California Love

staywithme_always

When Katniss and her sister Prim move to California after their parents died, the last thing Katniss expects... Еще

California Love
Chapter 1: Moving to California
Chapter 2: The Hob
Book trailer
Chapter 3: Katniss' Horrific Past
Chapter 4: Shopping Centre Disaster
Chapter 5: Drowning
Chapter 6: Die like Romeo and Juliet?
Chapter 7: You Saved Me
Chapter 8: Was I too late?
Chapter 9: Beach date
Chapter 10: Secrets
Chapter 11: Kitchen disaster
AN: the real preview!!!
Chapter 12: Finding Out
Chapter 13: Hourglass of Death
Chapter 14: Swan Lake
Chapter 15: Over Excited
Chapter 17: Dark Streets
Chapter 18: Phone Call
Chapter 19: Can't Hold On
Chapter 20: Stars Are So Far Away
Chapter 21: I'm Sorry
Chapter 22: I Can't Lose You
Chapter 23: Hospital
Chapter 24: Cravings
Chapter 25: Breakdown
Chapter 26: Taken
Chapter 27: Goodbye
CHAPTER PREVIEW (CH 28)
Chapter 28: The Power of Love
Chapter 29: Evening Falls
Chapter 30: The Fight
Chapter 31: Jealousy
Chapter 32: 3 Months and Pregnant
Chapter 33: To Australia
Chapter 34: Prim's Return
Chapter 35: Me & My Broken Heart
Chapter 36: Mrs Mellark's Call
Chapter 37: A Big Ocean
Chapter 38: Heart Shattering
Chapter 39: Next To You
Chapter 40: Waking Up
Chapter 41: Eloping
Chapter 42: It's Time
Chapter 43: The Baby
Chapter 44: Forever and Ever
Chapter 45: Six Years Later
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 16: I'll Stand By You

6.8K 128 100
staywithme_always

I wake up and the other side of the bed is cold. I roll out of bed and pull on a pair of sweatpants and go to walk down the stairs but I'm so tired that my foot catches on the top step and I go tumbling down to the bottom of the stairs. I let out a groan and raise my hand to my head as I lay on the floor.

"What was that?" I hear Rye ask. I hear footsteps and then a gasp. Annie, I think. "Peeta!" She calls.

I hear more footsteps, "Katniss!" I feel hands slide under me and pick me up. "Kat, are you ok? What happened?" Peeta asks worriedly as I sit curled on his lap.

I yawn and look at him, trying to keep my eyes open. "Fell...down stairs...so tired," I say in between another yawn.

"Annie, can you get me an icepack?" He asks and she nods and walks off.

I hear a scream and then hear Annie yell out, "UGH! BOYS!!!" She comes back with an icepack and her shoes are soaked. Oh yeah, I forgot about the water on the kitchen floor.

I curl into Peeta's chest as he holds the icepack to my head. Before I can say or do anything else, I have fallen asleep again.

___________________________

"Should we wake her?" I hear an excited voice say; Josh.

"Yeah! Okay, you get the water balloons and I'll get the bucket!" I hear another voice.

I hear footsteps and then hear Madge call from upstairs, "Who already packed the bathroom?" I hear Annie yell out, "Katniss was up packing half asleep at freaking 4am!" "Really?!" "Yes!"

I hear more footsteps and then Peeta's voice. "Guys, shut up please, she needs her sleep."

I smile, thankful for Peeta. Then everything seems dead silent and it sounds like the silence when you know something is about to happen.

Before I can open my eyes I get soaked in water, freezing cold water. I scream and sit bolt upright. My hair drips all over my face as all the guys except for Peeta errupt into laughter.

Peeta runs out of the kitchen at the sound of my scream, takes one look at me and then rounds on the boys.

"I told you to leave her alone! Guys, she is so tired! Leave her alone!" He yells at them. I feel tears in my eyes and I start to cry.

All the laughter has died down and Peeta walks over to me and scoops me up into his arms, carrying me upstairs. He takes me into the bedroom and sits me on the bed. He walks out and comes back in with a towel.

He takes his t-shirt off of me and then my sweatpants and then puts another one of his t-shirts from the drawers and pulls it on me.

He helps me into another pair of sweatpants and and helps me dry my hair.

I try to brush but just get angry and throw the brush across the room. Peeta goes and gets it and comes and kneels behind me and starts to brush my hair.

"Baby, what's going on?" He asks me as he runs the brush through my hair. I shrug and turn around so I'm sitting on his lap facing him.

"I don't know! I'm so tired and I can't think straight," I cry and he pulls me into a hug. He rubs my back in small circles as I feel my eyes start to droop.

"I can't sleep," I say tiredly, "I need to pack." I mumble into his shirt. "It's okay, everyone else has been helping. You did enough packing last night." He says and I nod.

I close my eyes and listen to the sound of Peeta's heartbeat where my head rests on his chest. And slowly I drift off to sleep.

"Katniss," I feel someone shake my shoulders.

"Kat, baby, wake up," they shake my shoulders again and I open my eyes to the blinding light.

I look around. I'm in a...car? "Uhh, where am I?" I ask Peeta, who is standing over me from the open passenger door.

"At my place. We finished the packing and I didn't want to wake you so I ran home and got my car and then drove back and carried you out to the car."

I grab his shirt and pull his lips down to mine and kiss him passionately. "Thank you," I whisper. He smiles and helps me out of the car.

He takes my hand and we walk up to his apartment. "Do we need to get the stuff out of the back of the car?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I already did that, I wanted you to sleep," I bring his hand up to mine and kiss it. "You're the best," I say. He smiles. "Are you feeling better now?" I nod, "Yes, thank you for letting me sleep when the other jerks wouldn't."

We walk into his apartment and I go to take my phone out of my pocket but I can't find it.

"Hey Peeta, where's my phone?" I ask. He puts his hand into his pocket and draws out my phone. I check the time; 4:25pm.

"What do you want to do?" Peeta asks me. I shrug my shoulders. "Do you want to see the bakery?" He asks. "Yes! Yes, let's go!" I say and take his hand again but Peeta stops me.

"Baby, as much as I love you in my clothes you might want to change them to meet my parents." I freeze; of course I would meet his parents if I went to the bakery.

I run upstairs to Peeta's  -our- room and see that Peeta has already packed my clothes away. "I love you babe!" I call out and I hear him laugh, "Love you too!"

I pull on some short denim shorts and a loose tank top. I run back downstairs and Peeta takes my hand again.

"Do you want to walk or drive?" He asks. "Drive, I'm having a lazy day," I laugh.

I climb in the passenger seat while Peeta drives. He takes me to the bakery and we walk inside.

I have already fallen in love with this place just by the smell of all the bread and cakes.

I see Josh is behind the counter. I say a quick hi to him as Peeta pulls me past and out to the back.

We go up some stairs and stop outside a door. "I'm warning you my mother is a bit...much sometimes. She has a hard time keeping her mouth shut." I gulp and then nod.

Great. That made me feel tons better.

Peeta pushes open the door and we walk into an apartment. I can smell pasta wafting from where the kitchen must be. Peeta pulls me in that direction and we stop once we reach the kitchen.

The man turns around and he looks almost like an older version of Peeta. Although his eyes aren't as bright.

"You must be Katniss," he says, smiling. I nod and shake his outstretched hand. "It's great to meet you, Mr Mellark." I say and he laughs, "Please call me Andrew." I nod.

Peeta's mother spins around and gives me a glare. "So this is the girl you've been wasting your time on," she snaps and I find myself inching just a little bit behind Peeta.

"I wouldn't call it wasting, but yes, this is Katniss." Peeta says with venom in his voice.

She glares at me. "You're not exactly pretty so who knows what he sees in you." She snaps and Peeta pushes me completely behind him with only my face sticking out from the side.

"Don't you dare talk to her like that!" He snaps back at her.

"What's going on?" I hear Ryes familiar voice come from behind me.

"I'm just shocked that Peeta is dating someone like her." She snaps. Rye moves forward so he is also standing in front of me.

"Peeta is dating Kat because she's a beautiful girl and he loves her, now go mind your own business." He glares at her and she turns around and keeps working on dinner.

"It was nice meeting you." Andrew says as Peeta takes my hand and pulls me out of the kitchen.

"I am so sorry Katniss, are you okay?" I smile at him. "Yeah, I'm fine." I lean up and give him a kiss.

"Thanks Rye." I say as we walk out the door.

Peeta drives us back to his apartment and we walk up and into the kitchen. He turns around and pushes me against the bench with his hands on my hips.

"There's another beach party on tonight that we are going to after dinner." He says and I nod. I lean up to kiss him but he moves his head out of the way. "Hey!" I say and scrunch up my nose. He laughs and kisses my lips so softly I can barely feel it.

"Stop teasing me and kiss me already!" I say and he laughs and leans in but pulls away at the last second.

I give him a death stare as he starts to prepare dinner.

I take a minute to calm down and then start to feel usless just standing there.

"Can I help?" I ask and he shakes his head. "No I'm fine thanks, you just sit."

I walk over to the vegetables and pick up the knife. "I can cut the veggies," I suggest. He turns to face me and his eyes widen in fear when he sees me holding the knife.

"No, no, no! You just sit down!" He says frantically as he takes the knife out of my hands and guides me over to the bar stool at the kitchen counter and makes me sit.

I stand back up again, eyes narrowed. "Have you been talking to Prim?" I ask and he turns slightly red. "Uhhh, um... maybe." He admits and I sigh.

"Peeta, I'm not that bad in the kitchen." I say, more trying to convince myself than him.

He raises his eyebrows. "I'm not!" I protest, "At least let me do something. I can set the table." I say, picking up knives and forks from the drawer.

"No, Katniss, please." He says, taking the knives from my hands. He looks around.

"Okay, how about you wash the veggies, you can't get that wrong." He says and I nod, thankful that he gave me something to do.

I pick up the veggies and put them in a bowl and then fill the bowl with water and soap.

Peeta glances at me quickly and then does a double take, his eyes widening in horror.

"What?" I ask as he stares at me with a shocked look on his face.

"Katniss, you're not supposed to wash them with soap." He says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well, I didn't know." I say as he puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me out of the kitchen and into the living room.

He disappears back into the kitchen and I sigh and sit down at the table.

"You know what who cares about dinner! I'm not hungry, let's just go to this beach thing!" I call out to him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, let's go"

5 minutes later, Peeta comes out of the kitchen with my phone and his and we walk down to the beach hand in hand.

When we get there, people are up on the stage singing. We spot all our other friends and walk over there. I see that Prim is with them.

"Hey Kat, sign up to sing a song!" Prim says, jumping with excitement.

"I didn't know you could sing." Peeta says.

"That's because I can't sing." I say, glaring at Prim. "Are you kidding, Katniss? You're amazing." She says and then runs away.

I stare after her as she disappears into the crowd. After two more songs she returns and blends into Delly and Madge's current conversation about the new shopping mall or something.

"Katniss Everdeen." I hear the person from the microphone call my name. My head snaps up as I glare at the man on stage who was scanning the crowd. "What?" I say confused and then I realise; Prim signed my name up.

I turn around "PRIM!" I yell and she giggles. A spotlight appears on me and everyone starts chanting for me to get up on stage. I glare at them all as I make my way to to the front, defeated.

I walk up the steps to the stage and the man gives me the microphone.

"Gee, thanks Prim," I say sarcastically and everyone laughs. "Love you too!" She shouts from the crowd.

Oh crap, what am I going to sing? I think about it and then I get the perfect song. I go over and tell the guy operating the music and tell him, "I'll stand by you by The Pretenders." He nods and sets up the music.

I take a deep breath and try to control my freaking out level.

I look at Peeta and he gives me a big smile which calms me down and helps me focus. I take a deep breath. As soon as the song starts, I look at peeta again and I can see the loving look on his face.

He knows this song is for him.

The music starts and I stay calm by not breaking eye contact with Peeta.

Oh, why you look so sad?

Tears are in your eyes

Come on and come to me now

Don't be ashamed to cry

Let me see you through

'cause I've seen the dark side too

When the night falls on you

You don't know what to do

Nothing you confess

Could make me love you less

I'll stand by you

I'll stand by you

Won't let nobody hurt you

I'll stand by you

So if you're mad, get mad

Don't hold it all inside

Come on and talk to me now

Hey, what you got to hide?

I get angry too

Well I'm a lot like you

When you're standing at the crossroads

And don't know which path to choose

Let me come along

'cause even if you're wrong

I'll stand by you

I'll stand by you

Won't let nobody hurt you

I'll stand by you

Take me in, into your darkest hour

And I'll never desert you

I'll stand by you

And when...

When the night falls on you, baby

You're feeling all alone

You won't be on your own

I'll stand by you

I'll stand by you

Won't let nobody hurt you

I'll stand by you

Take me in, into your darkest hour

And I'll never desert you

I'll stand by you

I'll stand by you

Won't let nobody hurt you

I'll stand by you

Won't let nobody hurt you

I'll stand by you

I finish and the whole beach is dead silent. Was I that bad? Then all at once, everyone started applauding and cheering and screaming.

I blush and my eyes go wide as I walk down the stairs and back to my friends. They are all staring at me in shock.

"What the hell was that?" Cato demands and I shrug, "Me singing."

"God, I love you." Peeta says, and pulls me in for a kiss. I kiss him back and deepen the kiss, my hands fisting his shirt and pulling him closer to me.

His lips moving against mine was the best feeling and I don't even have words to decribe how much I love him right now.

"Um, excuse me, Miss Everdeen?" Someone asks. I break away from Peeta and turn to see a man standing there.

"Yeah, that's me." I say and he holds out his hand. "Plutarch Heavensbee." "Katniss Everdeen." I say, and shake his hand.

"Miss Everdeen, I'm here to offer you a record deal."

______________________

Edited by SunshineRainbow7, she is fabulous!

So there the next chapter! Expect another chapter tomorrow maybe!!

Um the song was 'i'll stand by you' by The Pretenders.

Any other questions feel free to inbox or comment and i will always reply!

Also shannon (katniss123557) i hope you enjoyed freaking out over that fake preview i gave you :) it was funny!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

31.3K 863 27
Katniss is starting out at a new school. She doesn't know anyone except for her best friend Annie. On the first day of school, she happens to bump in...
31K 1.5K 18
[paradisejosh 2014-15] [Please note this is one of my early works, so it's not as good as my other stories. Please don't read to just judge. Thank yo...
31.5K 707 20
Katniss was dating Gale her best friend who was a player. He was cheating on her and she goes to Peeta for comfort. Prim was not reaped so Katniss di...
4.7K 161 60
Katniss is a rebel at her old schools but she got kicked out so she has to go to Panem high school where she meets her long lost best friend Finnick...