Reflecting their own light: R...

Autorstwa MindyRoot

Picking up where the revival left off, we find Rory and Logan making their own way. They say there are two si... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 0.5 (Preface)
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6.5
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 12.5
Chapter 13.5
Chapter 14.5
Chapter 15.5
Chapter 16.5
Chapter 17.5
Chapter 18.5
Chapter 19.5
Chapter 20.5
Chapter 21.5
Chapter 22.5
Chapter 23.5
Chapter 24.5
Chapter 25.5
Chapter 26.5
Chapter 27.5
Chapter 28.5
Chapter 29.5
Chapter 30.5
Chapter 31.5
Chapter 32.5
Chapter 33.5
Chapter 34.5
Chapter 35.5
Epilogue

Chapter 3.5

2.4K 52 5
Autorstwa MindyRoot

Did she really say yes to me?  Were my dreams finally coming true?  I had waited so long for this moment, and, now, it was my reality!  Our baby was just the cherry on top of the sundae!  My thoughts were interrupted by Rory's cell phone ringing.

"Hi, Mom," she said answering her phone.

(Pause)

"About that, I'm in New York....with Logan...." she paused.  "Mom?"

(Pause)

"No, Mom.  He's not engaged to her.  He's taking charge of his own life.  Mitchum is in the hospital after a massive heart attack.  They had a talk about Logan making his own decisions, and that included me.  Logan knows about the baby and we are getting married," she replied.

(Pause)

"Mom, let's not have this conversation over the phone.  I know what I'm getting into.  How about we all get together for dinner?  Let's plan for tomorrow night.  I'll let you know the details later.  Right now, Logan and I have some very important issues to discuss," she suggested.

(Pause)

Rory ended the call and looked at me.  I was a bit concerned.  Rory's end of the conversation didn't sound all that good, and it seemed that she hadn't told Lorelai all of the details.  I could make that much out, but I really only caught one end of the conversation.  I let her sit for a few minutes, keeping my arm around her shoulder, but curiosity got the better of me.

"Ace, what's going on in that head of yours?" I said, breaking the silence.

I try to read her, but it seems like she's off in her own world.  She must be very lost in her own thoughts.

"Ace?" I said, trying to bring her back to this realm.  Her blank expression suddenly shifts as she snaps back to reality.

"Logan, we need to figure things out.  Then we can face our families.  As you heard, we are having dinner with my mom and Luke tomorrow."

"Things are going to move a little faster than I had originally planned, but I'm perfectly happy with an expedited plan.  I had planned on proposing before I found out you were expecting," I stated.

"I'd like something small and intimate, if you don't mind.  I want to keep this low key," she said.

"I'm fully amenable to that, Ace.  I've never been a fan of the grandiose weddings," I replied.  In fact, I've pretty much despised them, but felt as if it were inevitable for me.  I've always loved the fact that, despite her complexity, she liked to keep things simple.  Rory didn't need a lot of pomp and circumstance.

I was relieved to be on the same page.  We discussed the details of the wedding, hashing through idea after idea, and talking for hours.  We hit a snag when it came to the venue.  I figured we could fly a few people to Vegas and do a little wedding out there.  I wasn't thinking one of the tacky chapels, but she was set against anywhere in Vegas.  I nixed the idea of doing it in Stars Hollow.  It was a charming town, but there were too many unknowns there.  I didn't want to talk about the possibility of paparazzi.  She didn't need that kind of stress.  Vegas is risky, too, but it's easier to hide in plain sight there.  Then Rory suggested hosting it at the Gilmores' home in Hartford.  It sounded like a perfect solution.  It was guaranteed to be significantly smaller and it's easily controlled.

This opened up a can of worms I had nearly forgotten about: Emily Gilmore, the reigning matriarch of the Gilmore clan.  I know she's always liked me, but I got her one and only grandchild pregnant...out of wedlock.  Rory wasn't sixteen, but she was still unwed at this point.  Hopefully, the expedited time table would appease her because she was someone I didn't want as an enemy, despite the fact Rory said she'd mellowed considerably.  I had no doubt, in my mind, that Emily was still a force to be reckoned with.

Eventually, we were both exhausted.  Mine was due to some lingering jet lag.  I'm sure Rory was more so than me because it's tiring business growing a tiny human.  I made dinner reservations for tomorrow night.  Then we threw in the towel and crawled into bed.  I wrapped my arms around my beautiful fiancé.  She was a perfect fit, just as she'd always been.  I was more content that I had been in a long time, even without ravishing this gorgeous creature in my bed.  Within minutes, she was asleep, and I followed soon after.

The next morning, I woke up before Ace.  I managed to untangle myself and slipped out of bed undetected.  I did not want to wake her, but I needed to take a shower and find some food.  The beast within was starting to get noisy.  I also knew that I'd better go check in at the office.  After my shower, I shot a message to my realtor.  I was already going to look for a place in the city, I just needed to modify my search.  I went to the kitchen and made some breakfast.  I don't cook all that often, but this was a celebration.  I brewed some real coffee, even I couldn't deal too much with the decaf.  It defeats the purpose of coffee.  I made pancakes, sausage, eggs, and bacon.  I had a small plate for myself before I dished one up for Rory.  I grabbed a tray, put on the plate of food and coffee.  I brought it into the bedroom, hoping she'd be awake by now.  She was starting to sit up when I walked in.  I set the tray in front of her.

"Eat up, Ace!"

"Logan, this looks and smells wonderful, especially the coffee!  You are the best!"

I leaned down for a kiss.  "You'll need your energy!  We've got a big day ahead of us."

"A big day?" she asked.

"Well, this apartment has only one room.  We are going to need to find something bigger.  We may as well work on that now.  I thought we could go see a few places this afternoon.  Then, tonight, we've got the big dinner-"

"With my mom and Luke.  Don't remind me.  I guess I hadn't even noticed there was only one bedroom here.  I was definitely distracted yesterday," she replied.

"I need to go into the office for a couple hours to check in on things.  Relax.  This is your home now.  I'll be back around 1, is that ok?"

"Wow, I guess I do live here now.  Actually, I have to do some work for the Gazette this morning.  This works out perfectly.  Don't forget to send the car to pick up Mom and Luke.  He hates driving in the city.  I love you, Logan.  Thank you for being so wonderful!"

"I love you, too, Ace!" I replied and kissed her on the cheek.

I left the apartment and headed for the office.  I hated leaving her alone like this, but I needed to find my balance with home and work.  With my father out of the picture for the time being, it was up to me to run things.  I couldn't slack because I was the boss' son, or the interim boss.  I will admit that I'm damn excited to go home for once.  Before it just felt so empty, even with Odette there.

I tried to not let myself get terribly distracted and focused on work, but it was Finn's turn to harass me.

How did it go with the lovely Rory?

-How do you think it went, Finn?

Bad.  Very, very bad and she's never going to talk to any of us ever again.

-Quite the opposite, my friend.

Intrigue...do tell!  Please tell me there was a lot of scotch!

-No scotch.

None?  How's that a good thing?

-Everything is perfect!

You proposed?  She said yes?

-And there's more...

What else could there possibly be?  Did you two elope already?  I'll be pissed if you did and didn't invite your best friend!  That's shit!  You can't run off and get married without your best friend, Logan!

-NO, we didn't elope, Finn!  We wouldn't do that to everyone.

Good, because you had me worried!  You know how much we love you two, Mate!

-I know and I'm sure she knows, too.

So, what's the more?

-Rory's pregnant.

Pregnant?  Is it ours?

-Do you know something I don't?

I think I'm gonna be an uncle!

-Yes, you are.  I gotta put out a couple fires here.  We'll talk more later!

Send Mother my best!

-Will do, bye, Finn!

My shortened day was over before I knew it.  On the ride back to my apartment, I got a message from Colin.

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I'M GONNA BE AN UNCLE?!

-I had a lot on my plate today and figured Finn would tell everyone who needed to know.

He did, but it doesn't mean I don't want to hear it from the horse's mouth!

-Sorry, Colin.  Like I said, things are kind of a whirlwind with Rory.

And I couldn't be more excited for you two!  It's about damn time!  Congrats, bro!

-Thanks.  It means a lot to me!  To us!

I unlocked the door and went into the apartment.  I didn't see Rory anywhere.

"Ace?" I paused for a moment looking around some more.

"Hello?" I called out a second time.

"Logan, I'm in the bathroom," I hear Rory call out from the bathroom.  "Ummm...could you grab me a towel, please?"

I grabbed two towels from the linen closet on my way to the bathroom.  I opened the door and saw her standing there, naked and vulnerable.  She was stunning, even in her attempt to be modest.  I wanted to stay and admire her...up close, but I left her for a few moments.  When she didn't come out, I went back in to check on her.  She was lost in thought, which seemed to be a running theme.  I couldn't blame her though.  Things were a little chaotic, and I couldn't imagine what the hormones were doing to her.

I slid up behind Rory and wrapped my arms around her waist.  I thought she was going to jump out of her skin and caught me off guard.

"Are you ok?"

"I've just been thinking about how the baby will change my body," she replied, and proceeded to tell me the story Lorelai told her every year, on her birthday, about her experience giving birth to Rory.  I chuckled.

"Your mother is quite a remarkable woman, and I know there's a lot of her in you.  I can see it with every passing day.  We'll deal with those things one day at a time.  This all seems like too much to take in, but it's not.  You've got this, Ace!  I'll be with you every step of the way.  You have more strength than you'll ever know.  Remember, you don't need saving!  I know you, and you'll do great!" I said as I held her tighter gently kissing her neck.  Damn, this meeting with the realtor!  This is an exercise in self-restraint!  "Now, we need to get you ready.  We are meeting the realtor at 2."

I held her for another moment, trying to gain my self-control.  I loved this woman and couldn't get enough of her!  I was the luckiest man in the world!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

18.9K 473 41
Mature content involved read with caution: I do not own the rights to any of these Characters as they are owned by Amy Sherman-Palladino This story t...
399K 6.1K 72
A story that starts immediately after those fateful four words. How will things pan out for Rory and Logan? Will he be involved in his child's life...
59.5K 1.2K 17
With those final four words, the lives of the Gilmore Girls were forever changed. Is their love enough for them to find their way back together, or...
17K 700 17
Starts off at "Wedding Bell Blues" Slightly AU- Rory and Logan start out the way they did on the show. However, Rory is still a virgin and Logan is n...