Roman Roommate

By GermanSam

Greek Mythology. Third installment in the Cupid series! Evie wants nothing to do with the romance business... More

1 - Partying Pooper
2 - British Blue Jay
3 - Backward ABC
4 - The Boss's Son
5 - Sister Phone Calls
6 - Broken Mirrors
7 - The Softer Side
8 - Normalities with Oddities
9 - It's Not Just A Planet
10 - Cupids Reunite
11 - Brotherly Advice
12 - Lunch Outing
13 - Lean on Me
14 - Unexpected Company
15 - The Team Tries to Work
16 - Surprising Skills
17 - Come with Me
18 - Meet the Parents
19 - Let's Chat
20 - Roman VS Greek
21 - If Only For A Week
22 - Mama Bear's In Town
23 - One Morning Together
24 - Two Against One
25 - The Bloody L Word
26 - A Day to Remember
27 - True Intentions
28 - Kiara and Kovu
29 - Jay's POV
30 - Valentine's Ball Part 1
31 - Valentine's Ball Part 2
Attention: Last Installment!

Epilogue

82.2K 1.6K 127
By GermanSam

"You all really don't have to be here."

"This is a big deal," I argued. "We're happy to support you."

"Yes," my dad agreed. "This is a day of celebration."

Carmen blushed and looked around her. "It's not the prettiest, but it's mine."

"No more renting," I pointed out. "We'll fix it up and make it look great."

My parents walked to the other side of the dusty room. This place wasn't beautiful and there was quite a bit of work to be done but it was Carmen's new dance studio. There were pieces of the ceiling on the floor, more dust than air, bits of glass, and tons of mysterious leftovers from various animals that had previously been living here. Yet, somehow, it felt perfect.

"A quick sweep and some Windex and this place will look great," Vee added in stepping over a loose board that had fallen on the floor.

Logan moved the board aside after his girlfriend was safely away from it. "How did you even afford this place anyway?"

"Logan," Mom warned giving him a look.

My brother shrugged. "Sorry. I just thought with what happened to your last place..."

"That no bank would ever dream of giving me another loan?" Carmen asked. Logan nodded un-bashfully but Vee hit him in the arm. He gave her a defensive look and silently asked her what he did wrong.

I rolled my eyes at them and moved over to the wall that was made of mirrors. There didn't appear to be a single mirror panel that wasn't cracked somewhere. This place had once been used for a dance studio about a millennium ago or so but it had been abandoned for some time. The bank was probably ecstatic to get it taken off their hands. True, it was a bit out of the way of the city compared to Carmen's last place but this studio would ultimately be better...in time.

"I put my name down on the loan as well," Jay explained for his mother. "It was the least I could do."

"You've done enough," Carmen disagreed patting her son's shoulder. "I don't blame you for what happened. It was all your father's fault."

"Moving on from the past," my mother cut in. "Shall we open the champagne?"

My father held up the bottle in his hands in offering. Carmen held up her empty hands and sighed.

"We don't have any glasses," she said.

"Who needs them?" My dad replied opening the bottle and handing it over to my mother. She took a swig and handed it over to Carmen.

"We're all family, aren't we?" She asked.

Carmen smiled and took the bottle gingerly. Jay walked over to stand by my side and I gave him a warm smile. The piercings had returned back to face and he had officially moved in with me the night of the ball. We were all family and it felt nice.

Carmen handed the bottle to Jay after taking a drink and he copied her actions before presenting the champagne to me. I was just about to grab for it when he held it out of my reach.

"Ah-ah," he warned handing the bottle over to Logan. They shared a smirk as my expression turned into a pout.

"I don't get to celebrate?" I complained crossing my arms over my chest.

"You don't get to drink," Jay corrected. "Alcohol and you just don't seem to mix."

"Led me to you," I retorted sticking my tongue out at him childishly.

Jay shook his head. "And see what happened? You got hurt and I'm sure you regret drinking that first night."

He sure knew how to throw guilt around. "I don't regret that but I just wish-"

"Aw you two are adorable," Carmen interrupted standing between us. Jay rolled his eyes at his mother's words. "Even when you argue, you both are just so perfectly matched!"

"I did my best," my mother threw in as the bottle made its way back to her. She set it aside as I scowled at her. I still wasn't exactly pleased with what she did with my relationship.

"Oh yes, you Cupid's certainly know what you're doing," Carmen complimented walking over to my mother and father who were standing together. "I can't believe the work you do. It's amazing to see my son so happy. I expect a wedding invitation by the end of the year."

"No!" Jay and I both exclaimed at the same time.

Carmen gave us a startled look. "Why delay the inevitable?"

"Why rush it?" I shot back.

"They have plenty of time," Dad said. "Neither of my children need to be rushing to alter anytime soon."

He shot a look at both my brother and I and we just avoided his gaze. Vee and Jay seemed the most uncomfortable on the subject.

Logan coughed suddenly. "Vee and I are taking things slow."

"So are Jay and I," I added quickly.

"We haven't even moved in together," Logan pointed out suddenly trying to make himself seem like the better child.

"You would be if you could," I argued. "Sorry you aren't as smooth as me in that department."

"You're only living together because he has nowhere else to go," Logan said. "We aren't living together because I respect her mother's wishes to keep her around."

"You might respect them but you don't agree with them."

"Children," Mom shouted suddenly. "Let's not fight or argue. Your father is right and neither of you need to be competing about any part of your relationships. Just let the chips fall where they may."

I glared over at my mother. It had only been a week and I definitely hadn't forgotten what part she had played in my life. It was taking the mothering role a bit too far.

"You're one to talk," I said to her. "You got married two years after being set up together and you were engaged for practically that whole time. How can you tell us not to move fast?"

"We have experience. We know now that waiting even longer wouldn't have been a bad idea," my father commented giving me a look. He wanted me to keep my mouth closed but I didn't want to listen to him.

"But you didn't wait and here we are: two kids and 30 years later," I continued. "You aren't a very good role model in that department...and in some others."

My mother knew my comment was directed at her. She glanced down at her feet seeming embarrassed.

"Things would've been different," she said quietly before adding, "For both of you."

I scoffed as she looked to my brother and then over at me.

"Think about it," my mother said. "Logan, if you had known that Vee was right for you all along, would that have changed anything?"

"I would've claimed her sooner," he replied pulling her toward him. She gave him a reassuring smile as he kissed her cheek.

"Sure you would've," my mom mumbled unconvinced. "What about you Eves? If you had known the morning you were sober enough to meet Jay that he was your soul mate, things would've turned out differently, don't you think?"

I huffed but didn't reply. Jay wrapped an arm around my waist in an attempt to comfort my suddenly stiff figure. He kissed my temple and whispered into my ear, "Let it go."

Sighing, I melted into his hold and dropped the subject. I saw my father grab my mother's hand and tell her to cool down. There was no need to get worked up about the past now.

"Oh, all six of you are so cute," Carmen gushed suddenly. "Ah, the power of love surrounds me! I couldn't be happier if I was in a relationship myself."

"I'm sure Eros could look into that for you," Vee chimed in quietly.

Carmen waved her away. "Oh no, I'm married to my work and now because of this place, I will never be disappointed again. Can't you all just imagine this place when it's finished? We can clean up the studio, make a place for girls to stay if they need one, and even create a place for recitals. No more renting and just a few years of payments and this place will officially belong to me."

We all sent her encouraging smiles. It seems like we had forgotten why where we're all here in the first place. This was to celebrate Carmen's new studio ownership. Jay had definitely redeemed himself by making this happen.

Katrina and the other girls would soon have a place to come back to. Bianca had told me that Katrina had been very sad when she found out she couldn't see her dance friends anymore. When I told her the news, she seemed totally ecstatic. Bianca, herself, seemed pleased to hear that Carmen would be getting a new place soon. She liked being able to make her little girl happy. Elijah would get his job back as would I. He offered to help clean the place up if we should need his help. Things were slowly getting back to normal.

"Oh, this calls for some dancing! I have my CD player out in the car! I'll go get it and we'll all take our first dance on this floor."

Carmen excitedly scurried out of the room. We used the time that she was gone to clear a large space of the floor from all the debris that was leftover. Carmen returned just moments later and quickly found a spot of the boom box and began the classical music. None of us were dressed extravagantly or in dance attire but still the couples paired up and started circling around the cleared space. Carmen stood off to the side and watched us as we went.

"This was a really nice thing for you to do for your mom," I commented quietly as we swayed.

Jay shrugged seeming bashful. "I had to do something after what I did to her. I'm still working on my debt to you though. Anything I can do just let me know."

I smiled and leaned up to give him a quick peck on the lips. I rested my head on his shoulder and we continued to gracefully sway around. Carmen beamed over at us as she caught my eye. She seemed honestly proud to have her son back.

"There is something you can do," I said lifting my head up to look at his light blue eyes.

Jay raised his eyebrows interested. "Anything you want, love."

My heart fluttered at the use of the nickname. I cleared my throat to regain my thoughts.

"Go ask your mom to dance. This is her new place and she deserves to be one of the first to spin around in here."

Jay glanced over at where his mother sat and he nodded at my words. We stopped dancing and he quickly gave me another kiss before heading over to ask his mother to dance. She agreed wholeheartedly and they quickly set out for the dance floor. I moved aside then to let them have space.

I looked over at the members of my family with intense fondness. There was my mom and dad, my brother and Vee, and my boyfriend and his mother. I grinned as they all swayed around to the beat of the music. They all seemed to be having their own conversations.

My parents stopped dancing after noticing I was alone and came to stand next to me. I gave them both reassuring smiles as they approached. My mother placed and hand on my shoulder.

"Are you seriously angry for what I did?"

I sighed feeling my pent up irritation towards her evaporate. "No, but I wasn't happy about it. I understand why you did it but I don't necessarily agree with it."

My mom gave me a sympathetic look while my father smirked.

"I told you she would say that," he commented. "She's just like you."

"I am not," I argued.

My mother stroked my hair and smiled down at me. "You're not, and be thankful for that."

"Oh but who's going to be the next matchmaker in the family?" Dad asked seriously. "Evie seems like the most fitting choice."

I glanced over at my brother. "I think Logan can do it. Didn't he set up some of his college friends?"

"I think it doesn't matter," my mother cut in. "We don't need another matchmaker and the day that we do, I will not force my children to become one. As long as they're happy, then I'm happy."

"Hm," I mumbled. "I didn't know that was your policy."

Logan and Vee stopped in their dancing and came to join our family group. They wanted to allow Jay and Carmen to have some time to themselves. After a moment of twirling and spinning, they too, came over and joined our conversation.

My mother gave me an annoyed look. "I love both you and your brother and I only put you through what I did to make you happier in the end. Be glad you had me for your matchmaker and not Eros."

My dad gave a low whistle. "Listen to your mother there Evie. Eros is one man you do not want to mess with in the love business."

My mother nodded in confirmation and Vee smiled knowingly. "That's why I want you and your brother to stay out of the Cupid business. It's not in the cards for either of you."

"I don't know," Logan cut in suddenly. "It seems like it could be a lot of fun."

"Then you can have the job," I told him easily. "Any future offspring any of us have though should be off limits." I glanced over at Jay and he nodded in agreement.

My mother laughed at my comment. "If only it was that easy Eves."

________________________________________________________________________________

So sorry that this is late! I was gone this entire weekend. I saw Wicked on Saturday and that was AMAZING! I got to go backstage and everything. It was totally awesome and I loved it. Great play!

Then on Sunday on my way home, I got so super sick. I felt so awful that I couldn't even stand up straight without wanting to hurl up the contents of my stomach (which I did do) and today I went home from school because I felt so awful. Regardless, I made sure to get this out to you all!

On that note, because I've been sick, I haven't been able to reply to everyone so I will get back to you all as soon as I feel better!

The announcement for what's to come next will be along soon. I'll try to get it up as soon as possible but I wanted to make sure that this was written first.

I will probably be taking a break from writing (not a long one but a break nonetheless) before posting the next project. I think it's well deserved and if you don't, well then too bad.

I thank everyone for all their support throughout all three novels. The announcement about if there will be another in the series will come later. I hope you're excited for that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 751 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...
41.3K 1.8K 53
After seventeen years of not quite fitting in, everything is about to change for Noel. With monsters, gods, cars and impromptu prophecies, this is th...
6.6K 91 33
"It's hard to say when I fell in love with Liam Sheppard. It could be when he returned after three long years and confessed that he loved me. It coul...
115 11 21
Cupid has long imploded and lives in the lands of the gods. But his legacy has not been abandoned. After the death of his daughter, his grandson Kyle...