Blood Family

By LexTheAuthor

"Don't ever leave me again" With age comes responsibility, some comes sooner than for others. Being in a fami... More

Before you read/ Family Tree
Chapter One : Matrimony
Chapter Two : Propostion
Chapter Three : Chance Encounters
Chapter Four : Switching It Up
Chapter Five : Out of Line
Chapter Six : Pawns
Chapter Seven : Loosing Your Head
Chapter Eight : All This Love
Chapter Nine : Plotting & Vengence
Chapter Ten : Deadly Moves
Chapter Eleven : Alvin
Chapter Twelve : Insulting
Chapter Thirteen : Grimy
Chapter Fourteen : Nice & Slow
Chapter Fifteen : Old & New
Chapter Sixteen : Christmas Eve
Chapter Seventeen : Incriminating
Chapter Eighteen : Fireworks
Chapter Ninteen : Look What You've Done
Chapter Twenty : Drugs R Us
Chapter Twenty One : Bygones Be Bygones
Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light
Chapter Twenty Three : Have You Ever
Chapter Twenty Four : Exchange
Chapter Twenty Five : Come See Me
Chapter Twenty Six : Burning
Chapter Twenty Seven : Mo Money Mo Problems
Chapter Twenty Eight : Savage
Chapter Twenty Nine : 5-O
Chapter Thirty : Doubts & Fear
Chapter Thirty One : Unconditional
Chapter Thirty Two : Ironic
Chapter Thirty Three : Growth
Chapter Thirty Four : Resentment
Chapter Thirty Five : California Love
Chapter Thirty Six : Cause & Effect
Chapter Thirty Seven : Cut You Off
Chapter Thirty Eight : I Care
Chapter Thirty Nine : Well Done
Chapter forty : No Mercy
Chapter Forty One : Brotherhood
Chapter Forty Three : Blood Line Part One
Chapter Forty Four : Blood Line Part Two
Epligoue

Chapter Forty Two : Too Close

115K 2.5K 7K
By LexTheAuthor

Moriah Scott

Ajani stared straight ahead with a scowl on her face as we road in silence. I used the feather I'd found on the floor of the SUV to tickle her face and she looked at me wondering what the fuck I was doing. I did it again and she moved her head back and looked at me crazily before she pushed my hand away.

"Mo where did you even get that feather from?" She questioned and I nodded towards the ground. She gave me a weird look before she rested back going back into the somber mood she was in. I rolled down the window and let the feather fly out of my hand before watching it as it disappeared going in the opposite direction.

I could tell she was nervous as we drove to pick Jesse up from the airport. She looked like she was worrying about what her father might do and kept gazing out the window as if she were in deep thought.

"On the bright side, you probably won't have to get your hands dirty. He's coming because he cares about you and he loves you" I said resting my head back. Ajani looked over at me briefly before she gave a simple head nod and shut her eyes.

"I'm not mad because he's coming, it's just you know my fadda is a hothead. He does stuff without thinking and then my mother ends up worrying about him. If he's going to be calm then I'm fine with him coming around but you know he's gonna shoot first" she explained.

"Or blow something up. That's typically what he does, I see what you're saying though but you just gotta let things happen. It's okay to silently judge everyone though and talk shit in your head but smile and nod on the outside" I said with a yawn.

"Is that what you do?" Ajani questioned and I laughed out loud. I talked shit in my head and out loud, there was only so much judgement you could hold inside before it started seeping out.

When I heard someone yawn from the backseat I turned and looked at Johan who was slowly sitting up. I'd almost forgotten he'd tagged along to the trip to the airport because he'd been asleep the whole way.

"Jani stop worrying. Fadda is a savage so let him come here and fuck up some lives and do savage shit" Johan said rubbing at his eyes. Ajanj turned and her seat and looked at him and I could see she was trying hard to hide her laughter.

"Of course you'd say that. You're crazy as well" She responded and Johan smiled and shrugged before he laid back down in the backseat and I shook my head.

We arrived at the airport nearly an hour later after all of the traffic. Jesse was waiting in the front with a few of his guards and when he saw the car he walked over and pulled the car open causing Ajani to move into the back with Johan.

"Fadda she hit me!" Johan complained and I shook my head knowing his ass was lying. Jesse ignored him and gave the guards he came with orders to take his luggage elsewhere and wait for Alijah's plane to land while he went ahead.

"Mama and the boys are coming?" Ajani questioned and Jesse glanced over his shoulder at her before he nodded his head and remained silent.

"You seem mad? Who are you mad at? Me or the gyal?" Johan questioned and Jesse ignored him and continued to look down at his cellphone responding to a text from someone.

Jesse eventually tucked his phone into his pocket before he extended his hand to me and I slapped hands with him.

"How you been? Calvin called me and was talking shit saying how you wanted him to off Q" Jesse said and I chuckled and looked ahead.

"I never said that. If he wants to go to prison behind his son then he can do that, I know how to go ghost so I'm not worried about it" I shrugged and Jesse nodded his head.

"I really do care about Cal but he always digs himself into a hole and then when nobody rushes to help him he wanna go cry to Ohaji. The mon doesn't need to be in this business anymore and I'm saying that because I care for him and if he cares so much about Q then he'd make him sit his ass down too" Jesse said and I nodded.

"Fadda why are you ignoring me?" Johan questioned sounding like a child. Jesse continued to ignore what he was saying as he stared straight ahead and looked at his surroundings.

"You're just making it worse" Ajani responded and I glanced in the backseat at the both of them wondering why Johan was in trouble.

"Why is he mad at me?" Johan questioned her and Jesse turned around in his seat and stared at him.

"Bwoy you must want a black eye? Just stop talking before I reach in the backseat and fuck you up" Jesse said through gritted teeth. Ajani casually scooted away from Johan as she remained silent and stared straight ahead.

Johan pouted like a child and looked out the window as Jesse turned back in his seat. I tried to contain my laughter but I couldn't and ended up laughing out loud.

We road over to my parents place and Ajani and I got out of the car as Jesse remained seated and called for Johan to stay behind as well. Ajani glanced at her father before she looked at Johan.

"He's not in trouble is he? He didn't really do anything and if this is about my house being shot up then that's not the bwoys fault either, he tried his best" Ajani said defending him.

"He's not in trouble, gyal this isn't about that" Jesse said bluntly. Ajani shut the car door and we walked over to my parents place were Knox was out front playing with my father and the dogs.

"Jesse here?" My father questioned playfully tossing Knox over his shoulder while he giggled and I nodded my head.

Ajani stayed outside talking to him while I went inside to see my mother. I started to walk up the stairs but decided she'd more than likely be in the kitchen and followed the smell of pancakes.

She and Uncle O were talking as I stepped into the dining room. My mother was placing plates on the table and O was watching her as they talked.

"Am I interrupting?" I questioned glancing at my uncle. He raised an eyebrow before he looked at my mother and then back at me.

"Of course not" he smiled causing his dimples to poke out. I was glad he wasn't still openly pining after my mother but I still side eyed the fuck out of him every time they talked alone.

"Jesse is here. We just picked him up" I said nodding towards the front door. Ohaji looked at my mother and then he looked back at me again.

"I'm actually about to leave and go back to Cali. It's a few things I need to handle" my uncle said and I shook my head.

"Calvin needs to learn how to take care of his self. It's not life or death so you shouldn't have to run over there all the time. He's always doing this shit and you won't always be around" I stated growing annoyed and O chuckled.

"I'm not going for Calvin. It's other business I have to tend to" he said continuing to smile like usual and I looked him over.

"Then let me go with you. I'll help you handle whatever it is you gotta handle" I explained not believing him fully but he declined my offer.

"You need to stay here and look after your mother and father and your niece. It's just a quick trip, I'll be back. Now if you excuse me I have to go say bye to lowercase O" O said punching my arm gently as he walked away.

"What business is he going to handle? I don't like secrets" I said as my mother handled me a plate containing pancakes, eggs and sausage.

"I tried to talk him out of it but he's going to do what he feels like doing. You need to stay here, now take this plate and go and bring it to Aaron, please?" My mother said trying to hide how upset she was.

I remained silent and nodded as I placed the plate on a tray and carried it out of the dining room and headed up the stairs. They'd moved Aaron from the hospital early out of paranoia and gotten him a nurse that came by three times a day to see about his wellbeing.

When I got to the guest bedroom I could hear the television and so I knocked before opening the door. Aaron was laying in bed watching some anime in an open bathrobe looking done with life.

"I brought food. Are you hungry?" I questioned in a dull voice and he slowly looked at me before he pointed to the nightstand and looked back at the TV.

I walked over over and sat his food down for him and started to walk away before I glanced over my shoulder and took a mental note of how depressed he looked.

"You want me to find someone for you to talk to? You look like you're about to end it all and yet I don't care enough to talk to you" I said dryly as I reluctantly took a seat at the foot of the bed.

"Do you think that people come into your life and then leave your life for a reason and not just to fuck with you?" Aaron questioned slowly as he continued to look at me.

"I think that somethings are a growing experience. Both of my brothers are dead and I could honestly care less about someone leaving my life. Better they leave now before they stick around long enough to hurt me" I shrugged.

"I wasn't trying to compare our situations. You probably think I'm weak for feeling like this" He said placing his hand on his neck.

"Not at all. You don't know how I feel on the inside and I don't know how you feel, I don't like to invalidate people's feelings that's dumb to me. I know what you meant but I'm not good at dealing with feelings" I explained.

Aaron was silent for awhile before he looked back at me. I leaned forward and folded my hands together as he grabbed the remote and turned the TV down some.

"Thanks, I guess" he mumbled and I looked at him just as Knox came running into the room holding a bottle of syrup.

"Here!" He yelled loudly as he hopped over and I tried to hold my laughter wondering why the kid was such a little weirdo. I was almost positive he got that shit from Kaine's side of the family because my family wasn't that weird.

"Thank you" Aaron said politely and Knox cheesed as he went running out of the room. I got up to leave but Aaron leaned forward and stopped me. I glanced at his hand on my shoulder and looked at it for awhile until he got the hint and moved it.

"I have to talk to the police soon and I don't know what to say. What if they force me to tell about everything or if they threaten me with jail time" He said sounding like he'd been thinking about it a lot.

"You'll go with one of our lawyers lawyer and he or she won't allow that to happen. You've never killed anyway or sold any drugs right?" I questioned.

"No. I don't think I've ever done anything bad enough for jail time in my life" he said quietly and I nodded my head and started to walk away.

"Then you have nothing to worry about" I called over my shoulder as I left out of my room and went back down stairs.

I could hear Jesse's voice signaling that he and Johan must have been done with their conversation.

"Somebody should keep an eye on that kid up there. He might try and end it all" I said walking passed and my mother hit my arm.

"He wasn't in that bad of shape. He's just going through the breakup blues, he'll be fine in time"  she said as Ajani came around the corner holding Kieran who was sucking on a pacifier and looking at me with the same beady eyes as his father.

"You got something you wanna say?" I questioned the baby as Ajani adjusted him on her hip and shook her head at me.

"Don't be mean to him" She said kissing his cheek. I narrowed my eyes and almost for a second I thought he squinted at me but it was to quick to tell.

"I'm about to go before I start a staring contest. I'm not in the mood" I said leaning forward and staring Kieran down but he remained unbothered.

"You're not staying for breakfast?" My mother questioned and I rubbed the back of my neck and declined.

"I would but Nandy is trying to cook more and she gets offended over everything and if I eat your food I won't wanna eat her shit" I stated and my mother didn't question me further she just walked over and kissed my cheek.

"Come over when you get settled and we can talk" I said to Jesse and he gave a simple nod as I left out of the house shoving my hands into my pocket.

I looked over at O who hadn't left yet and he and Knox were to busy having a dramatic moment as he talked to my father as well.

My uncle looked up at me briefly and we made eye contact before he smiled and I got this really weird feeling. Almost like the wind had been knocked out of me but it didn't last very long.

-

I laid back in bed placing my arms behind my head after waking up from a two hour nap. Nandy was standing on top of the bed looking down at me and I stared back wondering what the hell was her problem.

"I feel like if I don't talk to someone I'm going to explode" She said as she slowly sat down on the bed and folded her legs. I continued to stare at her and she smiled and rocked back and forth like a loser which made me laugh.

"Talk about what?" I questioned and Nandy glared at me which caused me to sit up and yawn. I didn't understand why she was looking at me like that, I could've just Ignored her like usual but I was trying to be nice.

"Moriah I want to tell people about the baby. We can't just wait for it to get here before we tell people, this is the furthest along I've ever been and I want to share it with your mom and stuff" Nandy said and I looked at the ceiling.

"I think you should wait until you at least know the gender. There's no need to rush into it, I just don't wanna see you get hurt" I explained and Nandy looked down at her small baby bump that was slightly noticeable and she smiled and nodded.

"I'll wait until the second trimester, it'll be hard but I can do it" Nandy said placing her hand over her stomach and I leaned forward kissing her lips.

"I can't believe I spent all that time trying for a baby and then I get a baby when we aren't even trying. I wasn't even expecting it at all, Jesse was right. The moment I stopped stressing it happened" Nandy said as I got up out of bed.

I walked over to my bedroom window and looked out of it seeing my parents house was packed with a lot of people. Feeling eyes on me I looked back over at Nandy as she sat on the bed and watched me.

"Are we going to go next door or are you gonna be antisocial?" She questioned and I shrugged and grabbed a shirt from the drawer and pulled it over my head.

"You can go next door if you want. I have something I need to do" I said opening the bedroom door just as the doorbell from downstairs rung.

I glanced over my shoulder at Nandy who shrugged not knowing who it was. I walked down the steps before looking out the window and spotted Jesse who was smoking a blunt and looking around.

I turned the locks on the door and pulled it open as he dropped the small blunt and stepped on it putting it out. My brother in law entered my house and I frowned when I saw my nephew Ainsley entering behind him.

"You break anything in this house and I will choke you out bwoy" Jesse said and Ainsley folded his arms and walked ahead.

"Is Nate home?" He questioned and I pointed towards the living room causing him to run off quickly leaving Jesse and I alone.

Jesse and I walked into my kitchen and he took a seat on a stool. His eyes landed on a bottle of vodka and I grabbed it and moved it into me refrigerator.

"Thank you" he mumbled placing both of his hands on the counter. He watched me as I walked around the kitchen cleaning up from what Nandy had cooked hours ago.

"The gyal can't cook, or clean what does she do?" Jesse teased and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

"She's learning, she's just a bit delayed" I said dryly and he shook his head to hide his laughter. I didn't give a fuck though, Nandy had come a long way and even though I wasn't a fan of children, since I was about to have a child I would rather it be with her than anyone else.

I just hoped my kid took after me and he or she wasn't annoying. I also hoped my kid wouldn't be mentally ill, I just wanted it to be as normal as it possibly could in this family.

"You must be thinking about some serious shit bwoy" Jesse said pulling me out of my thoughts but I gave a simple shrug.

"Just a lot of shit. Nothing I can't handle though" I assure and Jesse looked at me suspiciously but remained quiet as he picked up an apple from the fruit bowl and held it up. I gave a simple nod signaling he could have it and he got up and went to the sink to wash it off.

"Calvin just called me again still all in his feelings and we had a long conversation. We indirectly talked about the Q situation" Jesse said over his shoulder.

"It is what is it, I love him but he thinks he's right about everything and people suffer because of it" I shrugged.

"I stopped trying to figure Calvin out a long time ago, I was driving myself crazy and I couldn't do it anymore" Jesse said before biting into the apple he held.

I opened my mouth to speak when my side door opened and Kaine came in. He paused and glanced at his father in law who was eyeing him and nervously cleared his throat.

"Jesse, I didn't think you'd be here until later" Kaine said avoiding his gaze. Jesse remained silent as he chewed some of the apple in his mouth and stared at him.

"Did you need something?" I questioned and Kaine ignored me and quickly ran out shutting the door from behind.

"I don't understand why the bwoy always runs. He acts like I won't shoot him" Jesse said with a sigh as he shook his head.

"Your gotta give Kaine some slack. He treats Ajani very well and he's a good father, you could've had worse for a son in law" I explained and Jesse chuckled.

"I like Kaine because of those reasons. I honestly don't realize why the bwoy is so scared of me, I don't do anything to him" Jesse said with a shrug.

"Didn't forget about the time you assaulted him on your front yard? You and Johan jumped him" I remind and Jesse started to laugh before he stopped.

"You're right and that batty bwoy did punched me in the face" Jesse said as if he'd had a flashback of that night.

"Let's not think about the past" I said eyeing him. Jesse seemed to relax as he shrugged it off and went back to eating his Apple. I still felt like Kaine should watch his back though incase Jesse shanked him by surprise.

I felt my phone in my pocket and pulled it out seeing a text from Zaire. I placed my finger on it unlocking the phone before clicking the message. Zaire was just questioning me about why Ohaji was coming back to California and I didn't have an answer for him.

"Oh Jesse it was you at the door" Nandy said coming into the kitchen. Jesse greeted her with a simple nod as he chewed what was in his mouth.

"We're leaving soon, just thought I'd tell you now. I might be out all night" I explained and Nandy grew concerned.

"Really? Are you sure?" She asked looking between Jesse and I as if I was lying. I nodded my head and Nandy gave me an unsure look.

"Can you just call so I know you're somewhere resting safe and not just pop up tomorrow morning like you usually do. It gives me anxiety and I'm trying to stay calm right now and not worry, you know why" she said touching my arm.

"I'll call" I said simply as she kissed my lips and went on her way. I glanced at my brother in law who was smirking at me and I tried to refrain from smiling.

"Well look at this. Bwoy I never thought you'd be into kissing publicly or even showing any type of affection. Good for you" he joked.

"Mind your business. Is Alijah still mad at you?" I questioned and he furrowed his eyebrows growing confused.

"Why would she- Oh! You mean about me lying about the vasectomy? No the gyal isn't mad, she can't stay mad at me, I'm daddy" Jesse shrugged.

"You're what?" My father questioned entering the kitchen and Jesse glanced over his shoulder and eyed my father as I looked down.

"I'm not Kaine, I'll repeat myself but I don't want to be disrespectful" Jesse said bluntly. He and my father eyed each other before they both smiled easing the awkward tension.

Things grew quiet and I got up and walked over to the window. I noticed my mother pointing at a house and my sister appeared and they continued a conversation.

"Don't tell me y'all are planning to move to New York too, right?" I questioned looking over my shoulder at Jesse who tossed what was left of the apple in the garage.

"We're thinking about it. I want all my kids to be together and I want to be closer to my grandkids and be around to knock Johan the hell out when the bwoy steps out of line" Jesse said and I sighed.

"Pretty soon everyone will be living in this neighborhood and asking for sugar all the time" I mumbled and my father walked over and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Kaine and Ajani might move. They aren't sure yet but they might move closer this way, it'll be fun Mo" He said pinching my cheek and I mugged him.

"Father you know I don't like to be touched. Touching my face is going to far" I said gently pushing his hand away and he hugged me instead causing me to sigh.

"You use to love me. I was your favorite person in the entire world and now you just mean" he said and I went to speak until I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye.

My gaze went to Jesse who was laughing and holding up his phone. I broke free from my father's grip and stared him down.

"Delete it" I said in a calm tone to control my anxiety. Jesse held up his phone showing me there was no picture but I didn't believe him.

"Let's just go handle what we have to handle" I said as Jesse lowered his phone. I walked ahead of him towards the front already knowing he was going to send the picture to Zaire and Darius.

They didn't think I knew about the group chat they had where they'd take pictures of me off guard and send it to one another and laugh. I wouldn't of known if Marco hadn't slipped up and showed me.

I grabbed my coat and stepped outside seeing Kaine was buckling Kieran's car seat into the car while Knox climbed in. When he felt eyes on him he looked over at me and squinted his eyes briefly before he waved like a nerd.

Seeing Kaine happy though with his kids reminded me of why I was even getting involved with all of this. I wanted to protect my niece and nephew of course but I wanted to protect him too, I'd never say it to his goofy ass face though.

I hoped to be as good of a father as him with my kid if God allowed Nandy to keep this baby, which I hoped he did.

Kaine Turner

"You titty milk wasted as fuck, huh?" I questioned Kieran as he laid on my chest trying to stay awake. Feeling him breathing was oddly calming, this was a first for us because he usually don't be bothered with me when he was tired, all he wanted was Ajani.

Feeling eyes on me I looked up at Knox who was peeking around the corner at me squinting his eyes. When we locked eyes he took off running in the opposite direction and I couldn't control the laughter that came out.

"Knox come here" I said placing my hand on Kieran's back to keep him steady while I laughed and waited for Knox to come back. Knox eventually returned and walked over to the couch pulling himself up and sitting on me. He tried to keep his pouty face but he began to smile showing he really wasn't upset.

He gently touched the back of Kieran's head liking the feeling of his hair. I shifted some before giving Knox room to lay down on me. As he got comfortable Ajani came around the corner and looked at us and she smiled.

"How many more of these are you trying to have?" I questioned eyeing her and she rubbed her chin and pretended to think.

"Three more" she said simply and my eyes widened. Having two kids was fun and manageable but I don't know how I felt about having five kids, one of them was bound to come out annoying.

"What if we have two girls back to back, you get two of what you want and I already got two of what I want. Why we gotta have an odd number?" I questioned as the doorbell rung.

"Then I'll leave you alone" She said with a simple shrug. Someone rung the doorbell again and my eyes widened as I stared at her.

"Make sure it's not your dad first and if it is give me a heads up so I can go hide" I said quickly. Ajani rolled her eyes playfully and walked away obviously thinking that this was a game and I was joking about this shit.

I heard the door open as Knox climbed off of the couch and went through the double doors towards his playroom. A few moments later Angelo and his girlfriend Goddess entered and they both greeted me.

"Oh my god he's so cute" She said as she stepped closer to get a better look at Kieran. I smiled proudly continuing to rub my sons back.

"Yeah well we know who he gets it from" I said cockily as Ajani came into the living room and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah from Ajani, we all know that" Angelo said as he took a seat in the arm chair and leaned back putting his feet on the coffe table like he lived here.

"You don't ever post pictures of your son. I wouldn't of even known you had kids, is this the older one?" Goddess questioned picking up a family picture of all of us and Ajani gave a simple nod.

"Yeah, he was just in here. He probably went to go play" Ajani said as she pushed Angelo's feet off of the table and he smacked his teeth.

"So did you cook? Let's get this dinner party started" Angelo said rubbing his hands together. Ajani looked at me and I forced a smile and awkwardly averted my gaze down to Kieran feeling like me holding him was stopping her from trying to shank me.

"No I didn't cook. Knox already ate his Dino nuggets so I was going to make a salad for dinner and Kaine wanted leftovers" Ajani said shutting him down and his smile dropped.

"Don't be like that, we're practically like family." Angelo said Ajani turned to walk away causing him to get up and run after her trying to plead his case.

Goddess took a seat in the spot Angelo once occupied as I sat up supporting the back of Kieran's head as he stirred in his sleep before getting comfortable.

"When did you and Ajani get together?" Goddess questioned curiously attempting to make conversation and I stared at her for awhile not getting any bad vibes from her.

"I was fifteen and she was fourteen when we got together. I knew she'd be the mother of my kids, she just didn't know it yet" I said leaning back on the couch some as Goddess laughed.

Knox came back into the living room pulling Johan along with him. When my son saw Goddess he squinted at her and she waved at him being friendly.

"Knox don't squint at people" I said as he still eyed her suspiciously. Johan and Goddess also shared an awkward look with one another.

I was tempted to question it until I saw Johan giving me a threatening look. We broke eye contact as Ajani came back into the living room without Angelo.

"Papá look!" Knox said pointing at my phone that had lit up from the table. I lifted it up and glanced at Malik's number before answering it.

"Hello? I called you three times earlier and you're just now getting back to me?" I said growing agitated.

"I did something bad Kaine" Malik said in an sad tone. I allowed Ajani to take Kieran from me as I got up from the couch.

"Don't say anything else. Just tell me in person, where are you?" I questioned picking up my car keys and Malik sighed.

"At a park. If I tell you where you gotta come alone" he responded and I slowly pulled the phone away from my ear. Angelo asked me if everything was okay as he came back into the living room and I nodded my head.

"Yeah it's just Malik asking for the Netflix password again. I'm about to step out and pick up some liquor, I'll be back" I said starting to walk away and Angelo grabbed my shoulder.

"With everything going on you shouldn't be making moves alone. Let me go with you" Angelo said sounding concerned.

"I'll be back nigga just chill" I said placing the phone back to my ear. I could hear Malik breathing so I knew he hadn't hung up.

"Hurry up then" Angelo said pushing me towards the hallway leading to the front door. I returned back to my conversation with Malik and he told me what park he was at.

As I was leaving my house I spotted a car parked a few houses down cranking up. I shook my head and unlocked my car.

"I'm being followed" I tell him wanting him to not have anything incriminating with him. He was the type of person who'd have a dead body out in the open and think there was nothing wrong with it.

"I'm good. I'll see you when you get here" he said in a groggy voice. I pulled the phone away from my ear and hung it up before climbing into the car.

I ignored the car and pulled out of my driveway going to the park my older brother said he was at. As I pulled up I spotted him sitting on a bench with a closed jacket and the car that had followed me continued driving as if I hadn't noticed them.

Malik glanced over his shoulder briefly as I climbed out of the car and hit the alarm. I walked over to him slowly and sat down reaching into my pocket to pull on my gloves.

"I killed her. I know you said not to but I did it anyway, I couldn't help it" Malik said lowly. I leaned forward and looked at the shoes on my feet not fully registering what he said. I wasn't sure if it was because it was cold or if I didn't believe him right away.

"Killed who?" I questioned and Malik chuckled and shook his head remaining silent. He went to stand up but I grabbed his arm attempting to get him to stay. Malik snatched away from me and tucked his hands into his pocket as he looked at me with his bloodshot eyes growing angry.

"You know who!" He snapped and I looked over my shoulder making sure nobody was around. "I killed our mother" Malik said simply and I paused.

"We talked about this and you swore you wouldn't open up that can of worms. She was trash for what she did to you Malik but they're going to trace this back to us and I don't want to see you doing time for this, for her especially" I stressed rubbing my forehead.

"Wether you wanted me to do it or not I did it. It's done, I don't have to deal with her being able to walk freely on earth after she took my innocence. The only person who might miss her is Aaron but she made everyone's life miserable. Yo, don't make me feel like what I did was wrong" Malik said folding his arms.

"How did you do it? We have to get an alibi and we have to try and go clean up the crime scene" I said placing my hand to my forehead as I looked up at the sky.

"I shot her and sat her apartment on fire. They'll find her soon and you already have an alibi so there's nothing for you to worry about. If I go to jail for it, it won't affect me. I did what I wanted to do" Malik said confusing me.

"An alibi? What alibi do I have?" I questioned standing up. Malik walked up and down the small sidewalk slowly pacing.

"The cop that's following you around. He knows where you are all the time and he'll know there's no way you did anything. Aaron just got shot and he's not in good shape, so that just leaves me" he explained.

"I'm not worried about Aaron, I know he's good. You're so use to always being on your own and looking out for yourself that you don't see I'm trying to help you. We just started to understand each other and I don't hate you anymore. All of us are starting to act like a family and I don't want all that thrown away for this. You deserve to be happy and not sitting behind bars for life!" I snapped feeling my anger building up.

Malik looked away avoiding my gaze and I saw him start to tear up. I'd never seen Malik shed tears before so it caught me off guard and I didn't know how to react.

"I had to do it. I really did" Malik said as he sat back down on the bench and covered his face. I gave him a moment feeling like trying to comfort him wouldn't be the best move at the moment.

"Don't worry about it. It's not a big loss, there was no coming back from that, I'll take care of it. But you have to go to therapy, not with me and Aaron but something that focuses on just you" I said and Malik looked up at me briefly.

"Yeah" he responded in a broken voice. I sat back down by him resting my hand on his shoulder and he glanced at it for a moment before staring straight ahead not asking me to move it.

"I went there to try and talk to her and find out why she did me like that. I didn't go there with the intent of shooting her, but she was brushing the shit off like it wasn't a big deal. Like it didn't change my life and I wasn't fucked up mentally. My rage got the best of me and I shot her three times" Malik explained.

"Did anyone see you go into her apartment? What angle did you come in?" I questioned and Malik was silent for a moment before he shook his head.

"Nobody saw. I wore a hoodie and went up the backstairs where the blind spot is from the street" He said clearing his throat.

"How long a go was this?" I questioned looking at the time on my watch trying to see how likely it was they were putting the fire out right now.

"About an hour ago, maybe two" he sighed and I nodded my head again before I pulled out my work phone and sent a text in code to Moriah hoping he'd figure it out.

After placing my phone back into my pocket I leaned back on the bench and watched as Malik pulled himself together but I wasn't sure if he was strong enough to do so.

"You don't look like you're in the best shape to go back to your place. Just stay the night in my guest room or something" I said and he looked over at me like he didn't trust me.

"I don't want to" he responded and I sighed and leaned forward to meet his gaze. Malik held eye contact with me for a little while before he looked straight ahead.

"I thought when I told you this you might shed a few tears but you look fine. Aaron probably won't ever forgive me" Malik said as he coughed.

"Aaron isn't a crybaby anymore and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But he's strong and if he knows why you did what you did I don't think he'd dwell on it. He doesn't want to see you hurt, he doesn't want to see anyone hurt" I explained.

"Go with me to tell him tomorrow. That is if I'm not being handcuffed and placed into the back of a cop car soon" He said coughing again.

I glanced over my shoulder as the car that had been following me pulled up and parked next to my car. The cop inside didn't get out, he left his car running and bit into a candy car as he smiled at me and placed a cellphone to his ear.

"You aren't going to jail stop saying that shit" I whispered as my phone vibrated and I removed it from my pocket and looked at the text from Moriah.

He texted me back a simple 'done' and I smirked and stood up. Malik looked up at me using the sleeve of his jacket to wipe his eyes.

"Let go back to my place. In the morning we'll go talk to Aaron" I assured and my brother hesitated before he eventually got up and walked beside me as we went to my car.

"I'm just warning you there's a lot of people at my house. You can go through the back though instead of walking through the house so nobody tries to talk to you" I explained.

As we approached my car the cop backed out of the parking space and pulled off like I was going to walk up and shoot him. I'd thought about it but like Malik said he was going to end up being a useful alibi in the end.

Malik got into the backseat and laid down as I started the car up. I looked at him in the rearview mirror before backing out of the space.

"You know what I always wanted to be when I was an adult?" Malik questioned randomly while I drove.

"No, what?" I questioned always figuring if he could choose an occupation it'd probably be a serial killer but I didn't want to offend him right now.

"A barber. I want to open a barbershop and cut hair" he responded and I raised an eyebrow realizing I didn't know him that well at all.

"What do you do now? Maybe we could go into business together if you're serious" I explained and Malik laughed.

"I don't do anything fancy, just sell drugs to pay rent and my bills. Not trying to be a big drug dealer though just something until I figure my life out. I spend most of my time just laying in the dark" he said and I rubbed my chin.

Malik had suffered enough and I never wanted him to carry that burden by himself. I loved the drug game but it was never meant to last forever. I'd had my fun and it was time to do right by my family, or I wouldn't have one for much longer.

-

I woke up the next morning and tried to sit up but ended up laying back down. I reached over and touched the other side of the bed expecting it to be empty but I touched Ajani's naked back making me look over at her.

Her back was to me and her hair was pulled up on top of her head. I leaned over and looked at her seeing she was sleeping peacefully and the sex from the night before came rushing back to me causing me to smile as I carefully pushed the covers off of myself so she she wouldn't wake up.

After coming home with Malik he'd went to my guesthouse to sleep and I just remember pulling Ajani upstairs and we'd ended up having sex in the shower for a few hours. I went into my bathroom and took care of my morning hygiene before releasing my bladder.

It wasn't until I remembered my talk with Malik that I remembered my mother was dead. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of briefs and sweatpants before leaving out of my bedroom. Knox's room door was open and I glanced inside seeing he was up and playing with his toys while Johan attempted to play the Wii.

"Did he eat already?" I questioned yawning and Johan nodded his head before he gestured for me to go away. I pushed open Kieran's nursery and walked over to his crib only to realize he wasn't in it.

"Yo Johan, where's Kieran?" I questioned walking back to Knox's room. Johan glanced at me briefly before back at the game.

"He should still be in his crib" He responded and I walked back and looked again as if I was seeing things before.

"No, my sons not there" I called and Johan stepped out of the room and looked at me. I quickly jogged down the steps and walked passed the living room noticing Malik who was lifting my son up and staring at him.

"Oh, he's down here with you. I almost had a heart attack" I said and Malik moved Kieran to his hip as he looked at me.

"He was crying, so I changed him and gave him a bottle that was in the fridge. I'm not use to holding babies but I like him" Malik responded as he looked down at Kieran.

"Yeah my kids are likable. Who would've thought" I said with a shrug. Kieran looked contempt and not mugging like usual which was a change.

Malik went to adjust how he was holding him when Kieran spit up on his shirt. My brother froze and handed me my son before he looked at the spit up and quickly rushed to the nearest bathroom.

"You can't be doing that. Your uncle is crazy, he might've spike you on the ground and we can't have that" I said carrying Kieran into the kitchen where I wiped his mouth off.

I nearly jumped when my house phone started to ring and I paused. Our house phone consisted of a regular iPhone that just sat on the counter that nobody ever used. I couldn't even think of the last time somebody had ever called that number.

"Hello?" I questioned placing the phone back to my ear. I heard whispering back and forth on the other end and then a familiar voice.

"Kaine, what's going on? Dad just called me and he said-" Aaron began before he paused. I grew silent half expecting to hear him crying but it didn't come.

"He said what?" I questioned acting clueless. I looked at Kieran who was looking up at me and I felt like he was silently judging because he knew I was lying.

"You don't know? Moms dead, someone killed her" Aaron said sounding like he was struggling. I heard footsteps coming up behind me and I turned around to see Malik entering the kitchen after he took his shirt off. He tossed the shirt he was carrying in the trash before he rubbed his neck.

"What happened?" I questioned slowly as I placed my phone on speaker. Aaron repeated exactly what out father had told him and I did my best to show some emotion.

Malik placed his hands on top of his head and walked out of the kitchen. Kieran started to cry not liking the position I was holding him in and I struggled to multitask.

"Malik is here, I should probably go tell him. Let me pull myself together and I'll come over there" I said and Aaron agreed before we both hung up.

Feeling someone gently tug at Kieran I looked at Ajani who sleepily took him from me. She yawned before she looked at me.

"What is going on?" She questioned as I bit my lip and tried to shrug it off. She was looking at me intently and I tried so hard to avoid her gaze.

"My mom is dead. Someone killed her" I said and she didn't flinch. Her gaze traveled to the floor like she was thinking.

"Jenny? Or was it something that had to be done?" Ajani questioned and I glanced over her making sure Malik wasn't in the hallway.

"It was something that just happened. Jenny didn't do this" I explained and Ajani touched my shoulder as if she was silently asking if I was okay and I nodded.

"Tell me if you need anything. I'm gonna go give him a bath and get ready for the day" she said as she went to walk away. I gently grabbed her arm and kissed her lips before allowing her to continue on.

I walked to the front of the house and looked out the window. The cop car was sitting out front and I spotted the cop sitting inside the car drinking coffee and reading something in his phone. I was thinking about having Ajani cook a dinner and inviting him to it just to be petty to show him that he wasn't getting to me by following me around.

"Bwoy you should go introduce yourself" My father in law said causing me to jump. I looked over my shoulder at Jesse surprised.

"When did you get here? Don't sneak up on me like that" I said glancing towards the door incase I needed a quick escape.

"Just do what I said when you leave and quit being so scary" Jesse said looking me over with disgust. I nodded my head and he turned and walked away bumping into Malik in the process. Jesse looked at him and then back at me before he continued on without questioning it.

Malik and I ended up leaving the house an hour later with Knox and I took my father in laws advice and went over to the car introducing myself to the cop following me around. He was caught off guard and hesitated to shake my hand but ended up doing so and watched me get into my car and drive away.

We stopped by a bakery and picked up donuts for Aaron to make it easier to break the news to him, he'd been upset and being all morbid and shit. I'd tried to get him out of his feelings but if Ajani divorced me I'd probably be in my feeling too, so I just let him cry it out and heal.

When we pulled up to Jade and Ivory's place Jade was outside shoveling snow. I unbuckled Knox and grabbed his bag of toys and we greeted him.

"Is Mo home?" I questioned and Jade shook his head and continued shoveling the snow. I looked across the street towards Mo's house, I'd had him send his connections to clean up my mother's crime scene a little incase Malik was sloppy.

"We actually came by to talk to Aaron and drop Knox off. My mom actually died last night" I explained after covering Knox's ears and Jade stopped what he was doing.

"Sorry to hear that. My mother died when I was young too" he said almost as if he were having a flashback.

"Nah it's okay, we aren't sweating it" I shrugged ushering Knox to the front door. Jade shrugged it off and went back to what he was doing.

"Aaron's in the guest bedroom. He has company over I think" Jade explained and I tapped Malik gesturing for him to follow me.

"Bye papá" Knox said dismissing me before running off to find Ivory. Malik and I jogged up the staircase and I went to the door where I heard some Japanese shit and pushed it open.

Aaron was laying in bed and some dude I'd never seen before sat at the foot of his bed and they were both talking, Aaron was even smiling which caught me off guard. Malik cleared his throat and they both looked up at us.

"Oh Amaru, these are my brothers Kaine and Malik" Aaron introduced. He greeted us with a simple nod and Malik continued to eye him without speaking, the usual shit.

"Can we talk to him alone. Nothing personal, it's just family shit" I said and Amaru looked at the time on his watch.

"I should be out anyway. I'll come by and see you tomorrow morning before I head back to Cali" He said with a wink before he went on his way. Malik who stood in the doorway stepped to the side allowing him to go passed.

"How you know him?" I questioned and Aaron and avoided my gaze. "Oh so you to weak to speak now? I'll take my food back" I said and Aaron sighed.

"When we took that trip to Cali a few months ago I met him. He's friends with Alex and we kinda became friends. It's nothing serious we're just friends" he mumbled.

"Fuck all that lets get on topic. What did Enzo say when he told you about mom?" Malik questioned sitting down.

"He just called me and said that she'd been murdered. I guess the police told him, legally him and mom are still married which I didn't know" Aaron said.

"You don't seem to broken up about it. You were a mamas boy so I thought you'd take it the worst" I explained and Aaron placed his hand on his chest.

"I just got shot, I'm to emotionally and physically drained to cry over anyone. Maybe I'll shed some tears later" he said dryly.

Malik and I shared a look and he shook his head signaling me not to tell him. I walked over to the other side of Aaron's bed and sat down.

The room engulfed itself in silence with us stealing occasional glances at each other. I eventually laid back on the bed with Aaron leaving Malik sitting in the chair.

"I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. It's always been just us and it's going to end with just us" I said and Aaron smiled.

"I'm just happy that we're acting like brothers now. I don't feel alone and this was really all I always wanted. It's sad we got screwed over and born into this family" Aaron said.

"I'm not. If we hadn't I'd never of met one of the baddest females in the game, who would've thought I would ever get married with kids?" I questioned.

"Nobody. Nobody ever thought you'd get married or have kids" Malik said bluntly. I pulled at my facial hair ignoring him.

"I think I'm better looking then you both. I wonder who I'll marry" Aaron said cockily and I laughed loudly. I was insecure sometimes but I knew that was just a lie.

"Yo you both are really lame as hell" Malik said glancing at himself in the mirror while he pulled at his beard. Aaron groaned as he tried to turn his head and I helped him so he wouldn't have to move his neck.

"Thanks" he responded as he grabbed the remote and turned the TV up revealing he was watching One Piece. I opened my mouth to complain until I spotted the bandage covering his bullet wound and I stopped as guilt took over.

He didn't deserve what happened to him, and even though the person who shot him was more than likely after Moses I still felt like it was my fault. I didn't want Aaron to get caught up in the cross fire and loose his life.

Johan Powell

"Why you sitting out here in the cold looking like you lost your best friend?" My fadda questioned as I sat bundled up on top of my car and scrolled through one of my exes Instagram. My relationships never lasted a month, I just didn't like to be in them because I had to have an emotional relationship and it wasn't purely physical.

"Fuck Angelo, he off acting like Kaine" I mumbled and my father took a seat next to me. He was silent for awhile before he nudged me to get my attention. I placed my phone in my pocket and adjusted my beanie while I waited for what he had to say.

"Bwoy I know you don't like relationships or being vulnerable with anybody. But if that's the case you gotta realize that one day all of your friends are going to outgrow this stage and be starting families. You don't want to have a family?" He questioned.

"I don't want to have kids and I haven't fell in love with anyone. I don't know" I said with a shrug and he started to laugh. I grew a stale face wondering what I said that was so funny.

"Remember when you were a likkle bwoy and you use to measure your junk. It really hit me that you're twenty one now and not twelve" he said and I rubbed my chin.

"I don't recall that, I don't think that happened" I said avoiding his gaze and he draped his arm over his shoulder.

"Well whatever you decide to do in life, I'll be proud of you. You don't have to get married and start a family, that's not for everyone" he said and I bit the inside of my cheek as I hid the smile on my face.

"Why are women so complicated anyway? I might not want a relationship but that doesn't mean we can't be fuck buddies. Just cause you cheat on a girl like five times and once with her cousin, she just can't forgive you. I don't get it" I said and my father shook his head.

"Women don't like to be cheated on. I learned that the hard way" he said mumbling the last part. Ajani's house opened up and Ainsley and Seven came running down the steps excitedly carrying nerf guns.

"Daddy, I wanna live with Knox" Seven whined as he extended his arms wanting to be lifted up. My fadda lifted my six year old brother up and sat him on his lap while Ainsley leaned against my arm and rubbed his face on my jacket.

"Yes fadda, we want to come here" Ainsley said and our fadda scratched his beard as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Your mama is looking at houses with your sister. We'll try and find a house maybe in the same neighborhood as them" My dad responded and I chuckled.

"Kaine know about this? The bwoy might have a heart attack and I wanna be there when it happens" I smirked and he smiled.

"We'll keep the family house in Jamaica for summer and move here, something a decent size but we don't need that big ass house full time" he said and I sighed and nodded.

"I think it'll be good for the Knox to have his uncles in school with him so when shit pops off all three of them will whoop some ass until Kieran gets old enough to start school" I said nodding.

"Ainsley stay fighting Seven battles. This bwoy pushed him at the beach and Ainsley jumped on him and attacked him while Seven stepped back and watched him do his dirty work" He said and I laughed.

"You're a Powell you can't be soft" I said looking Seven and he smiled shyly before he looked at Ainsley who was scrunching his face up.

"He was bigger then me" Seven responded. My mother came to the front door and looked at all of us in the cold.

"Why are all of you sitting in the cold. Get inside before you get sick, you don't even have on the proper jackets" my mother scolded. My father lowered Seven to the ground before he made he and Ainsley go back inside.

"Let's go Johan" he said and I jumped down and walked back inside with him. My mother was looking at me weirdly and I looked back at her.

"Fight me mama" I said opening my jacket some and she raised an eyebrow and looked at my father and he quickly went inside hiding his smile.

"Don't tempt me" she said slapping my back as I walked passed her. I winced as she shut the door and locked it and Julez who was walking passed laughed at me.

"You can fight me too. Run up" I threatened and Julez held up his middle finger.  I noticed he was holding his ribs like he'd been hurt and continued walking.

"Carter beat you up again?" I questioned and he mugged me. Before I could walk passed my father came back holding car keys to one of my sisters cars and he leaned down and kissed my moms lips.

"We'll be back, just some errands to run" he said and I rubbed my chin trying to hide my smile figuring that I'd get to shank someone today. It was just one of the feelings I got and then I got all happy like it was Christmas morning.

Ainsley begged to go but he was told no and he got mad as hell and stomped away and I slapped in the back of the head causing him to fall over all dramatically like he was about to die.

"Ow. Mama he hit me" he cried loudly and she helped him up and pulled him off to the side where she said something he must of not liked judging by his face.

"Keep your hands to yourself. Let's go" my fadda ordered and I smacked my teeth and walked ahead of him. For the first time since I'd been outside I noticed Ajani's other car wasn't parked in front of the garage.

"Did the gyal leave?" I questioned and he gave a simple nod without elaborating. I climbed into the passenger seat and remained silent. Everyone was gone, I hadn't seen Kaine since earlier this morning and even Ajani had slipped away and yet nobody took me with them.

I felt like the redhead step child and even though Kaine annoyed me I'd rather be with him then being with my parents at least then I'd be likely to see some action. My fadda got old and he never be wanting to kill people anymore.

My father looked down at his phone and typed the address into the GPS. I leaned back and put my seatbelt on before licking my lips to keep them from becoming chapped.

We drove to some place I'd never been before and I spotted uncle Mo talking to a cop. I glanced at my father who didn't seem surprised as he cut the car off.

"Is the mon on our payroll?" I questioned following my father out of the car and he nodded his head. The cop looked up from the conversation before he excused himself from Moriah taking a piece of paper with him.

He called something in on his radio and my father walked over and slapped hands with him. Mo looked at me briefly before he zipped his jacket up some more.

"That was something I had to do for someone" he said almost as if he could read my mind and tell I was curious about what he was doing.

"Kaine? I saw the bwoys mom on the news this morning" I admitted and Mo didn't confirm or deny he just turned his attention back to my father.

"I think I can make a deal with some higher ups and stop this shit from getting any messier. A good friend of mind put in a good word and all Kaine would have to do is walk away from the game and never get involved with anything else. But you can never trust the police fully, some of them always have other motives" he said.

"And Ohaji? You heard from him since yesterday when he went back to Cali? I called Cal, Sincere and Zaire and they didn't answer, Darius is on vacation with his family so he don't know what's up either" My father stated.

"He's O so who really knows. He probably put all they overgrown asses on punishment, you know he still sends Cal to timeout" Mo reminded and I tried to hold my laughter in.

"Anyway. I got some shit to show you" he smirked as he went to his trunk and popped it. I walked over and when I saw all of the guns I grabbed my chest taking a step back.

"Fadda can I pick first, let me pick a gun first" I begged but he ignored me and looked over the guns before he grabbed a silver hand gun and handed it to me.

"That's all you need. Carry at least two guns on you at all times" he said and I clenched my jaw and nodded anyway not wanting to show him I was mad.

"So what do you want me to do?" I questioned and Mo looked up at me briefly before his gaze shifted to my father who was still looking over the firearms.

"Nothing. Bwoy only do something if you need to and your life is in danger" he responded and I tucked the gun away.

"Not using me wouldn't be wise. Come on fadda, I like to do this" I complained placing my hand on top of my head.

My uncle shook his head wanting me to drop the conversation and I listened to him and remained silent. I didn't give a fuck about what he was talking about, I was going to do what I wanted to do and he'd thank me later.

I pulled out my phone about to call Angelo when his number appeared on my screen as if he could read my mind.

"Bwoy what do you want?" I questioned playing it off. I could hear what sounded like a crowed in the background.

"Jo, strip club tonight? I gotta get away from Goddess, there's only so much of this relationship shit I can take at once" He said sounding like he was whispering.

"Ion know, I might have a couple of hoes to fuck tonight" I said lying through my teeth. I was hoping he'd want to make it rain on some strippers tonight but I ain't wanna come across as needy.

"What hoes? You still stalking all your exes on social media?" He questioned and I frowned shaking my head like he could see me.

"I don't stalk them on social media. I'm glad they moved on or downgraded, whatever" I mumbled and Angelo laughed loud as hell making me pull the phone away from my ear.

"Whatever. I'll come by Ajani place and I'll be your wingman for tonight and hook you up with a bad bitch. I need you to cuff some broad so we can triple date, me and Goddess, Kaine and Ajani and whatever women you don't end up scaring away or murdering. Whichever comes first" he said and Moriah tapped me signaling me to get off the phone.

I hung the phone up on Angelo not liking he was trying to make me out to be some lame nigga who couldn't get a date or a girlfriend. That was never a problem I just hadn't found the one yet and after my talk with my fadda I wasn't gonna rush that shit.

"If you promise not to do any crazy shit, I'll give you something to do, a special task" My uncle said lowly so my father couldn't hear and my ears perked up.

"Do I get to use a machete?" I questioned uninterested. I wasn't in the mood to be used as an errand bwoy and if that's what he was going to ask then I wasn't going to bother getting hyped about it.

"A machete or whatever weapon you choose to use" he said simply and I slowly turned to look at him as a smile spread across my face and he continued to stare at me with an intensive gaze.

-

"So Mo asked you to kill a detective and you don't even question it?" Angelo questioned and I gave a simple head nod not understanding the point he was trying to make. I opened the car door as a man climbed out of his car holding his briefcase and talking on his cellphone.

I grabbed the machete out of the backseat and preceded to whistle as Angelo started the car up. I walked over and when he heard the whistle he turned his head only to have his throat slit and dropped the phone from his hand grabbing his neck.

I pulled my phone out and looked at the picture Mo had sent to me and held it up to his face while he bled out attempting to run away. I tripped him and he fell over and after confirming he was really the guy I continued to hack away at him.

His body went limp and his hand slowly dropped from his neck as he looked towards the sky with the rest of his life leaving his body. I nudged him with my foot before I turned and walked away after grabbing his suitcase and climbed back into the car.

Angelo tossed me a towel and I wiped the machete off as he pulled off. I tossed the suitcase into the backseat and Angelo had this look of surprise on his face.

"I'm not that cold  blooded. Stabbing people is so personal, I just got good aim and usually only have to shoot them once to end they life but damn" he said and I shrugged.

"Some people like shooting people and some people like stabbing people. It's a preference" I remind and Angelo continued to drive occasionally looking in the rearview mirror anyway.

"Who was that detective anyway? Why did Mo want him dead?" He questioned and I tried to remember what he said to me. I kinda blacked him out after he said the word kill but I could've sworn he told me the reason.

"I think it had something to do with him having it out for Moses and was trying to get Aaron as well for something" I explained and Angelo nodded his head.

"That must of been the dude who kept popping up. Moses better get a good lawyer or his ass is done for because you know they aren't going to just drop that case against him. He murdered his cousin in front of to many people so he better just lay low in Jersey" He said.

"Moses is back in New York to get the rest of his stuff. If they had enough evidence to get him they'd have done it already" I stated and Angelo nodded.

"True. Whatever the nigga is on his own now, I wish him the best, he's smart so he'll be alright" Angelo said and I agreed.

It was going to be weird without having the batty bwoy around anymore. He'd been around for a little while and had become almost like family so I really did wish him the best and hoped he stayed alive and prayed it wouldn't come down to one of us having to take him out one day.

Angelo drove to the strip club we usually frequented and it was semi packed. He cut the car off and I was out of the car before he was feeling liked it'd been awhile since I'd been at my second home.

I entered the club and it smelled like the usual, marijuana, booze and disappointment. I waited for Angelo to come in before I went over to the bar and ordered a drink.

I scanned my surroundings before sitting down and my eyes landed on a stripper who was working the pole. A few men stood around eyeing her intently and she seemed to be loving the attention as she twirled around.

Angelo spotted a women who was walking passed and he quickly ducked down and made his way over to me before he sat down.

"She's friends with Goddess, we should've went to a strip club we don't own. She's going to tell her I was here" he complained and I laughed.

"Bwoy you you must really like this gyal, you're acting like Kaine" I stated and he scrunched his face up at the thought.

"I'm not acting like Kaine's bitch ass. I haven't even squinted my eyes once" he said and I chuckled and lifted up a shot quickly tossing it back.

"Kaine don't do anything because he thinks Ajani is going to divorce him if he does. She could tell him to go out and have a good time and he acts paranoid just like you. You're pussy whipped" I said with a simple shrug and he smacked his teeth.

"Fuck outta here with all that. I just know I'll have to be on my best behavior tonight, I already be forgetting I'm with Goddess" he complained.

I pulled out my phone and looked at a notification I got from snapchat. When I looked at the messages I realized it was just nudes from two different women and instead of responding back to them I clicked on Aaron's story to see if he was still singing along to drake.

Most of his snaps consisted of the back of Knox's head showing off his clean haircut and the other half was of him rapping along to some Schoolboy Q song. Shaking my head I locked my phone back and stuffed it into my pocket.

Angelo tapped my arm and I looked up as he nodded towards a bouncer walking over to us. I waited for him to get closer and he looked over his shoulder making sure nobody had followed him.

"There's about four police cars that just pulled up. You got anything on you, get rid of it" He said looking at Angelo and I.

"How good do you know this bwoy?" I questioned Angelo wondering if we could trust him and Angelo removed his gun and handed it over.

"He's cool, trust him" he said simply and I eventually handed over both of my guns. The bouncer blended into the crowed disappearing just as the music in the club stopped and police stormed into the strip club.

"You think this is about the dude I just offed?" I questioned as I stood up. A few of the local drug dealers that didn't move that much weight started getting arrested and I stood up expecting to be handcuffed but the cops went right passed me and went over to a group of flashy dudes.

I stepped back getting out of the way watching a few of the strippers continue to collect money before running to the back.

"Nah. They not here for you, just lay low" Angelo whispered as he turned around facing the bar and I slowly sat back down.

While a cop walked passed I heard on his radio someone saying there was a cop killing. He cursed under his breath and slammed a guy into the ground placing him in handcuffs.

"Let's go and blend in with the crowed leaving" Angelo said as he got up. I took another shot before casually walking out without being stopped.

The bouncer who had taken our guns was outside and he slid them back to us discreetly and we headed back towards the car.

"I didn't even get a lap dance. This was just a waste of gas" I complained and Angelo looked at me for awhile before he shook his head and climbed into the car causing me to follow.

"Nigga this is more like a sign, you need to be home and laying low and I need to be with Goddess so let's just take the suitcase to Mo and stop fucking around" he said pulling out of the parking space.

"He at Jani place just drop me off over there. I need to get new friends" I mumbled and Angelo focused on the road.

"Ain't nobody ever gonna have your back like I have your back Jo. How about we smoke some weed, play video games and I'll hook you up with one of the women I follow on Instagram. Most of them are with the one nightstand shit" he reminded.

"Can't my mama is in town, unless I go to a hotel I can't bring a gyal to the guesthouse" I remind and Angelo stopped the car and looked at me.

"What? Your mom is here?" He questioned and I gave a simple nod. He pulled out his phone while a car honked and drove around us. I listened to the keys as he typed away on his phone before he hit send.

"Why the fuck nobody ain't tell me? Got me waisting time at a strip club and texting Goddess back like damn" he mumbled.

"Batty bwoy for the last time my mama doesn't want you! She's married to my fadda and he will kill you bruh and I'm not over exaggerating" I explained as slow as I could.

"I'm a just shoot my shot, I got to" Angelo explained as he started driving again and I laughed. You'd think after shooting his shot over a hundred times and missing each and every time he'd get tired of it.

"Bwoy you know what?" I questioned looking over at Angelo only to feel my breath get caught into my throat as a police car crashed into the car slamming into his side.

My head hit the dashboard as the car flip over what felt like two times. The briefcase in the backseat came forward hitting me in the back of the head and I was out after that.

Moses McKinley

"I tried to be a good boyfriend. I cheated on everyone I was with but him, I mean I thought about pussy all of the time and I might've cheated eventually but I didn't. I tried for Ron and what did that end up doing? He got shot" I ranted as I took a sip of the vodka in my hand.

My eyes roamed to the woman who was on her knees in front of me sucking my dick. When I stopped talking she pulling my duck out of her mouth and looked at me as if she was waiting for me to continue my story.

"Did you want me to respond? I can't suck your dick, talk and listen at the same time" she said growing an attitude and I smacked my teeth.

"Bitch it's called multitasking!" I snapped and she stopped and got an attitude as she gathered all of her stuff as I pulled my briefs up and heard someone knocking on my apartment door. The woman who's name I couldn't remember froze as she looked at me and I picked up my gun that sat on the table and walked passed all of my moving boxes I was suppose to be packing.

I looked through the peephole and spotted a familiar face and reluctantly opened the door. Malik raised an eyebrow and I stepped to the side allowing him to come in as the girl rushed out passed him with her stuff while she got dressed in the process.

"You probably gonna tell Aaron about that, right?" I questioned as Malik looked around my messy apartment from all of the packing I was doing. He rubbed at his neck and stood completely still as he looked around.

"You're single right? What you do is none of my business" he said as I shut the door and locked it back. He watched me as I went over to my couch and took a seat leaning forward.

"I went to get breakfast earlier and as I'm sitting in the restaurant alone I remembered that Ron and I use to go there all of the time. He eats weird, he has to cute up everything perfectly and then mix some of his food together so he was tasting different flavors all at once. He wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend and even though he annoyed me I loved him so much" I said leaning back on the couch.

"You broke up with him because you saw his potential and you saw everything he could be and I wanted to come by and thank you for that. You helped Aaron grow and you helped my brother fit in and gain confidence, he's not lonely anymore or always sitting around in his own world. I hope one day you leave the game and take care of yourself" Malik said and I looked up at him growing shocked.

His eyes remained cold and calculating but what he was saying still felt genuine to me. I placed my hands into my lap and eyed my sleeping dog who was laid out on a pile of my clothes I had yet to pack into a box.

"Aaron is better off without me right now. I have a lot of issues I need to work through and I don't want to damage him for the next person. I want what was best for him and my feelings were never fake they were always genuine, I've never loved someone this deep" I admit feeling like the walls were closing in on me.

"I never thought they were fake. I know you care about him a lot and you're doing what you feel is right for yourself at this point and time and that's cool. You don't have to explain yourself but you could at least say goodbye to him properly before you go" Malik said as he turned and left out of my apartment giving me one last nod.

I leaned back on my couch and stared at the moving boxes. I didn't expect Aaron to wait around for me if I did decide to come back for him. There was no telling what was in the future, there was also a big possibility we'd outgrow each other but I was certain I'd always have a soft spot for him.

Before I called him I stalked his Instagram and scrolled through everything seeing he no longer followed me and he'd deleted all of his pictures from his account.

I ran my tongue over my bottom lip before calling his phone and listening to it ring. I didn't expect him to pick up but I needed the closure.

"Hello?" Aaron questioned in a normal voice. I stood up from the couch and walked over to my front door locking it.

"I wanted to say goodbye properly before I finish packing up my stuff" I explained without greeting him.

"Okay" he said and it was a twenty second long pause of us just being on the phone. I cleared my throat not know what I was going to say to him.

"Let's just not say goodbye. You and I aren't dying and one day hopefully we'll be friends again and it won't hurt"  Aaron said and I smirked.

"I love you" I said and Aaron hesitated before he returned it and we both hung up on one another ending it with no hard feelings, at least on my end.

I placed my phone on the coffee table and grabbed some neatly folded clothes and began placing them into boxes while London stretched her body out and proceeded to lick her paws.

"I know this divorce is gonna be hard on you, yeah? But it's for the best, you can FaceTime Ron whenever" I said as my dog buried her head into the clothes.

I chuckled as my phone started ringing and I lifted it up thinking it was going to be Aaron calling back but it was Kaine instead. I looked up growing confused, first Malik and now Kaine, I wondered what I did now.

"I already talked to Aaron. Things aren't good but they're cordial" I explained moving a box to the other side of the room.

"Yo fuck that! I need your help right now, drop what you're doing. There's been a car accident and I need you to help me move Angelo, he can't go to the hospital" Kaine said sounding frantic.

"Text me and I'll come right now" I said and he hung up. I grabbed my car keys and left out of of my apartment locking the door behind me.

First Aaron and now Angelo? People was getting got left and right and it wasn't a good look. I needed to get the fuck from around here because I wasn't trying to be next.

Authors note -

Comment & Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Born to Kill By Rø

General Fiction

13.9K 364 23
24 year old Alexus Carter is a lawyer winning all her cases. All her life she's been living off the streets with her older brother Arnold who recentl...
38.8K 2.4K 49
#1 Spy #2 Mafiaboss • Ziva and Jayceono. Two of the most popular people at school-aka troublemakers-who absolutely detested each other's guts and pre...
245 10 10
Egypt is a twenty-one year old college student straight from out of Houston, TX. Being that her mother was murdered at the age of five that left her...
1.5K 99 11
¡Currently on hold! *This story involves many events that some people may find vulgar. These events are not based on a true story. The characters and...