An Almost Fairy Tale [Complet...

By dezmarron

Lyric has a child and realizes she's not attracted to men anymore. Then she runs into a woman whom she met ye... More

First Four Characters
All Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
NEW CHARACTERS
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
Epilogue

28

58 3 0
By dezmarron

"What do you mean babe?"

"Babe? Why are you calling me that? I don't even know you! Where am I!?"

"Rosa, why don't I talk to Lyric alone, okay?"

"I don't wanna leave her."

"I promise you everything will be fine," The girl, who I'm guessing is named Rosa, walked out of this spacious room. "I'm gonna call your father."

"So are you gonna tell me who you are and where I am, or am I gonna have to call the police?"

"My name is Dr. Norris. You are home."

"HOME!? THIS IS NOT MY HOUSE! WHERE IS MY MOM AND DAD?"

"Lyric, how old are you?"

"13, why?"

"Lyric, you are 26. You are married to your loving wife Rosa, and you have three beautiful children together."

"Wanna know how I know you're lying to me? I would never marry a girl. I'm not a lesbian. And kids? What kids? I'm too young to have kids!" Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Rosa-"

"Dr. Norris, I left the twins' bottles in here, I really need them."

"Come in Rosa," 'Rosa' walked in and grabbed a bag full of baby stuff. I looked at her more closely. I had to admit, she was pretty, but I would never date a girl, or even marry one. The doctor stopped 'Rosa' before she left and whispered something to her. 'Rosa' frowned and walked out of the room with her head down.

"What did you just tell her!?"

"That you have retrograde amnesia."

"But I don't so..."

"Your wife deserves to know."

"SHE'S NOT MY WIFE!"

"I'm gonna step out of the room for a minute, so I can call your father." The doctor stepped out of the room and I took the time to look around the room. It was really big, it even had it's own bathroom. I saw some pictures hanging on the wall, and I examined them. They were pictures of me, and 'Rosa' and a bunch of little kids. In some of the pictures, 'Rosa' and I were kissing. It was so unorthodox 一 so bizarre. A few minutes later, the doctor walked in with my dad.

"DAD!" I said running over to him. "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!?"

"Lyric, I need you to calm down. Where's Rosa?" He asked Dr. Norris.

"I told her to leave for a little while. I knew she would freak out about this so she went to go be with the kids."

"What are those pictures on the wall over there!?" I said pointing. Dad walked over to the pictures and took them off the wall and carried them over to me.

"Lyric, this is your family. You're not 13, you're 26. You're married, and have 3 children."

"That can't be true Dad. Where's mom?"

"Lyric-"

"WHERE'S MOM!?"

"You're mother passed away Lyric."

"WHAT!? NO! THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"

"Lyric stop yelling."

"Dad I-"

"I'm getting Rosa," He got up and left.

"Lyric, do you remember anything?" Then my dad walked in the room with "Rosa' and those kids in the picture.

"Lyric?"

"What?"

"Please remember us."

"I don't, because I don't know you."

"You do Lyric. I'm Rosa, your wife."

"Um,"

"How about this, this is Luke, your son. You had him before we started dating. He was only 2 years old. His father's name is Jeremiah. These are our twins, Elena-Josefina Johnson and Matías Johnson. Remember how happy we were when we found out I was pregnant? We thought we were only having one baby, but we have two beautiful twins!"

"I'm sorry I don't remember." she frowned and hung her head.

"I think I should go."

"Mommy? Does Mama not remember us?" I could see tears in 'Rosa's' eyes. I felt really bad for her. She must be really delusional or something if she really thinks I'm her wife and the mother of those kids.

"Come on Luke, how about we take an evening walk through the park, there's still light outside."

"Please be careful out there by yourself Rosa, you don't need anymore trips to the emergency room."

"I will Dr. Norris, I promise."

"How about I go with the four of you Rosa?"

"That sounds nice, thank you Mr. Johnson."

"Rosa, I know you and I haven't really bonded or talked, but you can just call me Jaxon."

"Oh. Okay Jaxon. Well I'm gonna go get some warm bottles for the twins to drink for later, and their jackets."

"Okay, I will meet you downstairs."

"Okay," They both exited the room with the kids.

"So what now?"

"I'm gonna let you sit and think about some things okay? If you need me, I'll be downstairs in the den."

"Oh, um okay," She left the room and quietly shut the door. I laid there on the surprisingly comfortable bed and went over my thoughts. I looked over the pictures scattered on the bed. Maybe it is true. Maybe 'Rosa' was my wife, and those were our kids.

..........

It's been four weeks and I started to remember. Me having Luke. Rosa and I running to city hall to get married. Us finding out Rosa was pregnant. I remembered everything! I was staying with my dad because apparently I insisted on being with him because Rosa was a 'creepy lady'.

"What's today's date Dad?"

"August 4th. Why?"

"IT'S THE TWINS' FIRST BIRTHDAY! DAD DRIVE ME HOME NOW!"

"Lyric, are you sure you remember everything?"

"I remember you criticizing my marriage and trying to take my son."

"Touché."

"Just drive me home Dad, then, stay the hell away from me."

..............

I got out of the car, ran to the front door and started ringing the doorbell like crazy. Rosa quickly opened the door and I jumped on her making us both fall to the ground.

"Lyric?"

"ROSA BABY I'M SO SORRY!"

"Lyric, is everything okay?"

"Rosa I remember everything!"

"YOU DO!?"

"YES! Dr. Norris said that it was spontaneous recovery which is what usually happens with amnesia."

"OH MY GOODNESS! THANK GOD!"

"We should probably get off the ground babe."

"You're the one who knocked me down," she said taking my hand as we got up. "Lyric, can we please move away now."

"Of course."

"Good, I packed the things up while you were gone. I didn't lose hope you'd remember."

"And you wonder why I love you so much," She kissed my cheek and I spun her around and wrapped my arms around her waist. I kissed her and held her close.

"Mama?" I looked down to see Luke.

"Hey Luke," I said kneeling down to hug him.

"I missed you so much Mama!" he said wiping tears away.

"Lukey, are you crying?"

"No Mommy. I'm a man, and men don't cry," he said poking out his chest and making muscles.

"Of course, you're our little man. But it's okay to cry." I picked up Luke and kissed his cheek. "Did my our little man take care of Mommy and the twins while I was gone?"

"I always do Mama!"

"I can see that. Where are the birthday girl and boy?"

"You remembered?"

"Of course! Now where are they?"

"In the den playing with their presents."

"Here Mama, I'll show you!" Luke took my hand and I followed him into the den, Rosa following close behind.

"MAMA!"

"Yes Luke?"

"That wasn't me Mama, it was Matty."

"What!?" I turned to Rosa. "He's speaking?" She nodded slowly.

"So is EJ."

"Really?"

"Mama!" EJ's little beautiful voice called to me. Her big brown eyes staring into mine.

"Are those their first words?"

"Well, they started talking a few weeks ago. The only word they know is 'Mama'. They have been screaming it non-stop since you got hurt."

"They can't say Mommy?"

"No, but I'm not mad."

"Promise?"

"They've felt a part of them missing --- it was you and they wanted that part back. So they called for it. I know that soon they will say Mommy and Luke and their names. I am not worried at all. So yes, I promise."

"Thank you."

"No, thank you."

"Why are you thanking me, Rosy?"

"Just for loving me. For choosing me."

"I'm always gonna choose you. Over and over again."

"MAMA!" the twins called to me in unison.

"I think they want you to pick them up," Rosa said laughing.

..........

"We're gonna miss you Carina," We were at the airport hugging everyone goodbye. Carina, her boyfriend Jacob, Maia, Chelsea, Eli, and Kaila were there. Yeah, we forgave Chelsea and Maia.

"Mijas please be safe."

"We will Mami I promise," Carina engulfed us in a huge hug. She pulled away with tears in her eyes and she knelt down to be eye level with Luke.

"I'm gonna miss you abuelita."

"I'll come visit soon mi nieto. I promise. Can you promise me something?"

"What is it abuelita?"

"Take care of your mothers and your siblings, and never stop being amazing like your abuelita."

"I promise," Luke hugged Carina really tightly. Carina placed a kiss on the twins' faces and Jacob came over to us.

"Be safe girls."

"Sounds like you're giving us the sex talk," Rosa said laughing and wiping away tears. "Please take care of my mom, I'm warning you, she's a bit crazy."

"Rosalina! Don't scare the man off!" Carina said hitting her arm.

"I can tell he won't be going anywhere anytime soon Mami," Rosa winked at Carina.

"I won't be. I'm in love with your mother."

"Thank you for taking care of her," Jacob engulfed Rosa in a hug.

"Please be safe, I don't need her having a mini heart attack," he whispered not so quietly making us all laugh. He pulled away and hugged me then gave Luke a high five.

"You two better call us," Chelsea said walking toward us with Eli.

"Yeah, and feel free to call me so I can come and kill someone for you."

"That's really sweet E but you have a wife and kids, and they don't need you going to jail."

"True, but don't think I wouldn't."

"We know Eli," Rosa said laughing.

"We love you guys," Chelsea said hugging Rosa and I.

"We love you too Chels."

"And as for you little man, don't forget to practice your b-ball skills."

"I won't Uncle Eli," Eli bent down and did his secret handshake with Luke.

"Lukey, don't stop being adorable."

"Auntie Chelsea, I'm a man, men are not adorable."

"Well I stand corrected. Don't stop being manly then," she said laughing.

"I promise I won't."

"I really hope you guys are happy out there in New Mexico. Please don't forget about us," Maia dropped her head.

"Maia, we would never!" Rosa said hugging Maia.

"Are you sure Rosa?"

"I'm positive Maia. We love you guys!"

"Even me?"

"Why wouldn't we?"

"Because she almost killed you," I mumbled under my breath, but only Rosa heard it.

"Rosa, I hurt you really bad and-"

"Lyric and I have moved past that. I promise." Well, we know she has.

"You have the kindest heart Rosa."

"Aww thanks babes."

"We are really gonna miss you guys."

"We'll miss you too."

"Um Rosa, we have to go, or we'll miss our flight!"

"Oh my goodness, we should go," We quickly exchanged hugs and goodbyes with everyone and took the kids and our bags and we headed to our gate.

"WAIT!" Rosa and I turned to see Carina and Jacob running after us.

"Mami? What's wrong?"

"I wanted to give you this a little later but you're leaving me forever so why not now," She said awkwardly laughing.

"Mam-"

"Your abuelita gave me this, now I'm giving it to you," She put a beautiful necklace around Rosa's neck.

"Mami, this is beautiful! Thank you so much. I will cherish it forever!"

"Rosy, we have to go."

"Go mija, call me when you land."

"Okay Mami. Te quiero mucho."

"Te quiero mucho mucho!" she said blowing kisses. We ran to our gate and got there just in time.

"Once we get on the plane, there's no turning back Lyric."

"Once we get on the plane, we'll be starting our new lives."

............

We were on the plane, and Luke and the twins were sound asleep. Rosa had her head laid on my shoulder and we held hands. We had EJ and Matty on our laps, and Luke sat next to me in the window seat. Rosa sat near the aisle for easy bathroom access leaving me to sit in the middle. All of a sudden, I could hear tiny sniffles coming from Rosa.

"Rosy? You okay?"

"I am just so happy that we can finally be safe now."

"Oh Rosy, you're crying love. Please don't cry."

"They are happy tears I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.4K 1.4K 11
▪︎A single father who has given up on love and put a pause on his life to give his daughter everything she could ever dream of and somehow keeping he...
61.5K 679 50
One shots....Enjoy!
47.2K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
17.4K 764 28
"𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝑰 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒅. 𝑭𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔...