The Blood of Olympus (Fan-Fic...

Por wanderIess

{completed} ✓ The Doors of Death have been closed, Percy and Annabeth have been saved from Tartarus, but the... Mais

Chapter 1: Percy
Chapter 2: Annabeth
Chapter 3: Nico
Chapter 4: Jason
Chapter 5: Piper
Chapter 6: Leo
Chapter 7: Hazel
Chapter 8: Frank
Chapter 9: Reyna
Chapter 10: Percy
Chapter 11: Annabeth
Chapter 12: Nico
Chapter 13: Jason
Chapter 14: Piper
Chapter 15: Leo
Chapter 16: Hazel
Chapter 17: Frank
Chapter 18: Reyna
Chapter 20: Annabeth
Chapter 21: Nico
Chapter 22: Jason
Chapter 23: Piper
Chapter 24: Leo
Chapter 25: Hazel
Chapter 26: Frank
Chapter 27: Reyna
Chapter 28: Percy
Chapter 29: Annabeth
Chapter 30: Nico
Chapter 31: Jason
Chapter 32: Piper
Chapter 33: Leo
Chapter 34: Hazel
Chapter 35: Frank
Chapter 36: Reyna
Chapter 37: Percy
Chapter 38: Annabeth
Chapter 39: Nico
Chapter 40: Jason
Chapter 41: Piper
Chapter 42: Leo
Chapter 43: Hazel
Chapter 44: Frank
Chapter 45: Reyna
Chapter 46: Percy
Epilogue
A Giant Thank You

Chapter 19: Percy

7.1K 96 62
Por wanderIess

Chapter 19: Percy

            A PILLAR NEARLY CRUSHED PERCY.

            He looked up and gasped, Polybotes laughing at the fact that a pillar was tumbling down. Percy jumped out of the way, and Jason shot up into the air like a bullet.

            “Did you miss me, Percy Jackson?” Polybotes sneered. He did a dramatic hair flip, causing the green basilisks to hiss loudly. “I didn’t miss you, considering the fact that I chased you around Tartarus.”

            Jason looked down at Percy, his eyebrows pulling together. “Polybotes, that’s a little shady,” Jason said slowly. “Are you sure you’re not a stalker?”

            Polybotes suddenly scowled, the smirk falling from his face. He held out his huge hand, and a trident sprung from midair. A net was attached to the shaft of the trident. Barely glancing at Jason, Polybotes roared and threw the net.

            Immediately Jason was trapped in the net. He tumbled out of the air and landed hard on the ground. His blue eyes glowed angrily, and he easily ripped the net away from his body.

            “I don’t like you,” Polybotes decided. “You’re Jason Grace, hm? My mother told me you would be hard to get rid of.”

            While Polybotes was distracted, Percy surged forward and stabbed Riptide into his foot. Ichor flooded from the wound, and Polybotes roared out in pain.

            Before Percy could run out of the way, Polybotes batted him aside. Percy flew backwards and slammed into a pillar. Pain flooded through his body, and he sluggishly got to his feet. He was aware that his elbows were all scraped up, blood trickling down his arms. He gripped Riptide tighter.

            Polybotes was stronger. He radiated more power, and Percy could feel himself grow weak. Polybotes was sucking the power of the ocean away from Percy, despite the fact that the ocean was right there.

            Jason was flying through the air. He would have resembled a blonde Peter Pan, but his face was twisted up with anger. He held his sword over his head and gave a cry. Lightning struck the sword and Jason aimed the blade towards Polybotes.

            The lightning strike struck Polybotes, but the giant only grew annoyed. He glared at Jason before batting him out of the air.

            Jason slammed into a pillar on his way down. Percy winced as he watched his friend crumple to the ground. He wanted to make sure Jason was okay, but Polybotes suddenly turned his attention to Percy.

            “If you two are supposed to be the strongest demigods alive, I’m very disappointed,” Polybotes rumbled. “I wonder how the other demigods are…”

            Percy could feel anger welling up in his chest. “Shut up, Polybotes,” he warned. “Jason and I are going to kick your butt. You’ll be sent down into Tartarus again, but there will be no way out.”

            “Oh, I’m shaking,” Polybotes mocked. He began to laugh, throwing his head back. “You’ve gotten much weaker since the last time I fought you. Tartarus has weakened you, son of the sea. While the pit has taken your power away, it’s given me strength.”

            Jason was getting to his feet slowly. He seemed alert, which was good. He only had a few scrapes on his arms and there was a small gash on his forehead. He met Percy’s eyes; his blue eyes alit with anger.

            A message seemed to pass between the two. We have to strike at the same time.

            Percy instantly summoned some water, and storm clouds were gathering around Jason’s body. At the same moment, the ocean water splashed onto Polybotes while lightning struck the giant square in the chest.

            Polybotes was obviously taken off guard, because he nearly collapsed. But he smirked and held a hand out.

            When the water hit the ground, Percy noticed the water turn green. It sizzled against the rocky ground.

            Jason gasped. “Percy, you didn’t say that he turned water into poison,” he hissed, his eyes wide in alarm.

            Polybotes laughed, giving a smug smile. “That’s right, Jason. While Percy can manipulate the water, I can turn it into poison. I’ve gained enough power that I can turn your blood into poison, giving you a slow and painful death.”

            Percy suddenly felt terrified. He knew that he had been in danger when coming here, and now he knew how much trouble he was in.

            I should have come alone, he thought regretfully. Jason can’t die like this. This is my fight. Jason deserves to live.

            In that moment, Percy knew that he needed Jason to get out of there. Percy felt power gripping his gut, and he knew it was his time.

            He had defeated Polybotes before, and he would defeat the giant again. It was likely that he would die in the process, but that was irrelevant.

            Jason was supposed to defeat Porphyrion, who was the king of the gods. That was a much more important task than to defeat Polybotes.           

            In the prophecy, one line definitely was about Jason- To storm or fire, the world must fall. Jason would be a reason that Gaea would fall.

            And in that moment, Percy felt insignificant. He felt like everything he had ever done was just leading up to this moment. He needed to defeat Polybotes, no matter if that meant that he would die.

            “Jason, get out of here,” Percy said slowly.

            Jason’s eyes widened and he looked at Percy in alarm. “What are you talking about? We need to kill Polybotes.”

            “Exactly, this is my fight. You’re the leader, Jason. Take Tempest back to Athens. Help the others in their fights, and make sure they stay alive.” Percy’s breathing was becoming unsteady.

            “Percy, stop talking. I’m staying and-”

            “If I don’t come back, tell Annabeth I’m sorry.” Percy looked away. He couldn’t continue to look at Jason and see his horrified look.

            Polybotes gave a booming laugh. When he spoke, his voice was full of glee. “Oh, is this now a sacrifice? Are you expecting to die, Percy Jackson?”

            Percy didn’t answer. He shut his eyes and concentrated on the ocean. He could feel the waves crash against the cliff face- powerful and out of control. There was a pit growing in his stomach, the familiar tugging feeling. It was like he and the ocean were one.

            He could feel the water rising to his will. He opened his eyes and nearly cried out in joy when he saw the huge wall of water rising.

            The wall of water began to twist and almost convulse. Percy raised his arms, and the water continued to rise. He felt power surging through him. He raised the wall of water as high as he could. When he could no longer build up the strength of the water, he let it go.

            The water started crashing down in a wave. Percy smirked and screamed, feeling the weight of the water leaving him.

            That’s when things went wrong.

            Polybotes roared out, obviously seeing the wave coming towards him. He grabbed his trident and hit Percy in the chest.

            The spikes of the trident dug into the skin of Percy’s chest. Percy screamed in pain, his hands clutching the three places where the trident struck him. He felt the trident shove against him, and he flew backwards. He crumpled to the ground, feeling the blood trickle from the three new wounds in his chest.

            Polybotes was laughing maniacally. He raised his arms, and the water turned green. The poison wave continued to crash down, and Jason stood beneath where the waves would hit.

            Despite being crippled with pain, Percy managed to scream out, “Jason!

            There was no time for Jason would run. The son of Jupiter just looked up, and Percy knew that there was nothing he could do.

            The poison wave would crush Jason, and the son of the sky would die.

A/N: I bet y'all are tired of my cliffhangers. (I'm not.)

this chapter is dedicated to EvilEspressoDrinks c:

hey, look at that. I only updated 2 days ago. I call this an accomplishment.

this chapter was majorly rushed, I know, but I just really wanted to update before tomorrow, since it's Monday, of course.

until next time, guys! next chapter is Annabeth!

- Megan <3

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

51.1K 1.7K 81
"Seven half-bloods shall answer the call To storm or fire the world must fall An oath to keep with a final breath And foes bear arms to the doors of...
61.5K 966 25
Percy and Annabeth are out of Tartarus and alive and the quest to stop Gaea continues. With Gaea nipping at their heels, she seemes to be throwing e...
100K 1K 67
At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put...
1K 20 14
Before the Great Prophecy or the Prophecy of Seven, there was a much older Prophecy that may change everything for our heroes and the battles they ha...