My Baby's Daddy

By SimplyAmber96

Hayden Barnes is a 17-year-old girl who made a mistake when she was 16. She had a baby boy named Brandon with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 7

19.8K 332 31
By SimplyAmber96

Chapter 7

Closer

Drake's P.O.V*

He's moving in? He's supposed to ask my permission first. Even then I wouldn't agree to it.

"And what makes you think that you're moving in?" I asked him.

"You're my best friend. I need a place to stay."

"No. I'm not letting you live here. Besides, there's not enough room."

"I was thinking you could sleep on the couch and I'll sleep in the bed."

I let out a humorless laugh. "I don't think so."

"Please? My rent money is due and I can't pay it."

"If you stay here, you have to pay half of the rent and sleep on the couch."

"Fine." He said with a sigh.

I dressed Brandon in his pajamas and got ready for bed. I wish Darren would've given me a heads up. It's going to be weird having him here.

"Brandon doesn't cry in the middle of the night or anything, does he?" Darren asked.

"Only if he needs something, why?"

"Because I need my sleep. I can't be woken up by some baby."

"If you don't want to risk it, then leave."

"Good-night."

"What ever."

Hayden's P.O.V*

I woke up and saw a sleeping Ashton beside me. I had agreed to stay the night here. My mom won't care and I don't have Brandon, so why not? Ashton's hair hung in his face and his lips were slightly parted. He's so hot I can die. I have to be the luckiest girl in the world.

I slowly got up and stretched. My stomach growled really loudly and I looked to make sure I hadn't woken Ashton. Luckily he was still asleep. I wonder what he has to eat. He shouldn't mind if I get something.

I went downstairs and found the kitchen. I looked through the fridge and took out some cheese and eggs. I looked through the cabinets for a frying pan. I finally found one and began making eggs. I put some bacon in the microwave and continued making eggs.

I jumped when arms wrapped around my waist and lips pressed against my cheek. I instantly knew it was Ashton.

"Morning." He whispered in my ear.

"Morning. Sorry I went through your fridge."

"It's alright. I just hope you made enough for me."

"Of course."

After the food was finished, we sat at the kitchen counter and ate. I felt Ashton staring at me. I looked up and sure enough, Ashton was staring at me.

"What?" I asked, smiling.

"Do you know how gorgeous you are?" I blushed. "I could stare at you all day if I could. I can't get used to how beautiful you are."

"Stop." I said.

"I'm serious. I'm only speaking the truth."

"Well thank you."

I heard my phone ringing upstairs and quickly went to answer it. I saw it was Drake calling. The morning was so good. Why does he have to call now?

"What is it Drake?" I answered.

"What time are you coming to pick up Brandon?"

"Later today, why?"
"Because Darren is here. He decided to move in last night."

"Move in? But he sells..."

"So what? That has nothing to do with Brandon."
"The hell it does! I don't want him around that stuff! It's illegal and dangerous!"

"Who is that?" Ashton asked, coming into the room and standing beside me.

"Is that Ashton? Where are you right now?"

Great. Now Drake is going to spas out because I'm with Drake. Why can't he except that I've moved on with my life?

"It doesn't matter where I am right now."

"You're at his house aren't you? Otherwise you would've told me where you are. Did you sleep with him last night?"

"That's none of your business."

"You did! Could you be anymore of a slut?"

"A slut? I'm not a slut! The only guy I've ever had sex with is you! You're a real a**hole!"

I hung up and tossed my phone on Ashton's bed. I sat on the floor and hugged my knees to my chest, crying. I hate when he calls me hurtful names like that.

"He called you a slut?" Ashton asked, sitting next to me and wrapping an arm around me.

"Yeah. He thinks you and me slept together."

"You and I know that's not true so we don't need to worry about what he thinks."

"But I do worry about what he thinks. He calls me hurtful things. I hate it. I'm not a slut. I'm not my mother."

"Shhhh, I know you're not a slut. You're perfect in every way possible."

"Thanks."

"Come on, let's finish eating."

"Okay."

Ashton's P.O.V*

I absolutely hate Drake. How can he be the father of Hayden's child and be so evil towards her? He's the biggest a**hole I've ever met. What's even worst, he made her cry. It hurts me to see her cry. It's something I don't ever want to see again.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" I asked.

"No!" She quickly answered. "That might not be a good idea."

"Come on. I don't want him to make you cry again."
"He's not a guy that listens when people speak to him."

"Let me try anyway. Please?"

"Fine."

Drake's P.O.V*

I stared at Darren as he lit a cigarette. The smell of weed immediately filled the air. It's been so long since I've smelt that smell.

"Want one?" Darren asked me.

"No. You know I can't have that. And put that out. I don't want Brandon inhaling the smoke."

"He's taking a nap, he's fine."

"But he'll have to come in here eventually. Put it out or go outside."

"You're so paranoid. I'll go outside."

Before Darren could leave, there was a buzz. I went to answer it. It's might be Hayden. She'll be pissed if she sees Darren smoking.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"It's Hayden. Let me up."

I buzzed her in and quickly went to open a window. I have to get this smell out of here.

"Put that out." I ordered Darren. "No. I've already started and I'm not stopping."

The door opened and Hayden walked in with Ashton by her side. What the hell is he doing here? She looked at Darren and shock crossed her face.

"You're smoking weed in here? Around my son? Drake, how could you let him do that? You're such a terrible father! Where's my son? I'm taking him out of here and I'm calling your parole officer."

"No, no, please don't." I begged.

I'm not one to beg, but when comes down to those concrete walls, I'll do anything.

"I don't want to go back. This is all Darren. I'm not doing anything."

"Just go get my son!"

I sighed and went to get Brandon. She better not call my parole officer. She probably just wants to get rid of me so that she can start a family with Ashton. I hate that guy so much. He makes my blood boil.

I slowly picked up Brandon, not wanting to wake him. I set him in his car seat and strapped him in. I carried him out and handed him over to Hayden. She quickly left and Ashton stayed behind. Why hasn't he gone? Is he stupid or something? Did he not see Hayden leave?

"I want to talk you." Ashton said.

"Talk to me? Alright, make it quick."

"Why do you have to say such hurtful things to Hayden? She's so nice, yet you keep bringing her down. It's not right. She's the mother of your son, you could at least treat her with respect."

"Is this coming from a boyfriend, or a concerned person?"

"Both."

I stared at him and smirked. He's such a goodie-goodie. He's so concerned about other people's feelings. What's the point? They don't effect him in any way. Why should he care?

"Either way, I don't care what you want. I'm going to be me, and you should stick to being you."

"You're such a dick!"

"Oh, now you want to throw insults. I only throw insults to people I can't punch, which are women. You on the other hand..."
"You want to fight me? I'm not here to fight. I'm just here to talk."
"I don't like talking. I prefer to take action."

"Fine, don't listen to me. But of you keep acting like this you're going to lose her forever. She's slipping from your grasp every minute of everyday. She won't even try to be your friend anymore. But it's up to you. Life of fighting and misery, or a life of peace and friendship. Your choice."

Ashton finally left. I thought he'd never leave. He's so annoying. He thinks a bunch of words will get to me? Well he's wrong? Why should I care what he says? There's no truth to it.

"Wow, that guy is deep. No wonder Hayden is going out with him."
"Shut up. He just made a bunch of stuff up to make himself look good."
"If you say so. Oh, hey, Hayden hasn't slept with him yet has she?"

"I don't know." I muttered. I don't want to lose Hayden, even if we argue all the time. I've grown accustomed to having her in my life. If she's not in it, there'll just be a big hole to fill.

"I guess I need to speed it up."

"Lay of Darren."

Hayden's P.O.V*

Ashton finally came from the apartment, a frown on his face. He climbed into the drivers side and pulled off.

"So, how did it go?" I asked him. "Did he listen?"

"Yeah he listened, but he only got angrier and now he wants to fight me."

"Fight you?" I groaned. I knew something like this would happen. And when Drake challenges you to a fight, he never forgets. He reminds you until he gets it.

"It's okay. I'm not going to fight him. I hate fighting."

"You will fight him. Whether it's now or later, it will happen. Drake will make sure of it."

"We'll deal with that when the moment comes."

Ashton pulled into my driveway. Now I'm home, back to my old screwed up life. I wish I could stay at Ashton's forever.

"Thanks for everything. I love spending time with you. Everything was fun except for the horseback riding. I don't want to do that again."

"Oh you're going to. But this time I'll ride with you."

"We'll see about that."

Ashton leaned in and met his lips with mine. I moved my hand up and tangled my hands in his hair. I could kiss him forever if I could. I love the taste of him and just can't get enough. His tongue traced my bottom lip, asking for access. I quickly gave in and his tongue slipped into my mouth. Our tongues chased each other, and I just got caught up in the moment even more.

He pulled me from the passenger seat onto his lip, making me giggle. His held on to my waist and I had my arms wrapped around his neck. I don't want to leave this spot. I want to kiss him until my lips are numb. He moved his lips to my ear and he nibbled a little, causing me to let out a small moan. I felt his hands slide up my shirt, just a little. He touched my bare skin and a chill ran down my spine. I quickly grabbed his wrists and stopped him.

I pulled away and looked into his eyes. We were both breathing hard and I could feel the blush on my cheeks.

"I'll see you later." I simply said.

"Okay." He simply said. He gave me one last kiss before I got out. I got Brandon from the back and waved good-bye to Ashton.

When I went inside, I found my mom and guy, half naked on the couch. Great. This is as far as they made it? They couldn't even make it to the bedroom. I hate this. Now I have to wake them up.

I put Brandon upstairs in his crib first since he's still sleeping. After, I went downstairs to wake them up. I stared at them for a moment and shook my head in disbelief. I picked up a pillow and chucked it at them as hard as I could.

They both jumped awake and looked around. My mom looked at me and smiled, half asleep.

"Hey Hayden." She greeted. "Are you just getting in?"

"Yes. I slept over Ashton's house."

"Did you sleep with him? Please tell me you did. He's not something you can just look at forever."

"I know. We're not ready for that level yet. Making out is good enough for me."

"Who are you?" The man asked me.

"I'm her daughter. And I think it's time for you to go. You can't stay here all day."

"I'm moving, I'm moving."

The man let out a grunt as he got up from the couch. He slipped his clothes on and headed out the door.

"Mom, are you ever going to stop? You're 33-years-old and still dance as a stripper."

"'exotic dancer'." She corrected.

"Whatever. You need to stop. You're going to get old an wrinkly someday. No one wants to see that type of thing on stage."

"I'll quit when I feel like it. For now it's bring in the money and that's all we need. Plus, I get pleasure out of it."

"Yeah, what ever."

After a while, I called Kristie and told her about everything that had happened. She was practically freaking out. She's more excited than I am.

"So you two didn't..." Kristie started.

"No we did not sleep together. Ashton and I agreed that we won't do anything we want to."

"Awww, that's sweet. See, aren't you glad that Joey has a best friend that's perfect for you? I recommended him so It was mostly my doing. I know you the best and what type of guys you like."

"I told you 'thank you' already."

"I know. I just like to hear you say it over and over again for me.

"Haha, very funny."

But it is Kristie's fault that I'm with Ashton. He's one of the best things that's happened to me and it's all because of Kristie. I couldn't thank her enough for bringing Ashton into my life. I'm truly grateful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you go. I don't know when my internet will fail again so I posted this quickly. I'm actually getting ready for school right now. Lol Anyway, tell me what you think. Penny for your thoughts.

Picture of Hayden ->

Please comment, vote, and/or fan. Thanks!! ;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
1.3M 3.2K 4
Wattpad Editors' Choice, Winner of the 2020 Fiction Awards (for Best Plot Twist) and 2020 Mafia Romance of the Year. A chance encounter with an enigm...
5.3M 179K 78
Sofia is a 17 years old high school student under the guardianship of her step-father. Several weeks after her mother's death Sofia discovers the ho...
55.3M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...