Chapter Nine!

Elena’s POV

I woke up and I was freezing! Usually, my mom would come to my room in the middle of the night to close the A.C. or at least lower it. But today, she wasn’t home so whoever was in the room, it would be like, hello! Welcome to ice world I hope you freeze to death.

I was going to get up when I felt someone’s arm around my waist. For a second, my heart jumped in my chest. I got scared that a stranger was sleeping in my bed but led out a sigh of relief when I remembered that Liam stayed over. His arms gave me warmth.

All that my brain thought was it is freezing and he’s super warm. I decide to snuggle into his arms, making myself feel comfortable. It felt nice to have his arms wrapped around me. I drifted off to sleep again in total comfortness, surrounded by Liam’s smell. It smelt good.

I woke up again and looked at the clock on the wall. It read 11:30 and I realized that it was time to wake up.

I turned my head around and saw a very cute looking guy aka my best friend. I’m sure my heart raced a hundred times faster and melted at the sight in front of me. Liam looked so handsome when he slept. I loved his messy brown hair. His hair looked so soft. Maybe I can touch it.

I was reaching for his hair when a voice in my head stopped me.

STOP IT ELENA!

What?

Don’t touch his hair.

Why not? It looks so soft and nice.

I know but what if he wakes up and sees you petting his head. He would think you’re a freak!

No he won’t. He’s my best friend. He already knows that I’m weird. Besides, I will just tell him that there was something in his hair.

And let him know that you were staring at him.

Oh. Fine.

Instead of reaching for his hair, I went to poke him in the arm.

Wow, I can’t believe I haven’t noticed how much muscles he had grown. He probably was working out more recently in the gym or something.

“Liam Liam Liam.” I said in a singing voice. “Wakeee upppp sleepy head! It’s almost twelve!”

“Hmmm?” He said while rubbing his eyes.

“Wake up before I kick you off the bed!”

“Lainey, can I get five more minutes. Pleaseee?” His eyes were still closed.

I gave in. “Fine.”

How can anyone refuse after he said please and called me the nickname that I secretly miss? He used to call me Lainey all the time and I told him not to since it sounded babyish so he stopped when we entered high school. Can anyone tell me what I was thinking? When he stopped calling me Lainey, I missed it so much. But my pride wasn’t allowing me to beg him so he can call me it again.

Five minutes later, I started poking him again specifically in the biceps.

“Liammm! Wakeee uppp!” I said while attempting so drag him off the bed. It was no use though, he was too heavy.

“Fine I’ll wake up.”

He got up from the bed and I was shocked to see his new abs. Well, they might not be new but I haven’t noticed them before. But how could I notice when he never strips in public and plus, we haven’t been swimming since last summer.