Love Makes Us One (Part 2 of...

Von K_Williams1

Ronnie has been through a lot in her life and now she's able to start anew with her daughter Amy, her brother... Mehr

A/N
Chapter 1 The Move
Chapter 2 - Committment
Chapter 3 - Volunteering
Chapter 5 - Dinner
Chapter 6 - Life Goes On
Chapter 7 - What to Do...What to Do
Chapter 8 - Looking for a Solution
Chapter 9 - Here We Are
Chapter 10 - Love RH Style
Chapter 11 - Meeting the Grandfathers
Chapter 12 - Thanksgiving with the Cranks
Chapter 13 - Peace at Last and Unexpected Apologies
Chapter 14 - A Blast From the Past
Chapter 15 - Christmas With the Parents
Chapter 16 - I Was Hoping...Nevermind
Chapter 17 - Okay...
Chapter 18 - Spring Break
Chapter 19 - Why?
Chapter 20 - Taking Down An A**hole
Chapter 21 - Just When I thought it Was Over
Chapter 22 - So...It's My Birthday
Chapter 23 - Dances and More Court Dates
Chapter 24 - The Rest of the Time
Chapter 25 - Good Times
Chapter 26 - The Trip
Chapter 27 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 28 - It's The Holiday's Again!
Epilogue - 10 years later

Chapter 4 - New Friends

10.5K 593 35
Von K_Williams1

Ronnie

Frankie and I arrive at Amy's school early today so we can get our visitor badges before we go to her classroom. While in the office, the secretary at the front desk asks our names. When I give her mine, she gets a big smile on her face, "You're the one who handled the vultures yesterday."

"Vultures?"

"Those ladies who were trying to get their claws into that hunk of man that was hiding behind you yesterday afternoon. You became a legend in about twenty minutes," she leans forward and whispers, "If you need anything. Anything, let me know."

"Thanks," I guess I made a fan. Frankie is looking at me with a smile on her face.

We walk into the classroom and Amy jumps up and runs to us, "Mommy! Frankie! I'm so glad that you're here!" We both give her a big hug and send her back to where she was sitting before we walked inside the room.

Ms. Snow pulls us to the side and gives us instruction on what we are supposed to do. We spend the next hour and a half reading to the kids, painting with the kids and helping the kids clean up. By the time the bell rings, I'm worn out. Frankie looks tired also. She couldn't keep the kids hands off of her purple tips. She says that she's going to braid her hair and pull it up into a ball on top of her head tomorrow. I laugh.

After we help the children collect their things and have them to line up, the bell rings and we take them outside. I make sure that Frankie and I have all of our things, before we leave. I did get to meet Amy's friend, Megyn. It seems that the vultures were having their children try to make friends with her. She told them that Amy is already her best friend, but she will still play with them sometimes. She is a very diplomatic child.

When we walk outside, all of the children run to their parents. I watch Megyn as she runs to Solomon. I feel a small smile on my lips, I guess that I'll be seeing more of him. There is another guy standing with him, who has black hair. He's the same height as Solomon and just as sexy.

"Is that him?" Frankie asks quietly. I nod. "I see." We walk further into the schoolyard towards the parking lot when they approach us.

"Hey Ronnie. How are you today?" He seems a bit nervous.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired from running after the kids this afternoon, but fine none the less. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good. This is my friend, Greyson," He introduces.

"Hi Greyson," I reach across and shake his hand. I pull back quickly, because of the shock that I feel, "This is my sister-in-law, Frankie."

They both say hello and he says, "I see our girls have decided to be best friends. I'm glad that she didn't make friends with one of those women's kids." He shudders.

I laugh, "I'm sure that's a good thing."

He takes a deep breath, like he wants to say something else, Frankie touches my arm and looks at Greyson, "Hey Greyson, what kind of car do you drive?" She leads him and the girls away from the both of us, asking him questions and holding a conversation with him. I know that if my brothers were here, they would be having a mini-fit. Thank God for small miracles.

"Would you like to go out to dinner with me?" He says quickly.

"When?" I ask.

"Friday? If that works for you," he responds.

"I would really like to go out to dinner with you, but I have no one to watch Amy because Frankie has a seminar every evening this week and then she and her husbands are going out of town this weekend. Maybe next week?" I suggest.

He considers what I said for a minute, "How about you bring Amy with you and you can have dinner with us at our house on Friday night?"

"Sounds good. We'll be there."

"What were you doing in school today?" He asks.

"Ms. Snow has parent volunteers to help out every week, but the ones for this week backed out on her and she asked me to help. I brought Frankie with me because she needs two parents and I don't know anyone else," I explain.

"You know me and I'll come and help tomorrow. What time do I need to be here?" He asks. I give him the time and after we finalize the arrangements, he asks, "May I have your phone number please?" I hand him my phone and he puts his number in it and I do the same with his phone.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I tell him.

"See you then," his hand rubs down my shoulder before I walk away.

"Well?" Frankie asks when I approach her and Amy. I look down at Amy and she nods. Amy tells us how much she liked us being there helping out with her class today. When I tell her that I'll be there the rest of the week, she squeals in excitement. We get home and I take her through the same routine as yesterday.

After she is upstairs in her room changing clothes and straightening up, Frankie asks, "What happened? Did he ask you out?" I nod.

"Let's not have the silent communication. Use your words. So, when are you going out?"

"He wanted me to go out with him on Friday, but I told him that I wouldn't be able to go until next week due to your schedule. So we are going over to his house for dinner on Friday night." There. I used my words.

She smiles and hugs me, "I'm so happy for you. That Greyson guy couldn't keep his eyes off of you either. If it doesn't work out with one, maybe it'll work out with another one. Who knows, maybe both of them." Since she has three husbands, she feels that I should have three also. I have explained to her many times that it doesn't work for everyone like that. She shrugs and then her phone rings.

"Hi Rand...Yes I'm next door...Yes, I'll be home shortly. Remember, I have that seminar tonight and you all have a meeting with the contractor tonight...I know. I'll see you in a few minutes, I'm leaving now...Love you too, see you in a couple of minutes." She rolls her eyes, "They act like I can't even come next door without something happening."

"You love it," I tease.

"I do. I've never been this happy," she smiles and sighs, "Gotta go. See you later. Love you." She walks out the front door. I look after her as she walks out of my yard into theirs and I see Rand meet her at the front door with a kiss. I feel a little glimmer of hope that maybe I can have that now.

Solomon

Greyson waits until we get home and Megyn is in her room before he and Tyler confronts me, "Well, what happened?"

"She can't go out because she doesn't have a babysitter, so I invited her and Amy to dinner with us on Friday." I tell them.

"So I get to meet her then?" Tyler asks.

I nod. "She's beautiful. If you don't like her, I may date her," Greyson says. I almost growl, but I realize that if she and Grey gets together, I wouldn't mind. I really want her for myself, but we haven't even had a first date yet. We'll see how it goes.

"I volunteered to work in the classroom with her this week," I tell them.

"You must have it bad. That's something you said you would never do," Tyler leans back in his seat studying me.

"That and I don't want to be stuck in the classroom with anyone else." I'm going to request that the teacher only put me with Ronnie. I don't want to fight off any of those vultures.

My phone rings and its mom, "Hey Mom. What's up?"

"I just wanted to call and see how my grandbaby is adjusting to school." Her voice comes over the line.

"She's loving it. She made a couple of new friends. She has homework tonight. Do you want to talk to her?" I ask.

"Sure. Put her on."

I call for Megyn to come down and speak with her grandmother. She runs down the steps and skips over to me, taking the phone, "Hi Grandma!" She walks upstairs to her room talking to her.

"Are you going to say anything to your mom?" Grey asks.

I shake my head, "There's nothing to tell yet. She is on a need to know basis. We will not tell her anything until we need to. Capiche?"

"Capiche," they both agree.

We decide to order out for dinner tonight instead of cook. We spend the evening eating and watching television.

The next day I arrive in the classroom ready to work. She's already there, reading to some of the children. Ms. Snow comes over and introduces herself again, "Hi, I'm Ms. Snow. Thank you again for volunteering to help this week. You're really helping me out."

"No problem. I just have one request," I explain.

"Sure. What is it?"

"If this is what we have to do as parents, I don't have a problem with it, but I do request to only be put with Ronnie. Those other mother's scare me." I tell her.

"No problem. I can definitely make that happen. Ronnie will show you what to do."

Ronnie walks over and say hi, then immediately explains what we are doing and what needs to be done. I spend the rest of our time there making it happen. When we walk out when the bell rings, I have my hand on her back, because I can't help but to touch her. She doesn't shrug me off, so I'm happy. While we watch the children go to their parents, I tell her that I request to only be with her every time we have to do this.

"That works for me," she says, "I wouldn't want to be with one of those women over there. They're all giving me dirty looks." I glance over where she nods and they are barely concealing their glares.

I turn back to her, "Don't worry about them, they're just crusty unhappy housewives that want someone to want them. You've got so much more appeal than they do, that's why I asked you out and not them."

I get a smile from her and our daughter's run over to us. "Mommy, are we going home now?" Amy asks her. She looks just like a mini version of her mother. They even have the same blue eyes.

She looks around, making sure all of the children have gone with their parents, then turns back to Amy, "Yes. We are going home now."

"Can Megyn come with us?" She asks.

"Not today sweetie. Maybe another day, okay?"

She looks like she wants to say something else, but when she sees her mother's face, she changes her mind, "Okay," She mumbles. She takes her hand at the same time that I take Megyn's and we walk to the parking lot to our cars. After we get them into their seats, I watch them drive away, before driving away myself.

After dinner, I decide to text her.

Me: Hi.

I wait a minute and wonder if she's going to answer when my phone dings.

Ronnie: Hi.

Me: you didn't tell Amy about Friday?

Ronnie: Nope. She would be bugging me all week. It's best that I tell her Friday when we are on our way over to your house.

Me: I'm doing the same thing with Megyn. She's so excitable. What are you doing right now?

Ronnie: Just catching up on some work that I didn't finish today. Almost finished.

Me: What exactly do you do for a living?

Ronnie: I counsel victims of statutory rape for my law firm. I also work on the litigation for it. What do you do?

Me: I own a contracting company. We build everything from regular houses to skyscrapers.

Ronnie: That sounds interesting. How are you faring after today?

Me: I was worn out, but it was nice.

Ronnie: Me too. I have to go. Talk to you later.

Me: See you tomorrow.

I fall asleep tonight witha smile on my face2

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

94.9K 3.6K 29
I was just a normal girl until everything changed. Losing everything you ever loved will change a girl. New town, new life, new school. Everything is...
11.4K 586 51
Orphic - (adj.) - mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding ♡ Samantha has never had an easy life. With her mom gone and the way her d...
69.2K 3K 29
Warning: This story is for mature audiences only. It contains language and scenes that would get this story rated R if it was a movie. It is also RH...
11K 250 42
Taylor and Zac have been best friends since birth. In high school they decided together they wanted their own harem. Now they've graduated college an...