Names And Their Meanings

By Tak1997

Names and meanings list Resources: 2000names More

female japanese names 1
Male japanese names 1
male japanese names
Femake Irish names
Fox Names
Female Irish names
male irish names
male irish names
irish male names
German Girl Names
German Female names
German male names
german male names
german male names
german male names
Welsh female names
welsh male names
male turkish names
Female Turkish Names
Female French Names
French Female Names
Female French Names
Male French Names 1
Male French Names
Male French Names
Celtic Male
Celtic male
Celtic female
Norse Male
Norse female
Female Nat.American
Female Nat.American
male Nat.American
male Nat.American
Russian Male Names 2
Female Russian Names
Female Russian Names 2
Thai Male Names
Thai Female Names
Female/Male Fantasy Names
Fantasy Girl Names
Fantasy Girl Names
Fantasy Male Names
Flower Names 1
Flower Names 2
Flower Names 3
Flower Names 4
Warrior Names 1
Warrior Names 2
Dreams
secret/mystery names
dragon names
Scottish Male Names
Scottish Male Names 2
Scottish Female Names
Elements
Note

Russian Male Names

993 2 0
By Tak1997

AFANAS (Афанас): Short form of Russian Afanasii, meaning "immortal."

AFANASEI: Variant spelling of Russian Afanasiy, meaning "immortal."

AFANASII: Variant spelling of Russian Afanasiy, meaning "immortal."

AFANASIY (Афана́сий): Russian form of Latin Athanasius, meaning "immortal."

AFANASY: Variant spelling of Russian Afanasiy, meaning "immortal."

AFON (Russian: Афон): Russian form of Greek Athos, meaning "immortal." This name was given to a mountain and monastery in Abkhazia, called New Athos. Compare with another form of Afon.

AFONASEI (Афана́сий): Variant spelling of Russian Afanasiy, meaning "immortal."

AFONASII (Афана́сий): Variant spelling of Russian Afanasiy, meaning "immortal."

AFONIKA (Афоника): Pet form of Russian Afon, meaning "immortal."

AFON'KA (Афонька): Pet form of Russian Afon, meaning "immortal."

AFONKA (Афонка): Pet form of Russian Afon, meaning "immortal."

AFONOS (Афонос): Pet form of Russian Afon, meaning "immortal."

AGRIPIN (Агрипин): Russian form of Greek Agrippas, meaning "wild horse."

AKIM (Аки́м): Russian form of Hebrew Yehoyakim, meaning "Jehovah raises up."

ALEKS (А́лекс): Short form of Russian Aleksei, meaning "defender."

ALEKSANDR (Алекса́ндр): Russian form of Greek Alexandros, meaning "defender of men."

ALEKSEI (Алексе́й): Russian form of Greek Alexios, meaning "defender."

ALEKSEY (Алексе́й): Russian form of Greek Alexios, meaning "defender."

ALEXEI (Алексе́й): Variant spelling of Russian Aleksey, meaning "defender."

ALEXEY: Variant spelling of Russian Aleksey, meaning "defender."

ALIK (А́лик): Short form of Russian Aleksandr, meaning "defender."

ALYOSHA (Алëша): Russian form of German Aloïs (English Louis), meaning "famous warrior."

AMBROSII (Амвро́сий): Russian form of Greek Ambrosios, meaning "immortal."

ANASTASII (Анаста́сий): Russian form of Greek Anastasios, meaning "resurrection."

ANATOLII (Анато́лий): Russian form of Latin Anatolius, meaning "east" and "sunrise."

ANATOLIY (Анато́лий): Variant spelling of Russian Anatolii, meaning "east" and "sunrise."

ANATOLY: Variant spelling of Russian Anatolii, meaning "east" and "sunrise."

ANDREI (Russian: Андре́й): Romanian and Russian form of Greek Andreas, meaning "man; warrior."

ANDRII (Андрий): Variant spelling of Russian Andrei, meaning "man; warrior."

ANISIM (Анисим): Variant spelling of Russian Onisim, a form of Greek Onesimos, meaning "profitable, useful."

ANTON (Антон): Russian form of Greek Antonios, possibly meaning "invaluable." Compare with other forms of Anton.

ANTONIY (Антоний): Russian form of Greek Antonios, possibly meaning "invaluable."

APOLLONII (Аполло́ний): Russian form of Greek Apollonios, meaning "of Apollo."

APOSTOL (Russian: Апостол): Bulgarian, Romanian, Russian and Ukrainian form of Greek Apostolos, meaning "apostle; messenger."

ARAMAZD (Armenian: Ահուրա, Russian: Арамазд): Armenian and Russian form of Persian Ahura Mazda, meaning "good and wise god."

ARISTARKH (Аристарх): Russian form of Greek Aristarkhos, meaning "best ruler."

ARKADI: Variant spelling of Russian Arkadiy, meaning "of Arcadia."

ARKADIY (Арка́дий): Russian form of Greek Arkadios, meaning "of Arcadia."

ARKADY: Variant spelling of Russian Arkadiy, meaning "of Arcadia."

ARKHIP (Архи́п): Russian form of Greek Archippos, meaning "master of horses."

ARSENI: Variant spelling of Russian Arseniy, meaning "virile."

ARSENII (Арсе́ний): Russian form of Greek Arsenios, meaning "virile."

ARSENIY: Variant spelling of Russian Arseniy, meaning "virile."

ARTYOM (Артём): Russian form of Greek Artemisios, a name derived from the name of the goddess Artemis, meaning "safe and sound."

AVGUSTIN (Августи́н): Russian form of Roman Latin Augustinus, meaning "venerable."

BOGATIR: Variant spelling of Russian Bogatyr, meaning "hero" or "warrior."

BOGATYR (Богатырь): Russian form of Turkish Baghatur, meaning "hero" or "warrior."

BOLESLAV (Болеслав): Slavic name composed of the elements bole "large" and slav "glory," hence "large glory." In use by the Russians.

BORIS (Борис): Russian name said to originally derive from Tatar Bogoris, meaning "small." Later, however, it was taken to be a short form of Borislav, the first element coming from the root bor- ("battle"), hence "fighter, warrior."

BORISLAV (Борислав): Slavic name composed of the elements bor- "battle" and slav "glory," hence "battle glory." In use by the Bulgarians and Russians.

BORYA (Боря): Pet form of Russian Boris, probably meaning "fighter, warrior."

BRONISLAV (Russian: Бронислав): Slavic name composed of the elements bron "protection" and slav"glory," hence "glorious protector." In use by the Czechs, Russians and Slovaks.

CHERNOBOG (Чернобог): Russian form of Slavic Crnobog, composed of the elements cherno "black" and bog "god," hence "black god." In Slavic mythology, this is the name of a god of evil and darkness, the counterpart of Belobog ("white god").

CZERNOBOG (Чернобог): Russian form of Slavic Zherneboh, meaning "black god."

DANIIL (Даниил): Russian form of Greek Daniēl, meaning "God is my judge."

DAZHDBOG: Slavic myth name of a solar god, the son of Perun by a mermaid, meaning "give-me god," probably in the sense of a giving god. He is thought by some to be the progenitor of the Russian people.

DEMYAN (Демьян): Russian form of Greek Damian, meaning "to tame, to subdue" and euphemistically "to kill."

DESYA (Деся): Pet form of Russian Modest, meaning "moderate, sober."

DIMA (Дима): Pet form of Russian Dmitri, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."

DIMI: Pet form of Russian Dmitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter." Compare with another form of Dimi.

DMITRI: Variant spelling of Russian Dmitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."

DMITRII: Variant spelling of Russian Dmitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DMITRIY (Дми́трий): Russian form of Greek Demetrios, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower ofDemeter."DMITRY: Variant spelling of Russian Dmitriy, meaning "loves the earth" or "follower of Demeter."DOBRASHIN: Variant spelling of Russian Dobrushin, meaning "goodness." DOBRUSHIN (Добрушин): Russian name, derived from Slavic dobro "good," meaning "goodness." DOROFEI: Variant spelling of Russian Dorofey, meaning "gift of God."DOROFEY (Дорофей): Russian form of Greek Dorotheos, meaning "gift of God."EFIM (Ефим): Russian name meaning "holy, pious."EFROSIN (Ефросин): Russian masculine form of Greek Euphrosynê, meaning "joy, mirth."ERMOLAI (Ермолай): Variant spelling of Russian Yermolai, meaning "people of Hermes."EVGENI: Variant spelling of Russian Evgeniy, meaning "well born."EVGENIY (Евгений): Russian form of Greek Eugenios, meaning "well born."EVGENY: Variant spelling of Russian Evgeniy, meaning "well born."FADEI: Variant spelling of Russian Faddei, meaning "courageous."FADDEI (Фадде́й): Russian form of Greek Thaddaios, meaning "courageous."FEDAR: Variant spelling of Russian Fedor, meaning "gift of God."FEDIR (Федір): Ukrainian form of Russian Fedar, meaning "gift of God."FÉDOR (Фёдор): Variant form of Russian Fyodor, meaning "gift of God."FEDOT (Федот): Contracted form of Russian Feodot, meaning "God-given."FEDYA (Федя): Pet form of Russian Fyodor, meaning "gift of God."FELIKS (Russian: Феликс): Polish and Russian form of Latin Felix, meaning "happy" or "lucky."FEODOR (Фёдор): Variant spelling of Russian Fyodor, meaning "gift of God."FEODOSIY (Феодосий): Russian form of Latin Theodosius, meaning "god-giving."FEODOT (Фёдот): Russian form of Greek Theodotos, meaning "god-given."FEOFAN (Феофан): Russian form of Greek Theophanes, meaning "manifestation of God."FEOFIL (Феофил): Russian form of Latin Theophilus, meaning "God-friend."FEOFILAKT (Феофилакт): Russian form of Greek Theophylaktos, meaning "God-guard."FERAPONT (Ферапонт): Russian form of Greek Therapon, meaning "servant, worshiper."FILAT (Филат): Pet form of Russian Feofilakt, meaning "God-guard."FILIPP (Филипп): Russian form of Greek Philippos, meaning "lover of horses."FLORENTIY (Флорентий): Russian form of Latin Florentius, meaning "blossoming."FOKA (Фока): Russian form of Latin Phocas, meaning "seal (the mammal)."FOMA (Фома): Russian form of Greek Thōmas, meaning "twin."FYODOR (Фёдор): Russian form of Greek Theodoros, meaning "gift of God."GAVRIIL (Гавриил): Russian form of Greek Gabriēl, meaning "man of God" or "warrior of God."GEDEON (Гедеон): Russian form of Hebrew Gidown, meaning "cutter down; hewer," i.e. "mighty warrior."GENNADI: Variant spelling of Russian Gennadiy, meaning "noble."GENNADIY (Геннадий): Russian form of Greek Gennadios, meaning "noble."GENNADY: Variant spelling of Russian Gennadiy, meaning "noble."GEORGII (Георгий): Russian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGIY (Георгий): Russian form of Greek Georgios, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GEORGY: Variant spelling of Russian Georgiy, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GERASIM (Герасим): Russian form of Greek Gerasimos, meaning "old age."GERMAN (Герман): Russian form of Roman Latin Germanus, meaning "from Germany."GERMOGEN (Гермоген): Russian form of Greek Hermogenes, meaning "born of Hermes."GERVASII (Гервасий): Russian form of Greek Gervasios, meaning "spear servant."GLEB (Глеб): Russian name meaning "bread." GOGA (Гога): Russian Georgi, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GOGIL: Variant spelling of Russian Gogol, meaning "golden-eyed duck."GOGOL (Го́голь): Russian name meaning "golden-eyed duck."GORA (Гора): Pet form of Russian Yegor, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." Compare with another form of Gora.GORYA (Горя): Pet form of Russian Yegor, meaning "earth-worker, farmer."GRIGORI: Variant spelling of Russian Grigoriy, meaning "watchful; vigilant."GRIGORIY (Григорий): Russian form of Greek Gregorios, meaning "watchful; vigilant."GRIGORY: Variant spelling of Russian Grigoriy, meaning "watchful; vigilant."GRISHA (Гриша): Pet form of Russian Grigori, meaning "watchful; vigilant."GUGA: Variant spelling of Russian Goga, meaning "earth-worker, farmer." Compare with another form of Guga.GUGAL: Variant spelling of Russian Gogol, meaning "golden-eyed duck."IAKOV (Яков): Russian form of Greek Iakob, meaning "supplanter."IERONIM (Иероним): Russian form of Greek Hieronymos, meaning "holy name."IGOR (Игорь): Russian form of Old Norse Ívarr, meaning "bow warrior."ILARI: Variant spelling of Russian Ilariy, meaning "joyful, happy."ILARION (Russian: Иларион, Ukrainian: Іларіон):: Russian and Ukrainian form of Greek Hilarion, meaning "joyful, happy."ILARIY (Иларий):: Russian form of Greek Hilarion, meaning "joyful, happy."ILIA (Илья): Variant spelling of Russian Ilya , meaning "the Lord is my God." Compare with another form of Ilia.ILLARION (Илларион): Russian form of Greek Hilarion, meaning "joyful; happy."ILYA (Илья): Russian form of Greek Elias, meaning "the Lord is my God." INNA (И́нна): Russian unisex name meaning "strong water." The name was originally a male name, but became somewhat popular as a religious girl's name due to the misidentification of the sex of the Russian martyr Inna, a male student of the Apostle Andrei.INNOKENTI: Variant spelling of Russian Innokentiy, meaning "harmless, innocent."INNOKENTIY (Инокентий): Russian form of Latin Innocentius, meaning "harmless, innocent."IOANN (Иоанн): Old Russian form of Greek Ioannes (English John), meaning "God is gracious."IOAKIM (Иоаким): Russian form of Greek Ioakeim (Hebrew Yehoyakim), meaning "Jehovah raises up." IOSIF (Иосиф): Romanian and Russian form of Greek Ioseph, meaning "(God) shall add (another son)." IPATI: Variant spelling of Russian Ipatiy, meaning "most high, supreme." IPATIY (Ипатий): Russian form of Greek Hypatos, meaning "most high, supreme." IPPOLIT (Ипполит): Russian form of Greek Hippolytos, meaning "horse-freer."IRINEI (Ириней): Russian form of Greek Eirenaios, meaning "peaceful."IRINEY: Variant spelling of Russian Irinei, meaning "peaceful."ISAAK (Russian: Исаак): German and Russian form of Greek Isaák, meaning "he will laugh." ISAI (Исай): Russian form of Greek Esaias, meaning "God is salvation."ISAY: Variant spelling of Russian Isai, meaning "God is salvation."ISIDOR (Russian: Исидор): Russian form of Greek Isidoros, meaning "gift of Isis."IVAN (Иван): Russian form of Greek Ioannes, meaning "God is gracious." In use by the English, Czechs and Ukrainians.IVANN (Иванн): Russian form of Greek Ioannes, meaning "God is gracious."JASKA: Pet form of Finnish Jaakko and Russian Iakov, both meaning "supplanter." JULIJ (Юлий): Russian form of Roman Latin Julius, meaning "descended from Jupiter (Jove)."KARP (Карп): Russian form of Greek Karpos, meaning "fruit, profits."KAZIMIR (Казимир): Russian form of Polish Kazimierz, meaning "commands peace."KENYA: Pet form of Russian Innokentiy, meaning "harmless, innocent." Compare with feminine Kenya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 10.9K 125
Disclaimer: I do not own this story, this is just and heavily edited MTL. Full title: Stockpiling Supplies and Raising a Child in the Post-Apocalypti...
631K 103K 72
(يا إيها الناس أتقو الله بالنساء اوصيكم بالنساء خيراً) لم يستوصوا بنا خيراً يا رسول الله لقد كسرو القوارير والافئدة
58.8K 2.7K 96
for everyone to know this story is just fiction and no truth
29.2K 973 57
What happens when 7 crack heads are added to a groupchat by the only 'sane' one? if you are homo please LEAVE! ⚠️T/W⚠️ Language Smut Slurs