I'm only Mariana.(TVD-Fanfict...

By BrookeGarton

Yes this is the third book of the 'I'm Mariana Gilbert' TRILOGY!!! Mariana has hit a cement wall. She has gon... More

All Words Following Because
I'd Leave My Home But Not Under Many Circumstances
I'll Stand By You Until The Sun Stops Shining
You'll Be In My Thoughts. Always.
Day One of Many More
Never Be Alone
Innocent
I Carry You With Me
Living Through You
Out With The Dogs
Mother Dearest
Hold Me or Kill Me
Colder Than Ice
Things We Lost in the Fire
Goodbye Postcards
A Woman's Work
Moonlight Upon Your Lips
For you were my everything
Where do we go?
Into the woods
One way or another
Somebody that I used to Love
Kill 'em all.
For a Dream
Monsters in real life
Hello, Lover
A Different Day, A Different Week.
Worth My Time
Misery Is A Road Less Traveled
Come Home
Demanding times
If Only It Were You
History and Attachments
Near but Far
Here and Now
Yin & Yang
Caught Up in Your Lies
Keep on Going
Wedding Bells
Forever
And Always . . .

The Inevitable

1.4K 45 2
By BrookeGarton

I missed Thursday again 😅 Here you go

Damon rang Bonnie on his phone as he was driving as fast as he could. "Come on, Bonnie." Damon stated as her phone rang six times before she picked up and I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard her sniffling. "Bonnie, hey." Damon stated before silence came and he sighed. "Bonnie!" Damon said loudly before Bonnie erupted into sobs and I widened my eyes and grabbed the phone, taking it off of speaker.

"Bonnie? Hey, what's wrong?" I asked gently and worriedly. "Is Elena still alive?" I asked confused and Bonnie became silent and I slowly shook my head. "Bonnie, talk to me-" I started before she cut me off.

"She's okay." Bonnie stated roughly and Damon furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Elena's okay." Bonnie whispered and I slowly shook my head.

"Well, those aren't tears of joy, Bon. What is wrong?" Damon asked grabbing the phone before he put it on speaker again and I slowly shook my head as she went silent.

"What did Stefan do?" I asked and Damon furrowed his eyebrows at me confused.

"He's gone." Bonnie whispered through the phone as she sobbed. "Enzo's gone." She added and I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly shook my head.

"What?" Damon asked looking between me and back at the phone in his hand.

"He's dead." Bonnie stated and I froze. "Your brother killed him." Bonnie emotionlessly added and Damon took a deep breath.

"Listen to me, Bonnie, we're on our way, okay?" Damon asked and Bonnie scoffed and sniffles through the phone.

"No! Stay away. Stay away from me." Bonnie stated angrily and I grabbed the phone from Damon.

"No. Not until we know that you're safe." I replied shaking my head at her. "We'll deal with Stefan." I added as Damon clutched the steering wheel tightly and his knuckles turned white before Bonnie let out a small chuckle.

"I already did." Bonnie replied and I furrowed my eyebrows as Damon looked at me.

"What do you mean?" Damon asked turning back towards the road.

"I gave him the cure. He's human now." Bonnie stated and I slowly shook my head as Damon and I looked at each other with worry on our faces.
~~~~

I walked into the living-room and saw Damon standing in front of the fire place with a glass in his hand that used to be full of bourbon before he crushed it and glass pierced his skin. I vamped towards him as he let the remaining pieces fall to the floor and I sighed down at his wound that was already healing. "Damon." I whispered looking at him before shaking my head as he didn't look at me. I started taking the small pierces of glass out of his hand before his phone rang and he grabbed it with his other hand and answered.

"He hasn't come back." Damon stated emotionless and looked at me as I cleaned his hand.

"That's because he's on his way to Rockland County Police Department. He's been arrested." Caroline stated on the other side and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Okay, that's good." Damon replied and I sighed at him and kissed his palm gently after I got the glass out and it healed properly.

"In what world is that good?" Caroline asked annoyed on the other side of the phone.

"One where Stefan's human. His emotions are back. The memories of every drop of blood he's ever spilled are going to be doing a square dance in his head. It's best he's not alone right now." Damon stated and looked at me before he slowly sighed. "I'll meet you there." Damon added before I grabbed the phone from him.

"Have you talked to Bonnie?" I asked and turned away from Damon slowly as Caroline slowly sighed into the phone.

"I've left so many messages. She just won't answer her phone-I don't get it." Caroline replied and I slowly nodded.

"Sure you do." I whispered looking at the fire in front of me. "Think about it.. Can you blame her?" I asked as my eyes glazed over before I cleared my throat, shaking it off and I turned to Damon. "We'll call you when we're close." I added before hanging up and handing him the phone back. I narrowed my eyes behind Damon before I gasped at the figure sitting in the chair that was in the corner of the room and Damon quickly turned around to see Cade.

"Forgive me. I just came to offer my condolences. I'm.. sorry for your loss." Cade stated with grief in his voice and Damon scoffed.

"I doubt that. Seeing you're the reason Enzo's dead." Damon replied angrily and I folded my arms over my chest.

"I was referring to your brother." Cade replied and Damon rolled his eyes. "Our deal was for two immortal souls. Your friends found a loophole when they made Stefan human, rendering our agreement null and void. You and your brother are now free." Cade stated shrugging and I furrowed my eyebrows as Damon narrowed his eyes.

"Well, if you're making house calls, I'm guessing it's not that easy." Damon stated emotionless as he walked towards Cade.

"While you remain immortal, Stefan does not. Which means that I am able to end his life and recall his soul to the fiery pits of my world whenever I choose." Cade stated with an evil smirk and I clenched my jaw at him. "I'm thinking he should die at midnight." Cade said smirking and Damon slowly shook his head.

"And the fact that you're waiting tells me you want something more than Stefan." I stated and Cade looked passed Damon to me and chuckled a bit.

"In fact, there is." Cade replied before he stood and walked towards Damon and I and sighed. "I've taken an interest in local history. There's an eighteen century journal written by Ethan Maxwell. I believe your friend, the occult studies professor, has come into possession of it." Cade stated and Damon scoffed at him.

"That what you want? Hmm? A dusty old book?" Damon asked angrily at Cade who smirked.

"It's a small price to pay to allow Stefan to live out the remainder of his human life, before he returns to me." Cade stated smirking before his face became serious. "Do we have a deal?" Cade asked eyeing Damon who looked back at me wanting my answer but I just stared at Cade before I looked at Damon. We both looked back at Cade but he was gone.

"You call Caroline." I stated nodding at Damon and pulling out my phone as I dialed a number.

"Who are you calling?" Damon asked me and I slowly sighed looking up at him as I pressed call and put the phone to my ear.

"Bonnie's mom.. If anyone can talk to Bonnie.. It's her." I whispered and slowly sighed. "I might have turned her.. But this is a lot bigger than her feelings about me." I added and Damon nodded in agreement before we both walked towards the door.
~~~

Damon and I walked quietly into the Armory before we saw Dorian, Matt and Alaric in the main room and Ric got up from the desk he sat at and turned towards us as Damon and I stopped.

"What are you doing here?" Alaric asked narrowing his eyes mainly at Damon and I sighed looking at Ric.

"We need to borrow a book. The Maxwell family tell-all." I stated looking behind Ric to see Matt and Dorian who was holding a journal of some kind.

"I'm guessing it's been out of print for awhile." Damon added smirking and I sighed at him as Dorian got up and stood next to Ric as he held an old ass book.

"You mean this?" Dorian asked holding the journal and I eyed him.

"Convenient. And yes." I replied and looked back at Alaric before Matt walked towards us.

"Why are you so interested in my family tree all of a sudden?" Matt asked looking mainly at Damon. Again.

"Haven't been able to sleep lately and I thought that would do the trick." Damon replied smirking and I sighed elbowing him in the rib gently but also not so much.

"Why are you looking through it?" I asked looking between the three of them.

"Well, Matt has been getting visions because of that journal. And then you show up looking for it. Coincidence? I think not." Ric stated looking back at Damon and I groaned in annoyance and stood in front of Damon and everyone else.

"We have about six hours and change until Cade takes Stefan's life. Unless we give him that book." I stated narrowing my eyes at Dorian.

"What's he want with it?" Dorian asked raising his eyebrow and I looked back at Ric who was eyeing Damon skeptically.

"We don't know. But if it saves Stefan's life, I don't care." Damon stated walking towards Dorian before Ric stepped in front of him.

"Sorry. You don't give the devil what he wants if you don't know why he wants it." Ric replied and Damon sighed.

"I'm sorry too, old buddy-" Damon started before I cut him off.

"Damon." I warned but Damon didn't listen.

"Stefan is in this mess because of me, so you're going to have to kill me, again, if you want to stop me." Damon added and I clenched my jaw as he walked towards Ric who slowly nodded.

"Fine. Have it your way." Ric replied nodding and moving out of the way for Damon to pass. Damon walked passed him and in front of Dorian before Ric grabbed a syringe from his coat pocket and stabbed it into Damon's neck and I sighed in annoyance as Damon quickly fell to the floor face down.

-Time Skip-

Dorian, Ric and I stood in a small room as Matt laid in a bed and Dorian started hooking him up to a machine that detects heart rate. "The clock is ticking on Stefan's life but by all means, let's give Donovan a physical." Damon stated in annoyance from the cell next to the room and I watched him through the clear glass next to me and I sighed.

"Well, if we can just figure out why the journals so important to Cade, maybe we can figure out how to stop him." Ric replied turning to Damon and I looked back at Matt. "After that, it's all yours." Ric added and I looked back at him and Damon.

"Oh, yeah? How's your little science experiment going to do that, huh?" Damon asked in annoyance and I rose my eyebrow.

"Were going to trigger Matt's visions by enduring a hypnotic state." I replied and looking at Matt. "If we're lucky, the answers in his head." I added and Damon scoffed.

"That'd be a first." Damon added and I rolled my eyes at him. "Now, why in the hell is my girl on the other side of this glass while I'm in here?" Damon asked eyeing me and I smirked at him and walked towards the glass.

"Probably because when I told you to 'play nice' before we got here, you refused to listen. And because I don't think that Ric.. is incredibly fond of you being around the girl, he looks at as one of his own." I added and Damon rolled his eyes at me.

"The sedative should be kicking in." Ric stated from next to Matt's side. "How are you feeling?" He added as he looked down at Matt and I looked at them.

"Like I'm on the back half of a twelve pack." Matt replied and I smirked at him and Ric nodded folding his arms over his chest.

"That's good." Ric replied nodding before he leaned over Matt as a metronome sat at the end of Matt's feet. "I want you to focus on the metronome." Ric said as he let it tick. "And listen to the sound of my voice." Ric added and I leant on the glass and watched Matt carefully. "I want you to close your eyes and relax." He said calmly before mad did and Alaric slowly nodded. "Now I'm gonna lead you down a long path. This may take awhile." Ric added before Matt flung his head back onto the pillow and became unconscious to us all.

"Or.. we can just dive right in?" I asked looking at Ric who rose his eyebrow at me also before Ric stopped the metronome.

"Okay, Matt. Picture yourself there and tell me what you see." Ric stated calmly and I saw Matt's eyes wander from under his eyelids.

"The bell." Matt stated consciously. "Maxwell's journal." He added as he started sweating as he breathed heavily. "It's the old house where the witches burned. But it's not old, it looks like it's brand new. Ethan is there with a Bennett witch. Bea, they're together." Matt said confused and I furrowed my eyebrows at him as he gasped. "It's Sybil, she's here.. she wants Ethan to come with her." Matt stated and I looked at Ric who was eyeing Matt with confusion and wonder. "He can't resist her." Matt added shaking his head as he laid in the bed. I looked at Dorian who wrote down every word Matt was saying in the book he had in his hand. The machine that was strapped up to Matt was beating steadily but he was breathing hard. "We're in the caves. There's a door." Matt stated looking around confused. "It's the room where you found the journal." Matt said referring to Ric. "It's full of the sirens treasures. There's tools and weapons. Silene's there too. She has the tuning fork. They're forcing Ethan to add it to the bell." Matt said confused and I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him before Damon slammed on the glass behind me, making me jump and look at him.

"Come on! Cut to the chase. Where's the smoking gun in the story, huh? Why's the journal so important?" Damon asked looking at Matt.

"Hey, listen. He can't control what he's seeing, Damon." I stated calming him down as he looked at me before the machine hooked up to Matt started beating faster and I looked back at Matt.

"The witches are gathering for the ringing of the bell. Ethan can't warn Bea because he's been sired not to tell her." Matt stated looking around frantically. "Bea asked him what the woman wanted from him but he can't tell her.. He-he encoded a message for her." Matt stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "He can't stop himself. He's been sired to ring the bell and destroy the town." Matt said talking quickly and I looked at Ric who was staring at Matt. "One. Two. Three. Four-" Matt said stopping himself as he shook his head. "They're trying to stop it." Matt said and I looked back at him as his breathing increased more. "Twelve." Matt said loudly before he groaned loudly and put a hand on his chest and I widened my eyes as his stats dropped. Ric grabbed Matt and shook him trying to wake him.

"We got to bring him out, he can't take much more." Dorian stated frantically and I clenched my fists in worry at Matt.

"Matt? Matt?" Ric asked shaking Matt as he groaned and strained in the bed. "Matt, come on. Matt! Matt!" Alaric said before Matt gasped and I furrowed my eyebrows as he didn't wake up.

"The witches are trying to hold back the flames and save the town." Matt stated groaning as his body was still under stress. "They're dying. Sacrificing themselves to stop the fire." Matt added in pain as he was still clutching his chest.

"Ric, I think he's having a heart attack." I stated walking to the other side of Matt across from Ric. "He needs my blood." I stated looking up at Ric for confirmation as we stared at each other before the heart monitor flat lined and Ric nodded at me.

"Will that work?" Dorian asked as I bit my wrist before I put it to Matt's mouth and he drank it quickly.

"If it repairs the heart in time." Ric replied worriedly and I stepped back away from Matt and sighed in relief once the heart monitor rose and was beating steadily again. I looked back at Damon as he was still behind the glass and I rolled my eyes and looked at Ric.

"For gods sake. Let him out of there." I said in annoyance and Ric looked at Damon before at me. He sighed in annoyance before opening the metal door that Damon was behind and I nodded and looked back at Matt.

"Beatrice." Matt whispered and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Beatrice has a plan to stop the sirens." Matt added and we all froze waiting. "Beatrice trapped the sirens in the caves.. They sired Ethan to kill Beatrice and she trapped him in the room where we found his bones." Matt whispered and I slowly shook my head. "Ethan cannot tell Bea how to kill the devil. He cannot say.. He's trying to tell her the only way he can." Matt added before he gasped waking up and I looked at him worriedly as he sat up with blood around his mouth as he breathed heavily and looked around at all of us. "It's in the journal." Matt stated and we all looked at the end of the bed where the journal was laying only to see it gone.

"Where it is?" I asked confused before I looked up and clenched my jaw. "Where the hell is Damon?" I added angrily and looked at Ric who narrowed his eyes at me. "Yeah, yeah. I'm grounded. I got it." I sarcastically said in annoyance before I vamped out of the room quickly.
~~~~

I walked up the steps of the Boarding House about to walk in before I heard voices inside and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I just-I just wanted to thank you for saving my life." Stefan's voice stated and I slowly leant against the brick wall next to me.

"Oh, that? I do that 'cause it's Tuesday." Damon replied and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Still.. gave me the chance to undo all the damage that I've done." Stefan said with sorrow in his voice and I looked at the ground.

"Yeah.. I've got some undoing of my own to do." Damon stated and Stefan slowly sighed.

"Do you think that there's a chance for us?" Stefan asked and I rose my eyebrow at him. "For redemption?" Stefan asked and I furrowed my eyebrows and listened for Damon's reply as the house became silent.

"Absolutely." Damon whispered and I took a deep breath and nodded before I walked in the house and both brothers turned to me and I looked at Stefan's stomach to see blood on his shirt and I slowly nodded.

"Less than fourteen hours of being human and you've already gotten stitches?" I asked rolling my eyes and he smiled at me and nodded looking down. "Well?" I asked and he looked up at me furrowing his eyebrows. "Redemption isn't gonna find you unless you go get it first. So?" I asked gesturing towards the door and Stefan chuckled a bit before nodding and walked towards me.

"Nice to see you too, Mar." Stefan said and I sighed before I nodded and put my hand on his shoulder as he passed me and squeezed it before he walked out the door and I looked back at Damon and narrowed my eyes.

"What now?" Damon asked and I scoffed at him and gestured towards the door.

"Like you said. You still have some undoing of damage that you've done." I stated folding my arms over my chest and he vamped towards me before putting my face in his hands and softly kissing my forehead.

"What would I do without you?" Damon whispered as he pulled away and I rolled my eyes, pushed him off and walked towards the door and out onto the porch with Damon behind me.

"Well, hopefully, you would learn to shut a door." I stated and waved my hand before I shut the front door behind us.
~~~

Damon and I walked into the Armory again as Dorian walked out and narrowed his eyes at Damon and I sighed and saw Ric eyeing Damon with the same look. "Do you have any idea what you've done?" Alaric asked angrily at Damon and folding his arms over his chest.

"Yeah." Damon replied emotionless and I sighed at him. "I saved my brother, Ric. No apologies." Damon added walking towards Ric and Ric scoffed at him. "He's human. And if I'm lucky, I have about eighty and then some years to make peace with the fact that he's gonna die one day." Damon stated now standing in front of Ric as I still stood by the door. "All I could do was make sure that day wasn't today." Damon added and I smiled a bit and tilted my head at him and Ric.

"Why do you only seem to care about loss when it's your own?" Ric replied and I sighed looking away.

"Because-say it with me, Ric,-I'm selfish-" Damon started before Ric cut him off.

"You have absolutely no idea how important that journal was!" Ric stated angrily and I furrowed my eyebrows at him. He looked passed Damon and at me before taking a deep breath and calming down.

"I'm gonna take a shot and say that it was an instruction manual to kill Cade." Damon replied sarcastically and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, so you knew. And you gave it to him anyway." Ric replied angrily and I eyed him in annoyance.

"Yup. Because he knows how it ends." I stated and Ric furrowed his eyebrows at me before he looked at Damon who sighed and patted Ric on the shoulder.

"Grab your blindfold and your headphones." Damon added and looked back at me and I smiled and walked towards him. He grabbed my hand and led us back into the dungeon where Ethan Maxwell died and Alaric followed us. "Sybil did sure love to hear herself talk." Damon stated as we walked into the dungeon and I rose my eyebrow as Damon and I parted and I looked at all of the treasures that Ric restored. "But in all of that blathering, she did mention that she had an insurance policy against Cade." Damon stated and Ric and I turned to him as he smirked and looked at the table of artifacts before he rose his eyebrow at a weird looking knife. "I'm betting this is it." Damon added and Ric sighed at him.

"Oh, yeah? How sure are you?" Ric asked uninterested and Damon shrugged.

"60/40. But a relic of Cade's creation that is means to destroy?" Damon asked looking up at Ric and I. "Now, that has a certain poetry to it." Damon added and Ric extended his hand and tried to grab the knife but Damon pulled it away from him. "Ah, now admit it." Damon said eyeing Ric before he smirked. "I did pretty good." Damon added and I rolled my eyes at him as did Ric before Damon gave Ric the knife and nodded as he looked around the cave. "Now, you got to have a bottle of bourbon around here somewhere. So, I say we grab that, exchange a few half-ass apologies for all of the crappy things we've done to each other..." Damon said looking at Ric as I fiddled around with a few golden cups that sat on shelves next to me. "And make a plan to kill the devil?" Damon added as I rose my eyebrow at a cup in my hand before I sighed and put it back.

"Yeah, sorry to interrupt.. But what if I told you I had a better plan?" Another voice stated and I narrowed my eyes at the voice before I took a deep breath and slowly shook my head.

"Please.. let him look the same way I left him." I whispered closing my eyes and turning. "Please let him be headless." I said before I opened my eyes only to see Kai and he smirked at me and waved his fingers. I took a deep breath and clenched my fists as I felt my eyes change angrily. "Well. He's not headless yet." I angrily said clenching my jaw and Kai widened his eyes at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 7.5K 167
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
179K 1.4K 53
Sa muling pagkakataon subaybayan natin si Jude sa Malibog nyang kwento.At ang nga masasaya,malulungkot at nakakaiyak nyang karanasan. This story c...
140K 7.5K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
170K 1K 188
Mature content