chapter 35

Chapter 35

Rae's Pov

It's been two hours since the jury has left to deliberate. Knowing that the answer to Harry's freedom could be minutes away from everyone knowing has me shaking in nervousness.

"Rae, come here. I would like to speak to you." My father called from his table across the courtroom.

I groaned, not really in the mood to put up with what he has to say. But it will give me something to help me pass the time.

"Yes?"

"After the verdict is decided, I need you to run a few errands for me depending on the outcome. But I'll need you to leave as soon as possible to beat the crowd."

"What will I be getting?"

"I'll tell you as soon as we know who won." He told me whilst sorting through numerous papers.

"Won't you be busy?"

"I'll call you as soon as I see you leave."

I nodded waiting to see if he had anything left to say. He didn't look at me again. Instead he started talking sternly to Aiden, who paid no attention to how frantic my dad was. So I walked away leaving them to it. When I came to my seat, Will had taken in upon himself to sleep on Sara's shoulder. I giggled watching Sara try to keep his up from falling. She rolled her eyes, laughing to herself too. I sat beside her, seeing that Will had slid further down and now occupied my seat.

"What did your dad say?" Sara asked looking towards me.

"He wants me to run an errand for me after this."

"Hmm, what for?"

"He didn't say but he said he'd tell as soon as I leave. And since I'll be doing this, I won't be able to stay to say much, so don't wait up for me. I'll meet you at your place sometime tonight." I smiled flicking my hair back that had fell in front of my face.

"Sounds good, I was thinking we'd just pick up some food on the way? I'm not in the mood to cook tonight." She laughed.

I laughed along with her, knowing we both were too tired to cook. Our laughter was carried throughout the quiet courtroom, many people turning to look at us. I quickly covered my month in hopes to cease the obnoxious giggles. We attracted much attention being that we are now the most entertaining focus that has happened throughout the course of two hours. Except for the man that trip on the chair and fell on his face half an hour ago.

Harry turned around from his long conversation he was having with Jack to look our way. He laughed lightly, shaking his head. I tried harder to stop my giggled but the harder I tried the more they had bubbled over. He rolled his eyes playfully, turning around but not before I stick my tongue out at him.

Sara saw my action and nudged my shoulder suggestively. I was about to comment but before I could, the door by the judges sand opened and out came the jury and the plump judge.

"All rise." The officer called out.

We stood in respect, waiting for the judge to take her seat. She took her good ol' time walking up the steps with a folder in one hand and her glasses resting on the brink of her nose. When she sat down, so did the rest of the room, as we waited in silence.

"I'd like to thank to thank the jury for their hard efforts throughout this long process. And I like like to thank you all for your patience. Our jury has came to a verdict after long hours of deliberation and have decided Harry Styles' future. From anonymous decisions, Harry Styles is innocent, and will have all previous charges dropped. As for Aiden Williams, he is found guilty with first degree murder twice, and the illegal exchanging of drugs and weapons. He will be sentenced to 110 years to life in prison with no chance of bail. Case dismissed."

He won.

Harry won.

He's free.

He's a freeman. He can roam around like a normal person, do normal things, anything he wants, hypothetically of course. He can finally go home.

When I looked around the room to see who was happy for him or upset he won, I landed on Aiden. He was taken away in handcuffs roughly. Mostly because he was so defiant and was shouting "I'm innocent" and many other hurtful towards Harry. Harry... When I looked at him I saw nothing but genuine happiness. He hugged his team and ran over to Will and Sara, engulfing them in massive hugs. I had to chuckle to myself when Will fake chocked about Harry strangling him. I was brought back to other thoughts when I felt my dads hand on my shoulder.

"I'll call you three minutes." He informed me.

I nodded and turned around towards the double doors trying to beat the exiting people. I was stopped when I felt two large arms wrap around my waist. I laughed loudly when Harry started spinning me around in happiness. Little pecks of kisses were left under my ear making me giggle some more.

"Harry!" I laughed. "S-Stop!"

"Baby, I won!" He cheered placing me down.

"I knew you would the whole time." I smiled up at him.

"Thank you for believing in me. I don't think I would have won without it."

"Me either." I joked.

"Come with me, we're going to go celebrate at my mums house tonight. I want you to be there."

"I will. I just can't come right now."

"Why is that?"

"My dad asked me to do something for him, and I really want to. I mean, it's his first time losing a trial in over ten years. I just need to do this one thing so I can show a little compassion. I don't want to be mean, even though you did whoop his arse." I chuckled.

"That I did. But do you have to do it right now? Can't even celebrate for a few minutes?" He frowned.

"No, sorry. But apparently it's urgent from the way he's acting."

"So you have to go...right...now..?" He drawled out his sentence like a child.

"Yes, and I'll see you tonight at your mums. I'm extremely happy for you, Harry. You deserved to win." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

I walked away before he had time to pull me back or say something. Or I'd end up with a sympathetic 'I really don't' for himself. And the quicker I leave, the quicker I can get the errand done, and on my way to spending time with Harry outside of bars.

I pulled out my buzzing phone as I made my way into the car park. I've driven my car the past two days incase I would have to go somewhere and would need a car. I could not drive Will's car.

I answered my phone seeing that it was my father. Calling right on time like I had expected he would. When I brought the phone to my ear, all I heard was loud talking and my dad mumbling something to me.

"Can you speak up?" I asked.

"Huh?"

"Speak up! I can't hear you."

I heard muffling noises in the ear piece, figuring my father was moving to a more calmer place.

"You there?" He asked a lot more clearer now.

"Yes."

"Good. Now I need to grab a few things. I had believed Aiden would win the trial but he didn't so I was unprepared. I need you to go to his place pick up his birth certificate and also the hand print paper that was given to him recently so it should be close."

"I'm not going in his house!" There is no way in hell.

"Rae, just do this for me please. It's already been a rough day. Grab the things and go. It's all I'm asking." He pleaded.

I can't say no. Damnit. I'll feel guilty if I don't. Grab these few things things and go.

"Fine. Where are the keys?"

"They should be under the big stone near the walkway. Thank you so much, Rae. Just bring it to our house and I'll meet you there."

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can." I told him, ending the call after.

Harry's Pov

Free? Did they just say I'm free to go? Am I dreaming? I can't be dreaming... Wow. I'm free. I love the ring to that. I love the truth behind it. I love that Aiden can't say the same. I look around the courthouse and see Rae. I wouldn't of been able to get through this if she weren't in my life. She's my motivation to be better and now I can be, for her, for me. I shake hands and give a quick hug to Jack. I don't know how he did convinced the jury, but I'm sure glad he did.

I watch as Aiden is taken into custody. He looks back at me, defeated. I look away. I don't need to worry myself with him anymore. I can't believe all that we've been through. I thought he was like my brother, but he proved me wrong. I never want to see his face again, and I find peace within myself knowing I won't have to.

***

Rae's Pov

"Big stone, big stone, big sto- ah found it." I mumbled to myself.

I lifted up the rock, finding Aiden's spare key tapped to the underside of it. I grabbed it, running up to his front door, and unlocking it quickly.

His house didn't surprise me in the slightest. It was unkept and messy. There was papers and old wrappers loitered everywhere, and it took all of me not to clean it up. I had to remind myself I was in his house.

I looked throughout the small living area for the papers but only came across the fingerprint one. I guess his birth certificate was someone more hidden like a bedroom, or closet.

When I entered his bedroom, it was surprisingly a lot cleaner than the rest if his house. Though there wasn't much to it. Only a bed, dresser and a closet. I checked under the bed first first but there was nothing there. Then the dressers. I almost fell backwards when I came across three guns and bullet refills. I moved to the closet but it was mostly bare aside from extra blankets and some t shirts.

I huffed out and exited the room checking the last two doors in the hallway. The door closest to his room seemed to be some typed of basement, and knowing Aiden, I was too scared to go down there. So I quickly shut the door when I heard a slight noise. I moved over to the next one, finding three boxes. I checked the first two, only to find random junk. The last one seemed to be the important one. This one held his birth certificate and other important papers. I closed the box, and placed it back on the shelf. When I shut the door, I screamed out in fright of the sight before me.

It was a little girl, only about four. Dressed in raggedy clothes that didn't seem to fit her. They had a few rips in them and dirt on the knees.

"Who are you?" She whispered.

"I should be asking you..."

"I'm Ellie. Are you one of Uncle Aiddie's friends? He brings pretty girls like you home a lot."

She seemed very timid, as if something bad was going to happen.

"You won't hurt me like them, right?" She asked.

"Like who?" I asked, getting to my knees so I was eye level with her small height.

"The pretty women. Or Uncle Aiddie. He says I'm bad."

"Oh no no, I won't hurt you. I'm here...to help."

"Help with what?"

"I'm going to get you cleaned up, and take you out, and get you some food." I smiled.

"Really?" She asked, her big green eyes lighting up, and long curly brown hair, bouncing everywhere.

Then I noticed a dimple.

Two.

Four years old.

Dimples.

Dark brown curly hair.

Big green eyes..

Oh my god.

This is Evie.

"Hey...Ellie? Do you remember having another name?" I asked, trying to see if the four year old would comply with me.

"No, but I have dreams where a pretty mummy calls me Evie, and buys me lots of toys!"

This is her.

"Well, I think I like Evie better, don't you?"

"Yeah! But what's your name?"

"My name is, Rae. C'mon, let's get you cleaned up. Do you have extra clothes?"

"I have more pj's! Uncle Aiddie says having more than that is for rotten kids." She pouted.

"Well, Uncle Aiddie is a bad bad person for telling you that. He's so bad we shouldn't even call him an Uncle."

I saw confusion take over her face before she spoke.

"He's not bad, I'm the bad one."

"No no no, Honey. That's not true. He is very bad, that's why the good people are taking him away."

"Oh...okay." He head dropped down.

"But it's okay now. I'll buy you so many toys, and get you new clothes. When was the last time you ate?"

"I don't know. But it was an apple!" She exclaimed with joy.

"How about I get you in the bath, and take you to get you something to eat? And then take you to meet a very special person?"

"Yes!"

She threw me off guard when her tiny legs ran her over and into my arms, hugging me. I hugged her back and lifted her up to bring her to the bath. I got the tub ready and gave her some privacy whilst I went out toy car to get my gym bag out. I pulled out an old t shirt, figuring I'd tie it back and let her wear her old pants underneath.

When I came back in, she was splashing around the tub, suds everywhere and all in her hair.

"Would you like some help?" I giggled.

"Mhmm!"

I went to the kitchen to grab a cup so I could rinse her hair out. God only knows how long it's been since she washed it. She laughed as I scratched my nails against her scalp, saying 'it tickles!'.

When she had gotten out I couldn't help to noticed the large welts on her skin. Most of them along her arm from what I figured to be Aiden gripping onto her and pulling her. But she already looks so much better and cleaner. Her eyes lit up a lot brighter now.

I helped her get dressed, slipping on the purple t shirt, and her old, worn, and faded pink pants. Thankfully, Aiden did have the decency to buy her underwear. I tied the shirt back, and combed out her long locks.

She held onto my hand as I grabbed the papers needed and looked for her shoes.

"Do you have any shoes, Love?"

"Only these old ones." She frowned. "They don't feel good."

"Well they're all you have for right now, until I buy you new ones."

"Okay."

I tied the old laces and felt the tip of her shoe. I could feel her toes wanting to stick out. She reached up for my neck, wanting me to carry her. Which I happily agreed to. We reached the car, as I went to place her in the back seat, I suddenly got really worried.

She doesn't have a carseat.

It should be fine. It's not that long of a drive and it's only this one time. But what if something happens and her family officially won't be able to see her again?

She's not even my kid and I'm already freaking out.

So I packed her in the middle of the back seat, making sure she was secured in. I jumped into the front and started the car to drive the short distance to my house.

"I have to go drop off these papers, is that okay?"

"A-Are you leaving me?" She looked frightened.

"No no, I just have to run inside quickly and I'll be back."

"Can I come in?"

I think about for a bit, not sure what I'd say to dad if my dad were home.

"I think it it's best if you stay-"

"Pleaseeee?" She pouts.

I look into the rear view mirror to see her big green eyes pleading. Damnit she has the pouty lips just like Harry.

"Okay, but we have to be quick." I tell her, pulling up to my house.

Grabbing the papers and getting out of the car, I go to the backseat to pick up Evie. I held her on one hip as I walked into our house.

"Rae, is that you?" I heard my father call.

"Um, yeah. I got the papers, I have to get going though. I'll see you tomorrow!" I called back.

"Okay, see yo- who's this?" He asked coming into the kitchen.

"Uh...Sara's little sister..? Yeah, I had to pick her up from the babysitters this morning." I lied.

"Oh okay, well I'll let you go. Bye sweetheart." He pulled me into a side hug and kissed the top of my head.

I quickly headed out with Evie still attached to my hip. I buckled her up and planned to head out to the shops close to Harry's mums house.

I feel bad for not calling him right away, but I really wanted to surprise him...in a way. It's sounds so twisted. She's been gone for year and I don't even call him or anyone. I guess this is something you can't just tell them over the phone. But should I be keeping this from them for this long? No, but I want to get her new clothes for right now at least. They don't need to know what has happened to her with Aiden.

After all that time I can't believe no one has checked his basement. Even Harry. If Aiden and him were as close as they said they were, I'm surprised he was never in the basement. I guess that son of bitch is really a cruel heartless monster.

The ride to the little quant store I know of from passing it many time before, was quick. Evie had fallen asleep for most if the ride. When she awoke, she started crying because she was so hungry her stomach was hurting. I felt so bad.

I parked the car on the side of road and ran up to the small bakery close by the shop. Evie was still crying into my shoulder and I tried desperately to calm her down. Her head was buried into my neck, muffling her loud wales into small cries.

"Hello, how may I help- Oh would do we have here?" The elder lady asked behind the counter.

Evie cries were soon quieted when she heard the ruffling of the wax paper grabbing hold of a cookie.

"Would this little lady like a cookie?" She asked.

The little girl lifted her head from my shoulder eying the cookie. She nodded slowly, looking at the old lady carefully.

"Go on, take it." I encouraged her.

She reached out for cookie slowly, but quickly retreated back taking a big bite of the chocolate filled goodness. Evie hummed in happiness, bouncing up down in my arms slightly.

"Thank you." I said to the lady.

"It was nothing, Love. Would you like anything?"

"Yes, I'll have the banana nut muffin please."

She nodded and headed over to the case holding the variety of muffins. Grabbing mine, she packed it into a small brown paper bag and handed it to me.

"How much?" I asked searching through my wallet.

"It's nothing. We don't get many cute little girls like this one. And there's no sense in paying for one muffin." She smiled.

"Thank you so much." I smiled and placed some money in her tip jar anyway.

We exited the bakery, Evie still munching on her cookie. I walked the few stores over to the small shop. Evie eyes lit up when she saw the pink jacket in the window.

We were greeted by a shop employee, telling us what sales they were having. Evie couldn't contain her excitement any longer and wiggled out of my arms. She ran over to a cute little blue long sleeve shirt. I found a pair of winter themed leggings that went with it.

"Do you like this?"

She nodded eagerly and ran over to shoes. Finding a pair of little white tennis shoes to go with it.

About an hour later I had ended up buying her about three new outfits, two pairs of shoes, and the pink jacket she saw in the window.

I brought her out to the car, standing in the door to the backseat. I helped her change into the blue shirt and leggings. And wrapping a fuzzy white jacket around her.

"How do you like them?" I asked, finishing up tying her shoes.

"I love them! Thank you, Rae!"

"You're welcome." I smiled, kissing the top of her head.

I hoped into my seat and started towards Charlotte's house.

"I'm taking you to meet someone special, Evie. But we want to surprise them. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed with joy.

"Okay, when I go inside, I'm going to leave you outside at the door for a few seconds. And when I come and get you run inside and stand by me, okay?"

"But I don't want you to leave me." She pouted.

"I won't be leaving you. I'll be inside, we just have to surprise them."

"You promise to come out a get me?"

"I promise."

We pulled up to Charlotte's house and I put in the numbers to open her gate. I parked close to the house and hoped out, grabbing Evie's clothing bags. I helped her down, holding her hand. We walked to the front and I bent down to her level.

"Stay here, I'll be right back, I promise."

She nodded and gave me hug. I hugged her back quickly, releasing her so I could get inside to Harry. I didn't bother knocking but I knew they wouldn't mind.

"Harry!" I called, taking off my shoes.

Will came to the foyer first, followed by Sara, Harry and Charlotte.

"Babe! You're here!" Harry came at me, engulfing me in a hug.

"I am."

"Why do you have a children's bag?" He asked pulling away.

"Oh about that.."

"Are you...?"

"Dear god, no." I flushed. "But I have a surprise for you. A very big one."

"Like?" Harry asked a little cautious.

I put my finger up, telling him to wait a moment. I made my way to the door and opened to find Evie sitting down on the ground. She hopped up and grabbed my hand. When I walked back into the house, everyone gave a questioning glance except for Charlotte. Her eyes became glassy. She knew.

"Who's this?" Harry asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Go on, Tell them." I encouraged, dropping down to her height.

"I'm Evie." She whispered.

Though she whispered, everyone in the room heard her. Charlotte chocked back a sob, and ran to her little girl. Evie immediately tensed as she came closer.

"Remember her, Evie? That's the mummy from your dream. She the one who gave you all the nice toys." I told her.

"She's real?"

"Yes, and she's your real mummy." I smiled.

Evie cautiously looked at Charlotte, who down on her knees, waiting for her child to run up to her and give her a hug. I gently pushed her toward, smiling at her to let her know it was okay. She hesitated before running up to her and hugging her. Charlotte cried even harder, but through the her tears you could she the joy and the huge smile. Evie soon released her, and ran back to me.

"Evie, I'd like you to meet your brothers, Will and Harry. Do you remember them?" I asked pointing to brothers who eyes were wide.

"That one looks like me. But he's a giant! And a boy.." She giggled pointing to Harry.

Harry dropped to his knees and let a few tears fall, shaking his head.

"It can't be her.." He whispered.

"Har-" I started but was soon cut off.

"How could you come into this house after everything that happened, and what you found out after these few weeks," he yelled standing from his feet. "And bring some child to impersonate her to make me feel better? After I started to except everything that happened, you come and do this shit?"

"Harry!" Charlotte yelled.

"No, this is unbelievable! I can't believe you had the guts to pay this sick joke! She's dead, and is never coming back!" He continued to yell.

I was astonished he had such an outburst. Maybe denial. But I didn't think he would believe me to do something so awful like that.

I sat staring up at him in amazement how he could do this. But I was soon tore away from his face when Evie cuddled into me crying. He had scared her.

"God damnit, Harry! Just look at her!" Will spoke up. "She has every Styles gene and you know it. It looks exactly like her but older. Aiden never said if he killed her, we assumed. This is her."

Harry took a deep breath looking at Evie. She had settled down from the crying but her head still stayed cuddled in my neck.

"Where did you find her?" He asked.

"I had to go to Aiden's house to pick up papers for my dad and found her there in the basement. This is her, Harry. I swear it."

He couldn't help but to let a few more tears fall. Will pulled him into a side hug, telling him it was her.

Harry pulled away, looking at Evie and I. He slowly came forward, getting down to his knees, an opening his arms slightly.

"Can I hold her?" He quietly asked.

I nodded and moved closer towards him. Evie still hadn't let me go, so I had to moved by wiggling on my knees over to him.

"Can you give Harry a hug?" I asked.

"He's angry at me.." She whispered, snuggling more into my side.

"He didn't mean it. He was just so happy to find you. He loves you, Evie. Give him a hug for me?"

She slowly backed away and looked behind her towards Harry. He was surprised when she moved on her own from my lap to his, hugging him around the neck. He instantly wrapped his large arms around her. One around her tiny waist, and the other pressed to the back of her head.

You could hear Harry's quiet sniffles as he held onto her. I slowly got up making my way over to Charlotte. Will soon joined Harry in their hug and Sara came over to Charlotte and I.

"Thank you for finding my baby." Charlotte cried into my shoulder, hugging me.

Somehow, I think Evie is the one thing this whole family needed. And now that she's here, they can focus on the bright future they desperately want.

___________________

ig: hi_harry (I'll update about this story on there sometimes, so follow?)

(((what did everyone think of story of my life??? I think it's one of their best songs)))