Mysterious A

By DymonSkies

Aalea Harriss is rude and gorgeous, with her constant pushing and mean remarks, one would think Amare Jordan... More

Mysterious A
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Breaks and Continuation

Chapter VII

11.7K 515 60
By DymonSkies

Who wants that perfect love story any way, anyway

Cliché, Cliché

Cliché, Cliché

Who wants that hero love that saves the day, anyway

Cliché, Cliché

Cliché, Cliché

What about the bad guy goes good, yeah

And the missing love that's misunderstood, yeah

Black hour glass, our glass

Toast to clichés in a dark past

- Beyoncé Knowles ft. Jay-Z

Mysterious A's Chapter Seven

- Aalea Harriss

"W-What?" Aalea stuttered into the phone. 

Her heart beat was zooming and her mind was racing trying to catch up with it.

"Amare has asked that we contact you. He has suffered a Panic Attack." The doctor explained once again.

Aalea nodded as if he could see her and began taking deep breaths.

"I'll be there. What's his room number?" She asked with a slight tremble in her voice.

"Room 204, floor 3" He replied before cutting the line.

Aalea rushed downstairs and into the kitchen, frantically searching for her mother's keys. She found them next to the toaster. She threw on her North Face jacket and left her home.

On the way to the hospital all she could think about was Amare's health. What if he dies? She thought to herself. When in reality, it was not all that serious; he had experienced a minor attack, nothing to go bonkers over.

Skylar, Damien, and Andrew had already arrived at the hospital. When Amare collapsed, Andrew dialed 9-1-1, and then rushed to his side. When the ambulance arrived, he informed Skylar and told her to meet him at the ER.

Aalea made it to the hospital, thankfully in one piece. She was nervous as hell and found herself thinking twice about going up. But, she initiated that confidence from earlier and allowed her feet to carry her towards the elevator. She found his room with ease and caught the doctor that was walking out of Amare's room.

"Hey! Can you tell me what's up with him before I go inside?" She asked softly.

"Amare has experienced a Panic Attack, which is a part of Panic Disorder. Panic Disorder is a type of Anxiety Disorder in which you have repeated attacks of intense fear that something bad will happen. There really are no specific causes as to why this occurs but symptoms include, nausea, sweating, chills, hot flashes, trembling, shaking, and so on. I suggest he stay away from Caffeine, Alcohol and any drugs including Marijuana and Cocaine." Dr.Selver informed her before giving her a small pat on the shoulder. "Don't be so scared. He's in one piece, I swear." He said, smiling softly before going to tend to another patient's needs.

Aalea took one last gulp of air before releasing and walking inside the room. When she was inside of the four wall entering, three unknown faces turned to her.

Let me take my ass home. These folks look like a bunch stuck up prudes, she shook her head at the thoughts going through her mind.

She ignored the stares and went to stand beside Amare's bed. She tapped him softly causing him to open his eyes. When he saw the smooth skinned face of Aalea's, his world lit up.

"Thank god you're here. I thought you wouldn't come." He said, his voice was slightly raspy, so he cleared his throat a little.

"Well, when you get a call from a doctor about the health of the love of your life, you have no choice but to find a way to be by their side."

"Say that again." He instructed abruptly sitting up. He got out of the bed in only the gown he was given. His naked ass was on display for Skylar, Damien, and Andrew.

"Say what?"

Aalea had been so caught up in the moment; she had spilled the beans, also known as her feelings.

"What you just said!" He was so excited, it was scary.

"What did I say?" She asked again, playing somewhat dumb.

"You said I was the love of your life! You love me?" He asked, genuinely wanting an answer.

"Well...I mean, I-"

"I love you too. I love you so much, maybe more than basketball. I love you Aalea, I love you a lot!"

He took her face in his hands and they shared a desirous, intense kiss.

The clearing of Skylar's throat cause Aalea to pull away. Amare turned around to face his company.

"Oh, mom, dad, Damien, this is Aalea, my girlfriend." He introduced smiling proudly.

Aalea waved shyly at Skylar who was in a state of shock.

Did he say girlfriend? My baby is growing up into such an intelligent man, she thought to herself before walking over to Aalea and taking her into her arms.

Aalea was hesitant but, the love that radiated off of Skylar lured her in.

"You are such a beautiful girl. I love your shoes! Where'd you get em'?" Skylar began, 'girl chatting' with Aalea.

She had never been able to hang around lots of females. One, because she always taking care of Amare and two, because she didn't trust them. Aalea, she was different, she seemed innocent and true. True to herself, as well as Amare. So, Skylar decided to go ahead and get close to her, she planned on keeping her around for a very long time. The other girls, hoes, Amare had brought home were always shady. They were disrespectful and had no home training. But, Aalea...Aalea was a girl you'd bring home to your mother. This is exactly what Amare had done. He had brought her to meet his mother in his own wicked way.

"Well, I just came to check up on you. My mama will be up soon, so I have to get going." Amare nodded and blew her a kiss, which she caught and stuck in her pocket.

"Awwwwwww," Skylar coo'ed.

Amare twisted his face up in annoyance, rolling his eyes while Aalea blushed and chuckled a bit.

***

2 Weeks Later...

"So, how about we first fly out to New York, then Paris. It's really up to you."

Skylar and Aalea were discussing Prom shopping arrangements. Skylar being the obsessive shop alcoholic wanted to go all out. Aalea on the other hand, wanted to just go to the mall downtown.

"How about we just order the dress online?" She asked, trying her best to keep a pleasant tone.

"Aaleaaa..." Skylar began whining, pulling off an irresistible puppy dog face.

"Fine! But, why go all out? It's just prom. We're not getting married!"

Skylar gasped, her face falling in sadness. "I was just trying to help. I only want what's best. I never got the chance of going to Prom; I guess that is why I am so controlling over the situation."

Aalea instantly felt guilt rush through her body spreading like a wild fire.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. Let's do whatever, anything you want, I'm down." Skylar flew into a fit of giggles and began clapping.

"Okay, okay, okay, as I was saying..."

This is going to be a long ass month, Aalea thought to herself, drowning into her own little wonderland.

* * *

Aalea and Skylar decided they would only make one trip for dress shopping. They both agreed on Paris. Lynn, Aalea's mother was very hesitant about allowing her daughter to go across seas to a whole 'nother country. She had watched a movie on Lifetime where a mother let her daughter take college courses in Italy and was then accused of some sick murder. She would not be visiting her daughter in some fucked up jail facility. But, once she got to know Skylar and Amare a little more, she granted Aalea permission to go to Paris, France.

"I really like that one Aalea. What do you think Amare?" Skylar questioned her son who was tapping away on his cell.

He looked up at Aalea and took in the purple, ball gown dress.

"I don't like that one in particular mom." Amare said honestly.

Aalea rolled her eyes and went back into the dressing room to take off the dress.

She put her clothes back on and walked back out to the front where Skylar and Amare were sitting. She threw the boxed dress beside Skylar on the plush couch.

"Find another girl to try on all these irrelevant ass dresses." She snapped before walking out of the dress shop.

Skylar's jaw hit the ground. "What was that about?" Amare asked.

"I don't know Amare; the girl's got a temper. I think you just set that temper off. If you get out of that damn phone and actually pay attention to the situation at hand she probably wouldn't be so pissed." Skylar said getting up to go follow Aalea.

Aalea had been walking for about ten minutes. She didn't know where in the hell she was and silently prayed that Amare would come out the Boondock and take her back to the hotel. She stood in front of a small bakery. The name read 'Rue Cler', she walked inside and made her way to the front.

She took a look at all the sweet treats; her eyes fell on the cheesecake Danish looking treat. The employee looked at her and asked what she would like. Aalea pointed to the item because she couldn't pronounce the name. The employee handed her the Danish over the counter and then made her way to the cash register so Aalea could pay. When Aalea pulled out American bills, the employee shook her head and informed her, "This is France sweetie. Not America." She said sighing.

"Well, this is all I got, so you can take it or I can just have this for free." Aalea said.

Yes, the child was a ticking bomb.

"Don't worry about her ma'am, here you go." Amare said handing the lady the correct amount of money along with a tip.

Aalea turned to face her savior, and when she saw it was Amare, she simply rolled her eyes and headed toward the door.

The cold midnight air hit her like a bunch of water balloons. It had to be below freezing.

Amare saw her face begin to tighten up as well as her body so he took off his jacket and handed it to her. She put it on and then went back to eating her Danish in silence.

"You know, what you did earlier was un-called for." He stated.

"Was it really? I don't even want to be here. Yet, I am."

"Well why in the hell are you here if you don't want to!" He asked enraged.

Aalea stopped at turned to face him. His oversized jacket fell to her knees and her hair was blowing all about because of the high winds. She looked down at the Danish and then in Amare's face.

"Because of you, jerk! I'm doing this for your unappreciative ass!" She yelled and then threw the Danish in his face.

"I'll find my own way back." She said and began her trip back to the hotel, which was now, not that far away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 21.6K 54
♥︎𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓖𝓸𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼.♥︎ In which the bond between Kam and Asa is tested as drama, secrets, lies, rivalries, betray...
14.1K 650 25
Being more then what people make of you Ana is a overweight Young American. She isn't lucky when it comes to men. After being insulted by her high sc...
28.6K 867 29
Jaliyah Campbell is a 23 year old trying to succeed in life. She was kicked out of her home at the age of 16 by her single mother moved back into her...
40K 913 40
Aurora has always had one goal; to study and get as far away as possible from her house. Life was never easy for her but it seemed to get worse when...