Forgotten | YJ

By asterousasfrick

• #4 IN #DADDYBATS • The Young Justice team has a big problem when Robin, their youngest member of thirteen... More

→ BABY SITTING ←
→ TROUBLE IN HAPPY HARBOR ←
→ NIGHTMARES ←
→ TEARS & HOLDING HANDS ←
→ SUSPICION + REDHEADS = TROUBLE ←
→ THREE DAYS ←
→ OOPS ←
→ FOOD FIGHT ←
Important message
NEW STORY PUBLISHED: SUSPECTED

→ WELCOME TO MOUNT JUSTICE ←

8K 303 98
By asterousasfrick

This book is being rewritten. All of the previous content is being deleted, however the chapters will not be deleted. I'm proud of the votes that I have gotten on this book, so that's why. This is the first chapter of the rewrite.

---

It was quite surprising to say the least. Batman had never allowed him to visit Mount Justice, aka the league's headquarters, considering he "wasn't ready" which undoubtedly irritated the eight year old boy. So why was he laying in a med lab, located in the mountain?

Robin awoke on a comfortable blue cot, silence filling the supplied room. There were other beds and many machines connected to them, and bright lights handing overhead. The room smelled like a hospital. That was unsurprising considering it was a med lab.

'Duh, Grayson.' The boy thought to himself, mentally face palming.

It was also obvious that he was in Mount Justice because of the jagged stone walls, and plus he had hacked the security from the Batcave. No big deal. He was only grounded for a few days, nothing he hadn't dealt with before.

Silently rising from the bed, he realized that he was still in his uniform. It was a bit large on him for some reason, and the mask on his face barely fit. As he stood, he found out that the cape was much too long, and he almost tripped over it. Robin's golden coloured utility belt hung loosely around his waist, and his gloves were too big for his tiny hands.

Accepting the fact that the gloves wouldn't stay on like most of his clothing, he casually took them off and threw them on the bed he previously woke up on.

Could this morning get any more odd? It could, actually. Robin would soon find out.

'I should find Bruce so he can explain this mess.'

He waddled towards the door, struggling to walk in the boots on his feet. There was so much space for his toes, that he could probably fit an entire plate of Alfred's cookies in them.

'Mm. Cookies.' He thought dreamily, thinking of the soft and warm cookies Alfred always makes.
'Ugh. No. Focus! Find Bruce, then eat cookies.' Robin reminded himself, regaining focus on the task at hand.

The door opened easily after he slid the door, revealing a long hallway, light at the end of it.

'I guess there is always light at the end of a tunnel.'

Robin trudged into the hallway, his shoes making a clamp sound when he took a step, and his long cape following behind. He could fix his outfit later, right now he needed to get to the light. That was probably where Bruce was, right?

Reaching the doorway, he cautiously stopped. Joker or Two-Face could be around the corner, or there could be a giant uranium bomb hooked to a tripwire, or aliens could've invaded the mountain... Robin took a silent intake of breath, and scouted the area by the enterance. No tripwire, no bomb, no crazy psychotic clown, no crazy psychotic man with a half messed up face, no alie- never mind, there was an alien!

She was green! And not only was there an alien, but there was a giant white wolf next to her. She was happily... Cooking? And the large fluffy wolf lay on the floor next to her. The wolf was scary, but he thought it was kind of cute. Robin took in a whiff of the air that smelt of maple syrup and pancakes. Why was the alien cooking pancakes?

Oh well. All he knew is that he wanted some too.

Unfortunately, his angle of view from the doorway only revealed the Martian- not the other six people located in the room. Needless to say that when Robin walked in nonchalantly, it was a bit awkward.

Scratch that.

It was unbelievably awkward.

The teens didn't expect the boy to walk in- the clamping sound of his shoes alarming them. They immediately stood, looking up at the boy in a Robin uniform. Their jaws hung open when they saw the overly large clothing, and the mask that was too vast for his face. He looked a bit tired and pale, and his black hair hung more over his masked face. He gave a small yawn, stretching out his arms as he did so.

"Hi." He greeted in a very casual, neutral tone.

Aside from the Martian and the dog, there was a tan skinned girl with a blonde ponytail. There was a dark skinned male with blonde hair, who stood by a dark skinned girl. There was a redhead who was holding a bag of potato chips, and a girl with black hair and bright blue eyes. Lastly, there was a tall boy with a Superman shirt on, who looked exactly like Superman. But, a bit younger of course.

"R-Robin?" The boy with gills stuttered, his eyes wide.
The eight year old tilted his head in confusion, and replied, "that would be me."
"But you're..." The blonde girl started, but was interrupted by wannabe Superman. "Not our Robin."

The dark skinned girl and the girl with black hair shared confused glances, and the redhead boy had his mouth hanging wide open. The alien stood awkwardly in the kitchen, the large wolf by her side growling.

"Whoever you are, get rid of the uniform and go home to mommy and daddy." Wannabe Superman snapped with a strong glare, but that was nothing compared to the fury building inside Robin.

No one disrespects his parents. Especially not Superman wannabes.

He wanted nothing more than to grab a hunk of kryptonite and shove it up his ass (he assumed wannabe was Kryptonian) but Robin knew his limits. He couldn't show weakness to these strangers.

"Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions, you'd let me talk." Robin replied with a scowl, and Artemis could've sworn she heard a growl emit from his throat.

The teens walked towards the entrance where Robin stood, all of them now in front of him. The dark skinned boy walked in front and spoke, "it appears you are mistaken. You are not our Robin, wherever he is. Please explain yourself."

"Well there's only one Robin, right? You know, protege of Batman." Robin answered, making sure to put plenty of emphasis on the word Batman. Megan couldn't help but giggle quietly over his adorable voice.
"You aren't Robin." Rocket pointed out.
"I am, too." Robin countered childishly.
"Are not."
"Am too."
"Are not!"
"Am too!"
"Are not!"

"ENOUGH!" The redheaded speedster shouted, turning faces his way.
"Rob is my best friend. All I have to do is ask him a few questions privately and then we'll know." He continued.

So, that's what they did. Wally made Superboy promise to not listen in while the duo left the room. Wally and Robin walked into the hallway- well, Robin struggled with the oversized cape and shoes. But they were eventually alone so Wally began to ask questions.

"What's your name?" He questioned.
"Robin."
"No, your full name."
"Robin the Boy Wonder."
"Your secret identity."
"That information is classified."

The speedster groaned. "Dude please. I know your identity already and your backstory, so just tell me what it is so we can clarify that it's actually you."

"Batman says to never tell anyone my secret ID." The younger boy answered with a poker face, and Wally once again groaned in defeat.

"Dick Grayson." Wally said with a smile tugging at his lips.
Robin paled and stiffened. "W-what? H-how did you..."
"Like I said. Plus, you told me bro. Now all we gotta do is fix the whole age slash memory thing!"

Robin rolled his eyes under his mask.

---

"Alright guys, turns out Robbie here is our Robin! Now we have to... Oh no... Tell Batman..." The speedster claimed while walking back into the room with the eight year old at his side.

Megan squealed, and flew towards the miniature Robin. "You're so cute!"
"He is adorable." Zatanna pointed out.
"I guess he is kinda cute." Artemis admitted, smiling.

Robin didn't seem to be bothered by all the attention. "I know, right?" He said in agreement, causing Connor and Wally to roll their eyes in annoyance (and a bit of jealousy) whereas Kaldur just looked a bit worried.

The teenagers introduced themselves to the younger Robin, and you'd hear the occasional giggle from the girls who were fawning over him. Robin was honestly starting to get a bit stressed out and maybe a bit intimidated. He needed to find Batman, and he really wanted some of Alfred's cookies.

"Can we please make cookies?" The boy begged, bouncing on his toes.
"Of course! You guys call Batman while Robin and I make the cookies." Megan suggested- more like ordered, and ushered the smaller boy into the kitchen.

Kaldur left to call Batman, while the others gathered in the living space. "What about the pancakes?" Superboy pointed out, who seemed to be the only one who had remembered their morning plans.

"Eh, it's fine. I'm up for some cookies." Wally said with a shrug.
"Well yeah, cause your metabolism. Idiot." Artemis countered, smacking him upside the head.
"Ow!"

---

"The cookies are in the oven!" The Martian cheered, smiling at Robin who was sitting on the countertop. He had snuck cookie dough a few times, luckily she hadn't noticed.

Suddenly, Kaldur entered the room with a grim look on his face. "Batman has arrived. He must speak with all of us."

The teens exchanged worried glances, and slowly walked towards the debriefing room. Robin skipped along happily, excited to finally see his mentor and figure out this huge mess.

---
To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.6K 659 31
Dick grayson a.k.a the first robin now Nightwing dies after a mission with the YJ team. He gives flasdrives to the original YJ team, the bat family...
93.5K 4.5K 54
While on a mission, things get out of hand and the groups end up splitting. Robin is hunted and shot twice in the abdomen. He manages to escape them...
110K 3.1K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...