grabbed my hands and held them out as he looked at my wedding gown for the first time.

"You think so?"

"No one is as pretty as my little girl." I blinked my eyes quickly so no tears would fall at his words. "Don't worry Carter, Gage is a great man. I approve."

I knew my dad approved of him a while ago but it meant a lot hearing that. Of course I wanted my dad to like the guy I was going to marry. It meant the world to me that they got along and my dad accepted him into our lives so easily; especially him being so skeptical about guys.

"Thank you dad, for walking me down the aisle." I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was so close to crying again.

"Like I would let anyone else." He joked. I kissed my father on the cheek just as the music started to play. Lacing my arm through my dads, I gripped it tightly. Giving him a nod we moved past the open doors, towards the aisle.

As soon as I came into sight everyone stood up. My eyes skimmed over every and landed on the one person that truly mattered. The spot at the top of the alter was filled by the man I loved. Once I saw him I couldn't look anywhere else.

Gage grinned widely as we looked at one another. I noticed Dylan lean over and whisper something in his ear to which he just rolled his eyes, but his grin never faltered. It seemed like an eternity before we finally reached him. My dad and I came to a stop at the bottom of the alter. Giving me a kiss on the cheek and a weak smile my dad handed me over to Gage.

Grasping his hand in mine he lead me up the small step until we were in front of one another, our hands clasped in front of us. Everyone quieted down as the priest started to talk.

Honestly I heard nothing. Nothing of what the guy was saying; it all went in one ear and out the other. I was so focused on Gage I couldn't pay attention to anything else. Gage seemed to be just as caught up in me as we stared at one another. There was no one else around us now. Everyone in the seats disappeared and so did all of our friends. It was only the two of us.

It wasn't until I heard a clearing of the throat and a nudge in the back did I finally tune back in.

"Do you Carter Miller, take Gage Harper as your lawfully wedded husband, to love and cherish, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health; until death part you?" The priest listed off.

"I do." I breathed out.

"Now, do you Gage Harper take Carter Miller..." The priest went on saying the same thing again. I held in a breath as I waited for Gage to answer.

"I do." At his words I squeezed his hands.

"Mr. Harper your vows if you wish." Gage cleared his throat and began speaking.

"You know I don't really do sappy so I thought I'd make this short and sweet for you." I smiled at his words. "Every single thing you do makes me fall more in love with you, even your terrible bad breath in the morning. You are everything to me and I do not regret running into you that day on campus 6 years ago. Since that moment my life has only gotten better and I have you to thank for that. I promise to always be by your side even when I annoy the shit out of you. And I promise to always be the man you need and deserve. I love you Carter Miller."

This time I did not stop the tears from rolling down my face. His vows were everything. Knowing it was my turn next I quickly wiped my cheeks before I spoke.

"When we met 6 years ago I never thought the two of us would get together or even be friends for that matter, but here I am ready to spend eternity with you. Even if eternity means hearing your loud snores at night I will gladly do it. Since the moment you walked into my life nothing has ever been the same. I would never redo meeting you because you changed my life for the better. You are my everything Gage. I promise you that whatever life throws at us I will be here and I will love you with everything I have. I am yours for eternity."

I got my vows out without crying and stopping in the middle. Looking into Gage's eyes I noticed they were tinted pink as if he was holding back tears of his own. Our hands were clasped tightly around each other, and our gazes never once faltered.

"By the power invested by me...I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest finally finished. Gage wasted no time in grabbing my face and kissing me.

All around us I could hear people clapping and yelling. We pulled apart grinning like fools at one another.

"I love you Mrs. Harper." Gage whispered to me.

"I love you too, Mr. Harper." I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him back into another kiss.

This moment was perfect. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. Gage was everything I wanted. He has always been everything I have wanted but I just couldn't see it at first.

Standing here, gazing at the man I loved I knew this was where I was meant to be. I was meant to be with Gage and no one else. We have gone through everything for a reason and it has only made us closer. This may not have been what I imagined when I was younger but you know what....it was even better. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So...I decided to make this into a two part epilogue. I didn't want to just cram it all in this chapter so there will be ONE more chapter (Epilogue Part 2) before I finish and move onto bonus chapters. 

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I may have cried at the wedding scene...but who wouldn't?! Cage finally got married! My babies are all grown up and leaving the nest! They deserve each other so much and I am just happy to finally have them be together forever. I KNOW THE VOW'S AND WEDDING STUFF IS WRONG BUT WHO CARES. I've never been married and everyone has their own way of doing it so I kind of just went with what I saw on the internet and movies. But all that matters is they got married...AND CARTER'S WEDDING DRESS. 

Guys don't worry there are going to be a lot of bonus chapters coming up. I want to do a birthday one, a Layla and Ashton one, kinky one, honeymoon one, etc. If there is a bonus scene you would like to see COMMENT or MESSAGE ME! I will most likely add it to the end :)

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter as I did writing it. This book has come to mean so much to me that I don't want it to end. These characters have become my babies and I do not want to let go. 

I want to thank you guys for sticking with this book from beginning to end. Without you I wouldn't have written this. It has been over a year since I came up with the idea and to have basically finished it, is amazing. This book is definitely my favorite and I hope it is yours too. (Maybe I'll add it to the Wattys again this year and we can win!)

Anyways...I love you guys so much! Thank you for everything you have done for me!! I will see you in a week for the final chapter of this book!!! 

COMMENT, VOTE, Where do you want your wedding to be? What kind of wedding? 

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE LOVE/ROMANTIC SONGS? (I will post a playlist later on or next chapter!)

<3 <3 <3

-Ken

Lovely covers sent to me! Not sure if I ever posted these so I will now :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 34.3K 64
He's a player, he's hot and he's stubborn. Everyone knows it- especially him. Shes never been kissed, she's unnoticed and she's shy- no one knows her...
1.8M 53.8K 35
(Book 1 of Paper Hearts Series | Completed October 2015) EMERALD WREN, a nineteen year old art major who breathes and lives for creating art i...
25M 715K 48
Jenna Howard is not your regular 19 year old. She's been by herself since she was just 5 years old. After being dropped off at an orphanage when she...
3M 44.6K 67
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...