The Guardian [FINISHED]

By HeyShayHey

Let's go on a journey as a young girl finds the truth about her mother. More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.

26.

1.3K 62 8
By HeyShayHey

Yara's POV 2017

Lately I've been in red carpet overload, and I'm pretty sure I'm about to go crazy! If I'm not working on Blackish, I'm spending my weekends catching up on homework and going to awards and work-related events. It's cool playing dress up but at some point it gets redundant & loses its excitement. I know in a couple of weeks my next show is the NAACP Image Awards & the cool thing is that it's the day after my 17th birthday!
~~~~
Few weeks later
Yara's birthday

My alarm clocked blared Chance the Rapper's Sunday Candy & I smiled really wide. Who smiles at 8am on a Friday? This birthday girl!Unfortunately I have work, though. We've actually been on hiatus at Blackish so today is just a table read to prepare for next week's filming.

I got up to shower and blasted my music throughout my room. After I put my shirt on, I recorded myself dancing to Lil Uzi Vert and uploaded it on Instagram. I chose my favorite American Eagle bomber to wear & looked to find my glasses.

Frustrated, I left out my room and went to my mom's. Mama Bey that is. Her place is way closer to set so I practically live here when I have to work.

"Ma....Ma!" I kept shaking her but she would not budge. Throwing water on her would be doing too much so I settled for music. She never locks her phone so I scrolled through Apple Music and randomly selected Shawty Lo's "They Know." In a past life I'm sure I'd be from Atlanta. That's why I seriously thinking about attending Spelman.

I went to her speakers to pair her Bluetooth and turned the volume all the way up. I pressed play and it felt like her entire room was booming.

"L-O, L-O, Dey Know...Shawty Lo I got flavor...." My mom shot up and looked pissed. She looked like she about to beat me. Oh well it's my birthday!

Beyoncé's POV

I'm peacefully sleeping and all of a sudden I hear loud ass music. Why the hell is my room booming with Shawty Lo. I look up and I see Yara dancing like a fool in front of me.

"YARA! What the hell! Turn that off." I yelled.

"C'mon! It's my birthday!" She kept dancing and then changed the music to Outkast Hey Ya! I shook my head and couldn't even be mad. I mean it is her 17th birthday.

"C'mon Ma. Dance with me!"

Her hair was flying all over the place. I took the covers from my body and ended up dancing with her. She ran out the room and came back with her phone. I already knew she was recording. I look a mess but I don't care.

"Shake it, shake it...shake it like a Polaroid picture!" I sang into the phone and turned it over once it got to our favorite part that mentions me. Yep, ya girl is mentioned in this song. I grabbed the phone from Yara and turned it to record her dancing.

"Now all Beyoncé's and Lucy Lu's...and baby girls, get on the floor, you know what to do." We kept dancing until the song ended and I realized she has work today.

"Yara you need to be at work!" I exclaimed. She's going to be late.

"I know but I came in here because I can't find my glasses." She said.

"You left them downstairs. Check the kitchen counter." She turned to leave. "Wait!" I bummed rushed her with kisses all over her face.

"Maaaaaaaa"

"Happy Birthday baby!"

"Thank you. You can let me go now." I shoved her and she laughed. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I should be up anyways because I have errands to run while Yara is at work. Also, I gotta pick up Adam from the airport.

She yelled that she was leaving and I stood at the top of the stairs to see her lock the door. I went to get dressed because me, Jenn, and Adam were surprising her with a dinner just with her friends. Of course we weren't staying but we still had to finalize somethings.

----
Yara's POV Day After

My birthday was AMAZING! My Blackish family sung happy birthday to me at work and we ate my favorite cupcakes during our table read.

I didn't ask for anything so it was a complete surprise when both family planned a birthday dinner just for my friends and I. I couldn't believe they had all my friends, and I'm sure they asked Marcus, my TV sibling for help with the list. So many gifts and birthday wishes were sent my way & I definitely felt the love.

Currently I'm getting ready for the NAACP Image Awards and I'm really excited. It's one of my favorite awards because it celebrates Black excellence.

"I think I wanna go live on Facebook real quick." I said randomly. Before anyone can say anything I went live.

"Hey y'all! What's up." I said into my phone. Already I had over 500 viewers.

"Thank you! I did have a great birthday I had dinner with friends.... I think my curls are poppin too, love your avi." I kept reading the comments and laughing. Some of them were too crazy to repeat.

"So y'all have any questions? Ask away." It took a few seconds and so many people had things to ask.

"I haven't decided what college I'm going to yet.....the only boyfriend I have right now is AP History.....yes I'm actually getting better at Spanish. My dad texts me in Spanish so I have no choice but to learn it or just use Google." I looked up to see my mom laughing.

"Y'all I have a special guest right before my eyes. She doesn't use social media, and yet she highkey stalks my page." I flipped the camera and it caught her rolling her eyes.

"Yara I do not stalk your page. Don't be lying to these people." She said.

"They asked what's your favorite movie of mine."

"Uhhhh probably Butter and Imagine That, but I can't really choose because I love them all."

"Awww good answer. Okay this one is a little deep. How does it feel being back in my life?" She smiled brightly at me, well really my phone.

"I feel grateful. It's like God gave me a second chance to be a mother again, and create an awesome relationship with my favorite 17 year old."

"I'm the only 17 year old you know."

"Anyways...it's time to finish getting dressed Yara."

"Looks like I gotta go guys. Watch the awards tonight on Tvone. Nice chatting with ya!" I ended the video and finished prepping for the Image Awards.

~~~~

I'm dressed in my outfit and ready to go. This dress is giving me Lemonade vibes and I'm so here for it! My dad is actually my date tonight, and I already know we're going to have fun. He flew in yesterday and he definitely surprised. He told me he couldn't make it, yet alone attend the awards. The only thing is I have to sit with my Blackish crew and he with his cast.

The first person who won an award in our crew was Tracee & we were so hype. Then Blackish won towards the middle of the show & finally Anthony, my TV dad. During commercial break, my TV siblings Miles and Marsalis wanted a picture with my dad so I took it for them.

Overall the night was incredible.

~~~~~~
Jennifer's POV

I'm back to LA from being in Vegas the past weekend and I'm tired! You know the feeling you get when you're about to take a bomb ass shower and nap? Yeah, that's me.

After I get a little bit of rest, I have to continue filming a new dance show called World of Dance. I went to Yara's room before my shower and saw her laying down watching tv.

"Hey Chunk. How was the awards?" I asked. I stood by her door.

"Hey Mommy. It was good. We won 6 awards total including from the pre-show." She said.

"That's great. What did you and your dad do afterwards." I asked.

"We went to the after party but it was kinda boring so he dropped me off here and I fell asleep." She said.

"Alright well I'll be in my room if you need me. If I'm not up by 3 please wake me up." I said.

"Alright."

~~~~~
Yara

After I woke my mom up for work I decided to write in my journal. I've never done that until I had those therapy sessions earlier last year. I just wanted to reflect on my life. Not to be mushy or anything but I always wondered what if I never found out Mommy wasn't my biological mother? What if BB never said anything about my dad? There's an entire side of family I missed for 16 years. It was already hard enough not getting alone that well with Mommy's relatives, which I now know why.

Why am I even crying right now? I should be happy. I mean, I am happy but I never really thought about what's happened in my life throughout the year and half. I sort of got more famous now that BB's my real mom and I didn't want that. My mom is famous, I mean it's freaking Jennifer Lopez, but I was always able to keep a low profile. Now I can hardly go places and I'm not cool with that. That's why I'm always home.

I wrote down all of my feelings, so many contradicting lines I wrote but I needed to do so. I still can't be hurt right? I already forgave everyone but reading my thoughts maybe I haven't really. I love my family too much to not let go of the past. I wrote some more until I got tired of being in my feelings.

What if.

Just what if Beyoncé actually raised me?

Would I even have Mommy in my life?

*****The End*****

Hopefully there's not a lot of typos but I had to give y'all this update! I hope y'all enjoyed this story & thank you to those who've actively commented, voted, and read the story! This was a favorite of mine & a sequel is in the works! In the meantime, check out my other stories!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

944K 39.9K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
196K 4.5K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
75.6K 1.7K 17
After 3 years of finally meeting her mother and spending time with her. She is finally forced to live with her due to the way the papers were organiz...
447K 3.4K 36
One shots about FIA F1 and F2 mainly. I don't do hardcore smut, and I don't really use Y/N. Requests are always welcome. Writing about ALL F1 drivers...