Nothing's Ever Easy [BoyxBoy]

Galing kay SuckedInByBooks

[COMPLETED] Travis Dawn's life has never been easy. Living in the shadow of your best friend is tough, but he... Higit pa

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 1
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 2
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 3
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 4
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 5
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 6
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 7
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 8
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 9
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 10
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 11
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 12
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 13
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 14
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 16
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 18
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 19
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 20
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 21
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 22
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 23
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 24
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 25
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 26
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 28
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 29
Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 30 [Final]

Nothing's Ever Easy ~Chapter 27

1.7K 72 6
Galing kay SuckedInByBooks

New Chapter! Chapter 27!

Note: The first part of the chapter is around the end of January. The second part end of February/Mid-March

Thank you for reading guys. I love you all!!

The pic is of Adrian (It's been too long)

The video link is 'The Reason' by Hoobastank

ENJOOOOOOOY!

comment, vote, like, etc

~Landon~

I came home to find Claire glaring at me. I raised my eyebrows and gave her a challenging look. I wondered if she was going to say anything about what had happened at school. I knew that she either saw or heard the story already, judging by the looks she was throwing at me.

When she said nothing I shrugged and walked up the stairs to my room. I opened the door to my bedroom and left it open. I sat on the bed looking at the door. 

I smirked when Claire came in a few minutes later. She sat on a singe sofa that I used for gaming that was conveniently place at the foot of my bed, my TV was right opposite the of it too.

“A penny for your thoughts, sister?” I asked.

“I’m trying to make sense of the situation.” She gave me a confused look.

“It’s not that difficult to understand.” I said. “Dex was being inappropriate so I decided to put him in his place.”

“You punched him, Landon.” She stated.

“Yes, I did. Male or female, no one should be kissed without their permission. Even if it was only on the cheek.” I saw the crease in her brows go away.

“Did you know him?” She asked. “Well, enough for him to act that way.”

I then remembered that Claire had never met Dex. “Yes, he’s the son of one of dad’s business associates. He made a move on me a few months ago but I rejected him. We went out one but I explained to him that I was in love with someone else.” I said vaguely remembering the exact details.

“He promised not to come onto me again until I was sure and told me to call him when I had my mind made up.”

“You never called him?”

“No. That was why I was angry. I just got things sort of on the right track with Travis today and he could have ruined it.”

“So Travis didn’t see?” She asked. “It was after school. Everyone was outside then.”

“I hope not.” I said with a bit of worry in my tone. “After what happened a few weeks ago, it would crush him if he saw.”

“What happened a few weeks ago?” She asked, extremely interested in hearing my answer.

“Travis- he, uh, well he said that he loves me.” I furrowed my brows and stammered as I said this.

“What? And you guys are still not together. I thought he kicked you out when you came home looking like a wounded puppy.” I gave her a look of slight hurt. “You don’t have a very good track record, Landon. No offence.”

“None bloody taken.” I ground out. “I tried to tell him but Brock called.”

“It’s always Brock.” she sighed.

“That’s what I thought too until today.” She gave me a questioning glance so I continued. “He told me today-  just before the issue with Dex- that Brock called because he wanted to get some flower arrangements for his mother’s funeral. Of course, I felt like an idiot afterwards. I jumped to conclusions and lost my chance.”

“It was an honest mistake.” Claire said moving to sit next to me on the bed. “Travis and Brock were together, it’s different.”

“That’s what you say, Claire.” I sighed. “Travis- he means so much to me. We went from cussing each other in the hallways to him being the most important person in my life, apart from you. I feel like a part of me is missing. I hate being this weak but who else can I tell? I’ve never wanted, needed anything so bad as I need him.”

“You can tell him.” She suggested.

“I’ve tried, more than once just in case you’ve forgotten.” I shook my head.

“You know how he feels, the ball’s in your court now.” She said. “Go to him and tell him everything that you just told me.”

“I don’t know where he stays.” I admitted.

“Luckily I’m still good friends with Evelyn.” She said and handed me a piece of paper with an address on it.

“You were expecting this.” I said.

“It had to happen sometime. I thought that it was better to be prepared.” She shrugged. She stood up and hugged me. “Go get him.”

I scoffed but gave her a look that conveyed my thanks. I watched as she left the room then promptly got up searching my room for my phone’s charger and a clean T-shirt to wear. Two hours in a car would not to well for me if I was nervously sweating the entire ride there.

The ride gave me a lot of time and space to think. I would frown and then suddenly light up with an idea that had formed then be reduced back to nothing after I figured that it wouldn’t work.

I thought of buying a gift or at least a bouquet of flowers for Travis but he wouldn’t like that. He’d throw it back in my face saying that I was attempting to buy his affection. Sometimes he was so difficult.

I couldn’t understand how fucked up fate was. It put me in one position the first minute then sent a truck to come crashing into me in the next, figuratively speaking, of course.

Just over two house later I turned down a road that hardly had anything on it except trees that formed a border-like scene at the sides of the road. It looked rather hypnotising. I had almost forgotten to make a quick left turn.

I pulled up in front of a large black gate. I sighed when I saw that the place was obviously guarded. God, a person would think that someone famous lived here.

I pressed the button on the intercom and heard an older man ask in the most bored tone, “Yes? Can I help you?”

Touchy guy. “Uh, I’m a friend of Travis’. My name’s Landon Baxter.”

“I’ll notify Mr. Dawn that you are here.”

“No don’t!” I said quickly. “Please don’t call Travis. I could talk to Evelyn instead.”

“I’ll call her out but I can’t let you in. She’ll be able to tell me whether you can come on the premises.” He said unapologetically.

“Okay fine.” I finally agreed.

I didn’t have to wait long. A few minutes later I saw a figure walking quickly towards me. Evelyn waved when she saw me and I gave a small wave back.

“Landon.” She said as she approached the car from a side gate. “How did you find out where we live?”

“I’m sure you know.” I smirked. “Can you let me in please? I really need to talk to Travis.”

“Is it because of what I think it is?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Depends if we’re thinking the same thing.” I sighed. “Evelyn, I really do need to speak to him. It can’t wait.”

“Okay fine, I’ll buzz you in. Wait for me at the door.” I nodded and drove in when the gates opened.

I put my car in park next to a gorgeous black BMW. I whistled as I got out of the car. I noticed Evelyn com ing towards me and I stepped back, turning my attention away from the car.

“i can honestly tell you that I don’t knowing whether he’ll be happy or angry to see you here.” She said as soon as she reached me. “He might be a bit…surprised.”

“Yea, let’s leave it at surprised.” i said and that in turn ended the conversation.

When we got inside I was taken aback at the the beauty of the house. Whoever decorated it did an excellent job.

I heard people laughing and I looked to Evelyn. “We have friends over.” I nodded in understanding.

She led me towards the lounge and I saw quite a few people filling up the area. They were playing some game that I didn’t recognise. At my entry, a few people looked up at me.

“Who is this gorgeous hunk of a guy?” A girl with long brunette hair tied back in a pony tail asked.

Travis looked up when she asked this. He moved his piece by accident and was kicked out of the game.

“Hey Travis.” I said sheepishly.

He got up and came to stand in front of me. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m trying to make things right.” I rubbed the back of my neck. “Can we talk somewhere?”

“He looked to the group then back at me and nodded. “We can go upstairs to my room.”

There were a few catcalls as Travis escorted me up the stairs. We said nothing to each other as we walked and I was immensely thankful for that.

I was led into a room that showed so much more of Travis’ personality than his old room. Travis closed the door after he came inside.

“So what did you want to talk about?” He asked sitting on the bed while he gestured for me to sit on the seat at his desk.

“I’m really hoping that nothing fucks this up this time because that would suck.” I started. “I was mistaken and jumped to conclusions, Travis. I need to know, do you still love me?”

“I hardly see how a few short weeks would change my feelings for you.” He shrugged. I gave him a questioning look. “Yes Landon, I still love you.”

“Okay, I’m honestly not expecting anything, I though it’d be good to let you know. Travis, I love you too.”

“What?” At Travis’ expression I remembered that I had never told him before.

“I love you too.” I whispered.

Travis said nothing and stared at me with his jaw hanging slack. He stared at me and I was starting to feel a bit awkward.

“Travis? Are you okay?” I asked him.

He nodded slowly. “I’m trying to process what you just said.” I nodded and gave him as much time to get used to this as I could. Luckily, it didn’t take too long. 

Tears started streaming down Travis’ cheeks and I started panicking. “Fuck, Travis? I’m sorry okay. Please don’t cry.”

“Only you would say sorry for my reaction” He chuckled. “I’m okay. I just never thought I’d ever hear you say that.”

I stood up and gestured for him to do the same. I pulled him to me and let his head rest on my chest. It felt so good to have him close to me like this again. I didn’t know how much I’d missed this until now. I held him closer and tighter, never wanting to let him go.

“I’m not going to apologise for whatI was or what I did before we got together.” I said looking into Travis’ eyes. “I did things that sorry- it wouldn’t even begin to make anything better. But do know this, you Travis, are the reason why I can be proud of who I am. You make me want to be better and I thank God for bringing you into my life everyday.”

“So what now?” He asked with tear-stained cheeks.

I wiped away the remained of the tears with my thumb. “I don’t know.”

“I want to be with you, Landon.” He said.

“I do too.” I replied.

“It’s just…” He trailed off.

“I know, I understand.” I smiled. “There’s a lot to do first.”

“They don’t seem to mater so much anymore.” Travis sighed.

“I feel the same but I don’t want anything else to get in the way of us.” I said. “When we’re together I want it to only be me and you.”

He nodded. “So what’s your plan? I’m thinking you have one.” I smirked at him.

“When all this is over, when we’re done, we’ll be free to be together. No distractions.” I said.

“But for now we’ll be tougher, but we won’t be together?” He furrowed his brows.

“That’s one way to put it.” I raised my eyebrows.

“What about that guy? The one from earlier.” I sighed. So he saw that.

“Dex is an idiot.” I said. “I told him I was in love with someone else but the message didn't really get across. He got it now though. Sign, sealed and delivered.”

Travis laughed. “This is going to be a very difficult few months.”

“Tell me about it.” I growled. “Nothing’s stopping us from hanging out though I’m not letting you slip out of my fingers again, Travis.”

“Agreed.” He smiled.

I leaned down and saw his breath hitch. I turned his face to the side and kissed him on the cheek. “When it’s all over.” I promised.

I winked at Travis and walked to the door. I glanced once more back at Travis before going downstairs to my car. I saw Travis looking down at me from his window and I waved at him. As I drove off I felt that things were finally falling into place. 

***

~Adrian~

I sighed as I looked over my History notes. I ran my fingers through my hair. I couldn’t understand why these facts weren’t staying in my head. I would study and know all my work and the second I took a break, I would forget everything that I had learned.

i pulled on my hair and groaned in frustration. My exam was in two months and if I continued forgetting my work then I was doomed to fail. 

I got a bit of a fright when I heard my phone vibrate. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Evelyn. I cleared my throat as I answered the call.

“Hey, babe.” I said.

“So we are still together.” She said. “You’ve been extremely scarce.”

“I’m sorry, Evelyn. I have so much work to do.” At the mention of my work I looked back down to my books.

“I know but it’s like I don’t even exist to you anymore.” 

“Of course you do and I wish we could spend more time together but it’s the finals, you know that. I need to pass. The scholarship is riding on that.” I sighed. “They already agreed to accept me if my grades match up, even after I begged them. It’s not that common for being to change their minds so late in the application process.”

We hardly see each other, Adrian. How am I supposed to feel? I would never make you choose between me and your school work but aren’t I important too?” Evelyn asked. I rubbed circles on my temple with my fingers.

“Evelyn, what you’re doing is not fair and you know that.” I put a little edge into my tone. “I said that if I could, I would make all the time for you, but I can’t. My schedule is too full right now. For the moment, my exams are the most important thing. Nothing else matters.”

So I don’t matter to you?” Her voice broke.

“Evelyn, come on, I didn’t mean-”

“I’ve got to go. Good night, Adrian.” She said before she hung up.

I stared at my phone and closed my eyes for a moment. I had to deal with Evelyn’s complaints- whining- on top of worrying about the upcoming exams. As if that didn’t put any more on my already filled plate.

 I was just about to get into my bed when I saw my phone light up. I had put it on silent earlier after Evelyn’s phone call. Thankfully, I had managed to learn and remember my work.

I opened the text and smiled when I read it.

I would never say this out loud or repeat it…EVER

I was a bit of a bitch earlier. I’m sorry and I understand.

You need time to study and I’ll give it to you. Call me when you can.

Good luck. I love you

-E

I put my alarm on and put my phone on the nightstand before I laid down in my bed. I was glad at how the day ended. And I was also thankful for Evelyn for understanding. Maybe I would take her on an awesome date after the exams were over. I closed my eyes with the images of Evelyn and that stupid History text book floating around. I frowned at the latter but shrugged it off. At least I could sleep with a peaceful mind. 

***

A/N: Soooooo? What did you guys think?

The last POV is a bit short. Sorry about that. I have the flu and last night I felt like dying, but anything for you my dear readers. I can't NOT upload.

Thanks for sticking with the story this far. As I've mentioned in one of the previous chapters, it's almost finished. :(

Thanks for the reads

 Much Love...

  Carrie♥♥

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

270K 11.4K 49
" But the dare is so easy, all you gotta do is pass the chocolate." " Through a kiss! " College life is already hard but Cale's friends had decided t...
46.9K 1.5K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
52.2K 2.6K 24
BOYXBOY | DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T LIKE RAINBOWS πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ TRIGGER WARNING: Suicidal thoughts and cutting. You have been warned. Skye Vernoy is the quiet...
150K 4.8K 16
β€’COMPLETEDβ€’ After a long, boring night at a party, Lucas has to drag his wasted best friend home and try to sober him up before bed. What happens wh...