The Boss That Wants Control (...

By TheBaseballGirl

Kristen is looking for a job. She's qualified, has the experience, and has the right mindset. All she needs... More

The Boss That Wants Control
The Call
Meeting Beck
New BFF
The Incident
Jealous of the Unknown Caller
The Forest
The Awakening
Kristen's Birthday
The Conversation (The Filler Chapter)
The Flight.
Food Food Food and More Food.
Not A Chapter
Visitors
Consquences and Surprises
Turn of Events
Doctor Appointment
Words of Destruction
Here For Good
Not A Chapter
The Phone Call
I'm so sorry
Update Coming Soon!
Unmasking The Plans
NEW UPDATED STORY

Depression and Presents

27K 753 65
By TheBaseballGirl

"So how you holding up, Princess?" Isaiah asks, as soon as the doctor walks out of the door.

"Well, physically...I'm one-hundred percent. But...mentally, and apparently emotionally...I'm not so great."

Cocking his head to the right, his eyebrows scrunch together, and his eyes show concern.

"Well what's wrong, Kris?"

"I, apparently, am depressed. That was a psychologist. He says that I'm suffering from PTSD, and am clinically depressed."

"What does that mean?" He asks, taking my right hand in both of his strong ones.

"It means that I may never get my memories back, because I'm going to suppress them....it means that I'm going to stay broken and...and in the dark...for the rest of my life." My voice cracks a few times towards the end.

He leans forward, and pulls me into a huge bear hug.

"I'm here, sweetheart. I'll always be right here for you. Okay?" He looks into my eyes. I nod. "I'm always gonna be your shoulder to cry on, and your ear to talk off. I'm not going anywhere."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." He says, squeezing me tightly. "Now...do you want your presents?"

I perk up. "Presents?"

He laughs, and goes over to the chair by the door, where I notice some bags and boxes wrapped in birthday paper.

"From Chelle." He says, handing me a box that takes up my whole lap.

I immediately go to the corner, and start ripping at the paper. My eyebrows spike in the air, and I look at him.

"You told her?"

"Told her what?" He asks innocently, looking down.

"You know what." I say, looking down at the box of goodies in my lap.

"That your destructive when it comes to anything electronic? Yes, yes I did." He says, grinning proudly.

"Mhmm."

"Sorry?"

"No you're not. Don't lie." I raise my eyebrow.

"Well, no, I'm not." He chuckles.

I reach in, and grab the new phone- an iPhone 5c- with a customized Texas Rangers Lifeproof case on it. I shake my head. My best friend knows me so well. The next thing I pull out, is a New Orleans Saints Lifeproof case for an iPad.

"I don't have an iPad, though." I tilt my head, and look up at Isaiah. "Why would she get me this?"

"I dunno."

Reaching back in, I pull out a grey shirt. Unfolding it, I read "Property of Texas Rangers Baseball." I giggle, and refold it, placing it beside me. Next, I pull out a blue shirt, and I don't have to unfold it to read the name on the back.

"Kinsler still plays for them??" I ask Isaiah happily.

"Actually...no." He says hesitantly. "They just, uhmm...they just recently traded him...a few months ago...for uhmm, Fielder."

"KINSLER IS WITH THE BREWERS?! What the hell?! He deserves better than them!! He needs to be with us! Or a winning team, if we HAVE to trade him to anybody." I rant.

"Actually...he's in Detroit."

"What?" I ask calmly.

"Well, Fielder went to the Tigers a few years ago...and, the rangers traded Kinsler for him..."

"My favorite player...went to DETROIT?!" I screech.

"Uh...yeah?"

Taking a few deep breaths, I move to the next item in the box, too frustrated to even continue with the conversation. I pull out a pair of black, Bose, over the ear headphones. The kind that actually work, and block all the other noise out. The last thing was a $500 iTunes card.

"I guess her being a psychologist really paid off, huh?" He asks.

"Oh yeah!" I blurt out. He blinks. "Sorry, I forgot to tell you, after we caught up, she told me that isn't what she does. She actually owns a rehab center for the celebrities, and, you know, rich people. It's called Friendly Rehab Institution and Elaborate Narcotics Disability Services." I giggle.

He tilts his head, and looks at me funny.

"It stands for FRIENDS. It's our favorite TV show. We used to watch it together all the time. Like, literally, 24 hours a day."

"Mhmm..." He says, handing me a blue bag with lime green paper.

I immediately rip the paper out, and shove my hand in, feeling something hard, and pulling it out. My mouth drops.

"An iPad?!" I ask, shocked.

"I guess she loves you, huh? Makes me feel bad that all I did was get you that book...did you read it yet?" He asks, a weird look in his eyes.

"No..why?"

"Oh, no reason. Here." He says, handing me the other box. "It's from your parents."

I open it, and am pleasantly surprised to see a new laptop. It's an HP Envy, with Beats audio. My eyes bulge out.

"Holy crap."

"Nice." He nods. "Hey, there's a card." He points to the side, where there is, indeed, a white envelope taped to the side.

I pull it off, and open it up, and laugh when I see the front. It's a picture of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Opening it up, I see that it's one of those cards that you can write your own message on it.

Happy birthday, Kristen. We can't believe how strong you are, doing all of this in a foreign country with none of your loved ones with you. We miss you so much, sweetie. And we're so proud of you. Love you to the moon and back, Mom and Dad.

P.S. That boss of yours sure is a sweetheart...don't push this one away.

Looking up at Isaiah to see if he'd been reading over my shoulder, I see that he's actually looking down at his phone and smiling. My heart breaks a little. He's been spending so much time with me, that I forgot that he probably has a life back home. A girlfriend, or wife...children.

My smile disappears, and I feel my eyes start to water.

"What's wrong, sweetie??" He asks, immediately sensing the change in my demeanor.

"Nothing. I just feel bad for keeping you away from your home."

"Don't, sweetie. You're fine." He says with a small, sweet smile.

"No, I feel bad. How many children am I keeping you from? And a wife? Or girlfriend?" I ask, shaking my head. "I'm so sorry."

"Sweetheart..." He puts his fingers on my chin, and tilts my face up so that it's facing his, but I keep looking down. "Hey." He taps my cheek. "Ok, fine. We can do it like this." He drops his hand, and my face immediately looks back down into my lap. I hear him setting the rest of my presents in the chair they'd come from.

I know he's gone, so I let the tears fall. I roll over on my side, and close my eyes.

The bed dips in front of me, and my eyes flash open. His beautiful brown eyes that I've found myself staring into the past few weeks stare back at me with a passion that I'm not used to.

"Don't shut me out, okay?" His eyes look deep into mine as his hand finds his way to my cheek. "I don't have a girlfriend."

"So you're married..." I look down at the white sheets, and the tears roll hard and fast, no matter how hard I try to stop them.

He chuckles. My heart breaks more, because he's laughing at my pain. Why does this hurt so much?!

"Sweetie..." He tilts my face back up to his. "There's nobody else. I promise. I wouldn't be right here, with you, if I was. Okay? There's nobody else." He smiles at me, and leans forward to kiss my forehead. "Well, there is Becca."

My heart breaks again...until he says the four words that breathe life into me again.

"But she's my daughter."

I look up into his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes, and see the slight smirk to the right side of his lips.

"Shut up." I shove his shoulder gently.

"Never." He promises, pulling me into his chest, and laying my head on his shoulder. "Go to sleep, Sweetheart. I'll be right here when you wake up."

I can feel my eyes start to close, and I know in my heart that everything will be OK. I've got Isaiah with me. I can do anything with him by my side, holding my hand.

Speaking of, I feel him grab my hand and lace our fingers together as I drift off into dream land.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys. See? I promised to update soon, and I did! :D

I've missed my characters, and I'm really happy to be writing again.

I love y'all.

Tell me if you'd like me to make them do something in particular once they get back to America, i.e. go to the zoo, have a company function that involves dresses, and suits, and what not.

Love y'all!

FayAnne. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 4.9K 17
Bella moved to the city with her best friend after they graduated from college. They are looking forward to the new city life and starting their live...
371 15 22
Read a lot of ceo falling for his employee novels? Well, here you go again another one. I let my delusional mind run wild in this story. Hope you lik...
3.2K 237 24
Katherine has a goal and that goal is to leave her mark on a city where no one expects her to get that far, or so she thinks. In this story, she disc...
272K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...