The Princess of the Medji?!

By DanceOn1000

Juliette is the twin sister of Jonathan and the big sister of Evy. In a cave in Hamunaptra, she discovers a s... More

Chapter 1 The puzzle box
Chapter 2 In Jail
Chapter 4 The People know my second name?
Chapter 5 It's very dusty in the desert.
Chapter 6 (imagine a good name for this chapter)
Chapter 7 The guy of/from my dreams
Chapter 8 Imhotep
Chapter 9 No Control
Chapter 10 visiting the museum
Chapter 11 Great, my sister is the target
Chapter 12 Kissing to the bone
Chapter 13 Pretending to be Zombies
Chapter 14 'won't live through it? I wanna join!
Ohne Titel Teil15
Chapter 16 'It's locked or something'
Chapter 17 Death is only the beginning
Everyone kisses except Jonathan #4everalone

Chapter 3 On the boat

10.8K 220 14
By DanceOn1000

Juliette POV

Time skip 9:00 at the port

EVELYN: Do you really think he'll show up?

JONATHAN: Undoubtedly, I know the breed, he may be a cowboy, but his word is his word. And even if not, July will play her charm and he will come.

EVELYN: Personally, I think he's filthy, rude and a complete scoundrel. I don't like him one bit.

JULIETTE: Anyone we know? Anyways, Ladies and gentleman, may I present to you Rick O'Connell: showered, shaved, with a new hairstyle, and new clothes.

'Evelyn is suitably impressed.'

EVELYN: Oh .... um,...hello.

'Jonathan grabs O'Connell's arm and shakes his hand.'

JONATHAN: Smashing day for the start of an adventure, eh, O'Connell?

'O'Connell quickly checks his pockets. '

O'CONNELL: Yeah, sure, smashing.

'He finds his wallet and relaxes. Evelyn, recovering, she clears her throat'.

EVELYN: Mister O'Connell, can you look me in the eye, and guarantee me this is not some sort of flimflam? Because if it is, I'm warning you----

'O'Connell steps up close to Evelyn, invading her space looks her straight in the eye. Evelyn doesn't back away.'

O'CONNELL: Lady, let me put it this way my whole damn garrison believed in it so much, that without orders, we marched halfway across Libya and into Egypt to find that city. When we got there, all we found was sand and blood. Let me get your bags.

'O'Connell takes her bags and heads up the gangplank. Evelyn's eyes follow him, a bit wistfully. Jonathan sees it.

JONATHAN: Yes, yes, you're right, filthy, rude, a complete scoundrel, nothing to like there at all.

JULIETTE: Evy, never judge a book by its cover. 

'Evelyn gives them a look. Jonathan just grins. And that's when the warden suddenly appears.'

WARDEN: A good morning to all.

EVELYN: What are you doing here?

WARDEN: I'm here to protect my investment, thank you very much.

 'And up the plank he goes. Evelyn, July and Jonathan share a look.'

After all of us ate something and got our rooms, I took a walk over the deck. As I walk, I see Jonathan and the three Americans are playing poker. As I take a seat next to my brother, the Americans start to wolf whistle. 

BURNS: Are you going to join us, M'lady?

JULIETTE: If you let me.

DAVE: We are paying with real money, so I guess it is not a good idea for you to try to play.

JULIETTE: With what else do you expect me to play Poker with? Desert? (What you gonna do with that desert?)

DAVE: Well if you insist.

'Connell comes out a door carrying a GUNNY-SACK.

JONATHAN: Sit down, O'Connell, sit down, we could use another good player.

O'CONNELL: I only gamble with my life, never my money.

DANIELS: Never? What if I were to wager five hundred dollars says we get to Hamunaptra before you?

O'Connell returns Daniel's cocky look.

O'CONNELL: Yer on.

Burns slips on his dirty bifocals.

BURNS: What makes you so confident, sir?

O'CONNELL: What makes you?

Henderson spits a wad of chew into a spittoon.

HENDERSON: We got us a man who's actually been there

'O'Connell's poker face drops, perplexed. Same with Jonathan and Juliette'

JONATHAN: What a coincidence, why----

'O'Connell 'accidentally' hits him in the ribs with the gunny-sack, shutting him up. Jonathan quickly covers.'

JONATHAN: --whose deal is it? Is it my deal? I thought I just dealt?

After that one round, I wasn't allowed to play anymore, because everyone lost, against me. (When I was 10 I always played it with my father and without knowing anything, I always won.) Anyways, after that, I went to look after Evy.

EXT. BARGE - NIGHT

I and Evy are sitting at a table, me staring out over the passing river. Rick drops his gunny-sack onto the table, startling my sister. It was hilarious, you should have seen her face. But I just had to bite back my laugh.

O'CONNELL: Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya 

ELVELYN The only thing that scares me, Mister O'Connell, are your manners,

O'CONNELL: Still angry that I kissed ya, huh?

EVELYN: If you call that a kiss.

O'Connell reaches into the gunny-sack and starts pulling out many weapons.

 EVELYN: Did I miss something? Are we going into battle?

O'CONNELL: Lady, there's something out there. Something underneath that sand.

EVELYN: Yes, I'm hoping to find a certain artifact, a book, actually, our brother thinks there's treasure. What do you think is out there?

O'Connell looks into Evelyn's eyes.

O'CONNELL: In a word, Evil. The Tuaregs and the Bedouin believe that Hamunaptra is cursed,

EVELYN: Oh, look, I don't believe in fairy tales and hokum, Mister 0'Connell, but I do believe that one of the most famous books in history is buried out there. The Book Of Amun- Ra. It contains within it all the secret incantations of the old kingdom.It's what first interested me in Egypt as a child. It's why I came here, sort of a life's pursuit.

O'CONNELL And the fact that they say it's made out of pure gold, makes no nevermind to you, right?

Evelyn is surprised by his knowledge. 

EVELYN: You know your history.

O'CONNELL I know my treasure.

Evelyn gets up to go, then she hesitates, nervous, she turns back to O'Connell, and as matter-of-fact as possible says:

 EVELYN: By the way, ...why did you kiss me?

O'Connell, cleaning his guns, just shrugs his shoulders

O'CONNELL: I was about to be hanged, seemed like a good idea at the time.

Evelyn's eyes widen, furious, she turns and storms off. O'Connell looks up, watching her leave, a bit perplexed

O'CONNELL: What? .... What'd I say?

JULIETTE: I don't know, something nice or romantic, after all, that was her first kiss, something like:

I was about to be hanged, so I wanted the last thing I did, to be kissing a beautiful woman.

Then we hear someone snickering behind a few suitcases. 

Rick quickly reaches down, grabs that someone and lifts him up. It's Beni.

BENI: My very good friend! What a surprise

O'CONNELL: Why if it ain't my little buddy, Beni. I outta kill you.

O'Connell holds a gun to Beni's throat. Beni swallows hard, then tries to weasel his way out.

BENI: Think of my children

RICK: You don't have any children.

BENI: Someday I might.

I couldn't hold it any longer, it was hilarious.

RICK: Shut up! So you're the one leading the Americans, I shoulda figured. So what's the scam? You take them into the middle of the desert and then leave 'em to rot?

BENI: Unfortunately no, these Americans are smart, they pay me only half now, half when I get them back to Cairo, so I must go all the way.

O'Connell pulls the gun away. 

RICK: Them's the breaks, huh?

BENI: You never believed in Hamunaptra, O'Connell. Why are you going back?

'They look as they hear a noise. Evy is stroking camel in the horse paddock' 

O'CONNELL: You see that girl? She saved my neck.

BENI: You always did have more balls than brains.

Rick starts laughing and goes with Beni to the edge of the ship and says Goodbye Beni before throwing him off the boat. Beni splashes into the river. O'Connell takes his gunny-sack and starts walking off down the deck.

BENI(o.s) O'Connell!

And that's when we spot three sets of wet footprints coming up over the railing from the river and heading down the deck. Rick quickly looks around, immediately on the alert

RICK: Evelyn !!

'Rick comes storming into the room, with me behind him.'

JULIETTE: a Mumia! 

The Medji spins Evelyn around and holds her out in front of him. O'Connell looks at her.

'I spin around just as a window bursts open. A Mumia leans in. He tries to fire a gun, but before he can do that, I throw one of my knives at his neck, killing him instantly. Rick shoots at him again, to make sure he is dead and shoots a lantern in the room the kerosene inside bursts into flames at instant. Evy grabs the candle on the table and jams it over her shoulder into the eye of Captian Hook. He screeches in pain and lets her go. O'Connell grabs her and yanks her out of the flaming room. Rick pulls Evelyn down the hall, she tries to jerk free. 

EVELYN: The map! We need the map!

JULIETTE: Who cares about that stupid map?! You almost died.

O'CONNELL: Relax! I'm the map! 'taps his forehead' It's all up here.

EVELYN: Oh that's comforting.

Rick pulls her forward

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 377 21
Annabelle Cambell is a medical student with hopes of becoming a doctor one day. When she needs financial support to help pay for her medical school...
88.4K 2K 13
Aaliyah is Rick's sister, but she's not the average Rick sister's stories you normally read, she is also Medjai, born into one of the tribes and left...
63.3K 1.1K 13
Lucinda Carnahan is the sister of Evelyn Carnahan and Jonathan Carnahan. When her idiot-of-a-brother steals a puzzle box, she takes off on an adventu...
134K 2.4K 13
A mummy fanfiction Note: I don't own anything except my own characters :)