Face Your Demons

Por littleredhearts

"Some days, I wish things turned out differently." He embraced his demons and became a legend. She ran away f... Más

cast
prologue
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
thank you
update: goodbye wattpad, hello twitch

five

1.8K 68 19
Por littleredhearts

"SummerSlam: The Biggest Party of the Summer!"

The billboards and social media platforms bared that quote as the event neared. With every event until then, the fans became more and more excited, bringing a energetic atmosphere with them. That made the matches more interesting and fueled the performers in such a way, filling them with this sort of confidence. At this point, I could only imagine what SummerSlam would actually be like.

Sadly, I wouldn't be wrestling that night. What with the Women's Championship match between Ashley and Mercedes and the end tournament for the newly announced Women's Tag Team titles, in which Stephanie Nichole "Nikki Bella" Garcia-Colace and Brianna Monique "Brie Bella" Danielson would be taking on Rebecca and Nattie, they didn't believe another women's match would be in order.

Even though I was upset about not having match, I thought of it as a learning experience as to how a Pay-Per-View event like SummerSlam ran.

With the pre-show starting in an hour, many of us started to occupy the backstage area. Those who were on the pre-show were stretching and getting warmed up, while others hung out in catering and got their bearings.

I sat at one of the tables in catering with Alyx, Pamela, and Alexis, enjoying a little something from the spread they had. Since we didn't have matches tonight, the three didn't seem to have a care in the world. They laughed and enjoyed each others company as I kind of sat off to the side.

"Ferg!" Pam suddenly called out, causing my body to tense up and freeze.

Looking up, I watched her rush out of her chair to meet one of her best friends. One thing I noticed that caused my breath to get caught in my throat was that his parents stood beside them. Memories of meeting them for the first time years ago caused my skin to crawl with goosebumps. Both of them had no idea what happened back in Japan and they still believed us to be good friends.

As Pam greeted them, I noticed them look over at me. Now I was stuck. I didn't want to be rude and run off, but I didn't want to have to fake my feelings in front of them. I just hoped that they wouldn't recognize me.

"Hey, Luna. Come here." Pam encouraged to the smiles of the Devitt's.

I cursed her under my breath before getting up and slowly making my way over to them. My hands started to sweat out of nervousness, which I whipped on my pants before approaching them. His father seemed to light up after seeing me again and his mother smiled sweetly at me, which broke my heart. Her and I had a great relationship before her son and I separated. She told me how she adored me and was glad that Fergal became friends with a kind women like me. Now, it just hurt to see them again without them knowing the harsh reality.

"Luna! It's so good to see you again." His mother pulled me in for a small hug, causing my heart to sink. I forced a smile and hugged her back.

"It's good to see you too, Mrs. Devitt."

"What did we tell you, Luna? Call us Fintan and Leonie." His father smiled brightly towards me before taking my hand and giving it a shake. "Are you competing tonight?"

"Sadly, no. But they do have a great card for tonight when it comes to the Women's division." I gave them a small smile, causing Fergal to smile as well.

"That's too bad. We really hoped to see you back in action, but I bet the other matches will be just as good." His mother smiled back sweetly.

"They should be, our talent here is top of the line. I'd love to catch up and all, but I should go find Shane." Pamela and Fergal both looked at me confused.

"Why do you need to find-" Pam tried to asked, but I stopped her.

"He said he wanted to talk about some storyline idea. You know how he gets with that kind of stuff." I lied, much to the understanding smiles of the Devitt's.

"We understand. Well, it was great to see you again, Luna." His father smiled as I nodded towards them.

"I was good to see you too. I hope you enjoy the show." I faked a smile before turning and heading down the hall.

I wasn't going to see Shane; I was going to go throw up.

When I knew I was out of their sight, I started to sprint down the hall, tears blurring my vision as I ran. My name could be heard as I ran, but I didn't stop to see who said it.

Bursting into the women's locker room, a couple girls asked if I was okay. I ignored them and rushed to the bathroom just in time for my stomach to give up on me. Alyx rushed in the stall to grab my hair for me and Alexis stood close by. The others congregated by the entrance to the bathroom as I spit into the bowl.

"It's okay, Luna. It's okay." Alyx rubbed my back as I rested my head against the cold rim of the seat. My whole body felt warm and a dizziness was starting to settle in. I tried to catch my breath as I flushed whatever I spit up.

Whenever I felt better, I rose from my spot on my floor and headed into the locker room. The others seemed to part as I walked by them. However, I found myself stopping and looking towards Pamela, who had a nervous look on her face. Without realizing it, I grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her roughly into the metal lockers. The others started to yell as she yelped out in pain.

"What the fuck is your deal?!" I yelled in her face and gripped to her shoulders, which scared her more.

"I-I just thought you'd be happy to see them again." She tried to defend herself as her voice wavered.

"That's your problem, Pamela. You thought! Don't get in the middle of the relationship I have with Fergal, or you'll end up getting hurt too." I warned as Ashley and Savelina "Nia Jax" Fanene got in between us. They pulled me off of her as Mercedes went to her best friend's side. Wiggling out of their grasp, I glared at the babyface before leaving the locker room.

I watched the majority of the show in the lounge that the superstars liked to hangout in. Alyx and Claudio joined me after he finished up his match; Noam Dar, one of the newest superstars to come up with the Cruiserweight Classic, joined us to support Fergal in his match; Alexis made her way around and watched along with us. It was nice to have friends around, but part of me wanted to be alone.

I still was upset over Pamela's actions. She had no right to get involved in the relationship between Fergal and I. Whatever happened between the two of us stayed between the two of us, and if he wanted to fix things, he could do it on his own.

Speaking of Fergal, his match against Colby for the WWE Championship was up next. The others grew excited for him, while I was pretty neutral about the situation. It was how I felt during all the matches I saw him in since coming to WWE. I didn't really care if he won or if he lost.

We watched as Colby made his way onto the stage, much to the boos of the crowd. After a moment, Fergal stepped onto the stage in his Demon King paint. Honestly, that side of him intrigued me. In his personal life, he was more of an introvert, so shy and quiet. However, this 'Demon King' persona seemed to bring out this confident and powerful side to the Irishman. It was quite amazing.

As the match progressed, the others started to grow rowdy. They cheered whenever the pair hit a move just right or whenever the one they were cheering for got the upper hand. I kept quiet, just watching their moves.

Suddenly, a hush came over the group as we watched Fergal was thrown into the barricade. He yelled out in pain and clutched to his shoulder, causing the ref to push Colby back to get a look at him. Everyone, including me, sat with their mouths hanging open at the sight before us. There was something clearly wrong with him.

A cold chill ran down my spine as I looked at my former friend. Memories of our time back in Japan flooded my senses, causing my breath to catch in my throat. For a moment, I started to worry about him, but the feelings soon subsided. I shouldn't be feeling the way I do towards him, not after what he did to me.

The energy picked up when Fergal gained the upper hand in the match. I even felt my heart rate pick up as I watched him hit Colby with the Slingblade and then the Running Front Dropkick. Everyone else roared with excitement as he then hit him with the Coup De Grace to pick up the win.

Cheering could be heard around the backstage area as it seemed like everyone was watching the match. We all watched as he had his moment, as he held the title, as he embraced his parents in the crowd. Everyone praised him.

Everyone but me.

As he made his way backstage, I found myself being gravitated towards the trainers room, where I assumed he would be. The atmosphere was still lively as the next match was about to start. Looking left and right, I tried to find a way to Fergal. This sort of attitude was out of the ordinary for me, but something deep deep down caused my legs to move towards the Irishman. Honestly, it all scared me, this sudden change in attitude. I was supposed to hate him for what he did to me. I couldn't understand why I was acting this way.

As I waked around backstage, I noticed a stagehand lead the Devitt's further into the back. I stopped to watch them pass and counted to sixty. If I was going to go see him, I didn't want to look eager and show up instantly. When I finished counting, I started to walk slower to stall for time.

After wasting time, I found myself in front of the trainer's room door. My fingers grew cold as I thought what I was going to say: how the hell was I going to approach him? Whenever I had any sort of contact with him, I thought I was going to cry or get sick. I started to question why I was even here. Shaking my head, I decided it wasn't my place to be here.

When I tried to leave, however, the door to the room opened as one of the medics was leaving the room. He noticed my form in front of him and flashed a small smile.

"Hello, Luna. Are you looking for Fergal?"

"I...I..." I stuttered, not really sure what I was trying to get at. I wasn't even sure if I really wanted to see him or not.

"Well," he snapped me out of my thoughts by speaking up and stepping to the side, "he's in there with his parents right now. He could honestly get all the support he could get right now."

I let out a deep breath and flashed a small smile at the man.

"Thanks, doc."

"You're welcome." With that, he left to go sit by the gorilla position just in case.

When he left, I took another moment to myself. Did I really want to do this? Could I even will myself up to do this if I wanted to? My mind spun with all possible outcomes to the situation that I started to feel sick. Letting out another deep breath, my questions were answered.

I grabbed the doorknob and headed inside.

The aroma of the room sent another cold chill down my spine. As the door clicked shut behind me, a jolt ran through my body.

The Devitt's looked back at me with somber looks on their face. I noticed Fergal look at me in surprise before more tears formed in his eyes. I felt my heart start to break at the sight of him like this, but that just scared me more. I really couldn't wrap my head around why I was feeling this way towards him.

"Luna," his mother approached me for a hug. I swallowed down my nerves and lightly wrapped my arms around her to return her embrace. I could hear her start to sniffle in my ear, causing my throat to close. The feeling of tears forming in my eyes caused my body to burn; I forced them back as she pulled away from me.

His father also pulled me into a hug, but he had more control of his emotions that his wife. He thanked me for being there for Fergal, which brought about this feeling of guilt in my stomach; I was about to leave if that medic didn't stop me before. When he let me go, I swallowed my fear and looked towards Fergal.

With the bag of ice wrapped up to his shoulder, his whole cheerful aura seemed to disappear. He looked so broken, so lost. I found it hard to look like him like that. Lines of tears streamed through the remaining facepaint as his eyes looked cold and scared.

Slowly I approached him, fearing for him and myself. He looked up at me, his body shaking slightly from the emotions he was facing.

"I'm sorry..." Was I could muster, which caused him to cry more. A couple tears formed in my eyes, and even one fell. Cautiously, I stepped closer towards him and placed a hand on his knee. As he looked up at me, my whole body froze and I felt choked up. Part of me wished I never came in, but the other part of me knew I should do this, "You're going to be okay."

"I'm scared, Lun." He choked up as more tears fell and a sob hit him.

I patted his knee as a couple more tears fell from my eyes. I didn't know how to approach him in this situation. There wasn't anyway that I could make him feel better, unless there was some sort of magic I could use to make his shoulder better. Since I couldn't do that, I just had to say he was going to get through this. I'm not even sure if he believed me because I still hated him. My feelings for him couldn't be changed just because of an injury.

Poor Finny. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading. And until next time, heart you. <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.5K 164 32
If you watch wwe have you seen Finn balor/the demon king have you ever wanted to know what it's like to talk to him and possibly be the demons queen...
127K 3.2K 34
She was hurt. Mentally, physically. She would never trust another man again. Never. But she meets this crazy but sweet guy that understands all the f...
2K 41 13
Ignorance is bliss as they say. There's never been a time where you'd disagree, and you were set to live that blissful unaware life. You'd accept man...
58.9K 1.2K 21
What happens when a doubtful little girl gets a adopted by the "Demon-King" Finn Bàlor. ~Enjoy~