Scattered - Tangled series (O...

By MusicMyLife

Three overprotective, famous elder brothers? Check. Being Adopted? Check. Having a mysterious past? Check... More

INTRICATED - Tangled Series
Starting off
Back to be all alone
The disaster they call a Birthday Bash
Runaway sis
Blackmailer
Rebellious teen
Where is the good in goodbye?
Hours, Days, Weeks
Rumors?
Breathe
Gotta go back
Hurting so it won't hurt
Finding the truth
The face off
Damage Control
Sorry(s) and Song(s)
Serious Talks
Competition and Interrogation
More talking and Emergency landing
What happens in Paris
How could I forget?!
Early morning drama
Press Conference
Twitter Nation
Mondays...Enough said
Live Chat
And smile!
Gym Talks
Fashion Week
My lucky day- Not
Girl Talks
It's all about Being Human!
Fashion Designer to Interior Designer
Saturday Emergency
The pressure to be perfect
Blood Donation Drive
Nightmares Again
Fame Kills
McDonalds
The Unexpected
State of Attack
Following Orders
The Final Step
IMPORTANT NOTE!!!
CHARACTER PROFILES

So, we're cool?

1.5K 23 4
By MusicMyLife

ALISHA’S POV

I was lazing around with my brothers chatting on the most unimportant topics, when Salman’s phone chimed with a text and he smirked to himself. I had changed into jeans, a tank top and a shirt which I had left open.

“Now that you only need shoes, grab them and we’re going out.” He said, getting up and calling for Tyson to accompany us. I wondered what it was about. Maybe some movie thing? Shrugging I entered the walk in closet and walked to the shoe section. Picking up knee length boots with heels, and a clutch that matched the outfit, I walked out into the room. Grabbing my cards, cash and other stuff, I went out to see my brother waiting outside besides his white Bentley.

I hopped into the passenger seat, and the engine roared to life only with his voice. Technology. Tyson was in the backseat, sitting quietly.

“You know, I regret getting drunk and fighting at your party.” Salman said, not taking his eyes of the road which was unusually deserted.

“Yeah, I know.”I replied, placing a hand softly on his shoulder. His behavior still wasn’t justified to me, they were my guests; and his guests too, since he was the host. But then, the damage was done, and he did wish he could undo it.

“I don’t think stuff will get better between me and SRK. But, that doesn’t mean you guys shouldn’t hang out.”

“What…”                                          

“You and his kids are pretty close. Being in the spotlight, being in a competitive sport, being Cambridge students, you have a lot of similarities. I can see why you guys are good friends. So, you and Aryan shouldn’t drift away because his dad and your brother don’t get along. You are by no means our slaves. And, adults are stupid, you know.”

He completed his little speech and I realized how much I had missed him. Aryan was my age, and his sister was just three years younger to me. With both of them competing in Taekwondo on an international level, both being star kids and stuff, we did confide in each other. We knew what each of us went through. I obviously missed my brothers more, but now that everything was fine between us, I realized I needed to fix other relations too. I valued our friendship, and his parents and my brothers knew that. With the fight that had divided the show business industry into two, even we hadn’t spoken to each other. I was afraid he wouldn’t want to see my face after the drama that happened.

“Here we are.” He stopped infront of Barista, my favorite coffee shop in Mumbai. Tyson got down with me, and Salman winked at me before driving off. What was going on? He told me not to break our friendship, philosophical shit, left me at Barista, winked and left? Weird.

Whatever. It didn’t make sense, but I could grab some Mocha atleast. Walking into the café, the first person I saw was none other than Aryan. I grinned, but it disappeared instantly. What if it was just a coincidence? Our houses were nearby, and I knew he liked to grab coffee after practice. He probably hated me after the fight that happened between his dad my brother.

We stood there, staring at each other.

“I’m sorry.” I made an effort to start a conversation. Who knew if he actually wanted to talk to me too, but had the same thought process as me?

“I should be.” He shrugged, and hugged me. He was sweaty and stinky, but it felt good to be in a friendly embrace. We had known each other since childhood. We had learned to cycle together, his dad taught me some soccer and my brothers taught him some surfing. And he being a guy never had the girl drama going on. Maybe my dislike for drama was the reason majority of my friends were guys.

We walked over to one of the tables, and we ordered coffee with some sandwich. Awkward silence.

“So, um, you forgive me?” I asked hesitantly.

“The hell I do! Let’s face it, we both were wrong. If my dad and your brother fight, why the hell should we get influenced?” he banged the table and cursed under his breath. Bad day at practice, huh. I get grumpy or tired after a long day at practice, he gets short tempered and violent. Not towards humans but towards things, thankfully.

He was right. Even if entire India- of one point two billion people- was fighting over team SRK or team SK, we didn’t have to go separate ways. We were friends, and friendship needed something much worse to end.

“You got that weird lecture from your dad too?” I asked out of curiosity.

“Yup. He told me to wait inside patiently, and briefed me about how they two had a small conversation over text about us two missing each other’s company. They are still holding grudge against each other. But he said they weren’t enemies, but not friends anymore, too.”

“Good to know. The media has been spreading crazy rumors about them both wanting to kill each other.” I recalled a report I read about them being blood sworn enemies and shit. Melodramatic.

“Media. Do they have any brains? People change, relationships change. It’s normal, but the media has to blow it out of proportion.” See, short tempered? I was pretty sure someone stalked him to his training center and clicked snaps of him. He hates people sneaking in photos. Like absolutely hated it.

He sat in silence again as I took a sip of my Mocha.

“So dude, you are always on fire against China, or it was a special day?” apparently he was aware about our win against China. Oh great, just great.

“I’m a gymnast. We are supposed to be on fire every day.”

“Yeah. Same here. My body is so damn sore right now, you have no idea.”

“Oh I have a good idea, believe me.” I mumbled back and he chuckled.

“My ass of a coach decided it would be cool if he made us do two hundred crutches, make us run ten-twelve miles and then lift weights.”

“Ouch.”

“Yeah. It sucked.”

“You know, we have this new coach Dimitri?”

“Yep, the one who replaced that Trevor dude?”

“Yup. He made us clean all the mats. Like the elite team, cleaning the whole damn gym. Torture technique.”

“Oh geez. Please do me a favor and don’t let him meet my coach. If he picks up his style…don’t even want to imagine.”

We spoke about the most random stuff in the world for about an hour. It included his new school, and how he hadn’t been there due to nationals coming up in Taekwondo. About my school I hadn’t stepped in for more than a month. About his sister growing up too fast. Honestly, he was gonna be an overprotective brother, I was sure of it. Just like my brothers. Poor girl, I knew exactly how it is to have overprotective brothers. I had it worse- times three.

When the cheque arrived, we both tossed money and started to bicker.

“Hon, guys pay.”

“It wasn’t a date. I pay.”

“Date or no, guys have all the right in the world to pay.”

“Oh no, they don’t. Don’t argue with me, I’ll pay.”

“Don’t make me use my Taekwondo and shut you and then haul you over my shoulder. If you pay, I will do that.”

“Then I will kick your ass, gymnast style.”

“Whatever, you can’t fight the national champion.”

“Ofcourse I can. I’m the one who beat Jing Wei.”

“You don’t have a beam here.”

“Good, floor is my plus point.”

“One more word and I will never let you step inside this café.” Said the manager, his voice dominant over ours. We’d known him since years, he loved to pamper us. He’d give us free candies as kids, and sometimes chat with us. But now, he was dead serious.

“My treat.” He smiled, and we both snapped back instantly.

“No!”

“What is wrong with you? I hadn’t seen you guys in ages! I’m just happy to get my regular customers back. It’s. My. Treat.”

“No, it’s not.”

“I agree with him.”

Seeing no other option, we decided to go Dutch and pay fifty percent each. I didn’t really like the idea, I wanted to give Aryan a treat to celebrate my win and us finally being on talking terms again, but no way we were gonna accept the treat form the manager. Defeated, the manager hugged us goodbye, and handed us some chocolates. Ofcourse, he’d never let us go without giving us something.

“Oh geez, it’s raining.” I grimaced as we headed out. I hated anything dull and moist. And rains in Mumbai were long and boring. I loved heavy showers, but just drizzles were not my thing. With only one man with camera, we got into his car quickly. Tyson and Aryan’s bodyguard were in the front, while we both shared the backseat. He dropped me off at my place, and then went his own way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate it when me and my friends fight!! Pathetic! :'(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 290 43
Stranger Things S1-S4 "It's different" Lucas shrugged "you're different". "How so?" Delilah asked. "You're not a freak" he sighed. Delilah Byers ha...
27.5K 296 29
18 year old Natalia finally decides to go on a roadtrip with her bestfriends. It's the summer before college.. what's the worst that could happen? Wh...
488K 10.8K 52
Marcella Cecily Mariano was sheltered from the world all her life. Protected by her father and older brothers, but what happens when she finds about...
52.9K 995 68
"I'm just a 20 year old boy, not God." A time where a cold Mark becomes too pressured with everything around him until someone comes in his life to c...