Six Years [Leni Robredo x Rod...

By aminoassids

SIX YEARS - BOOK 1 President Rody Duterte and VP Leni Robredo agrees to pretend that they are together until... More

Prologue: The Agreement
Year 1: Yellow Rose
Year 1: One Petal Down
Year 1: First Dance
Year 1: Leni Meets Duterte Kids
Year 1: Digong meets Robredo Kids
Year 2: Her Boyfriend
Year 2: Can't Get Closer
Year 2: To Fall or to Not?
Year 2: Relationship Goals
Year 2: Intensifying Feelings
Year 2: Suyuin si Leni
Year 3: Happy Birthday Leni
Year 3: Christmas Eve (Explicit)
Year 3: Trapped, Caged and Barred
Year 3: No Other Options
Year 3: Against Her Will (Explicit)
Year 3: Where Kisses Lead To (Explicit)
Year 4: Is It a Happy Birthday?
Year 4: Scattered Beans
Year 4: Even More Messed Up
Year 4: I Can't Do this Alone
Year 5: Valentine's Party
Year 5: False Alarm
Year 5: Expecting Too Much
Year 5: Pasalamat ka Maganda ka
Year 5: Recurring Feelings
Year 5: In His Arms
Year 6: Save Me
Year 6: Am I Late?
Year 6: Can't Blame Love (Explicit)
Year 6: Bayan o Puso?
A Get Back to Reality

Year 6: Bad Angle

1.2K 39 32
By aminoassids

"Parang bumabalik." He chuckled when Bong caught him staring at Leni's photo on an old magazine. "Lakas ng tama mo, Digong." He jested.

It's already February 10, he recalled that he called out the cabinet members including Leni for a small gathering on 14 — Palace's Valentines buffet.

"Ligawan ko kaya ulit?" He chuckled to appear like he was saying it in jest despite that he was really considering it. Yasay passed by them as he headed to the meeting hall for his meeting.

"Anong meron?" He asked wondering why Bong and Digong seem to be talking something interesting and intriguing. Bong knew it was safe to tell Yasay about it. "Si Digong, sir. Liligawan daw si ano." He looked at Digong wondering if he should continue, Digong blushed.

"Sino? May nililigawan ka nang bago? Ilabas mo na yan sa 14!" He teased unaware of who he was going after. "Si ano—"

"Si Leni," Digong continued with a laugh that made his eyes chinky.

Yasay was shook to hear that he is considering of courting Leni again. "Talaga? Anong ihip ng hangin at biglang bumigay ka nanaman kay Leni?" He asked, he has always been rooting for the two of them.

"Subok lang." He clarified but he have so much hopes for it. "Di ba sila ni Quimbo?" Yasay asked upon hearing the two names being linked together recently. "Sabi ni mam magkaibigan lang daw sila." Bong corrected. Digong has been aware of Leni and Miro's friendship ever since, he knew she was telling the truth.

The Valentine's buffet was set up on Rizal Hall of Malacañang for the cabinet members and staffs to enjoy. Digong stayed at his office while waiting for the other guests — while waiting for Leni to come.

"Pupunta ba talaga si Leni?" He asked. "Yes, sir. Nagconfirm po si mam kaninang umaga." Bong replied. "Bili ka nga ng magandang bulaklak sa dangwa." He instructed Bong. "May red, white, yellow at blue na rose dapat. Gandahan mo ha!" He demanded. Bong nodded, he found Digong's efforts for Leni very sweet.

While Bong is out, Digong pulled a nice piece of stationary and wrote a little letter for Leni to put on the bouquet once Bong arrives back.

Yasay informed Digong about Leni's presence after a couple of minutes but he decided to stay at his office until Bong brings him the flowers he'll give to Leni. "Kasama niya si Joy at Miro." He added. "Sige, sige. Baba ako pagbalik ni Bong. May pinabili lang ako." Digong replied.

In less than an hour, Bong handed him the arranged bouquet of roses. He smiled as he looked at the beautifully arranged flowers, he could clearly imagine Leni's reaction when he hands it to her. He knew how appreciative she was, she always blush so hard when he gives her flowers way back before when they were still together, he couldn't wait to have a glimpse of her cheeks turning pink because of him again.

He walked down from his office and headed to the Rizal hall. He bumped into Perfecto as he was heading to the comfort room. He smiled at him upon seeing him hold a bouquet for Leni. He tapped his shoulder, "Make her happy again, Digong." He cheered for him. He replied with a smile full of hopes.

He peeked on the door and saw how everyone seems to be busy socializing with each other. He stood near the door and moved his sight around to look for Leni until she spotted her.

A smile grew on his lips as he laid his eyes on her. She was wearing a royal blue dress firmly grasping her body exposing her fine curves and edges, royal blue has been their favorite color, it was their couple's color.

He was about to head towards her but something stopped him from moving. He saw Miro approaching her, he decided to go on queue and waited for him to leave before he approaches her. He watched them from afar with the special bouquet for Leni on his hands.

He felt so excited to personally give it to her but all his bliss and thrill crashed down as he saw Miro kiss Leni with his own eyes. His limbs felt weak, a strong prickle dwelled on his chest while shivers traveled across his back. The bright smile on his lips faded away with the sight of her kissing someone else.

Huli na pala...

He continued staring but it broke him more to see her smiling as if she was blushing after the kiss. He looked away and turned around. He placed his hand holding the the bouquet down as he walked away from the hall — he decided not to give it anymore. His heart broke into pieces while heading back to his office.

"Digong—" the janitor's voice faded as he noticed the sadness in his eyes upon bumping into him. He forced a smile and saw the trash bags piled up on his cart. "Tatapon mo na ba mga yan?" Digong asked. "Oho, sir." He replied.

His heart ached as he recalled seeing the love of his life being with someone else, he glanced at the bouquet he was holding before he decided to hand it to the janitor to dispose it. "Sama mo na 'to." He stated, the janitor felt intrigued. "Itatapon na 'to, mayor? Sayang naman ang ganda oh." He asked.

He chuckled weakly, "Wala na yung pagbibigyan ko eh. Di naman dumating." He invented. "Ay, sayang naman. Sige ho, ser." He headed out.

"Oh, pano? Mauna na ako." Miro told Leni, she flashed a sly smile. "Alam ko namang magmomoment kayo ni Diggy loves mo mamaya." He teased making her blush, he leaned towards her and pressed his cheek against her. "Balitaan mo ako kung kayo na ulit ha?" He joked making her blush even more after the cheek kiss. "Ewan ko sa'yo pero ipagdasal mo na maging okay na kami lalo na't Valentines ngayon." Her cheeks turned flush with the thought of him. "Sige na, mauna na ako." He bid before he left. Leni watched him leave and looked the other way, she saw Digong turning back and walking away. She wondered where he was heading to, she didn't know he saw her, she thought he just passed by.

It was what happened earlier and Digong stood on an angle that made it appear like Miro and Leni kissed each other on the lips. She was blushing because Miro was teasing her to Rodrigo but because of his bad angle, it messed up his Valentine's Day.

After Miro left, Leni started to look around searching for Digong on the crowd but he doesn't seem to be around. When he entered the hall, he got occupied by the guests. She waited until he gets a bit loose from accommodating and entertaining them but she only had the chance when the guests started going home.

The people's count started to decrease, she glanced at Rodrigo from time to time to swiftly talk to him if given the chance. She was having a chit chat with the other guests when she saw him heading out.

Baka magcocomfort room. Pagbalik niya kausapin ko na siya.

She told herself and remained seated. She glanced at her watch and thought she has waited for too long. She excused herself from her friends and headed outside to check where Digong was but his location appeared like a puzzle to her.

"Excuse me, nasaan si pangulo?" She politely asked one of the guards. "Ay mam, nauna na ho." He answered making her stunned. "Umalis na?" She stuttered in disbelief that she missed the opportunity to talk to him on that special day. "Opo mam, biglaan po kaseng nagsabi na uuwi siya sa Davao ngayon." He replied.

"Hindi naman siya nagpaalam saamin. Gusto ko kase sana siyang makausap kaso busy siya kanina sa mga guests kaya hinintay ko munang mabawasan yung mga bisita." A weak smile appeared on her lips. "Kanina pa ba siya umalis?" She followed. "Mga ten minutes na rin siguro mam." He replied.

She immediately tried to call his number but it just kept ringing. She stood in front of the comfort rooms' aisle and bumped into Perfecto.

"Leni, hi." He greeted with a smile. "Hi, sec. Umalis na ba si Digong?" She asked but he was clueless if he did as he was busy assisting Cecile who started to feel ill in the middle of the gathering. "Hindi ko napansin. Si Cecile kase inaalalayan ko, sumama ang pakiramdam. Bakit?" He replied.

"Gusto ko kase sana siyang makausap kaso biglang nawala sa paningin ko." She confided. "Sabi nung isang guard nauna na daw." She added. "Oh? Hindi kayo nag-usap?" He asked, she shook her head.

"Nakita ko siya kaninang may hawak na flowers ha, may pagbibigyan yata kaya umalis agad." She guessed. "Flowers?" Yasay felt a bit puzzled. "Oo, ang ganda nga nung bouquet. Nakita ko kanina hawak niya." She added. "Bouquet? Hindi ba sayo yon?" He asked out of confusion. "Ay, hindi, sec." she chuckled.

His eyebrows furrowed, he can't be mistaken. "Nakasalubong ko siya kanina nung papasok siya ah. Binilihan ka niya ng bouquet, hindi ba niya binigay?" He asked. "Baka hindi para saakin yon. Wala naman siyang inaabot saakin." She retorted.

"Ganon? Ang alam ko para sa'yo yon. Nahilo na yata ako." He chuckled sounding so vexed. "Hindi po, wala naman akong natatanggap. Baka para sa iba yon." She insisted. Cecile went out of the comfort room.

"Hi, Leni." She greeted her. "Pano, Leni, we'll go ahead. Pagpapahingahin ko na muna si Cecile." He stated. "Sorry, masama ang pakiramdam ko." She backed up apologizing in his behalf.

"Ay sige, ingat kayo. Get well soon, Ces." She replied and watched them head out of the palace.

"Digong, tumatawag si mam Leni." Bong informed him while they were seated side by side on the car's backseat. "Hayaan mo na. Wag mo nalang sagutin." He instructed him and looked outside the window, he sighed heavily to ease out the pain on his chest.

"Sakit parin pala, tangína." He uttered in jest to conceal his sincere agony.

Leni stayed near the entrance door of the palace to get some good signal as she calls Digong but he wasn't picking up. While having a quick break from attempting to reach him out through a phone call, she saw the palace's janitor holding a nice bouquet of colored roses while fixing the trash bags on his cart.

"Ang ganda naman ng flowers na yan." She remarked randomly, the janitor chuckled. "Opo nga mam." He agreed. "Para kanino ba yan? Ang swerte naman ng makakatanggap niyan oh, very rare. Parang Philippine flag yung dating, may red, blue, yellow at white rose." She sounded so amused as she scrutinized the flower arrangement.

"Ay, hindi po ito saakin mam." He clarified. "Kanino?" She asked. "Kay Digong po ito." He replied taking her attention. "Kay pangulo?" She had to confirm. "Opo mam, sayang nga po pinapatapon nalang ni mayor." He validated.

"Bakit daw?" She asked and took the bouquet from his grip. "Wala na raw po kase yung pagbibigyan niya, hindi raw po dumating." He replied. It intrigued her to see an envelope inside the bouquet. "Para kanino po nakalagay mam?" The janitor peeked and was stunned with her as they read to who it was dedicated to.

Ma'am Leni

It says on the outside. "Para sainyo pala mam." He uttered in thrill and slight confusion. Her world stopped for a moment as she saw her name written on the envelope's back. She unfolded the letter and read what's inside, she knew it was Digong's hand writing.

I tried not to remember your smile.
I tried to think that you're far from me by more than a mile.
I tried not to miss holding your hand.
I tried to stop what I feel but to you is where I land.
I want to forget but no matter how much I try.
I can never ever say goodbye.

— Rodrigo

Her heart shattered into so many pieces as she read his self written poem for her.

The scene earlier flashed back to her starting from her seeing him turning back with the bouquet on his hand.

Bakit hindi niya binigay saakin?

She figured out the possible reason why, it might be because he saw Miro with her and he thought she was with him.

"Sir, tawag talaga ng tawag si mam." Bong insinuated his support for him to pick up the call but he was hurting so much that he started to become so cynical.

"Hindi na, Bong." His face slightly twitched in sync with the pain on his chest.

He had her image at the back of his head. He expected so much to happen that evening but it all went down. He raised his hopes so high and falling down broke him so hard.

Gago ka eh, akala mo magiging happy happy kayo ulit ni Leni dahil lang Valentines day eh hindi naman ikaw ang ka-Valentine niya.

He scolded himself, blamed himself for getting hurt.

Masaya na ang gaga sa iba, itigil mo na yang kakapangarap na maibabalik mo pa yung saya niyo noon. Gago.

He continued and looked blankly outside trying to ease off the agony she brought to him.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 771 17
Follow the story about political rivals - Bong Bong Marcos and Leni Robredo as they deal with the aftermath of their unexpected night together. #letl...
1.1K 51 8
Hoping for her father to come back home, Leni decided that it's best for her to start working in a rich family's home. Not expecting her future to be...
1.3K 75 8
Leonor, who's always been a mischievous daughter has never shared anyone anything until Ferdinand, her soon to be lover steps into her life.
12K 572 11
Aika Robredo x Female Reader One Shots DISCLAIMER: This is a work of pure fiction. Any semblance to works, names, places in real life are unintention...