Voldemort's Soft Spot.

By JillNapier

Ava Wilson has no idea she's as special as Harry Potter, she has no idea who her father is or why she feel a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1, year one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YEAR 2, chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Year 3 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Year 4 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Year 5 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Year 6 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 6

13.8K 343 136
By JillNapier

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story, it belongs to J.K. Rowling. I only own what I come up with.

Vote and comment please! I really want to know what you guys think of the chapters! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

The time had flew and it was already early december, almost Christmas break. Harry and I have been teaching the D.A. lessons eagerly at least 2 times a week now. Everyone was showing much more improvement, I was extremely proud of them.

" Students, If you would like and opportunity for extra credit, come by my office and join the inquisitorial squad...." Professor Umbridges voice boomed the advertisement for the hundredth time this month.

" I think she must have an idea about what we are doing, why else would she be talking about the inquisitorial squad." I whispered to my friends as we sat under the tree by the lake.

" I don't know how she could have found out...I jinxed the parchment when everyone signed their name...they literally can't tell anyone about the D.A.... if she does know about us...it's not because one of our members ratted us out." Hermione said.

"Guys..." Harry said excitedly

" Who could know about us then? Seriously I want to know why Umbridge is creating that stupid squad...all she's doing is getting loads more kids in trouble." Ron said.

" Guys..." Harry said again.

I laughed " That's what she wants Ron, she wants people to be in trouble."

" Guys!!!" Harry shouted.

We looked at him in alarm.

" What...!" Ron said sticking his finger in his ear like Harry had made it go deaf.

" Look!! Hagrid's back!!" Harry said pointing toward Hagrid's hut, where a window was lit and the chimney was issuing smoke.

" Oh my goodness!" Hermione said excitedly. " Come on guys! Let's go see him!"

" I can't, I have to study..." I lied easily.  I had a date with Draco, it was our 8 month anniversary. It's not that I don't want to see Hagrid, but I already knew what my friends were going to do... they were going to question Hagrid about what he was doing. I already had all this information, so I was going to go to my date. " But please tell me how Hagrids doing."

" But..." Harry started, but I had already walked away. I headed toward the seventh floor. No one ever goes up there except for the D.A. members...but that's only when we have meetings...so Draco and I always had privacy.

I walked up a hallway beside the room of requirement and saw Draco sitting on the windowseat staring out the window

I walked up to him and smiled.

" Hey Draco. Happy 8 month!" I said sitting down beside him.

" Hey, beautiful...and you too. it's amazing how the time flies isn't it." he said as he leaned over and kissed me quickly on the lips.

" I'll say...so how was your day?" I asked as I pulled myself over to him so I was in his arms.

" It's better now. All I did was endure agonizing hours of listening to Pansy talk about how many children we will have when we get out of Hogwarts." He said gagging.

I felt jealousy erupt inside me but I squelched it as I said indifferently " And how many will you have?"

" None...if I do say so myself...I won't endure the horror of marrying her...but she has it stuck in her head that we will have 10." He said smirking.

" Ten kids?? That's even more kids than the Weasley's have!" I said in disbelief.

" She wants to spread the pure blood image." Draco said flinching in disgust. " There is no way, that girl is going to have 10 kids with me, I'd rather die."

I laughed and said " Wierd, considering she's your girlfriend."

" Hey, you know I'm only going out with her to make sure that no one gets suspicious about us." he said pointing to himself and me. " I have been her boyfriend for a few years now, people are used to seeing us together, If I broke it off, people would wonder why."

" I know." I said unhappily. I hated the thought of them together, especially while I'm with him.

" Ok, not to change the subject...but correct me if I'm wrong... but I heard that you joined the inquisitorial squad." I said sighing as I looked out the window.

" That I did." he said smirking.

" May I ask why you are sucking up to Umbridge." I said grumpily.

" I'm not sucking up..." Draco began.

I then shot him a disbelieving look and he said hasilty" Ok... I am...but that's only because my father wants me too...it would make him look good to the ministry...besides Umbridge wants us to catch Potter doing something, and I would do anything to bust Potter."

" Catch Harry doing something?" I asked questioningly.

" Yeah... she told us that she has reason to believe that Harry has a secret organization going on... she wants us to figure out what it is, and she wants us to catch him...it's ridiculous right...I don't think Potter's that thick as to actually have a secret organization going behind her back...It'll only lead to trouble..." Draco said rolling his eyes.

" Well...." I said biting my lip.

" Haha! Don't tell me it's true!" Draco laughed as he saw my expression. " He actually is that stupid??... Should've known."

" If he's stupid, than so am I. Because I'm in said organization." I said crossing my arms and staring defiantly at him.

He frowned and said tensely " What kind of organization is it."

" We call it the D.A. Short for Dumbledore's army. We are teaching ourselves Defense since Umbridge won't teach us."

I was suddenly glad that Hermione had let us sign the parchment before she jinxed it, because then I wouldn't be able to tell this to Draco. I trusted Draco with my life, and I knew he wouldn't betray me, even if he was all buddy with Umbridge. He cared about me to much to even think about betraying me.

" Ava, that's dangerous! Are you trying to get yourself expelled!" Draco said angrily " I'm not sure if you know this, but that's why Umbridge was sent here! Fudge thinks that..."

"....Dumbledore's making a private army... I know." I said cuddling into his side, ignoring his sudden anger. He was only worried about me, and it made me feel good inside to know that.

Draco's arm tightened around me and pulled me on top of him so I was straddling him. He wanted to look me in the eye. He was face to face with me and I blushed at our position. He didn't seem to notice... he was glaring at me.

His face was so close to mine that our noses were touching.

" Ava! What are you thinking! You KNOW that Umbridge was sent to this school for that reason, yet you still disobey her! Ava... YOU....COULD....BE....EXPELLED. Are you stupid? Do you want to leave me here at Hogwarts, left with no one but Pansy?"

" No! Of course not!" I said angrily at the mention of Pansy.

" Then why are you joining this stupid club! You are already advanced in everything! You don't have anything left to learn even! Why would you go through the hastle of relearning this crap! It's dangerous!" Draco said fervently " You do realize that Umbridge has people from the inquisitorial squad follwing Potter around, right? If you guys keep sneaking off...eventually you will get caught!"

" I'm their teacher! and what did you say??...People are following Harry around?" I gasped.

" YOU'RE THE TEACHER?!?! AVA, THAT MAKES IT MUCH WORSE FOR YOU! ugh! Yes! She's had them following Potter and his friends for awhile now! You are being careless! It's only a matter of time before she catches you... and then you will be expelled... you probably wouldn't get a trial either....she hates you lot to much!"

" Oh..." I said feeling weak. This was very scary to think about.

" Yeah...oh..." Draco said tensely nodding his head, but his eyes were mad with worry and anger.

" Ava, you need to quit this organization...I can't lose you...and I don't want to be the one to turn you in when you get caught."  He said calming down, and speaking softer.

" I can't Draco!" I said fervently " These people need me! The more people who are able to fight my father off, the better. I can't just up and leave them."

" Ava..." Draco said sounding strained and old. " Please."

" I'm sorry Draco... is there any way you can get the squad off our tail?" I asked hopefully.

Draco grimaced. " I have to try, don't I. You're giving me no choice. I couldn't stand this school if you weren't in it." He said sounding stressed out.

I smiled at him and kissed him on the nose. " Thank you. At least now my friends and I'll know to be careful."

" I don't give a flying fart for your friends. I just care about your safety." Draco said in a hard voice.

I chuckled and his eyes melted and he hugged me.

" Where is this organization being held... I need to know so that I can keep the squad away from there." Draco said.

" It's on this floor." I said.

" here?" He said sounding bewildered... " There's nothing up here."

" You'd be surprised." I said smiling " I can't tell you anymore than that."

" Fine...I'll try my hardest to keep people away from this floor..." Draco said unhappily.

" As long as you try.." I said smiling

" You have to promise me you won't get caught. I'll try my best to keep the squad off your tail...but I can't gurantee anything... there is alot of people on the squad.... all of them eager to bust you. Are you positive that you won't just quit...please...for me?" Draco said quietly.

" I can't." I said looking down at my fingers. I couldn't look him in the eyes...he was begging me through his eyes for me to quit, and it made me feel quite guitly. This was going to be hard for him, I was being selfish. I was risking my neck trying to help people he didn't even like, and at the same time he's told me he'll try to keep the squad off our tail...which will be extremely hard. He's going to be worried sick about me geting caught...not to mention stressed out, and it's all my fault...

Draco sighed and said " You're so stubburn."

I looked up at him and saw that he had closed his eyes and had leaned his head against the wall.

" I'm sorry." I said quietly.

" You're killing me, Ava." Draco said shaking his head and opening his eyes. " You're killing me."

" I'm sorry, I really am...but Draco...I'm sure you won't get caught for helping us out." I said trying to comfort him.

" Ugh, I'm not worried about myself...I'm worried about you." Draco said sounding exasperated.

I was silent. I couldn't promise anything about my safety, and he knew it. Now that I knew that there was a squad and a determined Umbridge on our tail....our meetings are going to be alot more difficult to keep secret.

" I don't want you to worry." I said moving some of his hair out of his eye.

" To late." Draco said grumpily.

I smiled sadly at him before hugging him close to me. I felt terrible, we had to have this hard discussion on our 8 month anniversary...classy.

He hugged me back tightly and said " I may as well enjoy my time with you, who knows how this will end."

" Pessimist." I laughed.

Draco smiled and shrugged " oh well. Can't blame me can you?"

" No, I suppose I can't." I smiled at him.

Draco finally seemed to notice that I was straddling him and he smirked and laughed.

" Sorry." He said still chuckling.

" I'm fine with it." I said bluntly as I snuggled up to him.

Draco circled his arms around me and said huskily " Good."

I shivered and he chuckled.

" Oh shut up." I joked.

" Sure, sure." Draco said as he lifted my face to his so he could look me in the eye. He looked serious.

I stared at him curiously for a moment.

 " I've been meaning to tell you something, Ava." Draco said sounding slightly nervous.

I instantly tensed up, I hope this isn't bad.

"Ok...go on then." I said trying to look relaxed. I smiled encouragingly at him, I wanted him to fell less nervous.

" I don't want you to freak out... but I have to get this off my chest...it's been eating me alive for awhile now." He stalled as he looked out the window, avoiding my eyes.

" What is it?" I asked curiously.

Draco turned away from the window and looked me dead in the eyes and said " I'm in love with you Ava."

I gaped at him for a moment before I smiled. Flipping shiznit! He just told me he was in love with me! My insides erupted in butterflies and I felt myself become warm.

" Coincidence..." I said smiling broadly " I'm in love with you too."

Draco looked immensely relieved and beamed at me. " You know, I've been wishing to hear those words come out of your mouth for awhile now." He said carressing my face.

I blushed and said " Well, wish granted."

He chuckled and put his finger under my chin and brought my lips to his. Like always I felt the fireworks and the electric current flowing through my veins. I threw my arms around him and he smiled into the kiss.

His tongue ran along my bottom lip, begging for entrence and I obliged, letting him in. I pulled him closer, not wanting any space between us and smiled as Draco pulled away slowly.

" Best. Anniversary. Ever." He said hugging me to him. " Not only has the girl I loved told me she is in love with me, but she is a wicked good kisser.

I chuckled in embarrassment and he smirked.

I untangled myself from him and looked out the window. It was getting dark. It was almost 7 oclock... and that meant, D.A. meeting time. It was going to be our last meeting before the holidays arrived.

" I should go..." I said as I looked at my clock.

" Why, its only 7:45..." Draco started and then saw my expression " Oh, gah, don't tell me it's that organization."

" I'm sorry!" I said feeling bad. " But it's our last meeting before the holidays...I have to go..."

" Fine." Draco said grumpily. " You're lucky that Pansy is holding a Christmas party tonight, before her friends leave for the holidays...so nobody should be tailing you...well except maybe Filch...but he's been falling asleep alot on the job, so he shouldn't be trouble."

I smiled " Good....wait... what will you be doing at this party?" I asked suspiciously.

Draco smiled at my tone and said "  Aww, you jealous? Nah, you shouldn't be... I'll mainly try to avoid Pansy and try to keep her away from the alcohol... it makes her unbearable to be around." He said frowning.

" Why." I asked.

" let's just say she does very inappropriate things to me." Draco said eager to get off the subject.

" Oh." I said frowning. "Yeah...you better keep her away from the alcohol."

Draco smirked " Will do."

I looked at my watch again and said " I really must be going... the others will be arriving soon." I said as I leaned in to give him another kiss.

He kissed me halfheartedly and said " Are you POSITIVE you can't quit the club?"

" Positive." I said smiling at him sadly.

" ok, well, I'll leave you to your dratted meeting. Send me an owl after your meeting so I'll know you weren't caught." Draco said as he stood up.

I stood up with him and he smiled at me " I love you, ok? So don't go getting yourself into trouble."

" I love you too, and I'll try." I said grinning.

Draco rolled his eyes and said " Bye, Ava. See you tomorrow."

" Bye." I said as I walked toward the other end of the hall to where the room of requirement was. The whole walk there, I felt like skipping and singing " HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME," but I held that in and kept myself calm.

I stood in front of the spot and thought of a place to hold our meetings, and the door appeared. I looked around nervously to see if the coast was clear then made my way into the room. The room was decorated for Christmas. There was glittering lights and mistletoe everywhere. There was a giant wreath on the the frontmost wall and a huge Christmas tree with floating candles and real fairies floating in the tree.

I was the first one there so I went over to the bookshelf and grabbed the book The dark Arts Outsmarted. I found the spot that I marked and continued reading.

Harry and Luna walked in first and I smiled up at them.

" Mistletoe..."  Luna said dreamily as she pointed at a large clump of white berries placed over Harry's head.

Harry quickly jumped out from under them and I stifled a laugh.

" Good thinking, " Luna said seriously " It's often infested with nargles."

I looked quesioningly at Luna, but before I could ask her what nargles were, everyone else arrived.

People looked appreciatively around at the decorations and I saw Dean eyeing the mistletoe and me. I nervously scooted away from the mistletoe and walked to the head of the room with Harry.

" Ok, I thought today should just be a review day. because it's the last meeting before the holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a 3 week break." Harry said.

"We're not doing anything new?" said Zacharius Smith in a disgruntled whisper " If i'd known that, I wouldn't have come..."

" We're all really sorry harry didn't tell you then," Fred said loudly.

Several people sniggered.

" We can practice in pairs." I said loudly so everyon could hear." We'll start with the Impediment Jinx, just for ten minutes, then we can get out the cushions and try stunning again."

They all divided up obediently; Harry partnered up with Neville as usual, and I was left to wander around the room correcting people. The room was full of cries of " Impedimenta!" People froze for a minute or so, during which their partners would stare aimlessly around the room watching other pairs at work, then would unfreeze and take their turn at the jinx.

Neville had improved beyond Recognition. He was the most willing to learn out of the lot here, and he always practiced hardest. I was really proud of him.

After ten minutes on the Impediment Jinx, they laid out cushions all over the floor and started practicing stunning again. I felt positively swelled with pride as I watched them all.

I tried to ignore Dean who was standing under the mistletoe and was doing his spell wrong on purpose. I could see where that would go, and I wasn't willing to help him...not with the mistletoe hanging above him.

By the end of the hour, Harry called everyone to a halt.

" You are all getting really good." Harry said beaming around at them all.

" Yeah, You are." I said beaming also " When we get back from the holidays we can start doing some of the big stuff.... like patronuses."

There was a murmur of excitement. The room began to clear in the usual twos and threes. I held back to wait for Harry but I saw him staring at Cho, who was staring at a picture of Cedric on the mirror.

I looked over at Hermione, and we shared a knowing look.

" We'll see you around Harry." Hermion said as Her, Ron, and I made our way out of the room.

I almost felt like running back in there and yanking Harry away from Cho, but I refrained myself. I didn't mind it if Harry was into Ginny... they would be freaking adorable, but Cho, was to emotional now... she didn't need to be getting a boyfriend, especially after everything she's been going through... their relationship would be trouble for both of them.

" I bet you a galleon, that they will be snogging." Ron said chuckling.

" Amen." I said frowning a little.

We entered the common room and I quickly wrote a letter to Draco, like I promised and sent it to him. After I sent the letter I got Hermione alone and told her what Draco told me...about how the squads main goal is to catch Harry and the D.A.

" Oh, no." Hermione said putting her hands on her face. " This is not good, not good at all... we will have to put up extra precautions now..."

" yep" I said sadly.

" Well, we'll think of that later...for now...tell me about your date." Hermione winked.

I dished to her about how he told me he loved me and how we kissed and she squealed happily.

" Oh I'm sorry..." she said when I unplugged my ears. " It's just that you two are positively adorable!"

I smiled at her and was about to say somthing when Harry walked into the common room.

I looked at him and noticed his lips were swollen...

Ron and I shared a knowing look and Hermione held in a giggle.

" What kept you." Ron said sarcastically.

Harry did not answer. He was in a state of shock, I could feel it.

" Are you alright, Harry." Hermione asked.

Harry shrugged.

" What's up?" Ron asked hoisting himself up on his elbow to get a clearer view of Harry. " What happened?"

Harry squirmed in his seat uncomfortably and I said sounding all businesslike " Is it Cho, did she corner you after the meeting?"

Harry's face looked surprised and he nodded.

Ron sniggered, breaking off when Hermione sent him a look.

"So...er...what did she want." Ron said trying not to laugh.

" She..." Harry began, rather hoarsely. He cleared his throat and began again " She, er..."

" Did you kiss?" Hermione asked briskly.

" Well?" Ron demanded.

Harry nodded and Ron burst out laughing. Harry smiled a reluctant smile as he watched Ron rolling around on the  hearthrug.

" How was it?" Ron finally asked as he calmed himself.

" Wet." Harry said truthfully.

Ron looked disgusted for a moment before Harry said " Because she was crying."

" Are you really that bad a kisser Harry??" Ron chuckled.

" Dunno." Harry said looking anxious.

" Of course you're not." I said absently " Cho spends half her time crying these days."

" You'd think a bit of snogging would cheer her up." Ron chuckled louder.

I looked up at Ron with disgust and said " Ron, you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."

Harry and Hermione laughed and Ron frowned at me. " What's that supposed to mean?" Ron said indignantly " What sort of perosn cries while someone's kissing them?"

" Don't you understand how Cho must be feeling?" I said to him.

"No." Ron and Harry said together.

Hermione sighed and looked at the boys " Well, obviously, she's feeling very sad, because of Cedric dieing. Then I expect she's feeling confused because she liked Cedric and now she likes Harry, and she cahn't work out who she likes best. Then sh'll be feeling guilty, thinking it's an insult to Cedric's memory to be kissing Harry at all, and she'll be worrying about what everyone else might say to her if she starts to go out with Harry. And she was probably can't work out what her feelings toward Harry are anyway, because he was the mone who was with Cedric when Cedric died, so that's all very mixed up and painful. Oh, and, she's afraid she's going to be thrown off the Ravenclaw Quidditch team becasue she's been flying so badly, because she has alot on her mind."

The boys sat in stunned silence before Ron said " One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode."

"Just becasue you've go the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have." Hermione said.

We all looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Like always we were the last people to go to bed. We shuffled into our dorms and changed into our P.J.s and got in bed.

While I was sleeping I had a strange dream where Draco was bashing Umbridges head in with a plastic leg, and I was laughing at the indignation on her face. The dream soon shifted though and I realized I was no longer in my own dream.

I saw a huge snake, bigger than even Streak and he was growing at an alarming rate. It was gliding down a hallway, flicking its forked tongue in the air. I had a bad feeling about the snake....then I realized that I was in Harry's dream... and he was the snake.

I saw the outline of Mr. Weasley and saw that he was guarding the door to the Department of Mysteries. I gasped in fear as the snake glided closer to him. Mr. Weasley began to stirr, and jumped to his feet, holding out his wand. Before I could scream and warn Mr. Weasley. The snake reared up and struck Mr. Weasley, biting him, once, twice, three times. I could see the blood rushing down his skin and he cried out in pain..

Mr. Weasley was screaming in pain.... then he fell silent.... He slumped backward against the wall...blood spattering onto the floor....

I screamed in fear. Not him, Not Mr. Weasley.

" Ava! AVA!!!" Hermione yelled worriedly

I opened my eyes. Every inch of my body was covered in icy sweat; my bedcovers were twisted all around me like a straitjacket.

" Ava!!" Hermione said standing over me looking completely frightened. There were more figures at the head of my bead. Parvarti, and Lavender.

Before I said anything I vommited over the side of my bed and felt very faint.

" Oh my gosh Ava...are you alright?" Hermione asked shaking me gently trying to get me to look at her.

" She's really ill..." Parvarti said sounding scared.. " I'll go get McGonagall..."

I heard the door slam behind her as she went to get the teacher.

" Mr.Weasley.... Harry he was.... and he was.... Mr. Weasley... badly injured." I panted

" What??" Hermione said sounding hysterical. " Maybe you were just dreaming..."

" No!" I shouted.

I got out of bed as steadily as I could and ran to the boys dormitory as fast as I could. I opened the door and saw to my astonishment that Harry looked just like me, drenched in sweat and vommit on the side of his bed.

" Harry!" I shouted sounding frightened. No wonder Hermione looked scared when they saw me...if I looked anything like Harry, I'd be a scary sight to behold.

" I'm fine!" Harry choked, as he wiped his mouth on his pajamas. He was shaking uncontrollably.

" Over here, Professor..." Neville said as McGonagall looked at Harry's and I's drenched and frightening forms.

"What happend..." She whispered looking us over.

" Ron's dad..." Harry and I said at the same time.

Harry gave me a confused look before looking toward McGonagall. " He's been attacked by a snake and it's serious, I saw it happen."

" So did I." I said as I stared at Harry.

" What do you mean you saw it happen." McGonagall said.

" I don't know...I was alseep..." Harry began.

" You mean, You dreamed this?" She asked.

"No! It wasn't a dream...It was real!" Harry shouted.

McGonagall stared as us as though horrified at what she was seeing.

" I'm telling you we're not mad!" I said desperately. " I saw it too! That can't be a coincidence!"

" I belive you." She said " Put on a dressing gown... we're going to see the headmaster." She said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 30.5K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
624K 29.7K 54
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
137K 6.5K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
95.6K 3.4K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024