Safe

By idkbree

Rae, the daughter of a lawyer, has always helped her father with cases, but not one quite like this. Aiden, a... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
New Story

Epilogue

15K 885 129
By idkbree

Epilogue

*5 years later*

Rae's Pov

*

I found myself wandering off to our backyard. Two years ago on this day, Harry and I bought our first real house. Two floors, massive kitchen, room to spare, and a beautiful meadow as far as the eye can see for a backyard.

My life has become more hectic than I could ever imagine when I agreed to move here with Harry. But I wouldn't trade my life now for anything. I had a beautiful wedding band on my left finger, and the house of my dreams.

My legs slowly pulled me towards the meadow of our backyard, where right on the very edge, I had Harry install a wooden swing. The largest tree we could find grew right before the start of our meadow, and the long branch held our swing we put up together. Our handprints were splattered on the wood, the justification that both of us had worked hard to put it up, and the remembrance of this day. This sweet beautiful day.

Taking a deep breath, my fingers drew around the wooden seat, and up the course rope. The little garden patch we planted next to the stump of the tree held our two favourite flowers, tulips and lillies. My eyes fluttered closed as I took a seat upon the swing, remembering the last time I had sat on our beautiful artwork.

*Flashback- 3 years ago*

"What is wrong with me! What have I done to deserve this!" I cried into my hands, gripping white plastic object.

My legs gave way, my body falling to the tile of our bathroom. I muffled my cries in my hands and let the tears flow freely down my face for what seemed to be hundredth time this month.

"Rae, please let me in." Harry softly knocked at the door.

"Leave Harry, I have nothing for you. You give me everything, and I can't give you the one thing you want. Please leave me be." I cried.

I cursed quietly under my breath, hearing the door handle jiggle and open. I should've locked it.

I felt Harry's hand gently rub my back up and down, like he always did to calm me down. Except today was different, and I wouldn't stop.

"Why are even here? I don't have anything to give to you!" I cried harder.

"Baby-Babe, stop it. Stop putting yourself through this every time. I'm not going anywhere, I never will. This ring on my finger proves it, and my heart won't allow it. It's going to be fine." Harry crouched down to my side, and pulled me into his arms.

"This all we've talked about for the last year, Harry. It's been four months of trying, and I can't get pregnant. I can't give you want you've always wanted."

Ever since the fourth time of having no success, my hopes have slowly vanished. I've always wanted kids, and so has Harry. Seeing his face when I told him that I wanted to start a family, made my heart melt. He's always talked about, saying Will needs to become an uncle because he's so good with kids. And that Evie needs a new friend to grow up with. This is all he's wanted since I married him, and now, I can't give it to him. Nothing breaks my heart more when I know the one thing he will ever want, I can't give.

"Maybe it's just not the right time. Maybe it's just your body telling you we're moving too fast, and we need to wait it out. It will happen eventually, and I'll be here for you, even if it doesn't."

"I-I need to speak with a doctor. I have to know if there's something wrong with me."

***

"Okay, Mrs. Styles, I'd like start off by saying, nothing is wrong with you, as in you've done nothing wrong. But, I can't say the same for your inherited traits. Checking your charts, it is possible for you to get pregnant, but it is very much more possible for you to end up like your mum had when she gave birth to you. It's almost a good thing you haven't conceived yet, because you would have ended up like your mum, had you decided to keep the baby. Going through most of the choices, it looks like you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome aka PCOS. It's where your eggs haven't had the time to mature, but in rare cases in which they have, it can cause both severe damage to you and the child."

Tears formed in my eyes knowing that I'd end up like my mum. I didn't want that for Harry, and I didn't want that for my child had I actually gotten pregnant.

Harry squeezed my hand in his, rubbing soft circles on the back of them. He leaned in, resting his head on my shoulder. His height dwarfed by the chair he sat in next to the table I was on.

"Will there be any cure for it? Ever?" Harry hopefully asked.

"The disease was found in the mid-eighties, and doctors have been researching a cure, and medication for it. Last I checked, there are only trial medications, but none have proven to be working. Give it a few years and I'm sure you'll be able to to get some. As for now, I suggest to wait a few more years. The time will come, but it has not come yet."

*Present time*

A tear slipped out of my eye remembering that day. A frown etched itself on my face, but quickly vanished remembering the week after.

Harry and I couldn't wait, we wanted to start a family, and nothing was stopping us. A week after, we applied for adoption. It took several weeks to clear everything, but it was worth the wait. Within the week, we found a perfect chance at a family.

A young girl, only eighteen, had gotten pregnant, and she was in no position to raise a child so young. She had dreams she wasn't ready to give up, and it seemed like her best choice. We followed her throughout the rest of her pregnancy and got to know her better. Her name was Elena, and she was studying abroad when her incident happened. She explained in brief detail that the boy was, and still is, the love of her life. They both just weren't ready for a huge commitment. But she was happy that her child would be in great care.

"Where did mummy go buddy?" I heard Harry ask our three year old boy.

"I found her!" Ethan called.

My eyes lit up, seeing our son struggling to keep his balance as he ran towards me. I quickly got off the swing, and to my knees, waiting for him with open arms.

Ethan came barrelling the last few feet, and jumped into my waiting arms. I let off a loud 'humph', but hugged him close anyway. Ethan toppled me to the ground, arms still secure around my neck.

"You're getting so big buddy!" I exclaimed.

Ethan looked up at me with his deep blue eyes and smiled brightly.

"I'm going to be as strong as daddy!" He said, squeezing me into another hug.

"Ethan, what have I told you about being careful and gentle around mummy?" Harry asked coming from behind us.

Our little boy immediately let go and backed up, looking at me with a pout. I rolled my eyes playfully at Harry.

"He didn't mean you can't give me hugs, you just have to be gentle around mummy, and save the beatings for daddy." I smirked up at Harry.

Harry kneeled down beside me, bringing Ethan onto his lap. He leaned over giving a kiss to my cheek, and one on top of Ethan's head.

"How's my two favourite girls?"

"Well this one," I placed my free hand on my stomach. "Is enjoying her little dance party. And I'm doing just fine. Only waiting for her to calm down, and quit beating on my stomach." I laughed.

Harry only chuckled at my expense and pulled me closer to his side. His hand sprawling around the whole of my stomach. Over my growing bump.

"Bet she's tough just like you." Harry whispered.

"Bet she's just as cheeky her dad."

"Bet she's just as sassy as her mum." He smirked.

"Bet she's just kind hearted as her dad."

"And just as beautiful as you." He kissed my lips.

"Ew..." Ethan scrunched up his nose.

Harry and I both laughed, knowing one day he'll think otherwise. He may be adopted, but living with Harry he had come to inherit his traits.

Since our visit to the doctor all those years ago, they found a surgery for my problem, and after Ethan turned one, I went under, and had the disease fixed. And like Dr. Davis said, they were be able to find a cure. I was one of the first to test after the surgery, and thankfully it was a complete success. Now in four months, we're expecting our first miracle baby and a little sister for Ethan.

Harry and I made our way back to our home, Ethan running ahead pretending to be a race car. Harry's arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me close to his side.

"What did I ever do to deserve this?" I questioned aloud.

"I was thinking the same thing."

When we arrived back at our home, Harry had taken Ethan to his room for his nap. I went into the kitchen to prepare a big meal for the whole family tonight. All including Charlotte, Will, Sara, their one year old, Nikki, Evie, and my dad.

Today not only did today mark our two year anniversary of moving into the house, but it also marked the day we brought out little Ethan home. Harry had completely surprised me right out from under my nose when we arrived here.

*Flashback - 3 years ago*

"Harry you missed the turn to go back home." I gently whispered, not wanting to disturb the peaceful silence we had finally been granted after we picked Ethan up from the hospital.

I sat in the back of Harry's Range Rover. My left arm draped over the car seat my little angel rested in. After two weeks of being in the hospital since birth, we finally got to bring Ethan home and I couldn't be more excited to start motherhood.

"Sorry, I'm just so excited I wasn't looking, I'll circle around at the next street that can bring us back."

"I know he's a sight to see, but please keep your eyes on the road."

"Yes, mum." Harry smirked through the review mirror.

"I can't wait until he can talk. To hear his sweet voice say mummy."

I was ready for any major events Ethan was going to go through, but I was no means ready for it to happen to quickly. I wanted to cherish this time for as long as I can.

"Me too, but I'm sure my little man's first word will be dad."

"No it won't! I'll drill it in his little head whilst you're at work until he says it." I smiled.

"You and I both know how persuasive I can be." He winked.

I laughed at his suggestive comment, and shrugged his hand off my thigh. I had been so caught up in laughing and thinking about our future, I hadn't realised Harry's sudden turn into a little neighbourhood.

"Harry, where are we going?" I asked peering around at the beautiful homes.

"You'll see babe,"

"Harry, please, I just want to go home. Our family is waiting and I want to see them."

Just then, Harry pulled into a long driveway. Driving through, it lead up to beautiful giant home. Cobble stone front, green grass covering all around, bright red door, and trees surrounding the perimeter. It was absolutely breathtaking.

Harry pulled the car to a stop in front of the home. He quickly got out and made his way to the back of the car, and taking Ethan out of the locking for his seat.

"C'mon babe."

Sighing, I reluctantly got out of the car. Harry took my hand, helping me down, his other holding the carrying seat for Ethan.

"Harry, please, I really just want to go home, and settle in."

"Well, why don't we go inside and settle in at our new home." He smiled with a wink.

"Our what? You mean..."

"Yes baby, this is our new home. I've sold the previous flat, bought new furniture, and had our family move our things when we were waiting for our little guy."

"Family?"

Just then, everyone in our family came running out the front door, swarming us in a giant hug, and rambling all sorts of things about the home - our home.

It was then, I broke out in the most joyful tears I have ever experienced since I found out we could adopt.

"Welcome home, baby."

*Present Time*

I felt two hands make their way around my waist as I was cutting the fruit into small squares.

"Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen." Harry hummed in my ear.

"Pleased, Mr. Styles?"

"As ever, Mrs. Styles."

"Before you came down here, I was thinking about coming home this day three years ago." Turning around, I peered up at him through my lashes.

"And what about it?" He asked, cupping my cheek.

"That I'm the luckiest girl alive, and that'd I'd be nothing without you. That whenever I'm with you, I feel at home, security, happy. I feel safe with you and your love. And I wouldn't give it up for the world."

"You are my world. You, Ethan, and our growing little girl." He rubbed my bump. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Harry."

The End

____________

Please read!!!!

I'd like to start off by saying a huge thank you to everyone who stuck by me and my friend through this story! (even the silent readers who never voted or commented!) I can't believe this story is over, and I'm happy I was able to finish it for you all :)

It's been an amazing journey going through this with all you guys. From rating at fan fiction #47 and reaching one million reads! I can not thank you all enough!

I've gotten a lot of private messages from people asking about a new story because they love my writing. And since there won't be a sequel, I will be starting a new story!!!

I've already started writing my story, and plan on posting TONIGHT!!!
(stay tuned)

It's completely different than anything I've ever seen on here, and I have complete faint in it! If you have any questions, please message me and I'll answer them!

So once again, thank you all so much! I love you all, and hopefully, I'll see you in the comments in my new story ;)

THANK YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 82 24
All Aiden's life did was go further downhill when his best friend Violet was shipped off to boarding school for five years ago. But when she returns...
1.3K 14 18
when two kids from rival families hook up it changes everything. she is 17 and has never had a boyfriend, until the middle of the summer and someone...
190 0 19
Aurora Lane has a past that nobody wants to imagine could be true. As a preteen she unfortunately witnessed her mother's murder. She lives her life a...
6.5K 521 28
After a tragic event, she decides to change the way she lives her life as she has no other choice but to live with her sister and her husband. Her pa...