When I Come Home ➺ Spencer Re...

By escapinglifee

When he's steps into work he stops being Spencer Reid father to three beautiful children, he becomes SSA Dr... More

Cast
Moodboard's
The Reid Household
When I Come Home - 1
When I Come Home - 2
When I Come Home - 4
When I Come Home - 5
When I Come Home - 6
When I Come Home - 7
When I Come Home - 8
When I Come Home - 9
When I Come Home - 10
When I Come Home - 11
When I Come Home - 12
When I Come Home - 13

When I Come Home - 3

36.6K 595 30
By escapinglifee

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Criminal Minds. Nothing belongs to me except, Morgan Reid, Jason Reid, Ryan Reid, and Ella Reid. The GIF's don't belong to me, the song, or the song video. All that belongs to me is my characters and my book. All statistics or places I use are made up unless said otherwise. If it is said otherwise it will be in the ending author note. Any mistakes please tell me.

One Month Later:

Friday, May 26, Reid Household

7:02 AM

"Mom, where's my backpack?"

"Dad, where's my earphones?"

"Daddy, where's my jacket?"

"Mom-"

"Dad-"

Morgan sighed as she turned away from the stove to look at her husband who sat at the counter smiling, as he read a case file. Once she looked at Spencer she couldn't help the small laugh that escaped her lips. Walking up to him she leaned her arm and face on the counter in front of him.

Then she yelled out to her kids who were running around the house, "Breakfast!"

Hearing all three of the kids come running down the stairs Spencer got up from his seat to grab the glasses from the cabinet. The Reid kids walked into the kitchen grabbing a plate from their mom and glass from their dad before going to sit down at the dining table.

Following their kids with a plate and cup of coffee, they all sit down to share breakfast together before Spencer had to leave.

"Okay Ryan your headphones are in the living room, Jason your backpack is supposed to be in the hall, and Ella your jacket should also be in the hall." Morgan gave all her kids a look, only one a mom could pull off, before taking a bite of her scrambled eggs. 

"Mother, Father; can Alexis spend the night, we want to celebrate the end of Freshman Year?" Ryan asked her parents, using the names they hated to be called. 

Morgan looked to Spencer who gave a small nod, "Honey you know Alexis is always welcome. She practically lives here anyway, we love having her."

"Thanks, I'll text her now." Ryan took out her phone to text her best friend.

Spencer looked at the clock which now read 7:42 and decided he needed to go to work. He reached over and gave a kiss on the head to all of his kids and kissed his wife before getting up from the table. He stopped in the hall to put on a sweater vest, which he only wore to work and grabbed his messenger bag before walking out the door.

Friday, May 26, BAU Offices

8:07 AM

Jennifer Jareau, JJ, walked into the BAU offices thinking about her husband and son. It was the last day of kindergarten and she couldn't be there to pick him up. She walked out of the elevator towards her office, dropping off her purse before going out on a search to the break room for some coffee. Making her way through the bullpen she noticed that everyone was there except Spence. Walking into the break room she didn't see Spencer in there either. She stopped to talk to Prentiss for a moment before deciding she needed to start work.

Walking back through the bullpen she did notice that Reid was there now, but he was usually earlier than her. JJ shrugged it off and started to look through files, which state and prescient needed a consult, and which needed the team's immediate attention. She worked for a couple of hours before noticing that it was lunch, walking into the bullpen she noticed Emily packing up her purse with Derek and Penelope nearby. Walking over to the friends she looked around for Spencer.

"Is Spencer coming to lunch with us?" JJ asked her friends looking around for the younger man.

"Yes," Emily replied, "Hotch needed him for something real quick."

With that being said Reid bounded down the steps from Hotch's office. Grabbing his messenger bag he met with his friends in front of the elevator to go to lunch. "Where are we going?"

"I was thinking we could go to Palao's for some Mexican food," Garcia told the younger genius.

They all agreed and started the short trek across the street to the Mexican restaurant they all enjoyed and were regulars. Sitting down Morgan looked towards Spencer with a glint in his eye they could all identify as the 'I-have-a-date-for-Spencer'. Reid groaned and put his head on the table.

"No Morgan."

"Oh come on you would like this one, she's a professor for Mythology at the university."

"No Morgan, I don't want anyone. I'm fine being by myself. What can't you understand about that?"

"Come on Pretty Boy, I told her about you and she would really like to get to know you. She's really interested in how you graduated so early and have so many PhDs."

"So she's only interested in my brain? No."

"Morgan leave him alone, you've made your argument. The answer is still no." Prentiss told the older agent.

"Okay, Baby Girl what are your plans this weekend?" And just like that, the conversation was turned towards Garcia and a new club.

Friday, May 26, Falcon Street

3:12 PM

Every afternoon Ryan would get out of school 45 minutes before her brother so she would walk to his school to pick him up so they could walk home together. This day was no different she had her best friend walking beside her like most days as they talked about how their first year of High School was finally over.

"Finally, I thought the year would never end!" Ryan told Alexis. "We didn't even have any classes together, besides Math."

"I know, this year was so stressful, hopefully, Sophmore would be easier, but at least Mrs. Jenkins put us together every time she moved us." Alexis laughed.

"And she never learned either." This time they laughed together. 

Finally making it to the elementary school they sat down on the benches and talked for the next twenty minutes until Jason was released. And when he was he came out screaming, but finally with Jason out of the school doors summer break had begun.

Friday, May 26, Reid Household

3:46 PM

The two Reid kids and 'adopted' Reid kid came through the front door talking about their summer plans. Morgan looked over to them all and smiled, the had 'adopted' in, adopted being used as a way to say they thought of her as their own, Alexis a long time ago. Ryan and Alexis had been best friends since first grade, two little sassy brats whose friendship grew up with them.

"Put your backpacks in the closet," the closet was where everything not being used at the moment went- snow clothes as an example, and they did so happily. Following the instructions, their mom gave them they went to sit in the kitchen for their snack. Each grabbing a bowl of popcorn they went to their respective rooms after giving their mom a hug.

Morgan smiled and thought to herself, 'And summer is here.'

Song: Secret Love Song by Little Mix

AN:/ I updated AGAIN! Kind of proud of myself haha. This chapter is just showing some more relationships between everybody and Morgan trying to get Reid to go on a date. I know I said this one would be longer, but I kinda want to put off the team meeting the Reid family just yet. And it kind of gives some looks into Alexis. I have added Alexis into the cast chapter. I kind of want a lot of stuff to go on during the summer which is why I'm time skipping a lot. I came up with some plans for characters. The GIF's I have decided will go in order one chapter Spencer next Morgan. Okay, Love you all. xx

Date Uploaded- Fri, Sept. 28, 2018

Date Edited- N/A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.9K 1.6K 35
Y/N has always known Emily, growing up together and bonding over shared trauma. Even going as far as going undercover for Interpol. After the 9 gruel...
35.5K 752 25
Y/n recently transferred to the BAU. She quickly became closer to a fellow agent than she ever thought possible. Will her past ruin her future, or wi...
60.4K 1.5K 16
- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌ Reid's sister, for most of her life's has always allowed her past to haunt and shape her future, but what's happens when her past...