Year 3: Happy Birthday Leni

Leni arrived at the palace for the cabinet meeting, despite that she didn't want to set any expectation, it bothered her to feel like nobody seem to remember that it was her birthday as nobody greeted her since she came up until the meeting was over. Hence, she didn't want to demand attention as well but it was inevitable for her to think that maybe something is wrong and it got her thinking all throughout the evening.

She headed downstairs towards the lobby of the palace to finally ride her van back to her condo unit when Bong suddenly stopped her. "Mam, balik daw po kayo sa meeting room. May follow up si, Digong." He informed her. "Ah? Ngayon na? Okay." She replied and walked back with Bong back to the meeting room wondering what could be Digong's follow up.

Bong opened the meeting room for her, it immediately bothered-surprised her to see the male cabinet members lined up with a stem of rose on their hand.

She cluelessly looked around searching for hints of what was happening, Digong was sitting in the middle of the meeting table alone smiling at her; watching her be all surprised.

The cabinet members began to give the stem of roses to her one by one; giving their own greeting as they handed it to her.

"Happy birthday, Leni."
"Ah, thank you po. Thank you."
"Happy birthday,"
"Thank you, sir."

They greeted personally. Next thing up, the female cabinet members handed her a cuddly bear that she found extremely adorable. "Oh my god, thank you po." She stated.

"Nako, doon ka magpasalamat." They discreetly pointed at Digong, Leni blushed.

Soon after, they began to sing her a happy birthday. After they sang, Bong escorted her towards Digong. He lighted up the cake he had for her and asked her to make a wish.

"Make a wish, mam." He told her. Leni closed her eyes and blew the candle.

They clapped after she blew it off. "Okay! Kainan na!" Andanar cheered bringing the hype to all of them.

Leni stood beside Digong and watched the members enjoy the meals.

After a moment, Digong found it so beautiful to see her sincerely smiling over the view of them having fun during her special day. "I hope you like it, mam." He stated, she looked at him.

"Sobra, sir. Thank you. Akala ko nga walang babati saakin kanina yun pala may ganito." She replied. "It was planned para surprise talaga mam." He spilled making it clearer for her why they were all acting cold on her earlier.

Leni resumed watching them loudly communicating; the enthusiasm clearly manifested on their voices. Suddenly, Digong patted his four fingers to the cake and wiped the icing on Leni's face.

She failed to dodge in surprise. The cabinet members began to get hooked upon seeing it. "Grabe, Digong ha!" Leni facetiously responded and immediately seek revenge by wiping icing on his face as well. "Uy!"

"Oy, sir nauna ka—" he chased her with his hand filled with icing. "Digong! Isa!" She warned him as she laughed. "Sige na mam, sweet ka naman." He joked. The cabinet members joined into the fun wiping each other with icing. Andanar helped Digong to attack Leni with the icing. "Martin— Digong— uy!" They were all playful.

"Digong sasampalin talaga kita—" she joked as she dodged his hand. He wiped his hand with the tissue and grabbed her on his side. "Hindi na mam. Hindi na nga. Promise." He chuckled and held her close. She had his hand on his back, he had his arm around her shoulder as they laughed together watching their playful cabinet friends.

Leni looked up to Digong, he returned a gaze. She tapped an icing on his nose. "Happy birthday to me," she giggled and turned to him face to face. He smiled as he wiped the icing off his nose.