Falling For You

By kariilee23

Liam's always there for Elena no matter what. When Elena goes back to school to be accused of something horri... More

Chapter One!
Chapter Two!
Chapter Three!
Chapter Four!
Chapter Five!
Chapter Six!
Chapter Seven!
Chapter Eight!
Chapter Nine!
Chapter Ten!
Chapter Eleven!
Chapter Twelve!
Chapter Fourteen!
Chapter Fifteen!
Chapter Sixteen!
Chapter Seventeen!
Chapter Eighteen!
Chapter Nineteen!
Chapter Twenty!
Chapter Twenty-One!
Chapter Twenty-Two!
Chapter Twenty-Three!
Chapter Twenty-Four!
Epilogue!

Chapter Thirteen!

13.1K 428 39
By kariilee23

Elena’s POV

 I was eating my cereal when my phone beeped.

 It was a text from Drew.

 Hey baby, do you wanna go out with me today? :)

 Yesterday ended with me falling asleep on my bed. Drew didn’t call me instead, he sent me a text that said good night.

 I quickly reply okay and he tells me to get ready in 30 minutes. Right after I finish eating, I jump out of my seat to take a shower and change.

 I tied my hair in a ponytail but it was still wet. I put on a while boy tank and some jean shorts.

 Drew rang the bell right on time. I put on my white converse and ran down to open the door.

 “Good morning” I said with a big grin on my face. Drew had his hair in a tousled way that looked really good on him. Instead on him saying good morning to me, he gave me a kiss on my lips.

 When he pulled apart, he took my hand in his and we walked outside.

 I walked towards his car but he pulled me back causing me to crash into his chest.  I stumbled a few steps and blushed looking down at the floor.

 “Elena, I want to walk today around the neighborhood today. Is it okay?” He asked looking at me in the eyes.

 “Okay.” I fell into step and walked side by side with him. About half an hour later which consisted of Drew making up funny stories about people he saw on the street, I recognized where we were. We were on Liam’s block.

 I sighed as thoughts started to unravel in my head. How did Liam and I get to where we were today? Did he start to realize that he was too good for me so he left me alone? I didn’t get it.

 I want to know what happened. He started to ignore me after we kissed. I want to know why he kissed me. Did he have feelings for me more than a friend? No. I shot that thought down. It’s impossible. He’s my best friend. I know he didn’t like me like that.

 After a few moments of thinking, I decided to give him a call tonight. I mean, that was a mistake. I won’t let a stupid kiss get in the way of me and my best friend. Yup, I’ll call him right after Drew leaves. For now, I’ll just enjoy my date. When Drew and I walked passed Liam’s house, I snuck a glance letting my eyes linger on his window. I peeked in his driveway where we used to always play games in since we were little and saw Liam playing basketball by himself. Gosh I missed my best friend. The thought slipped into my mind.

 He was half naked and my eyes focused on his muscular back. I didn’t have bad eyesight and even if he was a driveway down from me, I could still see his muscles moving and flexing as he ran and dunked the basketball. I mentally slapped myself when I became conscious of what I was doing. I was checking out my best friend on a date with my boyfriend. How messed up was I? I turned my sight away.

Drew’s POV

 Holy moly. Annie was right.

 My girlfriend was probably in love with someone else. That someone else was no one other than her best friend.

 I can’t believe I was so blind, so stupid. But I saw it coming and never accepted it. I was too stubborn to let myself come to realize this since I wanted Elena for myself.

 I was kind of mad at first that Elena hadn’t told me that she had feelings for her best friend but I couldn’t blame her. She doesn’t even know she was in love with her best friend.

 When we got passed by the front of Liam’s house, I saw Elena’s lingering glance at his house. She probably missed him a lot. It’s almost been a month since they talked to each other and they used to be together every single day. I feel like it was my fault. But I was going to fix that with Annie.

Yesterday

 I got to the park and five minutes later Annie showed up.

 “Hey.” It was weird talking to her since I hardly even talked to her before.

 “Okay I’m going to get straight to the point. Promise me you will think about this and not just lash out.”

 “Yeah…sure?” I said hesitantly. Where was she going with this?

 “I know you like Elena and everything but I have to tell you one thing. Liam. Is. In. Love. With. Her.”

 She said that nice and slow and it took me a few minutes to absorb this. “What?”

 “I said, Liam is-“

 “I know what you said, it’s just-”

 “I know what you mean but I think that Elena might have feelings for Liam too.”

 I clenched my fists. “Are you telling me that Elena is cheating on me?”  

 “No!” she cried with her hands waving. “You’re stupid. I’m saying that she has feelings for him but, she doesn’t know that she does.”

 “That doesn’t make sense.” I told her bluntly.

 “Yes it does. Haven’t you watched any movies?”

 “Movies are fake.” I stated.

 “Yeah but whatever. Answer my question. Are you in love with her?”

 Was I? I liked hanging out with Elena but I don’t think I was in love with her.  “No. I don’t think so.” I said reluctantly.

 Her eyes brightened which I thought couldn’t be possible since she seemed impossibly cheery for a normal person. “Okay good!”

 “Is this it? Because if it is, I’m going to go” I stood up. What was the point of coming anyway? To tell me that my girlfriend might be in love with someone and talking to a person who seemed way too happy about this?

 “Wait!”

 I turned around and waited.

 “Can you please please please? Help me get Liam and Elena together?” She gave me a puppy dog face.

 “What!?” I said giving her an incredulous look.

 “Liam deserves her! She loves him even though she doesn’t know it!”

 “Bro, you’re technically a stranger to me and you’re telling me to get my friend and my girlfriend together? Are you kidding me?” I felt my anger rise. This girl is crazy! Maybe she needs help.

 “Uh, didn’t you say that you just like her?”

 I took a deep breath in to calm myself. Where was this going? “I do like her! What’s your point again?”

 “You like Elena but Liam loves Drew. The keyword is love.”

 “I don’t think Elena likes Liam that way. Aren’t they best friends?”

 “You’re really stupid. Best friends can’t love each other?”

 I opened my mouth to say something back but thought for a second. What if she was right? I really liked Elena though. I don’t know if I wanted to let her go. I had waited for a long time just to ask her out and I’m sure Elena likes me.

 “But I thought Elena liked me.” I said glumly.

 Her eyes softened and finally, some excitement died down. “She does. She probably has a crush on you but I know that deep down, she loves Liam. Please Drew, it’s horrible to see Liam so upset. He’s such a great guy.”

 I sighed. She wasn’t going to give up. I opened my mouth to give her my response but Annie beat me to it.

 “Hey, I’m sorry if this is too much. I know you guys just got together and everything but it just hurts to see Liam upset.” Her eyes fell to the floor and her face portrayed a little girl who just accidently let their balloon go, losing it as it floated further and further away from her into the sky. What I mean was she looked sad.

 “You love him?” I knew that it was none of my business but hey, I’m a curious boy. Curious man I mean.

 Her eyes snapped up. “No.” She laughs like it’s the funniest thing ever. “He’s like a brother I never had.”

 My genius response was “Oh.” Was I being selfish? Deep down, I kind of knew Liam had feelings for Elena. I mean, who couldn’t like her. She was pretty, nice, caring and excuse me for my lack of sweet words but she’s hot. I made my decision. “Fine, I’ll help but I just need to see for myself if she does like him. I’ll test her first but if she doesn’t show me a sign of what you said was true then I’m just going to forget about this.”

 An ecstatic grin appeared on her face. “Okay. Thanks a lot! I’m going to go now but I’ll call you sometime tomorrow.” She gave me a wave.

 “Yeah.” I said watching as her figure disappeared from my sight. After an hour of thinking I walked back home, ate, took a shower, and slept.

Present Day

 I pulled myself out of the flashback and noticed that Elena and I were back at her house already. She probably guided me there while I was lost in my thoughts.

 “What’s wrong? You look distracted.” A smile stretched across her beautiful face. “Ah, the tables have turned Drew Andersen.”

 I smiled as I remembered that it was her being distracted yesterday. That’s what I liked about Elena. She was caring and made everything seem better but I had to let her go. Annie was right. Liam and Elena should have a chance of being together. She deserved Liam. I would probably get over the crush I had on her as time passes. I could get over a crush easily but getting over someone you love, it’s not hard to guess that it’s not easy.

 Now that I think about it, I finally realized the reason why Liam called me. He wanted to see if I liked Elena so he could give her up to me. I respected him for letting go of the person he loved since he thought Elena liked me more than him. The more I thought about this, the more clear it became that Elena might be in love with Liam. She was always happy around him. Ever since they stopped talking to each other, she wasn’t as happy. That certain gleam she had whenever she was around Liam was gone.

 “I told you that you’re distracted.” A voice broke through.

 I looked around me and screamed at myself for zoning out again. “I just remembered that I needed to go home to help my mom buy groceries. She’s working late tonight and we have no food at home.” I lied. My parents are out of town. They went on vacation to Florida since they wanted a break. I couldn’t go because they planned it last minute and I needed to watch the house now that I was older. We all knew that they just wanted to go on vacation without me. Those sneaky folks. I laughed internally at my own words. Sneaky folks. Sneaky folks. That’s funny.

There was another reason why I didn’t go though.

 “Do you want me to go with you?” Elena asked.

 “No, I’m fine. I’ll call you tomorrow?”

 She nodded and I kissed her on the cheek instead of her lips. If I had to let go, I would start now before I actually fell in love with her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, chapter thirteen on the thirteenth! Today is a great day. This isn't going to be a long note because I'm pretty tired. I got my One Direction, Up All Night Deluxe Album today! Whoopeeedooo! Did anyone else purchase it? Haha, purchase. I use big words to feel smarter. (Even though purchase isn't really a high vocabulary word.)

I saw this picture a long time ago and I think it says something like "You know you're a Wattpadder when you show off your new vocabulary to your friends." When I saw it, all I thought was, OMG, that's me! That's me!

Anyway, hope you liked chapter thirteen! It's not my favorite chapter but you find out what Annie was planning to do.

OneDirectionOneDirectionOneDirection3/13/12. I love today since I got my album<3 It's coolbeans. Coolcat. Haha.

I love to read so much, almost everytime I go to the library, I borrow like five books. Totally not exaggerating. I'm not being sarcastic. I borrowed six books today. Does anyone else do this other than me or am I not normal? Book addicted maybe? I think this was a pretty long note so I lied. ;/ Sorry! Alrighty, bye fellow readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 828 42
==Will SOON undergo Editing.== "Is this how you greet your old bestfriend?" "I d-don't even ha-have a friend, let alone a bestfriend who leaves me fo...
342K 9.5K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...
136K 4K 19
❝That's the thing about love. It isn't going to be easy, it isn't going to be smooth, but it's going to be worth it. Because sometimes you have to ta...