Blood Family

By LexTheAuthor

"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a fami... More

Before you read/ Family Tree
Chapter One : Matrimony
Chapter Two : Propostion
Chapter Three : Chance Encounters
Chapter Four : Switching It Up
Chapter Five : Out of Line
Chapter Six : Pawns
Chapter Seven : Loosing Your Head
Chapter Eight : All This Love
Chapter Nine : Plotting & Vengence
Chapter Ten : Deadly Moves
Chapter Eleven : Alvin
Chapter Twelve : Insulting
Chapter Thirteen : Grimy
Chapter Fourteen : Nice & Slow
Chapter Fifteen : Old & New
Chapter Sixteen : Christmas Eve
Chapter Seventeen : Incriminating
Chapter Eighteen : Fireworks
Chapter Ninteen : Look What You've Done
Chapter Twenty : Drugs R Us
Chapter Twenty One : Bygones Be Bygones
Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light
Chapter Twenty Three : Have You Ever
Chapter Twenty Four : Exchange
Chapter Twenty Five : Come See Me
Chapter Twenty Six : Burning
Chapter Twenty Seven : Mo Money Mo Problems
Chapter Twenty Eight : Savage
Chapter Twenty Nine : 5-O
Chapter Thirty : Doubts & Fear
Chapter Thirty One : Unconditional
Chapter Thirty Two : Ironic
Chapter Thirty Three : Growth
Chapter Thirty Four : Resentment
Chapter Thirty Five : California Love
Chapter Thirty Six : Cause & Effect
Chapter Thirty Seven : Cut You Off
Chapter Thirty Eight : I Care
Chapter Thirty Nine : Well Done
Chapter forty : No Mercy
Chapter Forty One : Brotherhood
Chapter Forty Two : Too Close
Chapter Forty Four : Blood Line Part Two
Epligoue

Chapter Forty Three : Blood Line Part One

108K 2.6K 8.6K
By LexTheAuthor

Ohaji Scott

"I-I didn't think you'd come here, so soon" Zaire stuttered as he scratched the back of his head. I remained silent and he continued to stand in front of me as if he'd done something bad and was hoping I'd laugh.

"Aren't you going to let me in? That's the polite thing to do when you have company" I said simply. Zaire hesitated before he let me into his home and then shut the door behind him. I heard the TV coming from the living room and glanced over my shoulder at him.

"Sincere apologized for what he did and he and Sharif are both working it out and trying to fix things. He came over here to see Marco so please don't gun this lil nigga down in my house" Zaire stressed as I smirked and walked down the long hallway. I could hear Zaire's footsteps trying to keep up with me.

When I came to the opening of the living room Marco slowly looked up at me before he held his arm up attempting to block Sincere and I rolled my eyes and took a seat. Sincere didn't notice me at first but when he did he looked at Zaire and Marco as if they were suppose to protect him.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would've came in shooting. None of that is called for, I just wanna know where my grandson is. I wanna talk to him" I said growing serious. Sincere appeared nervous like he didn't want to tell me and I wondered if I gave him the impression that he had a choice, because he didn't.

"O before you do something without thinking it all the way through, let's just talk about it. We have time to talk" Zaire chimed in and Marco slowly nodded. I patted my pockets seeing for the first time in years I didn't have a blunt already prepared to smoke.

"I don't want to talk it out. I'd love a blunt though if you mind getting that for me" I said growing agitated. Sincere fidgeted but leaned forward and opened up a small Baggie containing weed and began preparing it for me.

"So nobody knows where Q is? I'll find him eventually but it'd be easier if you just said something" I said while patting at my pockets. Sincere and Zaire both flinched and I looked at them with a look of confusion.

"I was just getting my lighter. Like I said if I wanted you all dead I would've came in here shooting. I'm too old for all of that anyway, I'm just chilling" I said sitting the lighter on the table in front of me.

"I promised Cal I would keep it on the low. If I tell you then he'd know that I'm the one that told" Sincere said nervously as he pulled at his shirt to fan himself. Zaire face palmed himself and leaned forward as if he knew the words about to come out of my mouth.

"Who are you more afraid of? Calvin or me?" I questioned slowly as I looked him over and he cleared his throat and looked down as if he was all a sudden afraid to make eye contact with me.

"Answer wisely please. This is the same man who shot a pregnant woman in the stomach" Zaire said shutting his eyes. I watched Marco grab Sincere's shirt and he looked at him for a little while before he let go.

"I mean you of course, who's afraid of Cal? It's just-" Sincere began before he paused and handed me the blunt he'd rolled. "He's holding him on one of his properties. I don't know which one just one of the homes he owns here and he has Sharif bring him groceries so you should go and talk to him" Sincere continued as he shook his head.

"Where do I find him?" I questioned and Sincere's eyes slowly roamed to the staircase. I reached onto the table and lit the blunt after placing it between my lips before I looked to the top of the stairs.

I stood up from my spot and Zaire's eyes followed me as I walked up his staircase. He shook his head and shared a look with Marco as I took a puff of the blunt in my mouth. I didn't understand why they were being like that, you shoot up a house one time and then everyone looks at you like you're unstable or some shit.

When I reached the top of the stairs I blew smoke from the corner of my mouth and listened to the sound of clippers coming from the hall bathroom. I walked over and gave a simple knock as I continued smoking and looking around Zaire's home.

"Nigga wha-" Sharif began as he snatched the door open. When he saw it was me he attempted to slam the door shut as I pulled out the gun I had on me and clicked it.

"Open the door and stop playing with me" I said through gritted teeth. Sharif opened the door and he stood holding the clippers in his hand before cutting it off and sitting it down. His eyes drifted down to the gun and he laughed nervously.

"O-Ohaji, what are you doing here? You know I was planning to come visit New York because Cali has been kinda boring" Sharif rambled as I took another puff of my blunt and watched him fidget.

"Do I look like I give a fuck?" I questioned raising an eyebrow. "Don't answer that I might shoot you, on accident" I said moving my finger to the trigger and he sighed and looked away.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want that" he said nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. I gestured with my gun for him to come out into the hallway and he sighed and did as told not taking his eyes off the gun.

Sharif slowly went to the staircase and I tucked my gun away before following him back downstairs. The first thing he did was look at Sincere who instead looked down avoiding his gaze like he was ashamed.

"Well damn is everyone a snitch now?" Sharif questioned and Marco looked at him before raising an eyebrow as if asking if he really wanted to go there.

"Well you did start it. You're one of the reasons why all of this is happening, just because you backed out eventually doesn't excuse your actions and what you did originally. This organization is a disgrace and I'm embarrassed" Zaire said as he lifted up his cup and drunk what was inside.

"Our intentions changed because we realized there was another way to go about it. We never planned for any of this to happen, Q used us and played us just like he played everyone else. We are very sorry and we'll do what it takes to make it right hopefully soon" Sincere said finally looking up at me in an attempt to make eye contact.

"You can't make it right. It's to late, so just take me to my son and my grandson right now" I said calmly and Zaire stood up and looked at me.

"You aren't going to kill them right? If Q has to be punished I recommend he go down for a crime and get put in prison for some time to think over his actions" Zaire stated.

"And how good did that work our for Eli? The man went into prison and never came out alive, it changed him. I don't wanna talk about this anymore, it not up for debate and it can't be negotiated. I won't repeat myself again" I said as I eyed Zaire who cleared his throat and nodded his head.

I gestured for Sharif to go ahead and Sincere offered to tag along but Marco grabbed a hold of his hand forcing him to stay exactly where he was. I gave him a simple nod before exiting out of the house.

As I was leaving out of Zaire's place I took a note of how clear the sky was and yet there was nothing I could actually think about doing. I was out of the game and had been for a little while, I had to get a hobby or some shit. Maybe I'll be one of those cool old niggas that play chess in the park and mind their business.

Sharif took me to this beach house off by itself. It was a remote location and there wasn't another home for a couple miles. When he cut the car off I reached to open the door and he stopped me.

My eyes roamed to his hand on my shoulder and he moved it before he moved his mouth like he was preparing to speak but no words would come out.

"I don't have all day, say what you have to say" I stated remaining calm. I was open to hearing anyone out, when I was younger I'd listen to sob stories and let whoever I was about to kill get it all out before I killed them, it was pretty fucked up now that I think about it but at least they died with a clear conscious.

"I can't tell if you're mad or not. But I've know Q for a long time now, I don't think he'd ever do anything with a cruel intent. That's not the type of person he is, he's misunderstood but the nigga idolizes you more than his father. When we were in high school you were all he talked about and I know you've been betrayed a lot-" Sharif tried to explain but I held up my hand stopping you.

"You don't know. You think you know your friends and your family but people change, not everyone stays the same forever. I had a best friend named Rico, we grew up together and we went all the way back to grade school. He was always the one getting me out of trouble, him and Jade. That was like my brother and I thought I knew him, but he betrayed me and his kids and in the end you may think you know someone and their motives but you don't. You will never know someone as much as they know themselves. Everyone lies sometimes" I said staring straight ahead.

"You've never done anything bad enough to warrant a second chance?" Sharif questioned and I used the side mirror to look at the gray in my beard.

"I don't believe in second chances anymore and if you live long enough you'll understand that not everyone gets a second chance. I guess I was just lucky" I smirked as I opened the car door. He watched me as I walked up to the beach house and rung the doorbell.

It was awhile before Calvin opened the door and looked at me. He stared at me before he shook his head and allowed me to come in.

"You didn't come here to kill him" Cal said and I looked over my shoulder at him before removing the gun I had on me and showed it.

"Are you sure?" I questioned as I clicked it and he looked down and nodded his head as he walked towards me.

"Yeah. You would've came in shooting" he responded as he walked passed and led me into the living room as I smirked. Q was sitting on a couch shuffling cards and when he saw me he went to stand up until Calvin shoved him back on the couch.

"You ambushed me? You're suppose to be my dad?!" Q yelled looking around for a quick exit as I looked him over and moved my finger to the trigger.

"Shut the fuck up. All you both do is whine about every damn thing" I mumbled shooting Q in the shoulder and he gripped the area instinctively and fell to the ground letting out a painful yell. "Now you have something to cry about" I mumbled.

Calvin went to say something and I moved the gun to him and he remained silent and took a step back while Q cried and continued to nurse his wound.

"You shot me?!" He shouted seeming surprised with tears running down his face. I nodded my head wondering if he needed better clarification.

"I did. That's just a small taste of what's to come if you stay here. You do know you can't keep him hidden in this beach house forever right? You got connects wanting to off him to defend our organizations honor. If we look weak then they look weak and they can't have that" I remind as I walked over to the window and looked out it.

Sharif was sitting on the hood of his car and smoking a cigarette as he looked around. My gaze went back to Calvin who'd begun pacing back and forth.

"I know but I'm not in charge anymore. Maybe Mo will smooth it over, I still have authority a lot of people respect me, I could-" Calvin tried to explain but stopped when he saw my gaze.

"If you put me in this position when you were his age you know what I would've done?" I questioned and he seemed hesitant to answer.

"You wouldn't of killed me because you love me to much. You would've protected me and nobody would've came after me and that's what I'm doing now!" Calvin snapped.

"I would've given you a plane ticket out of the country and told you to not come back until shit cooled over. Everything would've been low key but the most important thing was I would've never let it get to this point! You would have never done this shit and because of the way you treat your kids now, you better never in your fucking life call me a bad father again without looking in the mirror first!" I yelled causing him to back down.

I was a very flawed man but a bad father I was not. I never neglected him or turned a blind eye to anything he was doing or let it get to the point where I was in his position.

"You have maybe a week or two give or take before someone comes in here to get him. Do as you will" I said simply and Calvin quickly stopped me before I could leave the house.

"You're probably thinking that I need your help right now, but I don't. I can do it myself, I'm not going to lean on you anymore. I know how to survive, I'm not stupid I was just spoiled and used to everyone doing things for me and not wanting to actually put the work in and do it myself" Calvin admitted.

"At least you know" I responded looking him over and he smiled sheepishly. My gaze went to Q who was standing by his father like he was waiting for me to address him. "And you, I don't like you anymore" I said bluntly.

"You're my grandnigga you have to like me" Q complained as he walked closer to me and I rubbed my chin and thought about it.

"From now on you're Jade's grandson, I trade you for Knox" I said simply and Q opened his mouth to speak before he looked away as I smirked.

"Whatever he's nicer to me anyway" he mumbled. I loved my grandkids a lot even if I didn't always show it they were just that annoying snobby side of the family you avoid during the holidays in fear you'd choke slam them and cause a strife in the family.

"I'm about to go and see Silas. Good luck with all of this"'I said reaching behind me and pulling out a plane ticket to Jamaica and handed it over to Q who hesitated and took it.

"You're sending me to stay with Jesse and Alijah?" Q questioned wrinkling his eyebrows and I shook my head.

"No, they're in New York and might even move there. But I talked to Jesse yesterday and he said he'd do this for Calvin. You can go and stay in his house for the time being if it'll keep you from talking to the police. But if you come back here before your father sends for you, they are going to get you and kill you, it's not a threat to scare you. It's a promise" I said looking into his eyes.

"I only did this for Harlem. He said Kaine was trying to play him and that Kaine went to the police first which was why he was in prison when I broke him out. He needed my help and I felt like I had to help him. Part of me was hoping shit would go back to how it was before, had I of known what really happened I wouldn't of talked to the police and tried to get back at Kaine for something he didn't even do" He explained.

I looked at my grandson for awhile trying to determine if he was lying or not, and he wasn't but that still wasn't enough to stop people from trying to hurt him. He's a snitch and that was all people would see regardless on his intent, we handle things the street way and never get the law involved.

"I love you da', thank you for everything even if I didn't seem appreciative" Calvin called after me and I shrugged.

"I know you're appreciative you're just a brat. Regardless, you're a part of me and I love you" I shrugged as I left out hearing him chuckle.

As I pushed open the front door Sharif hopped down from his car and looked at me weirdly. He glanced passed me and I looked over my shoulder at Q who stood in the doorway preparing to lock the door back once we left.

Sharif seemed to relax some as I approached and walked to the passenger side. He eyed Q and then eyed me before he dropped the cigarette he was smoking and stepped on it.

"Let's go, I don't have a car so I need you to drive me around for the day. I wanna see an old friend" I smirked and Sharif rubbed his shirt and nodded his head.

-

Silas sat on his front porch reading the bible as I stood on the first step of his porch. I gave Sharif the okay to drive off expecting him back in an hour or two. Silas finally tore his eyes away from the book and looked at me as I took a seat in a chair and raised an eyebrow.

"You switch religions every week. When are you going to stick with something to believe in?" I questioned and he shut he bible and shrugged his shoulders. He carefully sat it to the side before he looked at the time on his watch and yawned.

"There's so much I still don't understand and I have so many questions. I wanna know all there is to know and if I can't I at least wanna know as much as I can, but I know in my head there's things I don't agree with and I know that's not something that should be said out loud" He said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I don't know. I doubt I'm the person you should really care for opinion wise" I shrugged and Silas chuckled and looked at a few cars driving passed his neighborhood.

"You think the reason why we're so bored is because we never actually had a job. Being a kingpin isn't easy, we worked hard for that but once that happened all the money came in and after awhile we didn't really have to do much except lead" Silas explained and I took his words in.

"I agree. That's actually the main reason why I came out here. I want your help with something" I explained feeling like my heart was about to stop beating as I suddenly became unsure on if this was what I really wanted.

"You know I'll always have your back. What is it though? You're scaring me" Silas said attempting to laugh off his nervousness and I leaned forward.

"I wanna start burning down our warehouses and trap houses. I wanna destroy everything, I don't want our family to have to suffer anymore. I don't want these kids their raising to have this shit normalized for them. My grandkids are soft, they were built to be rich kids and to go to school and that's okay. Knox is the sweetest and kindest child I know, he loves animals and he's smart and I don't want this for him, or any of them" I explained not wanting to make eye contact with Silas who was watching me.

"Don't make any rash moves right now. We can separate our family from this without burning bridges while doing it. We're the main source of a lot of the drugs being trafficked. A lot of people depend on this organization O. It's in way to deep to just burn it down. You could sell it, but what about Mo?" Silas questioned.

"He's willing to take on a burden he shouldn't have to take on. I feel like I'd rather do it this way, I don't think I can just sell my organization to someone. It should be easy but it's not" I sighed and Silas reached over to touch my shoulder in a comforting way.

"But you have to, just keep telling yourself that what you're doing is right. You want to protect this family and you can't protect everyone if this is still apart of it. This business helped us build a family, we wouldn't of met if not for this this. Jade would've never met Ivory if it wasn't for this but it's time to let it go. It's brought happiness but it's all brought a lot of pain" Silas explained shaking his head.

"Sometimes I wish I could go back to the simpler times. Back to before Don got killed and all of us were still around each other all of the time. Before Calvin grew up to be a dumbass and Rico betrayed us" I said with a slight chuckle.

"Back to when you were community dick and fucking everyone? That was some good times right there. We use to be some clowns man, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when we were all togther. We stayed cracking jokes on each other and making fun of Jade and Ivory" Silas said trying to hold his laughter.

Silas' phone rung from inside his house and he stood up and excused himself as he entered through the screen door. I relaxed back some feeling the breeze on my skin as I felt something familiar about the front porch and it took a little while before it clicked.

"Is this the house Jade and I lived in when we first kidnapped Ivory!?" I yelled as I stood up and entered the house seeing the layout was exactly the same it was just decorated different.

Silas ignored me as he talked to whoever was on the other side of the line in a serious tone. I continued to look around while he talked on the phone.

"He's okay right? What happened?" Silas questioned and I looked over my shoulder at him before I approached.

"Angelo and Johan got into a bad car accident. Apparently there was evidence in the car when it happened" Silas said pulling the phone away from his ear briefly before resuming the conversation.

Angelo and Johan's relationship reminded me of Silas and myself in the early years, I hoped it wasn't serious. Instead of waiting for Silas to get off the phone I pulled out mine and called Jade as I walked towards the living room.

Jades phone rung for awhile and he didn't answer until the very last ring like always with his non answering ass.

"Where are you at? Tell me what's going on over there" I said being impatient. Jade sighed like I was annoying him or something.

"You didn't even give me a chance to call you and tell you. I just damn found out and I have Knox with me so I have to be calm" He explained and I rolled my eyes.

"Are they alright? I don't need to come back right now do I?" I questioned sitting down on the couch.

"Johan is in a coma and I think Angelo is in a better condition for now but they're trying to treat him without taking him to the hospital" Jade explained.

"Damn. You know where to take him if his condition worsens, right?" I questioned and Jade sighed again.

"I'm aware. Hold on a second I'm trying to make Knox a sandwich" He mumbled and I raised an eyebrow listening to him talk to Knox.

"Make sure you cut the crusts off, he don't like that shit. Also you have to make sure he doesn't bring toys to the table because if he does he won't eat" I said instinctively.

"O I can do it, I'm not stupid" Jade complained and I smirked and rolled my eyes as if he could see me. " I bet you rolled your eyes, didn't you? I'm so tired of you" Jade complained like usual.

"You're doing the most. I only called because I was worried and as your older brother I decided to give you advice" I explained.

"Advice that I don't need, it makes me feel inadequate" he whined and I sighed and pulled the phone away from my ear and hung up as Silas entered the living room.

"Your friend is do damn dramatic, I can't take it. The nigga starts going to therapy and gets all sensitive and shit" I complained and Silas seemed confused for a moment.

"You just got off the phone with Jade didn't you? He's always been sensitive he just doesn't lash out in anger anymore, I think it's good for him. I'm worried about Johan though" Silas said as he remained standing.

"Yeah I plan to fly back out there in a few hours. You wanna come with me? You come to NewYork and you'll never wanna leave, I promise" I joked and Silas smacked his teeth.

"I'll be a west coast man until I die. I won't be a switch out like you and Jade" he proclaimed and I laughed.

"I got tired of fixing everyone's battles and had to get away. Being in California was to influencing on me and I needed a break. I still come back for the weed" I remind with a devilish smile.

"You'll probably be on your deathbed smoking weed through your oxygen mask while you're taking your final breath" Silas said shaking his head.

"It ain't no probably, that's how I'd like to go out. One of the first things in this world I smelled was weed and that's what I'd want the last thing I smell to be" I shrugged as I pulled at my gray beard.

"Of course you do" he chuckled as I looked at the time on my watch. I walked passed Silas as he watched me causing me to eventually pause and look over my shoulder.

"You coming or not?" I questioned and he looked around his quiet and peaceful house before he gave a simple nod.

"Let me grab some stuff" Silas said as he walked towards the staircase. I left out his front door going back onto the front porch and glanced at the bible that was still sitting where he'd placed it.

I lifted it up and flipped through some of the pages before placing it back down slowly and pulling my shirt out to fan myself. Silas eventually came back out and locked up his house.

"Here I was just enjoying my life and you show up about to make me go sin" Silas said shaking his head as he picked up the bible.

"I can't make you do anything. Do you have to take that?" I questioned and Silas looked it over before he glanced at me.

"Why? You scared?" He questioned seeing I was avoiding eye contact. I ignored him as he hit the alarm on his car.

"No" I mumbled shaking my head and Silas continued to look at me before he smacked his teeth and turned around going back into his house to put it away while mumbling to himself.

I tried to shake off the uneasy feeling as headed to his car also feeling the urge to vomit. Being in California didn't feel the same anymore, I always thought this would be the place I die but it was just to many bad memories and it actually made me have to face all of the wrong I'd ever done in my life and after all these years I still as the ready.

Ajani Turner

"He looks so peaceful almost like he's dead" Nandy blurted out as we all looked down at Johan's body. Everyone looked up at her and Moriah pinched the bridge of his nose as he ushered Nandy away while my gaze went back down to my brother.

"Jo's gonna be okay mama. They just put him in a coma so his head could heal, he'll be up and his normal self soon" I said trying to ease my mothers worries. She closed her eyes and turned placing her head into my father's chest while I reached over and touched Johan's hand taking in the warmth.

I never thought I'd miss Johan being annoying while rummaging through my pantry and trying to teach my son bad habits. I wanted everyone in my family to die of old age and not prematurely and if it came down to it I always thought it'd be me to die first, not my younger brothers.

Johan's face was bruised up bad from him slamming it on the dashboard. The airbag in Angelo's car never came out. If Johan hadn't been wearing a seatbelt he would've been ejected from the car like Angelo was.

When the car accident happened Kemba and Carter had been following them like they were suppose to and able to rush Johan to the emergency room. Angelo however wasn't so lucky and he'd been injured bad and not able to go to the hospital.

"Where is Kaine? Did he find someone to tend to Angelo?" My father questioned and I nodded my head. He was at some house that my grandfather had recommended and they were doing everything they could for him, he'd survived through the night so whatever they were doing was working for right now.

"I'm going to go and see them soon. I'll tell you what happens" I said looking down at my phone seeing a text from Sincere. I read over it seeing he wasn't in danger before deleting the text message and sticking my phone back into my pocket.

Majority of everyone was still giving him and Sharif the cold shoulder. I think that forgiving them would be easier later on but I wasn't sure if everyone else would be as forgiving with Q. I'd just continue to pay his ass dust like usual.

Kemba appeared in the doorway and he motioned for me to follow him into the hallway. I excused myself and followed him out where Julez stood leaning against the wall. He watched the nurses walk back and forth before he looked at me.

"Are you ready to go? We have to do this now" Kemba said in a low tone. My father stepped out into the hallway and looked at the three of us suspiciously.

"Gyal what are you about to get into?" He questioned folding his arms and I looked at him weirdly.

"I have a meeting. I'll be back later, I'll be okay I promise" I explained and my father looked at me as if he didn't believe what I was saying fully. He looked over his shoulder at my mother who was watching Johan's chest rise and fall.

"I don't believe you, but I trust you. Do what you have to do and then go straight to your house and stay there" he said sternly and I nodded my head. My father leaned down and kissed my forehead before he went back inside.

I glanced at Kemba who motioned for me to walk ahead and I did as he and Julez walked In sync with me.

"Are you sure we can trust this gyal? She's lied to us before, she lied to you before" Kemba said voicing his worries as we left out of the hospital.

"You've lied to me before too and yet I still trust you. Should I not trust you?" I questioned and Julez covered his mouth to hid his laughter causing Kemba to shove him in anger.

"Of course you can trust me. I've taken six bullets for you and she's taken none" Kemba said referring to Yoli and I nodded my head.

"True" I responded as Carter pulled up in front of us. Julez opened the back door for me and I climbed inside along with him and Kemba who'd grown silent.

"What made the three of you put so much faith in me when I first took over my fadda's cartel? You along with a few others have been loyal since day one with no complaint and no problem with me unlike everyone else" I said placing my seatbelt on.

"I didn't like you at first because you're only a little older than me and got so much power. I thought you'd be spoiled and not care about us or about this. But I was wrong, everything you do if for the greater good and you're sexy so" Julez commented and Kemba slapped him.

"I don't know why you're hitting me when you were all in your feelings because she didn't love you back" Julez mumbled as he messed with his nose ring.

The two of them argued the entire way until we reached a tall building of an office Yoli's father owned. I leaned forward and looked at Carter who was watching the SUV parked in front of us.

"You know what to do right? Don't space out" I said placing my hand on his shoulder. Carter nodded his head remaining silent and I gave Kemba a nudge wanting him to get out of the car.

He did as told and I followed him out leaving Julez in the car. Kemba grabbed my hand tightly quickly pulling me out of view of an Italian man talking on his cellphone as he smoke a cigar.

To outside people it looked like a regular office building and it was for the most part but it was also where a lot of kingpins and higher ups held meetings to squash beef, pay of debt or to try and link business wise. It was a place were all the important illegal business was handled every now and then.

Kemba and I went around the back and entered the building through an emergency exit and passed by Brandon another one of my guards who'd already been there. He stopped us before we could turn the corner and placed his finger to his mouth.

"I'm not stepping outside until you circle the fucking block again and make sure that bitch isn't out there. Hurry up right now!" Jenny yelled loudly. Brandon peeked around the corner before he nodded for Kemba and I to go towards the elevator and he held up the number seven signaling that Jenny had several guards with her.

"This plan might actually work, maybe we should take the stairs" Kemba started to say before I silenced him not wanting anyone to hear us. I also didn't want him to jinx anything by saying that, to much shit had already happened and I'd been thinking this scenario over for the passed week, this was the last chance to take care of Jenny and avenge everyone.

"Unless you're trying to run up over sixty flight of stairs I suggest we just take the elevator. That's to time consuming" I stated looking at my watch.

I clicked the elevator button a few times when I heard shooting from inside the building just as the doors opened. We both slipped inside as Brandon walked passed firing in the opposite direction to draw attention and I locked eyes with him as the elevator doors closed.

Kemba stood in one corner and I stood in the other staring at him. He avoided the staring contest and folded his hands.

"Still happily married to that batty bwoy?" He questioned and I raised an eyebrow and looked at the numbers as we went up floors.

"I am" I responded simply and he smirked and rested his head back as he looked at himself in the mirror inside. Things grew quiet and he proceeded to whistle as we reached the top floor and the doors opened revealing a few offices.

Kemba and I went out the emergency exit and onto the roof where Yoli sat looking down. She glanced over her shoulder at me and then at Kemba.

"My dad said you only have ten more minutes until he has to cut back on the security cameras or people will get suspicious" Yoli said and I stared at her for awhile.

"Thank you for doing this" I said walking passed as I leaned over the ledge. The time on my watch started to beep just as Jenny and her crew came out of the building in a hurry, one of the men holding his shoulder and two other guards struggled to hold up another man but Jenny was unharmed.

The car containing Julez and Carter was no longer parked in the front and I watched closely as Jenny just so happened to look up towards the roof and spot me. She blew a simple kiss and I kept a straight face watching as she hurried and got into the car thinking the shooting just now was my plan, but it wasn't.

Once the car door closed it sealed her fate and I extended my hand and Kemba carefully placed the detonator into my palm and I watched the car start up and pull off. I ran along the side of the building trying to time it right when the door to the roof was kicked open and a man showed his police badge.

Yoli grew a look of fear as she looked to me while a group of men stormed onto the roof with guns drawn. I clicked the button to the explosive having no other choice and the SUV containing Jenny and her guards exploded causing the ground to shake and windows to shatter.

The building trembled knocking everyone over roughly. I gasped feeling the wind knocked out of me and struggled to get up as Kemba reached for his gun and began opening fire.

Yoli grabbed my arm practically dragging me on the ground as I attempted to breathe while clutching my chest. A large piece of glass stuck out of my thigh and I was able to yank out of Yoli's grasp and stand up fully.

"Can you pull it out?" She questioned as she pushed open the emergency exit taking us back into the building. I glanced over my shoulder at Kemba who was right behind us and he motioned for me to continue on and not to worry about him.

I clicked the elevator button non stop until I realized that it was coming up signaling it was probably more police. Kemba nodded towards the doors leading to the staircase before he lifted me up easily. Yoli stood behind him as he tucked his gun away and we quickly rushed down the steps with her trying to keep up.

"The security in this building is no joke. We have to be careful, the security cameras should be cutting on soon and they'll probably search this entire building" Yoli called sounding out of breath.

We got down to an open floor before entering back into the building and I forced Kemba to put me down before I tried the next elevator inside. My phone started to ring and I looked at the caller ID not recognizing the number so I silenced it and slid it back into my back pocket.

When the doors opened I limped inside and leaned against the wall as Yoli clicked on the floor button until the doors shut.

"I clicked to early, the car wasn't suppose to explode so close. I panicked and didn't have much of a choices" I said looking down at my leg.

"Gyal it's fine, she's dead and that's all that matters. Your leg doesn't look to bad but your going to stick out with that glass sticking out of your leg" Kemba said pointing it out.

"I don't want to pull it out, it'll make it worse" I said slowly while resting my head back. Yoli looked at the both of us before she looked at her phone.

"The security cameras start working in thirty seconds" She said quickly as she pulled a hoodie over her head. I gave a simple shrug as the elevator doors opened on the ground floor and Kemba walked beside me as we passed through the chaos of people in the building running around and screaming assuming they were under attack.

Yoli shoved the door open and the chaos outside was even worse. Julez stood leaning against the truck smoking as he watched people run passed in a panic trying to get away from the area.

The building we'd just come out of was being evacuated and when he saw us he quickly opened the backseat and helped me inside.

"Thank you for leading her here and for helping me finish the job" I said and Yoli smiled small as she shrugged.

"I snitched to the police and I'm really sorry about that, this was the least I could do. However I did have to tell her somethings about you to make it legit. I told Jenny where the drugs were stored around the city and she was on her way to handle it when you showed up but I knew she'd die so I just confessed everything" Yoli said nervously.

"All of those men she was with didn't get into the car with her through. What if they hit us up?" Kemba questioned as I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"Go check it out. We have to go" Julez demanded ushering him out of the car as Carter started the car up. Kemba glanced at Yoli before he shut the door and walked towards another waiting car with more members of the cartel while Yoli ran to catch up with him.

"You okay?"Carter questioned as he struggled to maneuver around traffic. I remained silent as Julez used a blade to cut my jeans exposing the wound.

"Does she look okay?" He questioned gesturing to my thigh. I rested my head against the window and shut my eyes.

"It just hurts. I don't feel like I'm loosing a lot of blood. Just take me to be treated" I mumbled seeing all of the police trucks around and the ambulances. The truck Jenny was in that exploded caused a chain reaction that got other cars and the lower part of a few buildings.

"Johan is going to be pissed he was in a coma" Julez commented as his eyes widened at the crazy sight around us.

"Probably. But I need you to prepare the spot, we're going into go into hiding until things with the Feds calm down some. I wanna be able to leave the country quick if I have to, okay?" I questioned Julez.

"Of course, I'll take care of it" he said nodding his head. I locked eyes with Carter briefly who was looking at me in the rearview mirror before he focused back on the road.

"Where do you want me to go? The hospital?" He questioned and I struggled a little while reaching into my back pocket before pulling out a piece of paper with an address where Kaine was.

"Take me there" I said lowly and he gave a simple nod and clutched the paper in his hands as he kept his eyes on the road.

-

"Damn that shit looks painful as hell" Kaine said as he sat at the foot of the bed and eyed my stitched up thigh that was on full display. My husband scooted closer and leaned in to kiss my lips gently.

"It feels even worse" I stated as I unscrewed the lid to my water bottle and took a few sips before sitting it down. There was a knock on the bedroom door and I looked down seeing I was only in my bra and panties and Kaine got up and pulled the comforter over me before he got up and got the door.

My grandmother appeared and she was holding Kieran and a bag of clothes for me to change into causing me to sit up. She walked over and I took Kieran from her arms slowly and my son cuddled into my body as I kissed his face.

"Nana how did you find this place so quick?" I questioned and she looked towards Kaine. Angelo was a few doors down being watched over by a few under the table doctors and I could hear the loud machine beeping through the walls.

"Your grandfather use to come to this place all the time when he got shot and needed to be treated. There's also a similar place in California, it saved his life a lot" She explained. I looked around the bedroom that kinda resembled a hospital room and nodded.

"Yeah this would be wise to invest in, instead of dodging police reports" I said watching as Kaine leaned forward and folded his hands together as he went into deep thought.

It was like everytime I really looked at him I noticed how mature he was looking. He'd started to grow out his facial hair more and kept it neatly trimmed, his beard was becoming one of my favorite things about him.

"I should probably go and pack up the most important things from our house, that is if the police haven't gotten there yet. I wanna make sure we don't leave anything behind" Kaine said clearing throat.

"Have the safes been emptied?" I questioned and he nodded his head. My grandmother picked up the remote and un muted the TV causing her to hear the news reporting about the explosion, every news channel was talking about it.

"How's Angelo?" She questioned muting the TV back almost like she knew one of us had done that and she just didn't want to ask who because she could tell the situation was bad.

"Not good but he keeps pulling through but he's bleeding internally. He also got a few broken bones and a punctured lung on top of a bad head injury and most of his teeth got knocked out" Kaine explained.

"Well the teeth can be replaced and nobody would ever know so that's not a big deal. I'm concerned about the internal bleeding, I'm gonna make a phone call. I wanna see him" my grandmother ordered and Kaine stood up and opened the door leading her out and to the room where Angelo was.

The entire house was filled with men and women who were being treated by different doctors down below. I was familiar with a few of the drug dealers that were here and everyone just looked beat up and done with life.

I cradled Kieran closer to my body listening to him breathe when Moses came into my room and shut the door before taking a seat. He was shirtless and had a towel wrapped around his shoulders as he became engrossed in a text message.

"I thought you left?" I questioned raising an eyebrow and Moses looked up at me briefly before he slid his phone into his pocket and shrugged.

"I did and then I came back to get the rest of my stuff and then Angelo and your brother got into a car accident. I would've left but I don't wanna leave and then hear that he died. Lo did a lot for me, he took me under his wing and showed me the ropes and treated me like family, sometimes like a red haired step child but family nonetheless" Moses explained.

"I understand" I responded and Moses stood up and casually walked around the bedroom looking at everything.

"I didn't know places like this existed. What do they call them? Trap hospitals, yeah?" He questioned and I laughed.

"I've never been here before so I wouldn't know. It gives me ideas though" I commented and Moses smiled. "Have you talked to Aaron recently?" I questioned and he stopped smiling.

"That's a bit personal innit? I'm not obligated to talk to him anymore we aren't together" Moses said being sure to say the last part under his breath.

"Bwoy get out of your feelings" I responded and Moses sat back down. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip as he stared into space.

"I'm always in my feelings now, it's crazy. I'll get over it eventually though" Moses responded as the door opened again and Kaine reentered. He looked at Moses briefly before he walked over and retook his seat at my bedside.

"You're gonna go with your grandma right? And I'll drop by the house later and grab the important stuff and we'll meet back over at your grandparents place in a few hours. Ivory said that Knox is with your grandfather so he's good" Kaine informed me.

I nodded and watched as he touched Kieran's head softly before he nodded his head towards the door wanting Moses to give us some privacy.

"I'll be outside" he said emotionless as he walked passed shutting the door behind him. I watched him pick up the remote and un mute the TV seeing what the news was saying.

"Shit. I'm happy you got out of there with just a leg injury. I know you got a transplant but I still get scared about that you know?" Kaine questioned as he gestured to my heart.

"I'm fine. I just got the wind knocked out of me, I'd tell you if there was a problem" I responded as I looked down at Kieran and Kaine sighed and placed his head into his hands. I thought he was laughing at first until I realized he was crying and for the life of me I couldn't remember the last time I'd actually seen him cry.

My grandma entered the room to say something when she saw Kaine. I pointed at Kieran and she walked over and slowly took him from me trying not to wake him up before she left out of the room.

"Are you stressed out?" I questioned rubbing his back and he didn't respond to me right away he just remained in that position like he didn't want me to see him cry.

"I think I'm just tired and scared that Angelo is going to die. I tried to tell them to stop being so reckless and to stop going to the strip club and they did so anyway" Kaine sighed as I grabbed tissues and handed them to him.

"Don't think like that. They're going to be okay and then a month or two from now they'll be back to being annoying and we'll want them to go away again" I responded and Kaine looked at me.

"That's what you see for us two months from now?" He asked and I nodded my head slowly not wanting to be negative or even put the thought of them not being okay out there.

"Yeah. We'll be done with the game and live like normal fucking people" I said and he chuckled and scratched his chin.

"That'd be nice. If we don't have to flee the country first" Kaine said nodding towards the TV as they showed a sketch article on what I was suppose to look like except they'd gotten my gender wrong and I looked like a white guy.

"No it's okay, I've had something planned for times like this" I explained and Kaine looked at me weirdly before back at the TV. He picked up the remote and cut the TV off before he cleaned his face.

"We don't need to have sex for a good week because every time we get in our feelings and fuck you end up pregnant" Kaine said with a chuckle and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know, committing crimes always makes me horny" I joked sarcastically and he smirked and looked down.

"Come on, get up and get dressed" He said as he got up and grabbed my hands pulling me up from the bed slowly.

He reached into the bag my grandmother brought and handed me the joggers and the hoodie inside and I quickly got dressed ignoring the pain in my thigh. We left out of the trap hospital as Moses called it and after giving him another kiss we went our separate ways, he going with Moses and me getting in the car with my grandmother.

"How bad is traffic?" I questioned getting into the car. My grandmother gave me a look signaling it was terrible and it'd probably be a long two hour car ride.

I glanced in the backseat at my sons carseat before putting my seatbelt on and resting back. She reached over to turn off the radio thinking the music was bothering me but I stopped her liking the song that was playing.

When we arrived back over to my grandparents place like I'd predicted a good two hours had passed and I'd gotten much needed rest. I took a look at my cellphone wondering I'd had any missed calls but there were none.

Aaron was sitting on the front steps by himself seeming like he was in his own world until we started getting out of the car. He slowly stood up and waited for us before opening up the front door and offering to take Kieran's car seat from me.

"Why were you sitting out here alone?" My grandmother questioned sounding concerned but he just shrugged and laughed to himself. I looked into his eyes seeing how red they were and I figured he was just high.

"Oh, Jade wanted me to tell you that he went to run some errands with Knox" Aaron called and my grandmother paused.

"He left you here by yourself?" She questioned and Aaron looked like he was holding in his laugh as he nodded his head.

"Not exactly, he gave me weed and told me to watch myself. I don't even remember coming outside man, I just kinda blinked and there I was forgetting how to open doors and shit" He said walking off in his own world.

"Sometimes I wonder why I even ask Jade to do stuff" she signed taking her purse off as she walked down the hallway.

I looked down at Kieran who was still in his car seat but had woken up and he was giving me this look like everybody had him fucked up today and I couldn't say I blamed him.

Jade Scott

Boosty Collins 'I'd rather be with you' played from the radio in my car and Knox sat in his car seat and danced and sung along all the while eating a grilled cheese from Starbucks. I pulled up to a red light before stopping as I tapped on my steering wheel and looked around at my surroundings. I'd tried to make him a sandwich earlier but it was a fail so I just got takeout.

"Pop Pop!" Knox screamed from the backseat over the music. I reached over and turned the radio down before glancing at him briefly. He was no longer holding the sandwich and my gaze slowly roamed to the ground where it lay. I picked it up and looked it over before wrapping it back in the wrapper and placing it into the bag before handing him a fresher one.

"You know Knox, you got a big task on your shoulders" I said as I started driving again. He took a small bite of the sandwich and chewed as he kicked his legs back and forth. "You gotta go to college and be whatever you wanna be, you have your whole life in front of you, just be as happy as you are right now. Can you do that?" I questioned glancing in the rearview mirror briefly as he scrunched his face up playfully.

"I can be a superhero?" He questioned and I smirked and nodded my head. Knox smiled and took another bite of his sandwich remind me a little of Elias when he was little. I don't think there's a day that goes by where I don't think about how I'm the reason two of my kids aren't alive.

I had chance after chance to stop drug dealing but I didn't. I took it all for granted and now it's to late to go back and hug them or just talk to them and tell them I'm sorry. I was never good at showing my feelings, I always thought that people should just know I cared about them without me actually having to say it.

Growing up I always had Ohaji, he always looked after me and made sure I never wanted for anything and I felt like I owed him the same. I wanted to protect my brother because I was scared to lose him and still to this day I'm terrified that I'll have to live without him.

"Pop Pop play it again!" Knox yelled snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him again as he bobbed his head and tried to snap his fingers to the beat.

"You're a fly little dude and your music taste is impeccable, you get that from me obviously. You play this when you're older while you're chilling with a young lady and you'll be surprised of the outcome" I smirked restarting the song.

I tossed my phone into the seat next to me as I turned the music up a little louder and bobbed my head to the music while singing along all the way to his house to see why Kaine wanted to talk to me.

When we pulled up to Ajani and Kaine's place Knox started pouting when 'If you think you're lonely now' started to play because he didn't want to get out. I chuckled cutting the car off and got out helping him out of his seat as well.

"Relax, we can listen to it later" I said taking a hold of his hand as we walked up the steps. One of the guards standing in front opened the doors for us just as Kaine came jogging down the staircase causing Knox to gasp over dramatically and go running to his father while giggling.

"You wanted to talk?" I questioned raising an eyebrow and Kaine pointed to the living room wanting me to follow him as he carried Knox.

He eventually lowered his son to the ground and sent him to go play before he plopped down on his couch and rested his head back so he was looking up at the ceiling.

"I know you probably don't hear this ever, but I wanna be just like you except smarter" Kaine said and I remained standing keeping a dull expression on my face.

"Wow that was offensive as fuck but this is a first, everyone would rather be like Ohaji" I responded folding my arms.

"Well I got a family and I'm trying to leave the game all together but I need to know who you did it. How did you leave without being pulled back in? If Angelo stays then part of me will want to stay because he's my cousin and I care so much about him. Nobody is going to have his back like I have his back" Kaine explained.

"Angelo is a man, I use to feel the same way. I always wanted to protect Ohaji because he's my big brother and he was all I had. I waited until it was to late to realize that at the end of the day he's going to do what he's going to do regardless and if I spent the rest of my life chasing after him it wouldn't be a happy life" I explained.

"But is it worth spending the rest of your life afraid that when you get a phone call it'll be someone telling you that he's dead? Every time the phone rings my heart drops into my stomach and I can't breathe. My anxiety is just really bad now and all my confidence is gone and I can't keep putting on this act everyday" Kaine stressed as he rubbed his face.

"You have to make a choice, but don't wait until it's to late and your sons start copying your behavior thinking this shit is normal because that'll hurt worse" I responded and Kaine looked at Knox briefly.

"So how did you get out for good?" He asked again and I thought about it for awhile before I shrugged.

"I bought my way out and gave everything to O. Now I just lay low and mind my business,I still think sometimes that a man might try and run up on me to kill me off for some clout but other than that I don't really think to much about it. I watch my surroundings but you on the other hand haven't been in the game for that long so that'll work to your advantage" I said rubbing my chin.

"What do you mean?" He questioned again as the front door opened and closed. We both looked up as Moriah entered in a few moments later.

"I mean young kingpins come and go everyday and someone else rises up to take their spot. They get killed, go to jail or slip out of the game after stacking their money up and they're forgotten" I stated with a shrug and Kaine nodded taking everything in.

"I'd rather be forgotten. You niggas got wikipedias and shit and I don't want that" Kaine laughed shaking his head.

"You're not moving into my neighborhood are you?" Moriah questioned bluntly and Kaine looked up at him before shaking his head.

"Nah. We probably won't have to move but we're just going to one of the safe houses to recoup" He shrugged and I pulled at my beard as Moriah glanced at me briefly.

"What were y'all talking about?' He questioned suspiciously as he remained standing and looked at the both of us.

"Kaine wants to leave the game and I was telling him that leaving now would be wise just like it'd be wise for you to do the same. You have a baby on the way right?" I questioned and he looked at me surprised.

"Wait, Nandy is pregnant and you didn't tell me? I get to be the god dad right?" Kaine questioned seeming to grow a little excited.

"How did you know? Did Nandy tell you?" Moriah questioned ignoring Kaine and I shook my head no.

"I'm not stupid, I notice things. I always know when women are pregnant, it's a gift" I smirked cockily.

"Or your pull out game is just weak as fuck" Kaine mumbled and I stopped smiling and looked at his funny looking ass.

"Respect your elders and stay in a child's place. Go play with Knox" I pointed and Kaine slowly looked over at his son who looked up at us at the mention of his name and smiled before he went back to playing with his Lego blocks.

"Old ass nigga" Kaine mumbled as he got up and walked out leaving Moriah and I alone. His reaction let me know that it wasn't something he wanted me to know.

"Does anyone else know about this? I'm not trying to have everyone getting Nandy's hopes up, she should always be on guard until the baby is physically out of her" Moriah said sternly.

"I haven't told anyone, only Kaine knows now. You got to lighten up" I said placing my hand on his shoulder and he sighed.

"They just keep dying. I don't want to get emotionally attached" He said lowly. I nodded my head understanding.

"Yeah I know what that feels like, but you can't fear everything. It's okay to be cautious but don't let it suck the life out of you" I said sternly and he nodded before looking at me.

"I love you dad and I needed to hear this" he said quietly and I raised an eyebrow as if I hadn't heard him correctly, it wasn't something he ever said out loud.

"Love you too" I smirked and he tried to hide his smile as he looked down and shook his head.

-

Ivory sat out in the back of our house and stared at the snow falling. I peeked out the door at her and whistled to get her attention causing her to look over her shoulder and glare at me before turning back around in her seat.

"Don't whistle at me like I'm an animal" She said folding one of her legs over the other. I pulled my jacket closed tighter before stepping out and shutting the door behind me to drown out the noise from our family inside.

"Why are you sitting out here in the cold? You don't like me anymore?" I questioned playfully as I joined my wife. She ignored me as she looked down at her wedding ring and played around with it.

"I still love you. Even if you're old and have a gray hair, you're pretty easy to love and you didn't let yourself go like most old men" She said and I shook my head.

"I can't help getting old but I can help not looking the part. I like when people look at me and try to figure out how old I am" I said leaning over and kissing her cheek gently.

"Do you think Elias would've like New York?" She blurted out and I paused feeling the mood shift as she looked at me showing her sadness.

"I mean knowing him he probably would have. I should probably still hate Kaine and deep down I probably do but I don't feel like that's the right thing to do. Am I wrong?" I questioned trying to see where her head was at.

"I don't think so" she said hoarsely as she leaned over and rested her head on top of my shoulder.

"Damn. Why y'all look so old?" A familiar voice questioned and Ivory looked up as she pushed her tears away before they could fall and quickly got up practically rushing to Silas to hug his ass.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned walking down the steps as Silas smiled and let go of the hug before turning to look at me.

"I don't even know, O stopped at my place and you know how that ends up going. That man can talk anyone into anything" he chuckled and I nodded my head in agreement.

"He went through the front door?" I questioned and Silas nodded as I walked back up the steps and entered into the house.

I could hear my brothers voice and I traced it to the hallway where he and Knox were having a dramatic moment as they hugged causing me to roll my eyes.

"Don't be a hater. Knox loves his daddy O ain't that right?" Ohaji questioned and Knox looked between O and I before he ran away and I smirked.

"Did you handle what you had to handle? You acted like it was to top secret you couldn't tell me" I remind and I could tell by his face he was going to play stupid.

"I don't have to tell you everything. Who's older?" O questioned raising an eyebrow and I shook my head and walked passed him.

"Grow up. That shit doesn't even matter anymore" I complained as I started to walk into the living room until I saw Alijah sitting in there. I paused hesitating and O walked over and stood next to me.

"Take your own advice and grow up. You're too old for this shit, stop dodging your daughter" He teased and I looked at him.

"I'm not dodging her it's just the way it is right now. We'll be fine eventually" I stated and O laughed out loud catching Alijah's attention. She looked up at us weirdly before she went back to flipping through a bridal magazine Ivory had sitting on the coffee table.

"You keep saying eventually and soon eventually is going to turn into you on your death bed with regret. I know you regret a lot of things and I know you wish you could change them but you can't, you can still stop avoiding your child though. But what do I know" O said as he walked away with a creepy smile, the same smile Knox had begun to do as well.

I entered into the living room thinking of something to say and she didn't even look up until I sat down on the coffee table in front of her.

"How are you? How's Johan? I really wanted to see him but I know everyone probably wouldn't want Knox around that because he's so young but I did want to be there" I explain and she nodded.

"He's doing really good, I'm about to go back there and spend the night I just needed a break. They're going to try and remove him from the induced coma tomorrow afternoon sometime and if everything goes okay then I'll be fine" She explained and I smiled.

"That's good" I said awkwardly and she looked back down at the magazine flipping the page. I looked towards my youngest grandson Seven who was laying beside her on the couch asleep and I could see the dry tear streaks on his face.

"Did you want to talk?" Alijah questioned after she realized I wasn't going to go away. She shut the magazine and looked at me and I sighed.

"I don't know why this is so hard. I keep trying to get to know you but it just never works out. I know you hate me and I understand, I was everything I said I wouldn't be when I became a father" I tried to explain and she blinked almost like she was half listening.

"I don't hate you, I don't hate anyone. If I hated you I wouldn't make the effort to come around and you probably wouldn't know my younger children. I honestly don't wanna rehash the drama, lets just move forward. I know you didn't mean it" She said in a calm tone.

"I-I'm still sorry" I admit looking away and she laughed it off and leaned forward giving me a hug. It wasn't awkward as usual and I felt like she was at peace which made me feel at peace.

"I love you" I said and she pulled back and looked at me as if she was caught off guard. She smiled reminding me of Moriah as she grew bashful.

"Love you too dad" She said lowly and all of a sudden people began cheering from the hallway. I looked up at O, Ivory and Jesse who were smiling and then at Ajani who gave me a thumbs up.

Alijah and I both looked to the left when we saw a flash and stared at Moriah who had snapped a picture of us before awkwardly sliding behind the wall so we wouldn't see him.

"Y'all are so extra" Alijah laughed as she stood up from the couch as she went over and hugged Ohaji as well.

"Can we have a drink to this please? It's been a long time coming" O offered and everyone looked at Jesse.

"We have apple juice? I can bring everyone a glass, it's so good" Ivory bragged as she rushed off to get it and O frowned.

"Sounds fun but I wanna go be with Johan. I don't like leaving my kids in the hospital by themselves, I don't care how old they are" Alijah said as she grabbed her jacket from the couch.

She and Jesse said goodbye before they went on there way and I could tell at the mention of Johan it seemed to do something to Moriah and bring his mood down.

"The police did that to him because of me. I told him to go and get something because I knew he was bored and had I of not done that he nor Angelo would be fighting for their lives" Mo said causing Jesse to pause.

"Johan's at fault too, the bwoy should've came straight to you instead of making a stop at the strip club when he knew he wasn't suppose to. We don't blame you and my son would never blame you either, this is a learning lesson for him. Johan always has to get burned before he takes things seriously" Jesse explained before he walked away but it didn't ease Moriah's guilt.

I looked over at O who had lifted Knox up allowing him to whisper something in his ear. O was really hearing him out judging by how he was nodding his head.

"Knox would like to know where his daddy is at. Until Kaine comes home he is not going to sleep" Ohaji said and Moriah looked up.

"He went to see Angelo" my son mumbled and O nodded his head before he looked at Silas and I.

"Let's go find his short ass and bring him home for lowercase O" he said and I looked at Ajani seeing she looked uneasy about Kaine being off by himself.

Silas and I agreed without hesitation and we followed Ohaji out. Things felt like old times, the only thing missing was our youth. I also wondered if Ivory would be upset that mostly everyone had left and wouldn't stick around to drink the apple juice she was preparing for them.

Kaine Turner

The whites of Angelo's eyes were red and when I stepped into the room he didn't bother looking in my direction. Goddess, his girlfriend had pulled me aside in the hallway and let me know that he'd been talking crazy.

"Johan?" Angelo questioned weakly as I pulled up a chair and sat down. I didn't know what to tell him exactly because the truth was we wouldn't know how okay Johan was until he woke up and I didn't want to get my hopes up.

"He's okay" I lied as Angelo seemed to accept my answer. He groaned not being able to move his body because of the pain he was in.

"I know what you're going to say" He muttered angrily. I shrugged, I didn't care how he took what I was about to say but it was something that needed to be said.

"I'm leaving the game and you should leave too. We saw how this turned out for everyone else, this isn't some brand new shit that we're experiencing. You just nearly died" I stressed.

"The game didn't do this to me. A car did this to me Kaine" Angelo said weakly as he looked at the ceiling and I could tell he wanted to stop the conversation but that didn't matter to me.

"But why? You were targeted for a reason correct? Because of the drug business, who is going to have your back, Raheem? That nigga is God knows where drowning in self pity. Harlem? As a matter of fact I'm about to go and off that nigga tonight just so you know. Johan doesn't want to sell drugs so it's just you" I explain.

"I don't exist. I can't go to school or get a job or do anything, when I broke out of prison I was about to do fifty years in prison so my life was already over and I feel like I'm dying" Angelo wheezed as he struggled to breathe.

I helped him sit up and he preceded to cough out blood as he gasped for air. I got up and opened the door to his room.

"Yo somebody help!" I shouted and a plain clothed Doctor entered into the room quickly. I stepped to the side watching him work on Angelo and I grew numb.

Goddess rushed inside as I backed out and shut the door behind me. I nearly tripped over Moses who was sitting on the ground and he looked up at me and pulled his headphones out of his ears.

"You don't need to be hear anymore I'm good. Thank you for helping me out, I couldn't think to get anyone else except Malik but he didn't answer his phone" I said walking away and Moses stood up and followed me.

"You don't have to thank me for that. But I'm not leaving, I don't want to leave and then he dies. At least when Aaron got shot I knew he'd live, it didn't feel as bad as this" Moses said as he stopped me.

"Then stay. I don't care" I shrugged walking away hearing him sigh behind me. I jogged down the steps and when I opened the front door two men were struggling to carry this big dude inside who had a bullet wound in his head and his chest.

Blood dripped everywhere and I was able to ease passed them without getting blood on myself as doctors came over to help.

I pulled out my gun and checked the clip before tucking it away. When I saw O and Silas leaning against my car I grew aggravated.

"What are you doing here? Get off my car please" I said attempting to be polite and I looked at Jade who was standing off to the side.

"Your son is worried about you. You saw Angelo so take your ass home or to Jade's house I guess" Silas said eyeing me.

"I got shit to do, I'll be home later he knows that. He's three he probably forgot I was gone by now" I explain hitting the alarm on my car.

"What are you about to do that's so important?" O questioned me not moving from my car and I squinted my eyes.

"To go and take care of Harlem. Jenny is dead and he's the only one who's left, once he's gone we'll be good" I shrugged.

"Accept for the fact that you know he's working for the police. You think the police are going to leave him vulnerable when he'll ultimately be the one to testify against you?" Jade questioned as he walked over to my car and reached down under it feeling for something.

I watched him walk around my entire car before he pulled something out and held it up to show me the tracking device.

"So they know where you're out, lucky for you this place isn't known so they probably just think you're posted up at someone's house" Jade said as he tossed it to O who then stuck it under someone else's car.

"Y'all young dudes don't know anything. You're walking into a death trap and you don't even know it and I don't want to be the one to have to break the news to Ajani when you do die" Silas commented.

"So then come with me? I'm still going to go" I stated and Jade looked at me before he chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm not about this life anymore. You made a choice and I respect it" Jade said nodding and O rolled his eyes.

"Well I'm going with him. I don't have anything to loose, I can't go to jail" Ohaji reminded and Silas folded his arms.

"You still aren't exempt from dying which you seem to either not care or forget all the time" Silas reminded and O looked him over.

"I made a promise to lowercase O. Are you coming or not Silas?" O questioned as he tossed his car keys to Jade who remained silent and I remembered what he'd told me earlier.

"I'll go. He don't know you like I know you" Silas mumbled and O moved in front of my car door allowing me to open it but he stopped me.

"Get in the backseat" he ordered and I went to protest but didn't even feel like it as I handed my keys over and climbed into the backseat.

"What should I tell Ivory when she asks where y'all went?" Jade questioned looking at his brother and O pulled at his gray beard.

"Tell her we went to handle some business or lie" He shrugged and Jade looked at him for awhile before he walked away seeming like there was something he wanted to say but didn't.

I finally understand that what everyone was doing felt right to them even if it was wrong in the eyes of everyone else and you had to let people make their own choices. Nothing he could say would stop O from doing what he felt like he needed to do and nothing they could say would stop me from doing what I needed to do.

The only thing anyone could do was wait for the outcome wether it was good or bad.

Authors Note -

Comment & Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.6K 28
Kenya Classic is 21 years old and born and raised in Atlanta. She moved out of her mama's house at 17 years old to do everything on her own. Her mama...
8.4M 280K 41
"This was suppose to be easy, nobody was suppose to get hurt". Twenty year old Ivory Santana was what most people would call friendly and caring...
CHASE By Coco Chanel

General Fiction

52.9K 2K 14
Cartier aka Chase has had a hard life. Her life has been nothing but chaos. From her uncle tricking her into thinking it's okay to have sex with her...
1.2K 120 29
(*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE*) Dyshawn, formally known as Dice, and his daughter, Jade, were two of the baddest hustlers that had no choice but to retir...