The Year of the Tiger (Book 3...

By RissaleWriter

It is summer, and Martha is back and ready to complete the last part of her three forms. But, unlike her last... More

Table of Contents
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
A/N: The Early Years of Martha Johnson

Chapter 8

940 95 10
By RissaleWriter

"So, how are you two going to sleep?" Mike asked. He leaned on his knees and looked at us, smirking.

"Ya, do we have to hear any moans and groans?" Nick asked.

"There better not," Dad commented, walking into the living room from the kitchen. He scowled at how close Matt and I were next to each other but didn't comment on it.

"Says the one that has been having sex with Mom and making nine kids," I shot back. "I am surprised that there aren't any little Johnson's running around."

Dad looked at the six of us in the living room and winked, smirking. "There will be if your mom stops the birth control."

I scrunched my face together as the twins groaned. "TMI, Dad," I said, and he laughed before he walked back to the kitchen.

"Well, you did say something," Faolon mused. He leaned back in his chair and studied us.

"Yes, but he didn't have to answer like that," I said, snuggling into my mate's side. "I don't need to know what they are doing in the bedroom."

"Ya, and you will not be doing it either, Martha," Nick said, and Mike nodded. "I can not believe that our baby sister has someone before us." He sniffled and wiped a fake tear from his eyes, and I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"If it makes you feel any better, Carter started to have a girlfriend when he was six," Matt said, putting his arm around me. "They broke it off because Carter said that the girl was too clingy for him." He shrugged his shoulder. "They are still hanging out, and I think that they might be a couple one day."

"Young love," I said, mockingly, and my brothers snorted. I placed my hand over my heart and fluttered my eyebrows together. "Speaking of which..." I turned to look at Nick and smirked. "You sure you aren't hiding something from us?"

Nick shifted in his seat and looked away from me. Nervousness and fear filled his eyes and face, and I could tell that he did not want others to know what I know. "I don't think so," he replied, pulling at the collar of his shirt.

"You know, I do want some burgers. Too bad we can't go on a date now." I glanced at my mate, raising an eyebrow.

"Such a shame," Matt replied, shaking his head. "But you and I are staying here and eating with your family and Alpha."

"I still want to know the sleeping arrangements," Nick said, glancing down before looking back at us. "I mean, are you two going to share a bed?"

I shrugged. "It depends on what our parents say," I replied. I didn't look at John because I knew that he knew that I hadn't been sleeping well. My body craved to be with my mate, and his scent hasn't been helping me any.

"Well, if it is all right with her parents, then I would like to sleep in the same room as her. My mom said that it would be fine as long as we did not do the nasty," Matt said, shrugging his shoulder. "I hadn't been sleeping well."

"Awww, so cute," Julie said, sarcastically coming into the living room with Mal. "Why do you sleep well when I am away?"

Mal grimaced and rubbed his side where Julie elbowed him. "Because I love sleep just as much as Martha. But, unlike her, I am not "mated" to you."

Julie gasped and placed her hand over her heart. Her eyes were wide, but I could see the amusement and merriment in them. "What do you mean by that?" she seethed, narrowing her eyes at her boyfriend.

Mal gulped and looked at us. His eyes were wide, and I could tell that he was thinking that he was in deep trouble. "Uh... I love you?" he asked, glancing at the ground. He shifted on his feet when Julie didn't say anything, and we silently chuckled at his misfortune.

"Quit being a butt, Jules," I teased. "I know that you know what he meant when he said about you two not being "mated"."

Julie glared at me, her lip moving upwards as she tried not to smile. "Shut up," she said. "Just because you two want to sleep together doesn't mean that you have to."

"Sorry for wanting decent sleep," I replied, sarcastically. "Why do you think I hang out in the woods almost every night?"

"Uh... patrolling?" Faolon asked, arching an eyebrow. He smirked when I scowled. "But I am with what they are saying. I don't know if I will be comfortable with you two sleeping in the same bed."

"They think I am going to "remind" you what we did last summer," Matt said, leaning closer to me. He smirked when I snorted "Though, we will be sleeping. I did bring some shirts for you."

I grinned and placed my head in his shirt. I took in a deep breath of his scent and loved the fact that he was here with me and not far away from me.

"It had been a tough six months with you planning on coming here and not keeping in contact with my sister," John said, watching us. There was something in his eyes that made me think that he had something like this, like what Matt and I had now. The grief that I had known was more evident in his eyes, and I was curious as to why.

"And, I am going to make it up to her," Matt promised. "Starting with a date tomorrow."

I glanced at my phone when it rang and saw an unknown number calling. "Maybe, maybe not. Excuse me." I got up from where I was seated by Matt and walked outside, not caring that I was followed by Brody.

I was going to tell them who called, but I wanted to know first. I just hoped that it was the woman that I had been helping...

***

"Martha Johnson speaking," I said, answering the phone. I furrowed my brows when I heard cussing at the other end but nothing else. "Hello?"

"Oh, ya, hi. It's Vanessa," the person over the phone said.

My whole body tensed when I heard her name. Worry and caution filled my body, and I was scared that she was calling because one of her children, or herself, were injured "Mrs. Vanessa? Are you all alright? Are the girls fine?" I asked. I waved my hand at Brody when he looked at me curiously.

Vanessa chuckled, softly. "Vanessa is still fine, Dear," she said. "And, yes, all three of us are fine. I had just talked to Shardul, the leader of the Tiger clan, and he wants to meet you the day after tomorrow." She paused and sighed. "My husband overheard me talking about you, and he wants to meet you tomorrow."

"Why does it sound like he isn't my biggest fan?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I leaned my back against the railing and looked at my house.

"He just..."

"Blames me for stuff? It's not the first time." I moved a hand through my hair and sighed. "Does he hold a position?" I asked, knowing full well that if he did, then I would have to work extra hard to get him to trust me.

Vanessa stayed silent and sighed. "Yes," she said, her voice soft. "He is the second in command."

"And he hurts you." I pursed my lips in disgust. "I will take care of him," I promised.

"No! Please, don't hurt him," she begged. "I-I-"

"I am not going to hurt him," I said, soothingly. "But, if he hurts you in front of me, then I cannot let it slide."

Vanessa sighed, and I could tell that she nodded her head. "Do you think that you will be able to come around fivish tomorrow? I do want to discuss you babysitting my children if you are up for it. I heard some people talking and say that you do a really good job with kids."

"If I am able to bring my dog with me, then yes," I replied, smiling. I was glad that people raved about me taking care of their children because it was something that I was good at. "If... they do come, while I am out training and you both are not at the house, then I will be able to sense something from him when something is wrong."

There was silence on the other end, and I could tell she was debating with herself. "Is he good with kids?"

"He is," I replied. "I've babysat a lot of kids from different families, and most do not have a problem with him being there. I call him my second pair of hands, well paws."

Vanessa chuckled. "All right," she said. "I will see you tomorrow at around fivish."

"I will see you around fivish," I promised. I hung up the phone and looked at my brother. "Well, it looks like I will be starting on the last bit of my training soon."

"Let's just hope that you will have time to finish it."

I pursed my lips but didn't say a word. I, also, hoped that I would be able to finish my training before anything bad happens.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438 23 40
Vol. 1/6 ✅️ "Your future - it is a path entwined with thorns. They try to grab you, to pull you into the deepest thicket - and they will succeed. You...
10.9K 908 80
Book 1 of 2 Aislinn Jones has had a unique problem for as long as she can remember: her dreams. They are vivid and haunting, and plague her whenever...
65.4K 2.9K 25
---WARNING! EXTREMELY CRINGY!--- Horse shifters and Werewolves When Alisa Adams (horse shifter) turns sixteen she wishes for a beautiful stallion tha...
25.2K 1.6K 32
"Hunters and Werewolves don't mate... do they?" Avery Williams lived in the lines of 'kill' or 'get killed'. Why would she get killed? Well, one, she...