Dope Boy Ambitions

By laila_duhh

16 year old Monica Monroe and her twin sister Yonica are currently living in an orphanage due to there parent... More

Prolouge: Dope Boy Ambitions
A Place Called Home
New To This
Job Run
The Bigger Brother
Struck Out
When Life Gives You Condoms, Use Them
All About The Benjamins
Opposites Attract
Trapped
All Alone
The Easy Way Out
One Way Or Another
Man Down
Saying GoodBye
Hard As An Apple
Freedom At Last
Lost And Found
Old Friends Meet Again
Hidden Secrets
Ahead Of Time
Truth Be Told
Life Saver
Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall
Low Down And Dirty
You Wouldn't? Would You?
One Plus One
BackStabber
So Gone
Makeup To Breakup
Miracle
M is for Mommy
Bundle Of Joy
New Addition
Family Guy
Who?
Loud & Clear
Plans Unplanned
Can You Hear Me?
A Moment Of Silence
L-O-S-T
Dysfunctional
Baby Why
Bittersweet
Life Goes On
Down The Drain
Although Im Missing You
For Better or Worse
Finalé: Dope Boy Ambitions- The Final Say
ITS HERE!

Respect Is Earned Not Given

135K 4.7K 5.7K
By laila_duhh

(Morgan)

Monica

"Your history test will be tomorrow. It will have 100 questions. Be prepared." My history teacher said before the bell rung.

I sighed. It was only Thursday and I'm already tired of school.

I collected my books then walked out of the class.

"Hey. How was math?" Morgan asked walking beside me.

"Complicated."

She laughed. King walked towards me. He already had on his McDonald's uniform. He placed his cap on.

"Come on. We gotta' go to this damn job." He snapped then walked away.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why does he talk to you like that?" Morgan asked.

I shrugged and closed my locker.

"See you later." I told Morgan and walked outside to King's car.

Since Nick rode home with a friend I finally got to sit in the front seat.

"Took you long enough." King mumbled before driving off to McDonald's.

I rolled my eyes once again and opened my back pack. I pulled out my uniform.

"Pull over at a gas station." I told King.

"For what?" He asked.

"I need to change into the uniform."

"Yo' ass better change in this car."

I smacked my lips. "Fine. But keep your eyes on the road."

"I will. I don't want to look at your boney ass anyways."

As he was driving I took off the skinny jeans I had on and slid on the black pants that had a M on the side. I slowly took off my shirt.

King glanced at me. "Eyes on the road." I mushed his head.

I threw the McDonald's shirt over my head and put it fully on. Lastly I put my bushy red hair into a pony tail and put the cap on my head.

"What's that on ya' back?" King asked referring to my scars that were on my back.

"Me and my sister use to fight a lot. One time she burned me with the iron and that's how I got those scars."

He started laughing.

"That's not funny. It hurt really bad." I said laughing a little myself.

"What ya mama use to do when y'all would fight?" King asked.

I sighed. "I never knew my mom or dad."

"Oh my bad. I ain't know."

"It's cool." I said looking out the window.

A few minutes later we pulled up at McDonald's.

We got out the car and walked inside.

"There you two are. What are your names?" Mr. Mac the manager asked us.

"Monica." I smiled.

"King." King spoke dryly.

Mr. Mac wrote our names down on a name tag then put it on our shirts.

"King your in the back flipping burgers and Monica your taking orders at the drive thru." He handed King a apron and me a head set.

"Get to work." He said.

King groaned then walked back to the stove. I giggled and went to the drive thru window.

I had no idea what I was doing.

"Press the button on your head set. Then say hello may I take your order." A short girl said coming up to me.

"Umm. What?"

"It's not that hard. Press the button then say hello."

I did as told and held down a button.

"Uh, hello? May I take your order."

"I need 4 Big Macs with 4 large fries."

I laughed and typed in her order on the screen.

"What's funny?" She asked.

"All that food. Even though I can't see your face. I'm pretty sure your fat." I said while laughing.

I didn't hear anything. "Hello?"

All of a sudden the car pulled up at the window.

"Now what was that shit you was talking?" I looked closely at the chick and noticed it was King's so called girlfriend Noel.

"Oh I'm sorry-"

"I don't know you like that. But I've seen you around school. Say something slick like that again and I will drag your ass down the hallway."

This is your first day on the job Mo. Cool down. Don't pull her ass through the window and hurt her.

I cleared my throat. "Would you like anything else?"
*

*

*

King

"Stupid ass fake food." I said flipping a patty over on the stove. I felt like Sponge Bob flipping burgers and shit.

The time was 10 pm. It was time for me to get off. I yanked my apron off then walked to the front.

"Come on Mo." I said taking the McDonald's cap off.

"Already? I like it here." She pouted.

I pulled my keys out my pocket.

"You two did good for your first time being here. See y'all tomorrow at 4." Mr. Mac waved us goodbye.

We got into my car. I started it up and pulled out of the parking lot.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I slowly pressed on the brakes as I came to a red light. I pulled my phone out and looked at it.

Pops: make those runs tonight boy.
10:07 pm

"Green light." Mo said.

I looked up and the light was green. I stepped on the gas. While looking at the road and then at my phone I texted my dad back.

Me: on it.
10:09 pm

"You should really stop texting and driving."

"Zip it. I got this."

All of a sudden Mo snatched my phone out my hands.

"I'm not losing my life because you wanted to text one of your hoes back."

"First off, don't ever touch my damn phone." I snatched my phone back. "And second, what makes you think I was texting my 'hoes' as you say."

"Because all boys have-"

"I'm not all boys. I'm my own person. Ya' know, I'm one of a kind. I'm a King."

"Tuh! Boy please." Mo said laughing.

"I'm serious."

"Yea yea." She said.

I came up on 10th street and make a turn down the block.

"Where are we going? It's dark down this street."

"Don't you think I know that?" I told her parking my car on the corner.

I stepped out my Challenger and closed the door behind me. I leaned against my car and lit me a blunt. Smoking and watching the sluts walk past me.

One of the girls came up to me. She was a old woman. Her teeth were brown and her hair was matted and tangled.

"Hey King." She blew her breath in my face.

"Damn." I said holding my nose.

"Is it that bad?" She asked.

"Is it? Whew!" I fanned my face.

"Whatever." She said touching my car.

I pushed her hand away. "Move along if you ain't trying to buy nothin'."

"I just wanna hang with you." She said showing them nasty ass teeth.

"Nah. Gone' now oldie."

"I got a name." She rolled her eyes.

I chuckled. "Bye Rosemary." I said as she walked away. That old lady crazy.

Monica got out of the car. "King what the hell-"

"Get yo ass back in the car." I yelled.

She smacked her lips and got back inside.

About a hour passed and I only made 500 dollars tonight. I wasn't leaving until I at least make 1,000.

"King. Seriously can we please go home-" Monica said.

"Damnit I thought I told you-"

"Fuck what you told me. I said I wanted to go home!" Monica yelled.

"Fuck what you want! I told you to get back into the car while I'm trying to handle business."

She walked over to me and got in my face.

"I. Want. To. Go. Home."

"I. Dont. Give. Two. Fucks."

"You need to start respecting me!" She yelled.

"Respect is earned not given."
*

*

*

Monica

"Respect is earned not given."

I just can't believe King had the audacity to tell me that. I be damned if I'm gonna' earn my respect.

"Monica sweetie." Sheri said opening my door.

"Ma'am?" I said turning to look at her.

"I made breakfast. It's downstairs on the stove. And you're getting your hair done tomorrow."

"Okay." I said with a little smile. She smiled back and walked out of my room.

I put a frown back on my face and continued to get ready for school.

I went to my dresser and slipped on the bracelet Yonica had made me when we were younger. I wear it daily.

I sighed while looking at it. I wish I knew where she was. I'm not complete without her being next to me. I miss her craziness and her silliness. She would always find a way to make me smile even when I'm not at my best.

"Come on and stop staring into space." King busted into my room.

I brushed my hair down one last time then placed on my back pack.

I went downstairs and grabbed a piece of crispy bacon off the stove then went outside to King's car.

"Both of y'all in the back." King told Nick and I.

We both got into the back seat. We didn't know why we just did it.

King started to drive to school.

"Nice bracelet." Nick said to me.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Who is Yoka?" He asked pronouncing her name all wrong.

I laughed. "It's Yonica. And she's my sister."

"Ohhhh."

King turned into a small neighborhood then pulled up in front of a one story house.

A boy came out of the house with a hot pocket in his hands.

"Wassup my man. Preciate' the ride." The boy said and got into the passenger seat.

"No problem." King said.

"Sup Nickolas." The boy said to nick.

"Hey Jo." Nick spoke back.

"And hey red head." Jo said speaking to me.

"Hi." I said shyly. I had no idea who this boy was but I can tell he has a good personality.

"Dang King. You ain't tell me you had a fine ass sister." Jo said looking back at me making me blush.

"She ain't my sister and she is no where near fine." King said crushing my happiness and the butterflies that were floating around in my stomach.

"You need to get ya' eyes checked homebody because she is definitely something, and by something I mean beautiful." Jo winked at me.

"Thank you. At least someone recognizes my beauty." I flipped my hair and smirked.

King rolled his eyes at me. What is he mad for? I have no idea.

The whole ride to school was filled with laughter. Jo had my sides hurting from all the jokes he was making.

We finally made it too school. King found a park then we all got out.

"Bye red head." Jo said walking away with Nick and King.

I waved then walked into the cafeteria. I saw Morgan sitting at the table applying lip gloss to her lips.

"Hey girl. I see you finally got your cast off." I said sitting in front of her.

"Yes girl finally." She said and put her black curly hair into a high bun.

Morgan looked up. "Uh oh. Here comes Romeo and I think he's looking for his Juliet."

I turned around and I saw Romeo heading towards me. Lord help me.

"Sup Mo." Romeo took a seat next to me.

"Hey." I said.

"Imma' give you two some privacy. Catch you at lunch Mo." Morgan said and walked off.

I sighed. Why did she have to leave me alone?

"You still ain't called me yet. How come?"

Honestly I didn't have a phone yet.

"Been-"

"And don't say you've been busy because I know you haven't." Romeo said.

Man that was my only excuse.

"You avoiding me huh?"

"No. I'm not avoiding you. I just.... I don't know Romeo."

The bell rung and everyone rushed to their class.

"You still coming to Noel's party right?" He asked me.

I didn't even get invited.

"Mhm yea. I'll be there." I lied.

"Good. See ya later, and maybe at the party we can make something happen." Romeo said then kissed my hand. He walked to his class afterwards.

I grabbed my back pack and started walking to my locker. All of a sudden someone bumped my shoulder roughly.

"Watch where your going Drive Thru girl." Noel smirked and her friends laugh.

"Strike one." I said to myself and proceeded to my locker.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 478 40
(If you haven't read Makin It Through this book 2 so you gon be mad confused) It has been six years since Tommy been locked up. The judge has let him...
492K 6.2K 35
A 17 year old girl, named Camille Edwards and her mom and dad lives in a dangerous-ghetto neighborhood. Her mother is a crack fiend, and her father i...
Split By Jaila DaAuthorr

General Fiction

13.4K 794 31
Two sisters are split when a gang of robbers come to get revenge killing their family. Both sisters are left to think each other are dead. With the o...
122K 5.9K 47
[COMPLETE] Nadine and Braxton were not supposed to meet, or ever cross paths. Their worlds were different, yet connected at the same time. But now t...