Abandoned with His Child {COM...

By Whenthedarkfalls

Imagine this. You are treated for once, generously by your client. You are hypnotised by him, though you know... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CHAPTER XX
CHAPTER XXI
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXIV
CHAPTER XXVI
CHAPTER XXVII
CHAPTER XXVIII
CHAPTER XXIX
CHAPTER XXX
CHAPTER XXXI
CHAPTER XXXII
CHAPTER XXXIII
CHAPTER XXXIV
CHAPTER XXXV
CHAPTER XXXVI
CHAPTER XXXVII
CHAPTER XXXVIII
EPILOGUE
NEWS
SNEAK-PEEK
NOTE

CHAPTER XXV

147K 5.7K 980
By Whenthedarkfalls

KATHERINE EVY JONES

Ace darling, I am back!

I assess the model from head to toe, she definitely isn't any model. I believe I have seen her pictures appear in almost every tabloid and magazine cover I have ever taken interest in. She is wearing a sleeveless T-shirt with a fluffy over coat. Her outfit is completed with the furry expensive Gucci purse and leather boots. She may as well be the epitome of perfection.

I look at Ace, confused as to what is happening.

His face is mirroring my confused expression, though there is recognition in his eyes. He knows her.

The model walks gracefully to us and stands in front of us. Then throwing her hair back, she kisses Ace's cheek, oblivious to his confusion. Then looking at me, she asks, "Ace honey, you are still taking your clients at this time of night?"

{ A/N: I am sorry but I forgot to mention that Cassandra and Richard- Ace's parents have taken Kyle on a short trip to the nearby fair} 

Jealousy churns inside of me when she starts massaging his shoulders. But he doesn't seem to feel it, his head is hung in...defeat. 

I mumble awkwardly, "Er... excuse me... but who are you?"

The model glances at me astonishingly. Then she throws her head back and giggles, like I said something funny. Trust me, even I am wondering what the fuck did I say to make her laugh. 

After realising that there is nothing funny, she stops and then asks, "Ace, who is she?"

She has an idea of who I am. This is her facade, anyone can see through her innocence. 

Ace gulps but doesn't answer her. Instead, he looks at me and opens his mouth to say something. I prepare myself for the worst, "Kathy, this is...my wife,"

***

His wife.

His motherfucking wife.

He is married.

Motherfucking married!

And he lied to me. 

I thought he had changed.

But no, he was just using me.

All this time, he was just using me. To get closer, to Kyle.

Well congratulations, he did! Kudos to him.

He lied to me.

He fucking didn't want anything to with me. 

But I let him!

It's like history repeating itself all over!

These thoughts flow through me, as I just sit there. I am frozen, it feels like time has too. Ace is looking at me, saying something... but I do not hear him. Nor will I ever.

This is what you get or giving people second chances, they come in your life and when everything is alright, they make it a roller coaster again!

The model is looking at me, there is rage inside her eyes. So strong and malevolent, that I can feel only that.

That, and the fresh feeling of betrayal.

Silent tears roll down my cheeks but I feel numb. I quickly wipe them, I cannot let her be satisfied. I hear the roll of a car. It must be Cassandra, Richard and Kyle, back from the fair.

True to my thoughts, the door opens and Kyle bustles in. Following him are Cassandra and Richard, both laughing. I get up silently. The room has fallen silent.

The only noise is that of my small strained gulps of air, I hadn't realised when had I stopped crying, or even started it for that matter. I look at Cassandra and Richard, there is sympathy and tears in Cassandra's eyes but boiling rage inside Richard's.

Kyle is looking between all of us, he is confused. Then slowly, he walks up to me and tugs at the sleeve of my pullover. I kneel down and come face to face with him. A pained expression descends on his face, he slowly uses his little fingers to wipe away my tears.

I get up and clear my throat. Then trying not to start crying again, I smile at Cassandra and Richard, "Thank you," I say to both of them.

Then without another word, I leave the room with Kyle running behind me. I quickly pace towards the front door gates and tell the guard, Mike, to call me a taxi.

He opens his mouth to ask something but closes it immediately, after I guess seeing my pallid face.

Their family car arrives instead of a taxi, but I tell Kyle to get in. As I am following him, I feel footsteps behind me.

I already know who it is.

I just wait there, wait for him to say something or call me or do anything. But all I hear is his fast breathing, as if he is having difficulty in it. Then finally, as if a whole century is passed, I feel his hand at my shoulder.

I turn around. His face mirrors my expression.

Broken.

Tear streaked.

Gaunt.

Pallid.

Defeated.

Lost.

"You used me," I whispered, not looking at him.

"I didn't," he whispered back hoarsely, "I-I-I just d-d-d-didn't know how to... expl-a-a-ain this to you,"

"You lied to me," I do not know why are we whispering.

"Kathy, I-I-I-"

"Ace you are not a good man. A good man would have spoken the truth, I would have understood," I would have never understood, I know why you lied to me... because you were afraid of losing me, "Only a coward hides behind deceit and lies,"

He releases huge amounts of air and finally his eyes meet mine, "Katherine, just let me exp-"

"You do not have a need to, Kingman. I do not need your explanations, why do I believe them?" I interrupt him in a stony voice.

Turning around, I proceed to get in the car but his whispered word stops me, "Stay,"

"Give me a reason to, Ace. This," I point in between us, helplessly, "is...was only based on lies. Lies that would get us nowhere! You could have hurt me with the truth Ace," The tears have started flowing again, but somehow I am continuing without stammering, "But instead you chose to comfort me with a lie,"

"Then tell me, why would I ever stay?" I literally lose every ounce of self control I have on the last word.

Sometimes I wish that I would stop talking and let him speak, let him explain.

But the truth is, it won't erase our problems, our fights. My life sucks. S.U.C.K.S!

I guess I have left him spell bound. His face betrays not a single emotion. I try to mirror him, but fail, outstandingly. 

Turning, I slide into the car and murmur him the address of a hotel. The driver starts the engine and steps on the accelerator. 

I look at Ace one final time. His hands in his pockets, his tear stricken face and dead expression and heavy unbearable  invisible guilt on his shoulders is what I see. 

My eyes slide to his house, Cassandra is crying on Richard's shoulder. Whereas, Richard's expression has only thing- disappointment. On whom, I have no idea off.

On the second floor room's window, is the mod...Ace's wife. A sly smirk on her face, she almost looks like Bathsheba Sherman from the Conjuring. {A/N: I pictured this as the scene when the bed sheet flies to the window and BOOM! Bathsheba is on the window in the mom's room. You know when Lorraine is folding clothes}

My eyes flick to the road ahead. I cannot erase the image of Richard's disappointed face.

Even I feel disappointed with Ace.

Disappointed that he didn't try harder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOOK I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS MUST BE THINKING AT THE LAST LINE:

DISAPPOINTED!? LADY YOU DIDN'T GIVE A CHANCE TO HIM TO EXPLAIN! or SHE IS AN ATTENTION SEEKING BITCH!? 

OR SHIT LIKE THAT, BUT THAT IS MY PROTAGONIST'S CHARACTER AND YOU CANNOT CHANGE THAT. EVER.

SO PLEASE DON'T PUT COMMENTS ON THAT.

ANYWAYS, TELL ME HOW YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER... IN UR COMMENTS AND VOTES!

PERSONALLY, I LOVED IT! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 19.3K 30
*This book is terrible, read at your own risk.* Womanizing playboy Sebastian Hayes was in a bind, his grandfather was requiring him to get married be...
1M 27.3K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
1.1M 32.2K 35
C O M P L E T E D "I love you" i said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "I have never loved you Mia , you were Just a quick Chick to fuck with." He...
4.7M 221K 72
When plain simple nerdy Emma Cole goes to Hollen Tower for an interview she quickly realizes she is out of her league. The women of Hollen Tower are...