DAWG

By CreativelySOCIAL

Zayne Sanchez isn't the average "lady's man", he classifies himself as the most honest of them all: a DAWG. H... More

Author's Note!
A Man's Public Announcement
One
Mama's Maybe, Daddy's Baby
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fourteen (Part II)
Eyes, Wide SHUT
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
All Or Nothing
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
A Motherless Child
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Introducing... US
Thirty

Another Piece of Me?

1.7K 124 22
By CreativelySOCIAL

I feel...

Honestly, I don't really know what I feel.

"We have a son together..."

A son?

"His name is Zayvion."

I keep hearing Promise's confession, over and over, piercing my subconscious, from a place that currently remains unwelcome.

For that moment, it seemed like I was having an out of body experience and I was watching someone else.

Then she referred to me as a scared ass little boy. Why? Because I didn't give her the reaction she'd dreamt up in her mind, as if it should have been all rainbows and candied hearts. I guess if I'd embraced her, pulled her close to whisper my willingness into her ears, that would've gotten her approval.

Bullshit.

I wasn't about to give her that, and wrap myself up in something I don't believe in...

But deep down I know it's true.

I can see it.

That photo, I stare at it, and all I see looking back at me is - ME. That kid is me and that's what fucking bothers me! So essentially, I guess she was right. I am scared. Does that make me any less of a man? Maybe it does.

I'm expected to want to be there, because that's the right thing to do.

What if I don't want to do the right thing?

His eyes, the dark mop of loose curls, the dimples in his cheeks, and the essence of playful mischievousness in his smile...

That picture...

I see it and it makes me reminisce about the lonely child I used to be. I don't want to make excuses, yet I just... don't know what to do. How am I supposed to go about this? I'm lost. With that being made known, comes more questions. It makes me wonder if I should label myself a hypocrite if I decide that I don't want to be apart of his life. I'd be just like my mother - nonexistent.

Do I really want that?

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Again, I don't know...

I can clearly see that little boy for who he is - my son. Even still, there's a part of me that wants to know him now. Then there's the selfish side - the part that wants to stay locked away and pretend I don't know of his existence.

I'm having a battle within myself, fighting who I know I shouldn't be.

But damn,

this is...

LIFE CHANGING.

I'm pissed off, and my anger lies in the fact that she waited so long. Then I realize why she chose to do so... because I'm not Prince Charming, and I don't think I could ever be. I don't fit the mold - family man - but I don't need to be that to take care of mine, right?

Exactly, and if that's true... then why is it bothering me so much?

It irritated me so bad that I accused her of using me. I couldn't even put up a facade that was air tight though, because she saw through it. I tried to appear unmoved, but seeing his face was my undoing.

That did it - broke the dam.

I was unraveling and if I hadn't turned away from her - EXPOSURE - a heart that hasn't beat for anyone or anything in a long time would've been visible.

So...

I said fuck it.

Selfish, I'm all about me...

But now that there's another piece of myself, I don't know if that's what I can continue to be.

-Zayne

____________________________
I know it's short, but it's just a glimpse into Zayne's head... I tried to give y'all the impression of scattered thoughts, when your head is all over the place, know what I mean?

Anyway, please vote, comment, & share!

Also thanks for getting this to 1K reads 😳😬😬! I don't know how to act, but know that it's greatly appreciated!
💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

954K 43.3K 44
⚠THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY UNDER EDIT. I APOLOGIZE IF YOU COME ACROSS MISTAKES, BUT DO KNOW THEY ARE SLOWLY BEING FIXED. ENJOY READING⚠ Independent, ha...
94.8K 6K 30
A young, zealous, newlywed woman, Robyn Fenty begins working at a match making agency as a first step to her lifetime dream at being her own boss as...
10.1K 241 70
*Excerpt (Ch. one): He had just been picked for starting lineup and the chances for time off were damn near impossible. After their victory, he made...
7.5K 276 22
"Deja, I see you!" Logan yelled, shutting me up. "I've always seen you. I don't give a shit about your past or your job. I never did! Could you stop...